Post your Super Mario Maker levels!

Alex95

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. =D

So without going into too many spoilers, what did you think of the puzzle overall, and how did you like the... erm... surprise waiting for you at the end of the level? I'll admit, that level isn't entirely fair and those kind of mean tricks are better suited for secret exits. If secret exits were able to be implemented in Mario Maker, I would've made the actual exit the secret exit and done away with that... certain element (you'll know what I'm talking aboutafter playing The Abandoned Forest Warehouse).

I was thinking through how to get to the finish normal and was pissed on what u did, but it took me awhile to figure it out

"Multiple Routes or Something"

I love this idea, and you executed it fairly well, but the saws got a bit much at times.
"Rookie Level or Something"
I really like the insistence on teaching the player wall jumps, I don't think I ever actually saw that in the 2D Mario games but it has been a while since I've played any of the ones with wall jumps.

Thanks!

I'll try to make sure I don't go overboard on saws =o

Thanks for the feedback. My friend appreciated it and realizes some of the flaws. Pipeline was his first stage and he does agree its too clustered.

no probs. Some of them are pretty creative but if executed right, I'm sure his levels will be really enjoyable.

Have you tried my stages yet Jedi?

In other news, I kind of wished the starting upload limit wasn't so small.

Here's a really fun underwater level my brother made. If you find underwater boring (or are stumped with interesting underwater level ideas), you'll hopefully change your mind after this level: 1F8B-0000-0034-95A5

Also, I was inspired to make this particular level after seeing how popular the Yoshi ditch strategy is (poor Yoshi). I made it so that you literally cannot end the level without him::4ABC-0000-0034-59EF 68CF-0000-003A-CC20

...and with that, I've reached my upload limit.

I saw your Miiverse comment, Rando, awesome. :D

Thanks!

I try to leave comments on all SF members' levels I play, unless I'm absollutely stumped on a comment to post after beating it.

I was thinking through how to get to the finish normal and was pissed on what u did, but it took me awhile to figure it out

Ah... I hope you didn't mind too much. I mean, it is a Ghost House done in classic Mario style and they do have cruel tricks to try to get around. I hope you still enjoyed the level in the end, though.

In other news, I kind of wished the starting upload limit wasn't so small.

I feel the same way since I hit my upload limit just now as of this post.

Though I can understand why Nintendo is doing it after seeing all the unfair/unenjoyable hard levels in the Expert 100 Mario challenge. I mean, the less levels like that that are uploaded, the better since I don't want to swap through a ridiculous amount of expert 100 Mario challenge levels just to find one that's fair and completable within a reasonable amount of tries. I personally swapped through 30 or so levels to complete the Expert 100 Mario challenge..

Edited by Randoman

I love creating brutal levels

Apothesis is a joke in comparison to what I create

so after you finish it come back and tell me what you think and how many times you died

"Don'Trust Me Because It's Unfair"
I thought I was safe once I found the secret Starman.
I wasn't.

Here's a really fun underwater level my brother made. If you find underwater boring (or are stumped with interesting underwater level ideas), you'll hopefully change your mind after this level: 1F8B-0000-0034-95A5

Also, I was inspired to make this particular level after seeing how popular the Yoshi ditch strategy is (poor Yoshi). I made it so that you literally cannot end the level without him::4ABC-0000-0034-59EF

...and with that, I've reached my upload limit.

Thanks!

I try to leave comments on all SF members' levels I play, unless I'm absollutely stumped on a comment to post after beating it.

Ah... I hope you didn't mind too much. I mean, it is a Ghost House done in classic Mario style and they do have cruel tricks to try to get around. I hope you still enjoyed the level in the end, though.

I feel the same way since I hit my upload limit just now as of this post.

Though I can understand why Nintendo is doing it after seeing all the unfair/unenjoyable hard levels in the Expert 100 Mario challenge. I mean, the less levels like that that are uploaded, the better since I don't want to swap through a ridiculous amount of expert 100 Mario challenge levels just to find one that's fair and completable within a reasonable amount of tries. I personally swapped through 30 or so levels to complete the Expert 100 Mario challenge..

"Grab Shell Dude"
I lost the shell not very far into the level yet I still somehow made it! I think underwater chases are really neat, props to your brother.
"Don't Ditch Yoshi!!"
I actually got stumped on this level. There came a point where there was a small hole I couldn't enter and I wasn't sure what to do from there.
EDIT: I should note I typically don't use Miiverse posts to comment on levels because I find it easier to simply let you all know here what I think.
Edited by Deviddo

Kingddd. Your Lucina and Samus stages are so frantic. I liked em.

Will play the rest soon, I tend to leave miiverse comments.

Edit: Also I have two new stages. But my friend is using the copy (his) of Mario maker. So I can't check ID ATM.

But those of you who followed me or have had something starred by me should be able to check out.

Fishy Inferno

And

Peach's Highheel Adventure.

Also my friend has a new stage.

Edited by Jedi

Kingddd. Your Lucina and Samus stages are so frantic. I liked em.

Will play the rest soon, I tend to leave miiverse comments.

Edit: Also I have two new stages. But my friend is using the copy (his) of Mario maker. So I can't check ID ATM.

But those of you who followed me or have had something starred by me should be able to check out.

Fishy Inferno

And

Peach's Highheel Adventure.

Also my friend has a new stage.

"Fishy Inferno"
That was a really interesting castle level! Props to you, you're pretty good at making levels that I wouldn't be shocked to see in an actual Mario game.
"Peach's Highheel Adventure"
I've mentioned this before but levels themed around a specific costume are outright adorable, I've always loved the concept of the Kuribo's Shoe mechanic and you executed it wonderfuly here, great job.
"Bowser's Grinder Castle"
The castle with the saws as a theme was executed pretty much perfectly I'd say.
----------
Being entirely honest, I'm quite a big fan of you and your friend's levels.

"Armada"

I think the whole flying and shooting level concept is really interesting, but this level really threw a lot at you at once.
"Keep running"
This level was pretty interesting, but the name was just a little
"Climb Mario"
Levels that make sprites out of the blocks are really cool concepts! Good work. That Koopa right at the beginning is rather cheap though. I couldn't really find the exit either.

For Armada, I just put together what I could using what little I had. I'll go back to it later and revamp it, but I'm not sure if I'll upload again. Also, stay at the bottom, jumping to a new cloud when it gives you one.

Keep running was actually created by my brother... and he likes messing with players. If the name confused you, perfectly natural. Lots of player died by jumping off that trampoline. I'm making a Keep Running level myself. Don't worry, though. It'll stay true to it's name.

Climb Mario is a trolling level XD. You need the koopa, but dodge the first so you can use the second. As for the exit, it's INSIDE Mario. Have the koopa at the top knock some blocks out and you'll find your way through.

For Armada, I just put together what I could using what little I had. I'll go back to it later and revamp it, but I'm not sure if I'll upload again. Also, stay at the bottom, jumping to a new cloud when it gives you one.

Keep running was actually created by my brother... and he likes messing with players. If the name confused you, perfectly natural. Lots of player died by jumping off that trampoline. I'm making a Keep Running level myself. Don't worry, though. It'll stay true to it's name.

Climb Mario is a trolling level XD. You need the koopa, but dodge the first so you can use the second. As for the exit, it's INSIDE Mario. Have the koopa at the top knock some blocks out and you'll find your way through.

I didn't mean to imply that the levels were bad, It's just outside my skill level is all (which isn't too hard to accomplish).

I finished that second course I was working on! It's called... Pipe Maze! It's inspired by certain episodes of Super Mario Bros. Z, a Youtube show. ;3

Code: F748-0000-0038-4D14

It's not as long as Level Ike, but I'd say the difficulty is a little harder. There are hidden Fire Flowers (cause my favorite power-up) and a hidden 1-up mushroom. I plan to do an underground pipe maze and underwater pipe maze to make this a little series as well. :)

I'll go play some of you guys' new courses now!

Also, my stepdad was watching me play and he said it looked fun and that he might want to make a course or two as well, so I'll be sure to let you guys know how this turns out. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I liked your Pipe Maze Ana, but I feel some of the Pirana Plant placement is mean, but hey it works as a stage so ^^.

I'm gonna just post IDs now. Even ones I did before!

For easy access lol.

Peach's Highheel Adventure

E6D8-0000-0034-EA8C

Fishy Inferno

09FE-0000-0034-694C

Cheep Cheep Creek

59BF-0000-0030-8EA4

SSB64 Race to the Finish! (Beta)

9942-0000-0029-738A

Bowsers Vanguard

896D-0000-0027-A8AE

Airship Assault

FB81-0000-0026-7FC2

Feathery Test (Basic) [For experts of the Mario World Cape only]

ED43-0000-0025-13C4

Water Hazard

3A2E-0000-001F-4E38

Really? I placed them where I did cause I didn't want to level to feel too easy... Well, I'm still a novice at this, so... xP

I tried Airship Assault, and I felt that it was too brutal... Also couldn't find any way to reach the Fire Flower. But if those things are fixed, it's a good, challenging level!

Also, question: How are you guys able to use the SMB3 and SMW styles? I don't have those options...

Also, question: How are you guys able to use the SMB3 and SMW styles? I don't have those options...

You have to unlock them by playing with the level editor a lot.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805618-super-mario-maker/72471906

How to QUICKLY Unlock everything! (It's NOT 9 days anymore!)

For everyone who doesn't know how to get all the tools, here's a quick guide:

1.) Place every New object you have at least once. Go ahead and visit new themes too. I'm not sure if this helps, but you may as well experience and play around with all your new tools while waiting, because there IS a waiting period between unlocks. Bear in mind that while the unlocks ARE still locked by a period of playtime, IDLING WILL NOT WORK (or is at least less effective). Just actively mess around in the editor while you wait, that's why you bought the game - it's freaking fun. :D
2.) Eventually, you'll get a message saying new tools will be available on (tomorrow's date). But we won't stand for time locks, will we?
3.) Place a large square of blocks. ? Blocks, Brick blocks, whatever you feel like.
4.) Hold L to enter Multi-Grab Mode and highlight the biggest chunk of Blocks you can.
5.) Hold ZL to enter Copy Mode and Copy these blocks everywhere. About 5 times might do it.
6.) Release ZL. You should hear truck noises, followed by an early shipment unlock process.
7.) Repeat until everything's unlocked ;D
Due note that you may have to copy a lot more than just 5 chunks of blocks. I used this method and I unlocked everything in 3 hours.
Edited by kingddd

Really? I placed them where I did cause I didn't want to level to feel too easy... Well, I'm still a novice at this, so... xP

I tried Airship Assault, and I felt that it was too brutal... Also couldn't find any way to reach the Fire Flower. But if those things are fixed, it's a good, challenging level!

I made the Goomba spawner to hop off one of them for the fire flower.

But I do agree I may have gone a bit overboard lol. You might like my tamer levels like Peach's High heel and Cheep cheep creek.

Edited by Jedi

I didn't mean to imply that the levels were bad, It's just outside my skill level is all (which isn't too hard to accomplish).

I didn't think you were. Just explaining them in more detail. And you can complain about my brother's stage all you want. He'll never know. Unless you put in the comments, of course.

Also, I come with codes galore! My "Keep Running" stage's code: F3F3-0000-0038-67CD. It's a bit simpler than most others of the same type. But hey, I'm still learning.

I've been given special permission to host the following code that were made by the owners of my local game store as well! Check them out!

World Easy Peasy - Level 1 [Easy Difficulty]

3569-0000-0035-004D

Breaking & Entering [Medium Difficulty]

1A89-0000-0033-4FA9

Left & Right in the Dark [Medium Difficulty]

1D02-0000-0029-9A4D

Of Sound Mind & Mines [Easy Difficulty]

A82D-0000-0029-80A5

Hey Power Master! Play some stages of mine please! I left the id in earlier pages. When you do I'll see you did and play yours :P

Alright! I'll write them down!

Also, sorry for the double posting. I didn't see this until after I posted my other post and I don't know how to add a quote on EDIT. :P If someone can tell me how, that'd be great.

Edited by Power Master

You have to unlock them by playing with the level editor a lot.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805618-super-mario-maker/72471906

Due note that you may have to copy a lot more than just 5 chunks of blocks. I used this method and I unlocked everything in 3 hours.

Ah, alright, thanks! :)

I made the Goomba spawner to hop off one of them for the fire flower.

But I do agree I may have gone a bit overboard lol. You might like my tamer levels like Peach's High heel and Cheep cheep creek.

Oh! So that's how you get it. lol And okay, I'm glad I didn't hurt your feelings or anything... xP

I finished another new level, this time for Gold Mario fans! I present to you...Gold Rush!

C634-0000-0038-E268

Difficulty is moderate, I'd say. Not really easy, but not really hard. Find several Gold Mario mushrooms, lots and lots of coins, and enemies to get past and use to find more coins! Grab all the coins you can!

Edited by Anacybele

6678-0000-0037-E015

Marth's Adventure. Difficulty is lower then the nightmares of JoP:FQ, and is in general low. See if you can get the nods to FE1 chapter 1! (or my attempts to.)

I was feeling particularly cruel today, so I made quite a difficult stage today, well perhaps is not difficult, but certaintly annoying:

3203-0000-003A-3928

Let's see if anyone here can complete this stage without taking any damage.

I personally think it's impossible, but who knows? Maybe someone here can do it.

In the meantime, I gonna give the stages you guys made a go.

And Ana, your pipe stage was based on Super Mario Bros Z right? Did you know that they're making a Reboot of the of series?

Edited by Water Mage

I deleted Undewater Woes and uploaded "Luigi Wins By Doing Nothing": 4192-0000-003A-29DD

This is a level literally designed to help out 100 Mario Challengers (and hopefully let them see what Toad says to Luigi if that's the 8th level on the Easy 100 Mario Challenge they get) by giving them three extra lives and a free pass to the next level if it wasn't the 8th level they got, since even some Easy 100 Mario levels are surprisingly unfair. That, and I was really frustrated that people actually waited out the timer in my "This better have a 100& Clear Rate" just to spite me and ruin my attempt at making a level with a guaranteed 100% Clear Rate. This time though, they're trapped into winning the level, and I've even implemented measures to combat people who try to wait out the 500 second timer or glitch their way through walls.

I also uploaded a better version of "Don't Ditch Yoshi": 68CF-0000-003A-CC20

In the previous version, people got stuck at the part where you need to crouch slide/jump lots and where you'd be tempted to ditch Yoshi, shrink yourself on the spikey ball, and progress further. I changed it so that part is removed and I've added even more Yoshi mandatory puzzles/parts (I also maxed out my block and coin limits in that level).

Edited by Randoman