Drafting Tournaments Explained: Redux

SB.

The Only New Bit

The original thread, which was maintained for 4 years or something by Integrity, can be found here. 90% of this op is stolen from him. Any draft made before this thread won't be kept in the records, because nobody is gonna report a random FE10 Hard Mode draft from 2011. Because he's busy and understandably doesn't want to try and catch up on a forever's worth of drafts, I'm remaking this and moving everything to Google docs to start fresh and avoid clutter.

The doc can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wiz5KTbQw79Go8Gi7uxGQhMCC2UJTRwOvwaNqXbeicA/edit#gid=522177278].

It's not exactly complete yet, but it'll get there and I'll add more pages as I need to. The only other things that have been changed have been the rulesets, to update them to what I think is the standard? For a lot of them I'm just listening to Horace because he knows them better than I do. The rest is unchanged, because why fix what isn't broken?

Also: I know the formatting in this post is fucked but I feel as though attempting to fix it is more likely to just break something else with how SF is right now. Remove subtitles from spoilers if you want to use them.

Drafting: What?

The simple, one-line, tl;dr explanation for a draft tourney is thus: A pool of characters is established, several people enter and take turns picking characters, then play through the game with only those characters. There's a wee bit more to it, obviously, but that's the basics.

With the advent of several new types of draft flying out of the woodwork, I'm going to take an aside nice and up here to define a couple things.

In a Standard draft, each person drafts his own team in order. This is typical. EX: I draft my team, Soul drafts his team, Donna drafts her team, and Furetchen drafts his team.
In a SOYO (screw over your opponent) draft, each person drafts somebody ELSE'S team. Fair warning to hosts: don't set players in a SOYO draft to draft for each other or politicking will ensue. GOOD EX: I draft Soul's team, Soul drafts Donna's team, Donna drafts Furetchen's team, and Furetchen drafts my team. BAD EX: I draft Furetchen's team, Soul drafts Donna's team, Donna drafts Soul's team, and Furetchen drafts my team.
In a Knickerbocker draft, each player nominates somebody else from outside the draft to draft for them. EX: Tangerine drafts my team, Spectakitty drafts Soul's team, Obviam drafts Donna's team, and Lumi drafts Furetchen's team.

The Prelude

Let's say my Spanish love, Donna, creates an FE8 draft thread. As the thread creator, several responsibilities are bestowed upon Donna. Primarily, she's supposed to keep the OP updated as the draft progresses before the actual playing starts. Anyway, Donna understands her responsibilities and creates the thread anyway. Donna declares that the pool of characters be split among 4 players, and the game be played on Hard mode. So our intrepid forumites - myself and my good friends Furetchen and Soul - all waltz over into the thread and declare ourselves committed. Everybody's in, and Donna randomizes the drafting order...

Obviously, we're not all Donna. Some of us are Furetchen and Soul, for instance! As a contender, you do have responsibilities too. Also remember, dear Donna, that the thread creator is also a contender and shares those responsibilities. Honestly, these aren't nearly as many as the thread creator's - but the first, and very most important of all - is to be sure that you can finish the draft. As a mediocre player myself, I've only lost two drafts ever. Why? Because nobody else ever finished. So ask yourself: do I have the time and attention span to play this all the way through in a reasonable timeframe?

The Process

Donna's results are me, Soul, herself, Furetchen in that order. As I am myself and therefore not a smart man, I draft Neimi*. Furetchen, far down the line, shakes his fist in mute rage, as I have taken his favorite character out of the pool. Play passes to Soul, who drafts Syrene because he's kooky. Donna then drafts Kyle, and play moves to Furetchen. Furetchen, being at the end of the line, gets to draft twice and picks Franz and Vanessa - then play rolls back to Donna, then Soul, then me twice, then Soul. And around and around it goes until the characters are all gone - or until the teams are equal and there aren't enough characters to make another pass. To remember the order, simply count the number of contestants, say the last number twice, and go back around.

1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3 ...

Obviously, you don't want to hold up the draft. If you're pretty sure you're going to be sleeping or at school or at work when your turn comes up, and you won't be back for a while, you're allowed to implement a contingency plan. This involves - generally - sending a PM to another user with a list of picks. Let's go back to this FE8 draft that's going on. We're early in the draft, and we're waiting for Furetchen to get his double-pick done. Donna knows she'll be in bed like a good girl when Furetchen makes his pick and doesn't want Soul to have to wait. So, Donna sends Soul a PM.
"Hey Soul, bestest buddy old pal, if I'm not around when you're ready to go could you draft Forde for me? If Furetchen takes him then give me Ross, then Duessel. Thanks!
--Donna~"

Generally speaking, I like to send the PM to the person drafting immediately after me. The reasons are many; the person can't shift his picks (soul: ooh, forde's a good idea. yoink!) to block me, and he's the person who would be stuck waiting anyway were I not around. Then, to the example, if Soul shows up before Donna does, he can say "Donna took Forde, and I want Lute." It's generally considered polite to leave a notice in the thread stating you might miss this pick and your second is X, additionally. Finally, I find it's best to, when implementing this plan, have a hierarchy of one plus however many drafters are coming before you. So if you're waiting for two people to draft, have three characters lined up for your second. If you're waiting for the double-pick and two more ...well, at a certain point there's no reason to have a second. This is really only for if you're almost up for picking and won't be ready. Rule of thumb: if there are more than two people between the current status and you, it's not worth it.

* - for God's sake, if you're drafting FE8 don't take Neimi first.

The Pr...uh, Gameplay

Now we move to the gameplay itself. Things lose a lot of structure here; in the previous section, Soul could do absolutely nothing except twiddle his thumbs while he waited his turn. Now he can blaze out with all speed and rush into the game. As the tourney itself loses structure, so too does the expectations. Ostensibly, drafts are about getting the lowest turn count out of the contenders. Honestly, though, it doesn't matter in my experience. You are, however, expected to make semi-regular status updates. This is where the variation comes into play; some people like to leave updates until they've finished several chapters, some people like myself update every chapter's turncount and basic strategy into the thread as they finish it, some people like to do a complete play-by-play, and some ridiculous people named Balcerzak just record the experience and post it to Youtube. For the actual gameplay, you're only allowed to use the characters you drafted, and you take turn penalties if anybody else does something disallowed.

The Variables

Obviously, since Donna has control over her draft, she can impose rules. These can be as ludicrous and far-fetched as she wants, but I'll provide a few common examples here:
* Common Characters: Most, if not all, drafts have a few characters who cannot be drafted because anybody is allowed to use them. This is almost always the main Lord but can often be extended to a game-changer like good old Marcus.
* Prohibited Characters: The corresponding rule to the above. Some characters so thoroughly alter their game that they're not only out of the draft, use of them is prevented. I, personally, have only seen this extended to Seth but who knows?
* And Many More!

Undraftees, too, have different penalties depending on the draft. Generally, use of an undrafted unit (while forced, you shouldn't deploy undrafted units except to recruit) takes its toll in the form of a turn penalty. Since you're going for the lowest turncount in the draft, this is bad. Pay attention to what the OP says undrafted units can and cannot do without taking penalties.
* Meatshielding: This one has a bullet because it's HIGHLY variable and difficult to predict from tourney to tourney. PAY ATTENTION TO WHETHER OR NOT YOU'RE ALLOWED TO MEATSHIELD! If you aren't, you take turn penalties any time an undrafted unit sees any combat, regardless of the outcome.

I said to pay attention to the rules if you're signing up for a draft, but I seem to have forgotten the next most important thing. As the OP: state the rules clearly. If there are common units, make sure that everybody knows exactly who they are and when they're allowed. Keeping a clean post, while optional, is recommendable - but the priority is still to update it, regardless of quality. Spoilered at the bottom is a Generic Ruleset. The Generic Ruleset merely presumes a basic set of rules for the lazy or unmotivated. You may say "using generic rules except X" because they are not all-covering.

Drafting II: The Process Again

Since this is a bit of a hangup, I'm providing a spoilered section with a sample draft and how it goes. Besides that, my job here is done. I'll modify it later as new ideas come to mind. And, though it be egotistical to say, maybe this ought be stickied?

[spoiler=a sample fe8 draft]

Contenders are Integrity, Soul, Donna, Furetchen. Each gets five characters.
Integrity: Neimi
Soul: Syrene
Donna: Kyle
Furetchen: Franz, Vanessa

Donna: Kyle, Forde
Soul: Syrene, Lute
Integrity: Neimi, Marisa, Natasha

Soul: Syrene, Lute, Ross
Donna: Kyle, Forde, Duessel
Furetchen: Franz, Vanessa, Innes, Gerik

Donna: Kyle, Forde, Duessel, Cormag
Soul: Syrene, Lute, Ross, Gilliam
Integrity: Neimi, Marisa, Natasha, L'Arachel, Tethys *DONE*

Soul: Syrene, Lute, Ross, Gilliam, Moulder *DONE*
Donna: Kyle, Forde, Duessel, Cormag, Rennac *DONE*
Furetchen: Franz, Vanessa, Innes, Gerik, Colm *DONE*

----------

Generic Rulesets and Recruitment Lists

Prospectively hosting a draft? You could fight with Red Fox for a while about your special rules for units that you forgot to clarify, or you could just copy one of these lists! DO FEEL FREE to modify them if you use them. Experimentation is encouraged! And people, don't go copying that freakin' tier list like everybody seems to - that's just irritating. No, you want your lists laid out orderly, don't you? Yes, of course you do. And you're lazy? Yes, of course you are. Fear not! The relevant recruitment lists are included.

All lists are laid out in recruitment order, with all necessary omissions (free units) ...omitted.
FE4 is a special case: mothers will be listed first, followed by fathers.
Any game with a route split involving different character lists (FE5, 6) will have the A characters until the merge, then the B characters until the merge.
FE7 assumes skipping Lyn Mode for the order.
FE8's list will assume Eirika route for the order.

[spoiler=FE4, aka the one i don't really know]

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 4 players.
2. Sigurd, Deirdre, Celice, Ardan, Oifaye and Julia are free for all to use.
3. When any mothers are drafted, their children come with them. Example: Drafting Ayra gives you Ayra, Lakche and Skasaher.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may only: Recruit characters, participate in Talk conversations and special events that do not require the participants to be lovers.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, giving Charisma bonuses, using the Give command, or participating in Lover/Sibling criticals.
3. Other and Neutral units may do as they please without penalty.
4. Arena use is allowed and encouraged.

Penalties:
1. Non-holy weapon users (Noish, Ayra etc.) have a 3 turn penalty per unit per castle.
2. Holy weapon users (Levin, Shanan etc.) and Dancers have a 7 turn penalty per unit per castle. Example: Using Noish (if undrafted) en route to Jungby results in a 3 turn penalty. Once Sigurd seizes Jungby, you take another 3 turn penalty if you use Noish while en route to Evans.
3. Using the Give command is a special 12 turn penalty.

Exceptions:
1. Generation 1 units may lose a bout in the Arena and then die to an enemy while unequipped to prevent them getting married. The enemy must have no other friendly units in his attack range and must finish the character in a single round.
2. Briggid, Claude and Tiltyu are free to use in Chapter 3.
3. Dew may lower the bridge in Chapter 4 if undrafted. He may not perform any other disallowed actions without penalty.
4. Leaf, Fin and Janne are free to use in Chapter 7.
5. Shanan is free to use in Chapter 7 until Yied is seized.

Teams:
(names go here)

[spoiler=units remaining]

(Ethlin, Leaf, Altenna)
(Aideen, Lana, Lester)
(Ayra, Lakche, Skasaher)
(Lachesis, Delmud, Nanna)
(Sylvia, Leen, Corple)
(Fury, Fee, Sety)
(Tiltyu, Arthur, Tinny)
(Briggid, Patty, Faval)

Noish
Alec
Ardan
Azel
Lex
Cuan
Fin
Midir
Dew
Jamka
Holyn
Levin
Beowulf
Claude

Mana
Radney
Rodolban
Tristan
Dimna
Femina
Amid
Johan
Johalva
Shanan
Daisy
Janne
Ares
Laylea
Linda
Asaello
Hawk
Hannibal
Sharlow

[spoiler=FE5, aka the one where you save state]

Drafting:
2. Leaf, Evayle and Sety/Cyas are free for all to use.
3. The game will be played on Elite Mode.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters; rescue undrafted units and NPCs; trade; visit Shops, Armories and Storage houses; and Escape.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to: Meatshielding and Capturing or getting Captured (aside from being left behind).

3. The Warp staff cannot be used on Leaf or any unit holding Leaf. If a unit is warped or uses rewarp (or rescued by one of the above), they may not use the rescue staff on Leaf or any unit holding Leaf.

4. All Gaiden chapters except Chapters 8x and 24x are required to be visited, and do not count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken per chapter.
5. NPCs may do as they please without penalty.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted characters have a 4 turn penalty per unit per chapter.
2. Skipping a Gaiden chapter not listed above results in a 20 turn penalty.

Exceptions:
1. Two undrafted units are free for the Manster escape (Chapters 4 - 7).
2. Dagda and Tanya are free for Chapter 8x.
3. Glade and his knights are free for Chapter 13.
4. Undrafted Thieves may be used to obtain necessary Master Proofs.

Teams:
(names go here)

Fin
Othin
Havan
Dagda
Tanya
Marty
Ronan
Safy
Lifis
Makua
Brighton
Lara
Fergus
Karin
Dalshin
Asvel
Nanna
Hicks
Shiva
Carrion
Selphina
Kein
Alba
Robert
Fred
Olwen
Mareeta
Salem
Pahn
Trewd
Tina
Glade
Dean
Eda
Homeros
Linoan
Ralph
Eyrios
Sleuf
Misha
Sara
Shanam
Miranda
Xavier
Amalda
Conomore
Delmud
Galzus

[spoiler=FE6, aka the one that definitely isnt FE1]

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 5 players.
2. Roy, Marcus, Merlinus, Lalam/Elphin, and Fa are free for all to use.
3. Three units will remain undrafted.
4. The game will be played on Normal Mode.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories, and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, and opening Doors or Chests.
3. Use of the Warp staff is banned.
4. All Gaiden chapters are required to be visited. Chapter 20x (either route) does not count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken.
5. NPCs may do as they please without penalty.
6. The game must be played out to the True Ending.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty per unit, per chapter.

Exceptions:
1. Undrafted Thieves may be used to obtain necessary Promotion items.

Teams:
(names go here)

Alan
Lance
Wolt
Bors
Ellen
Dieck
Ward
Lot
Thany
Chad
Lugh
Clarine
Rutger
Saul
Dorothy
Sue
Zealot
Treck
Noah
Astohl
Lilina
Wendy
Barth
Oujay
Fir
Shin
Gonzales
Geese
Klein
Tate
Echidna
Bartre
Ray
Cath
Miredy
Percival
Cecilia
Sophia
Igrene
Garret
Hugh
Zeis
Douglas
Niime
Juno
Dayan
Yodel
Karel

[spoiler=FE7, aka the one with 6 modes]Note to hosts: remember to edit the Units Remaining list for whichever difficulty you pick.
[spoiler=nested for eliwood mode][spoiler=copy this for normal mode]Drafting:
2. Eliwood, Marcus, Merlinus, Ninian/Nils, and Athos are free for all to use.
3. Geitz and Wallace are drafted as a pair.
4. Marcus is banned after Chapter 15.
5. The game will be played on Eliwood Normal Mode(, skipping Lyn Mode).

[spoiler=copy this for hard mode]Drafting:
2. Eliwood, Marcus, Merlinus, Ninian/Nils, and Athos are free for all to use.
3. Geitz and Wallace are drafted as a pair.
4. The game will be played on Eliwood Hard Mode(, skipping Lyn Mode).

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories, and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors or Chests, and talking to Fargus in Chapter 16x.
3. All Gaiden Chapters except 22x and 26x are required to be visited. 22x and 26x may be visited at the player's discretion, and don't count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken per chapter.
4. Other units may do as they please without penalty.
5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

Exceptions:
1. Meatshielding is allowed for Chapter 13x.
2. Lyn, Kent, Sain and Wil are free for Chapter 15.
3. Undrafted Thieves may be used to obtain necessary Promotion items.

Teams:
(names go here)

Lowen
Rebecca
Dorcas
Bartre
Hector
Matthew
Serra
Oswin
Guy
Erk
Priscilla
Florina
Lyn
Sain
Kent
Wil
Raven
Lucius
Canas
Dart
Fiora
Legault
Isadora
Heath
Rath
Hawkeye
Geitz/Wallace
Pent
Louise
Karel
Harken
Nino
Jaffar
Vaida
Renault

[spoiler=nested for hector mode][spoiler=copy this for normal mode]

Drafting:
2. Hector, Marcus, Merlinus, Ninian/Nils, and Athos are free for all to use.
3. Bartre and Karla are drafted as a pair.
4. Geitz and Wallace will remain undrafted.
5. Marcus is banned after Chapter 16.
6. The game will be played on Hector Normal Mode, skipping Lyn Mode.

[spoiler=copy this for hard mode]

Drafting:
2. Hector, Marcus, Merlinus, Ninian/Nils, and Athos are free for all to use.
3. Bartre and Karla are drafted as a pair.
4. Geitz and Wallace will remain undrafted.
5. The game will be played on Hector Hard Mode, skipping Lyn Mode.

Rules:
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors or Chests, talking to Fargus in Chapter 17x, or Seizing Castles in Chapter 25.
3. All Gaiden Chapters except 19xx, 23x and 28x are required to be visited. 23x and 28x may be visited at the player's discretion, and don't count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken per chapter.
4. Other units may do as they please without penalty.
5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

Penalties:

Exceptions:
1. Matthew is free for Chapter 11.
2. Meatshielding is allowed for Chapter 13x.
3. Lyn, Kent, Sain and Wil are free for Chapter 16.
4. Undrafted Thieves may be used to obtain necessary Promotion items.

Teams:
(names go here)

Matthew
Serra
Oswin
Eliwood
Lowen
Rebecca
Dorcas
Bartre/Karla
Guy
Erk
Priscilla
Florina
Lyn
Sain
Kent
Wil
Raven
Lucius
Canas
Dart
Fiora
Legault
Isadora
Heath
Rath
Hawkeye
Farina
Pent
Louise
Karel
Harken
Nino
Jaffar
Vaida
Renault

[spoiler=FE8, aka the one living in fear of seth]

Drafting:
2. Eirika/Ephraim, Orson, Tethys, and Myrrh are free for all to use.
3. Seth is banned from all use.
4. The game will be played on Hard Mode.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, and opening Doors or Chests.
3. Map shopping is allowed.
4. Skirmishes/use of the Tower or Ruins is disallowed. Skirmishes that are blocking your path may be activated and immediately fled from.

6. Amelia and Ewan may be brought to level 10 of their Tier 0 class in Tower. All items gained from this must be tossed.

7: burning an rn to complete the prologue in 2 turns brings shame on me and on your entire family

Penalties:
2. Seth has a special 8 turn penalty per chapter.

Teams:
(names go here)

Franz
Gilliam
Vanessa
Moulder
Ross
Garcia
Neimi
Colm
Artur
Lute
Natasha
Joshua
Forde
Kyle
Tana
Amelia
Innes
Gerik
Marisa
L'Arachel
Dozla
Saleh
Ewan
Cormag
Rennac
Duessel
Knoll
Syrene

[spoiler=FE9, aka the one that runs in slow motion]

Drafting:
2. Ike, Titania, and one of Tibarn, Naesala or Giffca are free for all to use.
3. Nasir and Ena will be drafted as a pair.
4. The game will be played on Fixed Hard Mode.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, Rescue and Shove/Smite undrafted characters and NPCs, trade, Escape, and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors and Chests, and Arriving.
3. There are limits to how much BEXP may be used, and this is explained in detail below.
4. Partner and Other units may do as they please without penalty.
6. Chapter 27, Part 2 is not counted for final turncounts.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter (Chapter 17 counts as 4 chapters).

Exceptions:
1. Reyson and Janaff/Ulki may be used to obtain the Knight Ring if undrafted. They may not perform any other disallowed actions without penalty.

BEXP Limits:
1. Use the table below to determine how much BEXP you're allowed to give your units when you're first able to give them BEXP. Characters are listed as either a level (such as 10/--) or an amount (such as 2.xx). You may use BEXP to get them to the level shown or give them the amount shown (Example: 2.xx would mean you're allowed to cap off their current level, then give them 2 more levels).
2. At the beginning of each chapter, you may give your units 50 EXP worth of BEXP.
3. Once you reach Endgame, you may distribute BEXP freely to whomever you wish.
4. Titania may not be given BEXP until Endgame.
[spoiler=Table of BEXP limits]

Ike: +0.xx
Boyd: +0.xx
Oscar: +0.xx
Rhys: +4.xx
Soren: +3.xx
Mia: +3.xx
Ilyana: +3.xx
Rolf: +7.xx
Mist: +6.xx
Marcia: +2.xx
Lethe: +0.00
Mordecai: +0.00
Volke: 12/--
Kieran: 13/--
Brom: 12/--
Nephenee: 10/--
Zihark: +1.xx
Sothe: 09/--
Jill: +2.xx
Astrid: +5.xx
Gatrie: +2.xx
Makalov: +3.xx
Stefan: +0.00
Tormod: 14/--
Muarim: +0.00
Devdan: +1.xx
Tanith: +0.00
Reyson: +0.00
Janaff: --/10
Ulki: --/10
Shinon: +6.xx
Calill: --/08
Tauroneo: +1.xx
Ranulf: --/12
Haar: +1.xx
Lucia: +3.xx
Bastian: +3.xx
Geoffrey: --/13
Largo: --/10
Elincia: --/07
Ena: --/15

Teams:
(names go here)

Oscar
Boyd
Rhys
Gatrie
Shinon
Soren
Mia
Ilyana
Mist
Rolf
Marcia
Lethe
Mordecai
Volke
Kieran
Brom
Nephenee
Zihark
Sothe
Jill
Astrid
Makalov
Stefan
Tormod
Muarim
Devdan
Tanith
Reyson
Janaff
Ulki
Calill
Tauroneo
Haar
Ranulf
Bastian
Lucia
Geoffrey
Largo
Elincia
Ena/Nasir

[spoiler=FE10, aka the one with 100 free units]Drafting:
1. This draft is for 7 players.
2. Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Geoffrey, the Herons, the Black Knight, and Lehran are free for all to use.
3. The drafting order is reversed for the last round of picks.
4. Haar is banned from drafting.
5. The game will be played on Normal Mode.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, Rescue and Shove/Smite undrafted characters and NPCs, trade, Escape/Arrive, and transfer items/skills between teams.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors and Chests, finding hidden items, and giving Blood Tide/Night Tide/White Pool bonuses.
3. Allied and Other units may do as they please without penalty.
4. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter (1-6 counts as 2 chapters, and 4-E counts as 5 chapters).

Exceptions:
1. One of Edward or Nolan is free for each of 1-P, 1-1 and 1-2.
2. Volug is free for 1-5.
3. Elincia, Marcia and Nealuchi are free for 2-P
4. Nephenee and Brom are free for 2-1.
5. One undrafted, non-Lucia unit is free for 2-2.
6. One undrafted, 7 move unit is free for 3-1.
7. One undrafted, 6 move unit is free for 3-3.

Teams:
(names go here)

[spoiler=units remaining]Edward
Leonardo
Nolan
Laura
Ilyana
Aran
Meg
Volug
Jill
Zihark
Tauroneo
Fiona
Tormod
Muarim
Vika
Nailah

Elincia
Marcia
Nealuchi
Brom
Nephenee
Heather
Lucia
Mordecai
Lethe
Kieran
Astrid
Makalov
Danved
Calill

Titania
Soren
Mist
Rolf
Boyd
Oscar
Shinon
Gatrie
Rhys
Mia
Ranulf
Kyza
Lyre
Janaff
Ulki
Sigrun
Tanith

Skrimir
Naesala
Sanaki
Tibarn
Pelleas
Stefan
Oliver
Bastian
Volke
Caineghis
Giffca
Kurthnaga
Ena
Renning
Nasir
Gareth

[spoiler=FE11, aka the one with the 133 turn clear]Drafting:
2. Marth, Jagen and Nagi/Gotoh are free for all to use.
3. The game will be played on (difficulty).

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, visit houses, trade, meatshield, and shop.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to opening chests/doors.
3. Gaiden (and prologue, if NM) chapters do not count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken.
4. You are free to reclass undrafted units to whatever you want.
5. Marth may not Seize the throne in Chapter 19 before Turn 5.

Other:
1. Both the Wi-Fi Shop, and usage of the Warp staff are strictly prohibited.
2. You may not use loaner units.

3. Usage of the Forge is banned / capped at X.

Penalties:

Teams:
(names go here)

[spoiler=units remaining]Frey (NM only!)
Norne (NM only!)
Cain
Abel
Caeda
Gordin
Draug
Wrys
Ogma
Bord
Cord
Barst
Castor
Darros
Julian
Lena
Navarre
Merric
Matthis
Hardin
Sedgar
Wolf
Roshea
Vyland
Wendell
Rickard
Athena
Bantu
Caesar
Radd
Roger
Jeorge
Maria
Minerva
Linde
Jake
Midia
Dolph
Macellan
Tomas
Boah
Horace
Beck
Astram
Palla
Catria
Arran
Samson
Xane
Etzel
Est
Tiki
Lorenz
Ymir
Elice

[spoiler=optional generics list]
Unil/Zas
Dua/Ida
Trim/Ossa
Quatro/Aenos
Penvo/Athos
Xestu/Kerkis
Hepto/Foloi
Octu/Giona
Naunu/Kalon
Dexa/Divri
Hendexa/Voras
Duadexa/Movri
Wymp/Dirfys
Owend/Delos
Laim/Verno
Auffle/Chasia
Lucer/Gramos
Rejek/Ithome
Wieklin/Lyrkia
Wladis/Lakomos
Jeffers/Orthrys
Augustus/Parnon
Jiminez/Pelion
Antony/Pindus
Pinkley/Skarfa
Aurelius/Kofinas
Vladek/Kythnas
Julius/Merenta
Lever/Cynthus
Justinian/Kypariss
Sawyer/Cholomon

[spoiler=FE12, aka the one i wanted to "accidentally" delete]Drafting:
1. This draft is for 5 players
2. Marth, Arran, Xane, Feena, and Rickard are free for all. Avatar is free for all, but may not use a mounted or flying class.
3. The game will be played on Hard 1.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, visit houses, trade, and shop.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to opening chests/doors and activating Supports.
3. All characters are free for Prologue chapters. Prologue chapters count towards your total turncount.
4. You are free to reclass undrafted units to whatever you want.
5. All Sidequest chapters must be visited and count towards your total turncount.
6. The game must be played out to the True Ending. I'm sorry.

Other:
1. Forging, the Rainbow Potion, Lunatic Statboosters, Clock Bonus and use of Wi-fi features are strictly prohibited.
2. Male Class Set Combination is allowed.
3. Warp may not be used on Marth. Rescue may not be used on Marth by a unit who has been Warped or rescued earlier in the chapter. Hammerne may not be used on Rescue or Warp.
4. Use of the Drill Grounds is allowed.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4-turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

Exceptions:
1. Palla is free for Chapter 3.
2. Yubello, Yumina, Ogma and Sirius are free for Chapter 4.
3. Navarre is free for Chapter 7.
4. Merric is free for Chapter 10.
5. Nyna, Maria, Lena and Elice are free for Final.

Teams:
(names go here.)

[spoiler=Units Remaining]Luke
Rody
Cecille
Gordin
Ryan
Draug
Malicia
Catria
Warren
Cord
Linde
Palla
Bord
Julian
Matthis
Wrys
Ogma
Yumina
Yubello
Sirius
Castor
Caeda
Barst
Frey
Norne
Samto
Wendell
Caesar
Radd
Navarre
Cain
Bantu
Roger
Jeorge
Minerva
Etzel
Merric
Elrean
Dice
Maris
Horace
Jake
Darros
Robert
Belf
Leiden
Beck
Athena
Tiki
Est
Dolph
Abel
Macellan
Astram
Katarina
Tomas
Sheema
Samson
Frost
Roshea
Vyland
Sedgar
Wolf
Midia
Ymir
Michalis
Nagi

[spoiler=FE13, aka the one with(out) galeforce]Drafting:
2. Chrom, Avatar, Frederick, Olivia and Lucina are free for all to use.
3. The game will be played on Hard Mode Classic.
4. The last round of drafting is reversed.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may: pair up with undrafted units and trade with undrafted/drafted units (but must not be in range of a drafted unit when battling)
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to: pairing up with drafted units, meatshielding, healing and supporting with drafted units.
3. NPC units may do as they please without penalty.
4. Paralogues are optional and are free up to 10 turns.
5. Challenge battles are banned. You may have undrafted units clear a challenge battle to shop, though any items obtained must be discarded/cannot be used or sold.
6. Map shopping is allowed, excluding items sold from Anna Merchant shops.
7. Mothers are drafted with their children, but are drafted at the same time as the rest of the units.
8. Use of items obtained from event tiles, the barracks and renown items are banned.
9. Use of DLC and Spotpass (including Free Content) is strictly prohibited.
10. Forging is allowed.

Extra:
1. A unit that activates Galeforce may not move. Taking another action with Galeforce other than using a healing item is worth a penalty of 10 turns.
2. Avatar may take on any unmounted class.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units performing any disallowed action is worth a penalty of 4 turns,
2. Undrafted units pairing up with drafted units is worth a penalty of 20 turns instead.

Exceptions:
1. Ricken and Maribelle are free to be attacked without countering in Ch.5.
2. Nowi and Gregor are free for Ch.8.

Teams:
(names go here)

[spoiler=units remaining]Lissa+Owain
Sully+Kjelle
Virion
Stahl
Vaike
Miriel+Laurent
Sumia+Cynthia
Kellam
Donnel
Lon'qu
Ricken
Maribelle+Brady
Panne+Yarne
Gaius
Cordelia+Severa
Gregor
Nowi+Nah
Libra
Tharja+Noire
Anna
Inigo
Cherche+Gerome
Henry
Morgan
Say'ri
Tiki
Basilio
Flavia

Edited by SB.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it can't hurt to submit the units too, despite not having started the draft

FE7 HNM

Lopey*: Lyn, Canas, Priscilla, Oswin, Legault, Bartre + Karla, Rebecca

Jedi: Sain, Lucius, Eliwood, Farina, Isadora, Hawkeye, Louise

Gradivus.: Lowen, Erk, Rath, Dart, Guy, Renault, Jaffar

Topazd: Kent, Fiora, Pent, Raven, Dorcas, Vaida, Wallace

Sniper Knight: Florina, Heath, Serra, Matthew, Wil, Harken, Nino

I finished in 152 turns and Topazd in 159 turns.

Edited by Gradivus.

[FE8] Draft

Nobody - Vanessa, Forde, Lute, Colm, Natasha, Knoll, Syrene - 108 turns

Topazd - Franz, Moulder, Ross, Gerik, Innes, Ewan, L'Arachel - 126 turns

Skellow - Tana, Garcia, Saleh, Gilliam, Amelia, Dozla, Rennac - 126 turns

Gradivus. - Kyle, Artur, Joshua, Neimi, Cormag, Duessel, Marisa - 120 turns

Edited by Gradivus.

FE5 Draft - I want an excuse to play Thracia again

1. Baldrick: Karin, Fergus, Lifis, Carrion, Sleuf, Glade, Linoan, Robert, Mareeta, Ronan, Galzus, Shanam

2. Jedi*: Fin, Asvel, Nanna, Pahn, Fred, Olwen, Hicks, Shiva, Selphina, Ralph, Delmud, Conomore

3. General Horace: Lara, Dagda, Othin, Makua, Eda, Sara, Tina, Alba, Homeros, Tanya, Misha, Miranda - 159 turns

4. Nintales: Safy, Brighton, Salem, Dean, Havan, Marty, Kein, Eyrios, Amalda, Dalshin, Xavier, Trewd

I already updated the google doc myself, but after playing through the game again Fred should be free in chapter 11x and Mareeta should be free in chapter 12 since they're both pretty impossible to keep out of combat without Safy/Karin, so I think they should be added to the standard ruleset. I think there are other balance issues with Thracia drafting, but I don't really know a good solution for it, Karin is really OP and Lara is probably just as good.

157 turns for the same draft.

Karin is definitely stronger than Lara as a pick, but if the player with Lara also gets one of the dragons (Misha sux) the other two have no way to compete.

IMO make Lara free, since most games have free dancers anyway. Karin could possibly get the Marcus treatment, free for Manster, banned thereafter.

Edited by Dylan Thomas

Did [FE6] Typical Draft #53197 in 159 turns.

Blaze the Great: Lance, Zeiss, Lugh, Oujay, Klein, Echidna, Shin, Garret, Barth + Wendy, Geese, Cath

Gradivus.: Shanna, Treck, Percival, Astol, Niime, Yuno, Igrene, Douglas, Yodel + Wendy, Geese, Cath

zhaoyunfan: Alan, Noah, Lott, Ellen, Cecilia, Sue, Gonzales, Dayan, Sophia + Wendy, Geese, Cath

Ozarhok: Miledy, Zealot, Rutger, Saul, Ward, Lilina, Bartre, Dorothy, Hugh + Wendy, Geese, Cath

MJThom_2009: Tate, Dieck, Clarine, Chad, Wolt, Ray, Bors, Fir, Karel + Wendy, Geese, Cath

Edited by Gradivus.

[FE11] Shadow Dragon H5 Draft

Skellow: Abel, Draug, Sedgar, Merric, Athena, Horace, Roshea, Etzel, Trim/Ossa, Elice, Julius/Merenta, Aurelius/Kofinas, Vladek/Kyfnos, Hendexa/Voras + Jake - 169 turns

KP 2010: Cain, Bord, Cord, Darros, Julian, Lena, Catria, Linde, Maria, Penvo/Athos, Hepto/Foloi, Wieklin/Lyrkia, Dua/Ida, Dexa/Divri, Lucer/Gramos + Jake

*Gradivus.: Hardin, Wolf, Castor, Navarre, Roger, Matthis, Vyland, Boah, Ymir, Auffle/Chasia, Lorenz, Duadexa/Movri, Unil/Zas, Naunu/Kalon, Owend/Delos + Jake - 160 turns

momogeek2141: Ogma, Barst, Gordin, Wendell, Minerva, Palla, Midia, Tiki, Astram, Arran, Xestu/Kerkis, Wymp/Dirfys, Quatro/Aenos, Octu/Giona, Laim/Verno + Jake

Edited by Gradivus.

FE13 "Not a Battle" Draft in 66 Turns.

My team was:

Miriel + Laurent, Lon'qu, Panne + Yarne, Anna, Say'ri, Tiki, Inigo

Inigo never existed because lol marrying Olivia to anyone besides Chrom in efficiency runs.

I thought that I needed Falcon Knight!Say'ri to 1-turn Chapter 21, but she was neither at a high enough level to use a Second Seal, nor was she actually needed for the 1-turn clear after all.

Tiki was pretty much filler. Everyone else saved turns at some point.

EDIT:

FE8 Experimental Picking Order Draft in 117 Turns.

Team was:

Gilliam, Artur, Cormag, Natasha, Joshua, Dozla, Syrene

Being 4th pick still sucks.

Edited by Carmine Sword

[FE7] Ultra Sadistic ENM Draft: The Second

Elieson: Bartre, Nino

SRC: Oswin, Jaffar

Jedi: Erk, Karel

Zasplach: Hector, Harken

Lopey: Rebecca, Wallace

Icemario: Lyn, Hawkeye

ZM: Dorcas, Louise

eclipse: Serra, Legault

Skellow: Canas, Guy

Quintessence: Lucius, Dart

Refa: Matthew, Raven

Gradivus.: Pent, Wil

Finished in 180 turns.

Also the teams in [FE8] Experimental picking order draft although I haven't finished yet

Gradivus.: Vanessa, Ross, Moulder, Amelia, Knoll, Rennac

Jedi: Franz, Lute, Kyle, Colm, Neimi, Duessel

General Horace: Garcia, Tana, Saleh, Forde, Gerik, Innes, L'Arachel, Ewan

Carmine Sword: Gilliam, Artur, Cormag, Natasha, Joshua, Dozla, Syrene

Edited by Gradivus.

Is drafting a thing again? Guuuuuuuuuys I have midterms and school now, but you're making me want to sign up for drafts and not finish them draft FE now :'(