Fates DLC Rounds 2 started

Shadow Stalker X

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm liking the past maps as well. I can see 2-E from RD, Ch. 15 from SD, and Paralogue 4 from Awakening. I'm guessing the map for the 5th DLC is from Gaiden, but I haven't played the game, so I don't know where in the game it would be from. Anyone know?

I played it forever ago in high school, and I think its based on the third battle you have in the game.

I'm liking the past maps as well. I can see 2-E from RD, Ch. 15 from SD, and Paralogue 4 from Awakening. I'm guessing the map for the 5th DLC is from Gaiden, but I haven't played the game, so I don't know where in the game it would be from. Anyone know?

I'm not positive, but from what I could read it looks like it's Terror Mountain from Chapter 4.

The first one is the "Vanguard's Trial Map," a protect map featuring Elincia from Radiant Dawn. You can apparently obtain infinite Vanguard Emblems.

The second is a map where you and Anna fight off some theives. You can recruit Anna the first time you play it.

The third roughly translates to "The Gunner's Trial Map" and is a map similar to one in FE1 where there are several enemy Ballistians. You can apparently get infinite "Ballistian's Batteries" which turn your units into Ballistians.

The fourth is free DLC called "Anna's Gift." It can only be played once and instantly gives you a Ballistian's Battery or Witch's Magic.

The fifth is the "Witch's Trial Map" and is a map from FE2 with many enemy witches. You can get infinite "Witch's Magic" items as a reward, which turn units into Witches.

Edited by gayserbeam

VANGUARD CLASS?! OMG YAY. That was Ike's promotion in RD! I hope it looks as badass in Fates as he did there!

Don't get excited. It's his base class in FE10. It's identical to his Amiibo.

People futzed around with RAM hacking, so the model was already found.

Lucina's a Great Lord and Robin's a Grandmaster, but they resemble their base classes (Lord and Tactician respectively).

Seems like two of the enemies in the new map are carrying scrolls that allows a unit to learn the Steel Blade and Veteran's Intuition skills, allowing female units to have access to them. An Aether scroll can be found as well.

screeches where's my credit card

Ballistians and witches for everyone

so excited for all of these to come out ~

edit: just bought season pass rip social life

oh wow, so you can use lots of units for this map.

Here's screenshot of starting if anyone's curious, going to play it now;

dlccc.jpg

Edited by mimasho

Actually, the model is based on Ike's HERO class. Vanguard was his final class.

I know. That was poor wording on my part. I was drawing a blank on Ike's base class name. I know Vanguard is the promoted one.

Sorry for the confusion.

Details // strategies for map;

three bosses, one carries steel blade, another carries veteran's intuition, last one carries aether.

I can't remember which one, but I'm preeetty sure it's the one carrying aether, but it's the toughest boss of them all and it's a general class with vantage.

I had Soleil take care of him (everyone was out of reach) but it took an astra with a hammer, standing next to Oboro who of course activated a crit...

yet still, Foleo ended up tanking a vantage and defeating his last few HP.

Map ends once all three bosses are defeated, bosses will keep getting reinforcements until they are defeated ~

enemies will all swarm towards you;

most of them are fairly weak, around 40-50 HP, watch out for the great merchants with extravagance.

Also, enemies that had 19% hit rate still...ended up hitting my units xD

Dual guard is recommended to put your units at the edge of stairs to tank attacks;

there are a LOT of enemies. Like a lot lol

put a few of your strongest units at the bottom right so you can sneak up on the bosses, there aren't many enemies there so they won't be swarmed.

Most of my units run clone + lifetaker, some just run renewal, it helps a lot.

Also the map ends in 12 turns and you get the vanguard seal afterwards;

however I finished it in seven and still got all the rewards ~

(map also ends when you defeat the bosses)

oh also, you will earn next to no HP for defeating all enemies except the boss (I literally got one HP each time someone was defeated)

so unless you're trying to rack up support convos // weapon ranks, don't bring along anyone you're trying to level lol

(I took Shara and Eponine along and despite being well under the enemy levels, they didn't get much exp either)

Edited by mimasho

That Shadow Dragon-based map looks more like chapter 13 to me. And go figure - the map with Anna winds up being based on the same one where you got her in Awakening. Lemme guess - the bosses of said map are another pair of over-the-top, very Gonky bandits.

Edited by Levant Colthearts