Fates DLC Rounds 2 started

Shadow Stalker X

Also, Anna being on-cart DLC is surprisingly Meta of her.

Well, yes, to be honest. I don't like the concept of on-cart DLC, but the fact its the money-obsessed Anna (at least, as she was in Awakening) who did such sneaky money-making schemes as in

her Anna + Tiki support chain

makes it seem…. oddly fitting.

I don't like the on-cart DLC concept, but the fact that its SPECIFICALLY ANNA, given that her obsession with money is one of her key character traits, also makes me chuckle a bit. It feels almost as if Anna herself would be behind a scheme like this, trying to get every yen/cent out of us that she can. Its a poor business practice, yet for Anna it feels so oddly "fitting" to her very character.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least, it seems like Ballistician/Shooter and Witch aren't technically on cart DLC, even if their availability is limited to one out of those two in the free chapter. I kind of expected the other way around - Anna would be the free DLC and those classes would need to be bought, but I guess this way makes more sense. They technically offer the class for free, but can still get people to buy their paid DLC chapters for free availability of the classes.

Edited by NeonZ

There are three bosses, one carries aether, one carries steel blade, and one carries veteran's intuition.

You have to defeat them all in 12 or less turns to get the skills, I believe you can play the map as many times as you want...

so you have unlimited chances to put aether on a unit.

edit: to get Aether, you have to defeat the general standing in the middle.

So you can get the Aether scroll as many times as you want? Because that'd actually great for some units who otherwise don't get very good offensive skills without marriage to the Avatar~ OwO

The second is a map where you and Anna fight off some theives. You can recruit Anna the first time you play it.

What, no translation for this map's name? The wiki really could use one...

oh also, you will earn next to no HP for defeating all enemies except the boss (I literally got one HP each time someone was defeated)

Actually, earning 1 HP per enemy defeated would be a pretty quick way to raise a unit's overall health. Of course, last I checked, only FE4 gave out permanent stat boosts for tasks other than using stat-boosting items, raising levels, or promoting...

Actually, earning 1 HP per enemy defeated would be a pretty quick way to raise a unit's overall health. Of course, last I checked, only FE4 gave out permanent stat boosts for tasks other than using stat-boosting items, raising levels, or promoting...

Agh I'm sorry I was super sleepy and made a typo -units earn 1 exp per unit defeated sans enemy bosses, not HP xD

Well at least, while it's not really related to the DLC, it seems that the throwing versions of the weapons don't (necessarily) share the same image as the weapon they are based on. It looks like the er...volant axe?

The Silver Throwing Katana...looks weird. Maybe it's the angle, but it looks really weird

There's no numbers really, but I get the feeling the general boss has some...interesting skills and/or stats perhaps

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

I guess this means there's likely a Wave 3 coming at some point.

And if there is, I'm pretty sure the star class-change item will be for Pegasus Knights, and be the logical female-exclusive counterpart to the one we just got for the Vanguard. And since Pegasus Knight is the one DLC-related playable class where the wiki hasn't yet compiled growths for the Avatar (yes, the wiki compiled Vanguard growths long before the Vanguard Emblem was even formally hinted toward):

http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Avatar_(Fates)/Stats#Non-regional_classes(the Vanguard tab's been there since the section was de-sectstubbed, but note no Pegasus Knight tab)

And if there is, I'm pretty sure the star class-change item will be for Pegasus Knights, and be the logical female-exclusive counterpart to the one we just got for the Vanguard. And since Pegasus Knight is the one DLC-related playable class where the wiki hasn't yet compiled growths for the Avatar (yes, the wiki compiled Vanguard growths long before the Vanguard Emblem was even formally hinted toward):

http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Avatar_(Fates)/Stats#Non-regional_classes(the Vanguard tab's been there since the section was de-sectstubbed, but note no Pegasus Knight tab)

If you're referring to the Dark Falcon class, it's already out and is available for both genders.

Wait, so this DLC Vanguard class will just look like Ike's Hero armor? Does that mean his Amiibo class is Vanguard? That's weird, he's clearly a Hero...

Yes, yes, and there's already a Hero class which is different from Ike's class stat-wise and has different skills.

Well at least, while it's not really related to the DLC, it seems that the throwing versions of the weapons don't (necessarily) share the same image as the weapon they are based on. It looks like the er...volant axe?

The Silver Throwing Katana...looks weird. Maybe it's the angle, but it looks really weird

There's no numbers really, but I get the feeling the general boss has some...interesting skills and/or stats perhaps

So far only Divine Shield which only one DLC map ever has. The final boss in the main story had Status immunity. Having Clear Mind and Kunaibreaker tells me that it will be enemy only. -.-

Nobody so far has negative chain which those foes would be a force to be rekconed with deadlier weapons (Silvers) and what not. Please let Marcia be one of the characters in the Wing Shield DLC(Nintendo). ;) It'll reduce damage to single digits to anyone possessing both Dragonskin and Divine Shield. If an Apotheosis 2 is made, it'll have to be settled in a different way for all of the nerfs that the game provides already!

Edited by Oboro

yep general boss has divine shield, vantage, defensive formation, and a lot of HP which makes him extremely annoying to kill.

Astra with a hammer and a crit hit didn't even kill him, but two strong units should do the trick.

Probably should have used Foleo with a tome in the first place, but he was too far away ~

yep general boss has divine shield, vantage, defensive formation, and a lot of HP which makes him extremely annoying to kill.

Astra with a hammer and a crit hit didn't even kill him, but two strong units should do the trick.

Probably should have used Foleo with a tome in the first place, but he was too far away ~

Well who knows

...Who knows indeed...who knows.....

Does the map scale like the rest of the dlc? ...It should, I guess

Anddd now everyone is going to get all the skills, because why not. It's not like they had skill limitations previously. Oh well

(INB4 Warp is useless and/or makes the female units broken. INB4 Warp scroll so you can get the skill on males anyway. Because the ballisticians don't really...feel that overwhelming. INB4 Ballisticians are broken.)

More on topic (somewhat), I actually didn't choose to use that method in my own map designs (On the other hand I had bosses with 50 Defense and 200 HP, so maybe I'm the crazy one), it would be...somewhat interesting anyway, though it might be a little redundant. A little perhaps,since there aren't any lunatic plus skills unless they slap it on the dlc, so it's either that or they could do the still silly thing of not having 5 (or hacking to make it 6) skills per unit

Imagine if the enemies had +7 weapons everywhere, it'd turn the game into less of tank emblem (though to be fair I suppose it does somewhat balance out the fact that otherwise the players would have an advantage. I dunno. My own designs for an apotheosis removes all the statue caps, but not forged weapons, so who knows. It's still not entirely fun to turn the game into "chess" by which I mean everyone one shots everyone)

Update:

Someone needs to test out Yato vs Divine Shield, though I should have asked this ages ago. Then again, who knows.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

But I thought that was called Brave Hero, not Hero...

They just renamed the Hero class itself and based Ike on his SSB4 incarnation (which is him as a Hero in Radiant Dawn) while calling his class in Fates the "Vanguard". Vanguard Ike in Radiant Dawn is a Lightning Bruiser aside of Magic and Resistance (and all physical classes had average to poor magic and resistance anyways), yet Vanguard Ike in Fates is a Mighty Glacier (that's what he is in the Super Smash Bros. series despite being a Lightning Bruiser throughout all of his canonical appearances). Fates curiously used the Super Smash Bros. 4 incarnations of Marth, Ike, Lucina (partially at that, being closer to her canon portrayal stat wise), and Robin. Chances are that they will do the same with Roy and any other Fire Emblem character planned for Super Smash Bros. 4.

They just renamed the Hero class itself and based Ike on his SSB4 incarnation (which is him as a Hero in Radiant Dawn) while calling his class in Fates the "Vanguard". Vanguard Ike in Radiant Dawn is a Lightning Bruiser aside of Magic and Resistance (and all physical classes had average to poor magic and resistance anyways), yet Vanguard Ike in Fates is a Mighty Glacier (that's what he is in the Super Smash Bros. series despite being a Lightning Bruiser throughout all of his canonical appearances). Fates curiously used the Super Smash Bros. 4 incarnations of Marth, Ike, Lucina (partially at that, being closer to her canon portrayal stat wise), and Robin. Chances are that they will do the same with Roy and any other Fire Emblem character planned for Super Smash Bros. 4.

Oh, okay... Huh. Well, Hero Ike looks awesome too, at least, so I can accept that as well. :)

Hm... according to the wiki, Fates!Pegasus Knights don't have unique skills (two from Dark Falcon and two from Falcon Warrior) so I would hope or expect them to have new skills if they became more widely available DLC but considering the existence of Shadowgift, who can really say. They also have a max S-rank on lances so that's kind of interesting. I would have preferred a lance and sword combo like GBA era Falcon Knights.

Wait, so this DLC Vanguard class will just look like Ike's Hero armor? Does that mean his Amiibo class is Vanguard? That's weird, he's clearly a Hero...

Yes, just like Lucina's a Great Lord but still has her Lord battle animation and Robin's a Grandmaster but still has his Tactician battle animation.

Grandmaster uses default Tact Robin and Great Lord uses default Lucina too iirc so

I think it's just so they use a more recognised appearance/the one used in ssb4 but attaching the cooler-sounding name to it

Edited by Thor Odinson