A challenge/request for help concerning HHM Chapter 11

ruadath

In my recent attempt to optimize the 3-turn clear of Chapter 12, I found myself faced with a very peculiar constraint during my playthrough of Chapter 11: Hector must end the Chapter at level 2, with 88 EXP.

I have managed to find a 6-turn playthrough that does this while getting Matthew 53 EXP, stealing the Red Gem, and using Wolf Beil thrice and the Hand Axe four times. If anyone can improve any of these parameters in any aspect (even something as trivial as getting 1 extra EXP for Matthew, or conserving a weapon use), I would appreciate it if you let me know how you did it so that I can incorporate it into my various challenge runs.

EDIT: I should note, of course, that this is vanilla HHM (no Lyn Mode)

Edited by ruadath

Thanks for responding! I know exactly what you managed to do; I ran many different trials of Chapter 11 before I finally managed to find the one that worked for me.

Perhaps it might be easier if I posted the playthrough I currently have (hopefully before the end of today), although I have the feeling that it might not be possible to do any better (unless copious amounts of RN burning occurs, something I wish to avoid).

The only room for improvement I see is critting the first soldier and saving 1 measly Hand Axe use, but I think that would require a lot of RN burning. Especially since you'd need to set-up the whole chapter again.

Ideally, it would be nice to have Hector keep his Hand Axe equipped when he takes out the second soldier and miss both of the archers manually, and there does exist a spot in the RN where this is possible, but unfortunately, it seems that I burn just a few too many RNs before getting there to do that...

Not that I'm particularly worried about improving this anymore, but I suppose that it would actually be fine to have Hector end with 89 EXP as well; then I would just skip the action where he misses the throw against the PK on the first turn of Chapter 12.