Ragnarok Online Mafia [Game Over]

Elieson

Also, I'm glad my Gaius scumread was correct, if nothing else.

Requesting Mitsuki explain what it was I posted in my large post that I couldn't fake as scum.

Edited by Prims

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, SB, did you really fake the cop report to see Baldrick's reaction and scumhunt or did you do that to seem townier?

it was low risk/high reward, if he reacted badly i got ridiculous towncred and if he didn't i lost nothing

i wouldn't have done it if i knew there were only 3 maf tho

my role was not op at all imo considering i had to hope people actually targeted me (thanks LIGHTNINGROD for fucking that up too, and the masshook that never actually happened) and never had control of my kill

Edited by SB.

Also Baldrick you may not have been in a good spot number/role wise but that doesn't change the fact that you guys got your ass kicked

True, we didn't play well. That said, the numbers were a factor in why I didn't bother to try and get SB lynched.

gg everyone. game ended in a lame way though.

Elie no offence but I felt some of your modding decisions were really questionable. Putting the mistakes aside, hiding Baldrick's role helped the mafia even though Baldrick tactically modkilled himself, and Life could have been modsubbed.

I don't even know why the "hide role PMs on modkill" thing came up it's almost entirely useless, especially if you're going to reveal he was mafia anyway(?)

It should go without saying that tactically modkilling is obviously just a shit thing to do anyway. Kinda looks hilarious he's backpedalling on it too?

Didn't matter much in the end to be fair, I'm surprised me and Exlipse lasted till D4 with my Blitz interactions.

Didn't matter much in the end to be fair, I'm surprised me and Eclipse lasted till D4 with my Blitz interactions.

Edit: and our watch results didn't give jack to town

Edited by Lord Gaius

The only thing I regret about the modkill is that I didn't do it immediately. I have no problem admittting to the shot i do, but I draw the line at what I didn't do.

my role was not op at all imo considering i had to hope people actually targeted me (thanks LIGHTNINGROD for fucking that up too, and the masshook that never actually happened) and never had control of my kill

Given the amount of passive roles, I agree. You wouldn't be able to target Refa, Mitsuki, Shyguy (because lolLightningrod), or Crysta. If the five of you were left, and there was no mafia, how the hell were you supposed to win?

It's kind of hard to tryhard when your buddy gets D1'd, the other one gets modkilled D2, and there's 13/3/1 numbers.

. . .or when your life gets legit busy and you can't help to keep your towncred.

---

Anyway, dead people, stay in the graveyard. It makes things way less complicated.

As for drama. . .eh. Unless someone wants to host a very straight game (vanillas and goons only).

>MRW people are surprised an Elie game is unbalanced role madness.

giphy.gif

For my non-shit posting thoughts:

-Good job town, especially Refa who stepped up his game after I died.

-Baldrick's play this game was fine outside the whole spoiling SB thing, if that is indeed what happened??? (confused about that if people care enough to clarify do it in PMs to avoid drama)

-Hydras suck.

-Hosts: Put vanillas in your games. Much better than 10000 gimmicks.

-Players: Stop crying about being vanillas in games, or any roles in games really unless they're really stupid things (Life's role was indeed one of those things but asking for a sub over it is silly). Someone has to be it. I get that you want to be cop/doc every game but it's not gonna happen. This is why the former point needed to be made.

Also mafia made some questionable decisions like killing me even though I had one content post which was entirely wrong. I was killed because of the meer possibility of me getting into an argument with eclipse when there were actually threats to deal with. This is basically name-killing but worse considering my activity was going to plummet from the small amount I had thanks to uni.

Edit: Well I wasn't entirely wrong but lolBlitz. Actions based solely on paranoia are never good ones.

Edited by Executive kirsche

Also mafia made some questionable decisions like killing me even though I had one content post which was entirely wrong. I was killed because of the meer possibility of me getting into an argument with eclipse when there were actually threats to deal with. This is basically name-killing but worse considering my activity was going to plummet from the small amount I had thanks to uni.

Edit: Well I wasn't entirely wrong but lolBlitz. Actions based solely on paranoia are never good ones.

Take a look at D1. From my analysis, Baldrick was the strongest of the three mafia members in terms of associative reads, with Gaius in a VERY bad spot. Furthermore, Clipsey's School of Logic says that a townie that doesn't give many associative reads and that hasn't drawn much suspicion is a good kill early-on, because there's less likely to be protection, and less post-mortem material to work with.

Also, the last thing I want as mafia is a shitton of attention if I'm not in a strong townie-looking position. From that perspective, you were a very good kill. If this is going to sap your motivation to play mafia, then I won't stop you from leaving ('sides, I'd rather you do RL right first).

Going to agree to disagree with you on the kill eclipse, still think Prims is a smarter kill because he is more likely to bring attention to you than coasting!me.

Games don't need vanillas to be good/balanced, some people are just bad at making good/balanced setups

There are very very few games which are balanced, are role madness, without functional vanillas. I can't even recall one of the top of my head. This being said I was just reminded of thousand names mafia where everyone felt like functional vanillas and how lame that was. Mafia sucks.

• 8 months later...