SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

1. How can you not have visited Madurodam ever? Didn't your grandparents ever take you there or something?
2. Which FE games have you played?
3. What makes Blazing Blade your favorite FE game?
4. What are your favorite game series overall?
5. Do you cycle?

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Claudius I said:

1. How can you not have visited Madurodam ever? Didn't your grandparents ever take you there or something?
2. Which FE games have you played?
3. What makes Blazing Blade your favorite FE game?
4. What are your favorite game series overall?
5. Do you cycle?

1. No, they only took me to the pool and on vacations. I'll probably go there at some point, when I have time...

2. 4 to 15, although I still need to finish 5 at some point. I basicly played every game that doesn't have a remake.

3. I feel like it's the one game that has a good story, well developed characters, good gameplay (diverse maps, good difficulty, etc) and replay value. All other games fall short on at least one of those points. It might also help that it's the first game in the series I've played.

4. Mostly just FE. I used to play a lot of Pokemon, but I stopped playing a few years ago. I also played some Zelda games, and I really liked them, but I never seem to actually finish them...

5. Yes, a lot. It's how I go to any place that's still close to my city.

5 hours ago, Bartozio said:

XIII. INTP. I though it fit very well when I started reading about it.

And here! @Clarine was somewhat INTP, and @SullyMcGully was possibly so, but finally someone who is clear cut INTP as well.

XV. You tend to hang around the Heroes boards often... I think. But fairly recently you've been here in Far From the Forest. Any specific reason for hanging around here?

XVI. Any personal philosophy or mindset you try to stick to?

XVII. Do you live in a rural, urban, or suburban area, or a combination?

XVIII. Which do you prefer of the areas above?

XIX. Do you know anything about the Byzantine empire?

XX. Have you watched Fairy Tail?

XXI. How about Death Note?

Thought up some more questions that hopefully haven't been asked.

16. Is there a place far from where you live that you'd like to visit? Like, somewhere in another country.

17. Politics were brought up, so I'll ask the other question: are you a religious person?

18. Do you enjoy books?

19. When it comes to games, FE or otherwise, what do you normally find most important: gameplay, story, world, characters, or a combination of any of these?

20. Are there any other characters in Shadow Dragon that you find likable and/or memorable, or is Camus the only exception?

8 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

And here! @Clarine was somewhat INTP, and @SullyMcGully was possibly so, but finally someone who is clear cut INTP as well.

XV. You tend to hang around the Heroes boards often... I think. But fairly recently you've been here in Far From the Forest. Any specific reason for hanging around here?

XVI. Any personal philosophy or mindset you try to stick to?

XVII. Do you live in a rural, urban, or suburban area, or a combination?

XVIII. Which do you prefer of the areas above?

XIX. Do you know anything about the Byzantine empire?

XX. Have you watched Fairy Tail?

XXI. How about Death Note?

XV. That's quite accurate. I first started coming here after seeing people were being interviewed and I was curious. After that I went exploring this place and ended up sticking around. It's pretty fun here!

XVI. If you do something, do it right! (Basicly, don't half ass things).

XVII. Urban. To be fair, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a rural area in my country...

XVIII. I think Urban. I don't really come outside often and I like everything being reasonable closeby.

XIX. Only a little, mostly because Extra History did a series about Justinian and Theodora.

XX. Yes. I think it's an enjoyable serie, but there's a bit to much fanservice and ass pulls (especially near the end) to make it a great one.

Spoiler

Erza is best girl though.

XXI. Also watched it. I thought it was amazing at first, especially at the end of episode 2 (L is awesome). It got significantly worse later on though.

Spoiler

After L died mostly, because there was no L anymore...

7 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Thought up some more questions that hopefully haven't been asked.

16. Is there a place far from where you live that you'd like to visit? Like, somewhere in another country.

17. Politics were brought up, so I'll ask the other question: are you a religious person?

18. Do you enjoy books?

19. When it comes to games, FE or otherwise, what do you normally find most important: gameplay, story, world, characters, or a combination of any of these?

20. Are there any other characters in Shadow Dragon that you find likable and/or memorable, or is Camus the only exception?

16. Japan. I'm curious to see how things really are there after watching so much anime...

17. Short answer: No. Slightly longer answer: I have no idea whether a god really exists or not (it's pretty hard to proof or disproof) and since most religions don't agree with one another on a lot of points, I've decided to just  take my chances and see what happens when I die.

18. From time to time. I don't read often, but when I start a book I  usualy read a lot and finish it in a day or two. When I go on vacation I generally need to bring quite a number of them to not run out.

19. Mostly the story and the characters. The gameplay also needs to be at a reasonable level though.

20. I also quite like Minerva. There's a few other characters that appear in the game that I like (Catria and Linde for instance) but that's mostly because of New Mystery. I think those two (Camus and Minerva) are the only memorable ones from Shadow Dragon.

2 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Thanks for answering my questions!  :):

Interesting, may I ask why? 

No problem, that's what this interview is all about right? :P

No idea. My mother has come up with several theories about why, like it's because they're unpredictable, or because a big dog was messing around with me when I was little (it was playing for the dog, but I appearently just sat there very quitly). I have no idea what caused it though. I have improved around it as of late, as I can now walk straight past a dog instead of circling around it and not coming in a radius of 10 m of it. :):

2 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

I have a question as well, I am currently studying for my undergraduate in mathematics and I was curious what the sort of work you do once you reach the field is 

It kind of depends on whether the university is more theoratical or more practical orientated. Mine is very theoratical, so I'll talk about that:

My study mostly revolves around proving or disproving certain statements. For instance, one of the first things we did was build up a set of rules for the natural numbers and using only those rules to deduce a lot of qualities of the set (for instance that a+b=b+a for every a and b).

After that you get introduced to more obscure structures, like Groups, Rings and Topologies, and the process repeats itself. You can also study Logic, which revolves around what deduction one can make from certain information (it's more intresting then I'm probably making it sound).

If you actually start doing your own research it generally consists of tackling a new structure someone came up with or trying to solve some problem people encountered that has been unanswered for a while.

Edited by Bartozio

31. Have you ever watched Durarara!!?

32. Urban or rural?

33. Do you dress the way everybody else dresses, or do you set your own trend?

34. Ever played Dutch Blitz?

35. Of all the years you've lived so far, which was your favorite?

36. Ever have a childhood sweetheart?

37. What's your type?

38. Are you any good with computers?

39. What's your most feared natural disaster?

40. What is your preferred piece of furniture for sitting on?

21 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

31. Have you ever watched Durarara!!?

32. Urban or rural?

33. Do you dress the way everybody else dresses, or do you set your own trend?

34. Ever played Dutch Blitz?

35. Of all the years you've lived so far, which was your favorite?

36. Ever have a childhood sweetheart?

37. What's your type?

38. Are you any good with computers?

39. What's your most feared natural disaster?

40. What is your preferred piece of furniture for sitting on?

31. YES! It's pretty great. The only real problem I have with it is that it focusses on a lot of characters and not all of those are that intresting. Most of them are though.

32. Urban.

33. I set my own trends. People generally tell me I don't have any sense for fashion though.

34. Don't think so. I generally don't like games where you don't have time to think things through.

35. Probably the year I started at university. Things were still easy back then, and I made a lot of friends I had fun with back then. Most of them ended up dropping out though...

36. I was in a "relation" with some girls in elementary school (not multiple at the same time mind you), but that was more a thing of them deciding they liked me and me playing along with it then anything else. I wasn't to intrested in girls at that age. After that, my interaction with girls has been... dissapointing. I can make friends with some of them, but it never really turns into more then that.

37. I generally like the strong and somewhat independant type.

38. Not really. I mean, I can use a computer, I can google stuff and I can program a little, but I'm not the type who can build his own computer from scratch. You also won't see me hacking into other people's stuff.

39. Never really thought about it. A hurricane sounds pretty bad.

40. It depends. If I'm working or at least doing something active, office chairs are pretty great. If I'm not really doing much, a sofa.

41. Who's your favorite Durarara!! character?

42. Do you have a favorite art style?

43. What's the deal with you and prime numbers?

44. Do you know what the current largest prime number is?

45. What's more important to you in a game: story or gameplay?

46. What's your least favorite anime cliche?

47. Do you think you'll ever own a handgun?

48. What's the toughest decision you've ever made?

49. Preferred brand of toothpaste?

50. Preferred brand of toothbrush?

17 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

41. Who's your favorite Durarara!! character?

42. Do you have a favorite art style?

43. What's the deal with you and prime numbers?

44. Do you know what the current largest prime number is?

45. What's more important to you in a game: story or gameplay?

46. What's your least favorite anime cliche?

47. Do you think you'll ever own a handgun?

48. What's the toughest decision you've ever made?

49. Preferred brand of toothpaste?

50. Preferred brand of toothbrush?

41. Orihara Izaya. Every moment that guy is on screen is either awesome or hilarious. I especially like his interactions with Shizuo.

42. Nope.

43. It's a math thing. At some point a friend of mine wondered whether the current year was a prime number, so we thought about it for a while and came up with the prime reduction (every number can be uniquely written as the product of primes, in case you didn't know). After that we tried several earlier years. From that point on, I've started trying this out for several numbers I encounter. It's quite fun and you start picking up quite some tricks along the way.

I guess it's mostly a matter of me being weird...

44.No, but I'm sure it's big enough that you do not want to be forced to write it down.

I looked it up, and as of August this year it is 274,207,281 − 1 . it has quite a lot if digits

45. I think story, as long as both are somewhat decent.

46. Probably a guy walkking in on a girl undressing, or when she's bathing and getting beaten up, even though it was an acccident. There's also the guy falling down on a girl and accidently grobing her. All of those get boring really fast.

47. No. it's very rare for people here to own a gun, unless they're part of the police, military, etc.

48. Who to ship with Lyn? I mean, she and Hector make a really cute couple, but with Rath she actually gets to go back to the plains, where she'll be happier...

49. I am so used to buying the thing that I can recognize the casing when buying it and don't pay attention to the name anymore. Thus, I've forgotten the name...

I'll look it up later.

50. The cheapest one.

3 hours ago, Claudius I said:

6. Do you have any interest in languages and/or linguistics?
7. Do you have any interest in law?
8. Do you intend on playing the older FE games?
9. Favorite Roman Emperor(s)?
10. Would you like to learn any new languages?

6. Nope. I always hated learning languages. Apart from english, but only because I read so much english that I was always ahead of what I had to learn. I'm really happy I don't have to take french or german classes anymore...

7. Not really.

8. None other then the ones I've already played. I don't really see a reason to play FE 1 to 3, since those games have remakes, and I've already played the rest. I will finish playing FE5 at some point though.

9. I don't know a lot of them, so I'll go with Augustus.

10. Nope. It would be fun to know Japanese, but I don't think the effort of learning it is really worth it for me.

19 hours ago, Bartozio said:

XX. Yes. I think it's an enjoyable serie, but there's a bit to much fanservice and ass pulls (especially near the end) to make it a great one.

Reveal hidden contents

Erza is best girl though.

XXI. Also watched it. I thought it was amazing at first, especially at the end of episode 2 (L is awesome). It got significantly worse later on though.

Reveal hidden contents

After L died mostly, because there was no L anymore...

Totally agree on both accounts.

Spoiler

Erza truly is amazing.

XXII. If you could have any of the magical powers in Fairy Tail, who's would you choose?

XXIII. Favorite of the Celestial Spirits from Fairy Tail?

XXIV. What are some of your best units in Heroes?

XXV. You said you never seem to finish Zelda games; have you ever finished one and if not which one would you say you got the closest to finishing?

XXVI. Would you consider yourself a pessimist, optimist, realist, nihilist, etc.?

XXVII. Have you ever gone fishing?

XXVIII. Quality or quantity?

5 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Totally agree on both accounts.

Reveal hidden contents

Erza truly is amazing.

XXII. If you could have any of the magical powers in Fairy Tail, who's would you choose?

XXIII. Favorite of the Celestial Spirits from Fairy Tail?

XXIV. What are some of your best units in Heroes?

XXV. You said you never seem to finish Zelda games; have you ever finished one and if not which one would you say you got the closest to finishing?

XXVI. Would you consider yourself a pessimist, optimist, realist, nihilist, etc.?

XXVII. Have you ever gone fishing?

XXVIII. Quality or quantity?

XXII. Ice make seems pretty cool (no pun intended). I like powers that have lots of utility. It also helps Gray is one of the few characters who actually thinks during battles...

XXIII. Loki. Might be a bit unfair since he's easily the one with the most screen time though.

XXIV. The units I generally use for the hardest maps are Reinhardt, Klein, Nino, Tharja, Olivia and Ninian (although the last two are just there to dance, obviously). Some of my other units that I have SI'd and I think are pretty good are Camus, Ryoma, Hector, Cherche, Brave!Lyn, Cecilia and Elise (only as a healer).

XXV. No, never finished one. I think I came reasonably close to finishing Ocarina of Time. I think I only needed to clear two or three more dungeons.

XXVI. Realist.

XXVII. Never, it always seemed pretty boring to me.

XXVIII. Quality.

14 hours ago, Bartozio said:

XXII. Ice make seems pretty cool (no pun intended). I like powers that have lots of utility. It also helps Gray is one of the few characters who actually thinks during battles...

Wonderful - you know what the best magics are.

XXIX. Are you still good at making pancakes?

XXX. Eastern or Western dragon?

XXXI. Katana, broadsword, or scimitar?

XXXII. Ever solved a Rubix Cube?

XXXIII. Samurai or ninja?

XXXIV. Favorite prime number?

XXXV. Is there any particular reason you grew out of Pokemon, or did you just move past it?

6: Opinion on the name Rachel?

7: Opinion on petticoats?

8: Opinion on kilts?

9: Opinion on Ests in Fire Emblem?

10: Opinion on the multiplier on FEH Gauntlets?

9 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Wonderful - you know what the best magics are.

XXIX. Are you still good at making pancakes?

XXX. Eastern or Western dragon?

XXXI. Katana, broadsword, or scimitar?

XXXII. Ever solved a Rubix Cube?

XXXIII. Samurai or ninja?

XXXIV. Favorite prime number?

XXXV. Is there any particular reason you grew out of Pokemon, or did you just move past it?

XXIX. Probably not, since I haven't made them in years. I think I'd do well after practicing a bit though.

XXX. Western.

XXXI. LOL, you actually added the scimitar! I'll still pick katana though :P

XXXII. Yes. A few years ago I got one from my grandparent and I after a bit I got quite good at solving them read: after looking up algorithms and memorizing them. I still have one laying around in my room, but since I haven't tried it in a while, I can't remember how to solve it anymore...

XXXIII. Samurai.

XXXIV. 37.

XXXV. Playing through the game just got boring after I grew up. I really liked playing other people though, both IRL and online. However, somewhere around Black and White being released, a lot of the people I generally played with moved on and the Meta changed a lot. I didn't really feel like learning the new Meta, so I just stopped playing little by little.

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

6: Opinion on the name Rachel?

7: Opinion on petticoats?

8: Opinion on kilts?

9: Opinion on Ests in Fire Emblem?

10: Opinion on the multiplier on FEH Gauntlets?

6. Nothing much, it feels like a pretty standard name.

7. Don't really like them.

8. They can look cool when they're worn in formal attire in the right setting. Otherwise, just no.

9. It's quite the hit and miss for me. I really like the idea of a unit turning out incredibly strong after you've gone through the trouble of training them, but a lot of Ests don't turn out that great. The only ones I really liked were Nino and Delthea, and Est in FE11. My Est in SoV turned out worse then my Catria though... (who still failed to even compare to Clair).

10. I have very mixed feelings about them. On the one hand, I don't really like what they do to matches. Not only do they sometimes make characters win who don't deserve to (and stop me from seeing how Ike vs Lyn would play out), they also make close matches feel less exiting.

On the other hand, they do make ranking a lot easier, especially for people like me who live in Europe. Without the multipliers, the best I could hope for was to get into the 1000-5000 category two or three rounds and maybe get top 1000 total (all of which would require extensive planning and using my entire week to just play the game). With multipliers, top 1000 for all three rounds is very doable, even without playing that much, and I might very well reach top 1000 or close to that for the overall score.

I still think I would prefer the multiplier dissapearing, but I don't mind it being there to much as long as I have use for all those feathers.

11 hours ago, Bartozio said:

XXXI. LOL, you actually added the scimitar! I'll still pick katana though :P

Heh, yeah, I mean, why not?

XXXVI. Favorite Pokemon, from what you remember?

XXXVII. Have you seen the recent Death Note movie on Netflix?

XXXVIII. Favorite magic system in Fire Emblem? (I.e. did you prefer the Gaiden/Echoes version where magic costs HP, or in Fates where it is linked to swords, or the magic triangle in the GBA games, etc. ?)

XXXIX Unit you most often "pull" in Heroes?

XL. If you could have the abilities of any of the homunculi from Fullmetal Alchemist, who would you choose?

XLI. Have you enjoyed your interview so far?

XLII. Is there any question that you would like to be asked, and if so, what is it and what is the answer to it?

11. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
12. If you were a ruler, would you be an active ruler (pursuing your own policies first) or a passive ruler (responding to developments first)?
13. Legal positivism (law before justice) or legal naturalism (justice before law)?
14. Forgiveness or retribution?
15. First and current impressions of me?

10 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Heh, yeah, I mean, why not?

XXXVI. Favorite Pokemon, from what you remember?

XXXVII. Have you seen the recent Death Note movie on Netflix?

XXXVIII. Favorite magic system in Fire Emblem? (I.e. did you prefer the Gaiden/Echoes version where magic costs HP, or in Fates where it is linked to swords, or the magic triangle in the GBA games, etc. ?)

XXXIX Unit you most often "pull" in Heroes?

XL. If you could have the abilities of any of the homunculi from Fullmetal Alchemist, who would you choose?

XLI. Have you enjoyed your interview so far?

XLII. Is there any question that you would like to be asked, and if so, what is it and what is the answer to it?

XXXVI. Snorlax. I like his design and all, and sweeping whole teams with a curse set feels very satisfying (in gen 4, not gen 2 where everyone did it).

XXXVII. No, I still need to get around to watching it. I hope it's good, but I'm a bit skeptical.

XXXVIII. I prefer having a magic triangle like in the GBA games. I feel like it helps to let mages stand out from one another. They need to do a better job balancing the types though...

XXXIX. Probably Gwendolyn. I have a whole army of her, and her skills aren't really good for anything (and neither is she) apart from passing on an Armor buffing skill (and since there's only 8 armor units in the game, and over half of those start with some form of armor buffs, I don't need 10 of her).

XL. It depends, because a lot of them feel like they're only useful for combat and I don't really get into fights that often...

I'd go with Envy for everyday life and Greed for fights I guess. Although Wrath has the coolest fighting style.

XLI. I did, though I'm quite suprised by how peaceful it's been. I mean, there was hardly any shadetrowing, no soap drama going on and no final battle between good and evil being set up. Boring and peaceful fits me quite well though, so I'm okay with it. :P

XLII. I think I missed the big: If you were a fire emblem character, what would your class and growths be like?

The answer would be Knight, with great defence and HP, good strenght, magic and luck, and poor speed, skill and resistance.

1 hour ago, Claudius I said:

11. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
12. If you were a ruler, would you be an active ruler (pursuing your own policies first) or a passive ruler (responding to developments first)?
13. Legal positivism (law before justice) or legal naturalism (justice before law)?
14. Forgiveness or retribution?
15. First and current impressions of me?

11. The japanese culture might have fit me better if I was born there, but by now I'll just stick to where I live now. If you don't like going out of the house it doesn't really matter much where that house stands right?

12. Knowing me, I'd start of by introducing some great new ideas and positive changes, but drown in all the paper work and other finer details and some point. If I'd get really good subordinates who can deal with the details of everything I come up with (and who I can trust about that) I'd stay active, but otherwise I'd probably become passive at some point...

13. Legal positivism. Justice is subjective for everyone and the law is there for a reason.

14. Forgiveness. Retribution is merely a way to make sure others don't repeat something.

15. I used to think you were a very serious and intellectual person. I still think the last part is true, but it seems you drop the serious act from time to time. You're quite fun in combination with the right people.