SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

1 hour ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

Edit: Nevermind anything I said, I misread you. Now I think otherwise about Lil Trap for you.

It's alright, I didn't read what you wrote before.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a while since I did this. May as well make it a habit again.

As for the questions...

1. Favorite video game series?
  2. Opinion on fighting games?
  3. Favorite music genre?
  4. How did you pick your profile picture, and why did you choose it?
  5. What made you decide to join Serenes Forest?
  6. Thoughts/Opinions on Star Wars?
  7. Something you thought you weren't going to like, but ended up enjoying?
  8. Something you both love and hate?
  9. If someone was interested in getting into a genre/series (of your choice), what video-game/movie/book/anime etc. would you recommend them to try first?
  10. If someone was interested in getting into a genre/series (again, of your choice), what video-game/movie/book/anime etc. would you tell them to stay the heck away from?

20 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

9.Favorites: Whatever is busted, also Astra; With Heroes, it's Glimmer, I think I'm the only one who doesn't mind getting Peri in Heroes, because she's good Glimmer fodder.

Least favorites: Counter when it's on the enemy (but I think that goes for everyone); I also think Shadowgift is kind of pointless in Fates because you can only use it on Nosferatu and Nosferatu isn't that great in Fates.

I would say your point on Counter wouldn't really apply in Fates, where it was noifed - in said game, it only works if the opponent initiates combat. Though that doesn't really help much since the games (or at least Conquest) tend to slap it on archers and snipers. Anyway, what is Glimmer? Because I've been out of the Heroes loop for almost two years now.

20 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

8. Oof, that's hard.

Favorites: I've always had a soft spot for mage characters in games, so definitely mages (and dark mages!); I also really like myrmidions due to them being good dodge-tanks, and their abilities with getting many critical hits, and beast units but I think that's the animal lover in me.

Least favorites: Clerics/Troubadours, but it's more of the training aspect with those, and armored units, but that's only in Heroes due to them only moving one space (even more ironic is that my main team has Winter Chrom, who is one), and I've heard they're worse in Genealogy with how big the maps are.

You've hit the nail on the head with regards to armors being even worse off in Genealogy. But I would also say Binding Blade sucks for them for much the same reason as Genealogy was awful for them (and that's ignoring the part where the armors in said game tend to be pretty bad). Anyway, for all the complaining I see about them, I would say armors are better off than axe infantry, which tend to be extremely consistent about having crippling weaknesses and no noteworthy redeeming features to make up for said weaknesses.

11. Are the last Komaytos in captivity?

12. Is Skyworld at peace?

13. Who is your main in Smash?

14. Did you find all the Zodiac stuff in Uprising?

15. Favorite Pokemon type?

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

What is the story behind your username?

Any pets?

1. "Espurr" comes from the Pokemon Espurr (who is my favorite Pokemon), I can't remember where the "hoodie" part came from, I think it's because it sounded cute, but I do know what it comes from hoodie sweatshirts, if there is more of a story, I can't remember it.

2. Two of them! My chihuahuas Pepe (pronounced like "peppy", not like Pepe the frog) and Chico.

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

Been a while since I did this. May as well make it a habit again.

As for the questions...

1. Favorite video game series?
  2. Opinion on fighting games?
  3. Favorite music genre?
  4. How did you pick your profile picture, and why did you choose it?
  5. What made you decide to join Serenes Forest?
  6. Thoughts/Opinions on Star Wars?
  7. Something you thought you weren't going to like, but ended up enjoying?
  8. Something you both love and hate?
  9. If someone was interested in getting into a genre/series (of your choice), what video-game/movie/book/anime etc. would you recommend them to try first?
  10. If someone was interested in getting into a genre/series (again, of your choice), what video-game/movie/book/anime etc. would you tell them to stay the heck away from?

1. Either Fire Emblem, or Pokemon, I'd say Kid Icarus, but I've only played Uprising.

2. They're fun! Great way of getting rid of whatever anger/frustration I have.

3. I actually answered this one earlier, hard to nail down since I will listen to mostly anything, but I love traditional Japanese music.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but I also like music that combines traditional Japanese music and more "electronic" music genres, such as Magikarp Festival from Pokken Tournament, Golden Japang by Masa Works Design, sung by Hatsune Miku and Gumi (slight NSFW warning, but that's because Masa REALLY likes cleavage, the actual song is one of his most innocent IMO), (Slight seizure warning for this next one, it's not the worst, per se, but just to be safe) Ohedo Julia Night by Mitchie-M, sung by Hatsune Miku and Kaito, and last, but not least, Tokio Funka by Takamatt, sung by Gumi.

4. I like Palutena's facial expression.

5. I liked Fire Emblem, but I couldn't talk to many people about it because no one I knew played FE, the only people I know who would listen to me talk about it are my grandmother (who will listen to anything I talk about), my Tae Kwon Do instructor (who knows about FE through Smash, and is responsible for truly getting me into gaming as a whole, because despite his job he's an enormous nerd), and my mom (who plays Heroes, but I can't talk to her that often since I live with my grandma and she lives 2 hours away from me), I saw that this was a forum for FE fans so I thought, "Huh, why not join?"

Granted joining was on my mind for like 2 years since I discovered this site, but I couldn't until recently because my computer crashed 4 years ago, so all I had to use for getting on the internet was a shitty Nook tablet from 2013 that was only good for Youtube and TV Tropes (and even then it sucked at those two things), so I couldn't join then.

6. Pretty good! I had to watch it to "finish my initiation for being a nerd" as I called it, since it's pretty important to nerd culture.

7. ....Kanye West.

And the (infamously horrible and thankfully a troll) Supper Smash Bros Mishonh from God series by PrincessAmerica, but I don't think that counts because I like it because of how stupid it is even if it "Crosses the Line Twice", to quote TV Tropes.

Also, this weird fanfic about, after dying in Belhalla, Sigurd getting warped back to the day Adean/Edain got captured except this time he's a chick and engaged to Arvis, and he's trying to prevent the events at Belhalla from happening, I clicked on it thinking "oh great this will be cringe", but it's actually kind of interesting psychological horror. I'm not 100% sure if I'm allowed to link it because there's an NSFW scene in chapter 2, but it's called "The Hidden Self" and it's on Archive of our Own.

8. Supper Smash Bros Mishonh from God, I love it because of the constant misspellings, how inaccurate it is to both, the games in Smash Bros, and history, the fact Sara (the main character) has her head really far up her ass, the fact it sounds like it was written by a member of the Westboro Baptist Church, and the fact that it crosses the line twice ALL the time.

Hate it for the same reasons.

9. If it was Vocaloid, I'd suggest the "classic" Vocaloid songs, (such as "World is Mine", "Magnet", "Two Faced Lovers", "Rolling Girl", "Po Pi Po", "Daughter of Evil" and "Servant of Evil", etc), and also my favorite producer, Masa Works Design (even though a lot of his stuff is either horror themed, or NSFW).

You can tell I like Vocaloid, seriously, just ask me if you want recommendations for Vocaloid songs.

10. Depending on the person, if they were getting into anime, and they don't like things that are more on the ecchi side, I'd tell them to stay away from more ecchi series (even though it would pain me to not recommend Kill La Kill).

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I would say your point on Counter wouldn't really apply in Fates, where it was noifed - in said game, it only works if the opponent initiates combat. Though that doesn't really help much since the games (or at least Conquest) tend to slap it on archers and snipers. Anyway, what is Glimmer? Because I've been out of the Heroes loop for almost two years now.

You've hit the nail on the head with regards to armors being even worse off in Genealogy. But I would also say Binding Blade sucks for them for much the same reason as Genealogy was awful for them (and that's ignoring the part where the armors in said game tend to be pretty bad). Anyway, for all the complaining I see about them, I would say armors are better off than axe infantry, which tend to be extremely consistent about having crippling weaknesses and no noteworthy redeeming features to make up for said weaknesses.

11. Are the last Komaytos in captivity?

12. Is Skyworld at peace?

13. Who is your main in Smash?

14. Did you find all the Zodiac stuff in Uprising?

15. Favorite Pokemon type?

Glimmer is a skill in Heroes that charges quickly,  and boosts the damage dealt by 50%.

11. No, not at all.

12. Not with the Komaytos loose.

13. Either Corrin or Richter.

14. I think I did, I can't remember exactly.

15. Either Fairy, Psychic, Ghost, or Dark.

1. Thoughts/Opinions on the Lord of the Rings?
  2. Favorite card/board game?
  3. Thoughts on puzzle games?
  4. Do you prefer action/fight scenes to be realistic and down-to-earth, or over-the-top and flashy?
  5. If you had a single day to hang out with a Fire Emblem character of your choosing, and weren't restrained by money or travel distance/time requirements, who would you pick and what would you do?
  6. Something you would tell your younger self?
  7. Something you fell in love with immediately?
  8. Something that had to grow on you?
  9. Something (in reality or fiction) that you'd pay good money to see?
  10. Thoughts/opinions on Batman?
  11. Favorite dream you've ever had?

6 hours ago, Hawkwing said:
  1. Thoughts/Opinions on the Lord of the Rings?
  2. Favorite card/board game?
  3. Thoughts on puzzle games?
  4. Do you prefer action/fight scenes to be realistic and down-to-earth, or over-the-top and flashy?
  5. If you had a single day to hang out with a Fire Emblem character of your choosing, and weren't restrained by money or travel distance/time requirements, who would you pick and what would you do?
  6. Something you would tell your younger self?
  7. Something you fell in love with immediately?
  8. Something that had to grow on you?
  9. Something (in reality or fiction) that you'd pay good money to see?
  10. Thoughts/opinions on Batman?
  11. Favorite dream you've ever had?

1. LotR was my freaking childhood.

2. I haven't played a board game in years TBH.

3. I like them, except when I'm half-asleep.

4. Over the top and flashy, one of my favorite things about Kill La Kill in terms of animation was the fight scenes.

5. Owain, just so I can go to my friend and say, "See? This is what I'm talking about when I compare you two!"

6. Take drawing classes, also, take care of your nail biting problem ASAP.

7. Fire Emblem!

8. Honestly, Camilla.

I didn't like her at first because I thought her personality was literally just "Corrin!" at first, but then I started reading her supports, but I think Adrift Camilla is what made me really like Camilla.

9.  Besides a Genealogy remake? I want this exchange between Christian La Monte, Xander Mobus, Erica Mendez, and Chris Hackney to be fully voice acted.

Also, Grant George voice acting the infamous "A fate in which I cannot kiss you is a fate I will not recognize" line from the FE4 manga in the most pantshittingly serious tone.

10. Will Arnett is best Batman.

11. That weird dream I had where Simon, Richter, Ganondorf, Ike, and Corrin were playing poker but they were betting cheese instead of money.

16. What spirit fights in Ultimate did you find the most awful?

17. Favorite type-based Z-Move?

18. Favorite species-specific Z-Move (e.g. Stoked Sparksurfer)?

19. Favorite Mega Evolution?

20. Have you watched Family Feud?

11. Have heard of Dungeons and Dragons or Pathfinder? You interested in either?

12. Favorite experience here on SF?

13. Favorite Palutena color in Smash Ultimate?

14. Favorite meme?

15. Watched any Marvel Cinematic Universe movies? If so, what is your favorite?

16 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

1. LotR was my freaking childhood.

Hello, you've got my interest now.

1. Did you read the books or just watch the movies?
2. What languages do you speak?
3. Which FE games have you played?
4. What makes Echoes your favorite?
5. Do you ever ride a bike?

1. Do you read Awkward Zombie? If so, favorite comic?
  2. Do you read any webcomics?
  3. Favorite Newspaper comic?
  4. Strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
  5. Trampolines. Like/dislike/don’t care for them?
  6. First impressions on the new Fire Emblem game?
  7. Ever heard of Blustone before?
  8. Do you play any mobile games?
  9. Thoughts/Opinions on Indiana Jones?
  10. Oldest book you’ve ever read?
  11. Oldest movie you’ve ever watched?
  12. Favorite Fictional Villain?

*loud-ass screaming*

18 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

16. What spirit fights in Ultimate did you find the most awful?

17. Favorite type-based Z-Move?

18. Favorite species-specific Z-Move (e.g. Stoked Sparksurfer)?

19. Favorite Mega Evolution?

20. Have you watched Family Feud?

16. Pauline and I haven't even beaten it.

17. I forgot the name of it, but the grass-type one.

18. "Light that Burns the Sky", it looks cool.

19. Mega Absol.

20. Nope.

17 hours ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

11. Have heard of Dungeons and Dragons or Pathfinder? You interested in either?

12. Favorite experience here on SF?

13. Favorite Palutena color in Smash Ultimate?

14. Favorite meme?

15. Watched any Marvel Cinematic Universe movies? If so, what is your favorite?

11. I've heard of and am interested in both, the only thing holding me back is my lack of friends.

12. Honestly, joining! I can't remember the last time I was this chatty.

13. Her Medusa influenced one, I think it's her eighth.

14. Sigurd.

15. I've seen all of them except Iron Man 2 and Homecoming; my favorite is Guardians of the Galaxy.

7 hours ago, Julius Nepos said:

Hello, you've got my interest now.

1. Did you read the books or just watch the movies?
2. What languages do you speak?
3. Which FE games have you played?
4. What makes Echoes your favorite?
5. Do you ever ride a bike?

1. I read the books when I was 9 or 10, I also read "The Hobbit", even though it's not connected to LotR, I'm also currently reading "Sigurd and Gudrun".

2. English None I speak fluently, but I'm learning Japanese and Korean, and I plan on learning Mandarin and German.

3. Awakening, all three routes of Fates, SoV, Warriors, Heroes, and I have, but not completed, Sacred Stones (left off on the chapter where you recruit Syrene, if I remember correctly), and Blazing Blade (left off where you recruit Raven, I ragequit because he died before I recruited him). I'm also pretty knowledgeable on Genealogy, but that's because I read the manga and I'm not sure that qualifies for anything.

4. The story, art, music, and voice acting.

5. Nope, haven't ridden one since I was 10.

6 hours ago, Hawkwing said:
  1. Do you read Awkward Zombie? If so, favorite comic?
  2. Do you read any webcomics?
  3. Favorite Newspaper comic?
  4. Strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
  5. Trampolines. Like/dislike/don’t care for them?
  6. First impressions on the new Fire Emblem game?
  7. Ever heard of Blustone before?
  8. Do you play any mobile games?
  9. Thoughts/Opinions on Indiana Jones?
  10. Oldest book you’ve ever read?
  11. Oldest movie you’ve ever watched?
  12. Favorite Fictional Villain?

1. I've read a few while I was browsing the internet, my favorite is the always topical "THE ODDS WERE IN YOUR FAVOR!" comic.

2. Final Smash Comic.

3. Newspaper? Now that's a name I haven't heard in years! I was always a fan of Garfield as a child.

4. Not eaten, but I did drink Mountain Dew mixed with concord grape juice once. It's better than it sounds TBH.

5. I like them, they're fun.

6. Throughout the entire trailer, I had two thoughts, "Please be good" and "Can we get a full version of this song?"

7. Not until you mentioned it.

8. Yes; FEH, Dragalia Lost, Valkyrie Connect, Neko Atsume, and Fate/Grand Order, the latter of which I downloaded recently.

9. Not many, no.

10. "The Epic of Gilgamesh", you can't get any older than that.

11. Snow White.

12. Hades from KI:U.

Edited by Espurrhoodie
I apparently forgot Hades existed and said Frollo instead.

51 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

16. Pauline and I haven't even beaten it.

Use a spirit that has you spawn with a Staff, then use shooting power up spirits (and maybe undamaged attack up spirits as well). That's how I did it, because like hell am I going to chase one of the floatiest characters (Peach) around one of the most awkward maps (75m) when my jump power is reduced. You're gonna need to strike quickly, however. Anyway, I'd say Dark Emperor is much, much worse than that one. I had to resort to putting Ridley to sleep when the platform he was on was collapsing (courtesy of the Dark Emperor, as the fight is on the Find Mii stage) to win - no way in hell am I going to find a legit way to beat a giant opponent with super armor. It's even worse because Ridley has an instant KO Final Smash (and it WILL KO you, assuming the sheer power of his moves somehow failed to do you in before then). I've also read horror stories of The Boss, but that, too, can be cheesed (Hint: One spirit allows you to heal from poison).

58 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

17. I forgot the name of it, but the grass-type one.

That would be Bloom Doom.

21. Did you defeat a Souflee (the fast cake-like enemies in Kid Icarus Uprising)?

22. On a scale of 10 to 9000, how bad is hearing this?

23. Favorite weapon type in KIU?

24. Favorite weapon overall in KIU?

25. Cats or dogs?

50 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Use a spirit that has you spawn with a Staff, then use shooting power up spirits (and maybe undamaged attack up spirits as well). That's how I did it, because like hell am I going to chase one of the floatiest characters (Peach) around one of the most awkward maps (75m) when my jump power is reduced. You're gonna need to strike quickly, however. Anyway, I'd say Dark Emperor is much, much worse than that one. I had to resort to putting Ridley to sleep when the platform he was on was collapsing (courtesy of the Dark Emperor, as the fight is on the Find Mii stage) to win - no way in hell am I going to find a legit way to beat a giant opponent with super armor. It's even worse because Ridley has an instant KO Final Smash (and it WILL KO you, assuming the sheer power of his moves somehow failed to do you in before then). I've also read horror stories of The Boss, but that, too, can be cheesed (Hint: One spirit allows you to heal from poison).

That would be Bloom Doom.

21. Did you defeat a Souflee (the fast cake-like enemies in Kid Icarus Uprising)?

22. On a scale of 10 to 9000, how bad is hearing this?

23. Favorite weapon type in KIU?

24. Favorite weapon overall in KIU?

25. Cats or dogs?

Oh yeah, it took me multiple times to defeat the Dark Emperor. I can't remember how I did it, only that I was slowly getting an aneurysm.

21. I've beaten quite a few, I think the game takes records of how many Souflees you've killed, but I'm to lazy to to the other room to get my 3DS.

22. Thanks for the fucking flashbacks. Over 9000.

23. Either Cannons or Orbitars.

24. Viridi Claws.

25. Dogs, I like cats, but I'm allergic to them.

Edited by Espurrhoodie

1. Favorite Pixar Movie?
  2. Favorite Disney Movie?
  3. Favorite Fire Emblem Meme?
  4. Favorite Character in Super Smash Brothers?
  5. Favorite video game weapon?
  6. Favorite Fictional Invention?
  7. Obligatory First/Current impressions question?

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:
  1. Favorite Pixar Movie?
  2. Favorite Disney Movie?
  3. Favorite Fire Emblem Meme?
  4. Favorite Character in Super Smash Brothers?
  5. Favorite video game weapon?
  6. Favorite Fictional Invention?
  7. Obligatory First/Current impressions question?

1. Coco

2. Either Hunchback of Notre Dame, or The Emperor's New Groove.

3. Sigurd, and, by extention, Flora, Rinea, and Gunnthra.

4. Richter, Peach/Daisy, and Corrin.

5. Omega Yato, it looks cool.

6. Do Penny from RWBY and Poppi from Xenoblade count?

7. I'm loving it here!

Final question from me:

1. Something you’re glad you tried, but will never do again?
  2. Something that seems to bother others, but never/rarely you?
  3. Something you want to like, but can’t for one reason or another?
  4. Something you wish had a sequel?
  5. Thoughts/opinions on the Elder Scrolls?
  6. Favorite/Least Favorite story trope/cliche?
  7. Favorite/Least Favorite character trope/cliche?
  8. Favorite/Least Favorite gameplay trope/cliche?
  9. Did you enjoy your interview?

3 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Final question from me:

1. Something you’re glad you tried, but will never do again?
  2. Something that seems to bother others, but never/rarely you?
  3. Something you want to like, but can’t for one reason or another?
  4. Something you wish had a sequel?
  5. Thoughts/opinions on the Elder Scrolls?
  6. Favorite/Least Favorite story trope/cliche?
  7. Favorite/Least Favorite character trope/cliche?
  8. Favorite/Least Favorite gameplay trope/cliche?
  9. Did you enjoy your interview?

1. Watching "Ralph Breaks the Internet" (Easily my least liked animated movie of this year, Into the Spider-verse was my favorite)

2. Revealing clothing on fictional characters/ fanservice-y characters.

3. Fates.

4. TWEWY

5. I've never played Elder Scrolls, but it looks fun.

6. I don't really have a favorite trope/cliche, but my least favorite trope is "Poor Communication Kills", although I am of the opinion that any trope can be done well/interestingly.

7. Favorite is "Magnificent Bastard", least favorite(s) (aside from Mary Sue, which no one likes) are "Designated Hero/Villain".

8. Don't really have a favorite or least favorite I can think of right now.

9. Yes! Very much so!

On 1/18/2019 at 4:38 PM, Espurrhoodie said:

Oh yeah, it took me multiple times to defeat the Dark Emperor. I can't remember how I did it, only that I was slowly getting an aneurysm.

Ditto. It was giving me a major headache, even more so than Mecha-Fiora, which is in the same area (Sacred Land). But at least conventional battling methods worked on that one, even if I got my ass handed to me more than I'd have liked.

On 1/18/2019 at 4:38 PM, Espurrhoodie said:

22. Thanks for the fucking flashbacks. Over 9000.

Hey, I don't like it either. Makes all the hairs on my neck stand on end. Especially when you need to avoid Ornes while trying to deal with other crap at the same time.

26. Most troubling mission in Uprising?

27. Can your main make it over the Death Pool?

28. Can your main get over the Green Base?

29. Can your main pass the V-Hole Challenge?

(I'm thinking specifically of Corrin for this and the above two)

30. Do chest monsters suck?

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Ditto. It was giving me a major headache, even more so than Mecha-Fiora, which is in the same area (Sacred Land). But at least conventional battling methods worked on that one, even if I got my ass handed to me more than I'd have liked.

Hey, I don't like it either. Makes all the hairs on my neck stand on end. Especially when you need to avoid Ornes while trying to deal with other crap at the same time.

26. Most troubling mission in Uprising?

27. Can your main make it over the Death Pool?

28. Can your main get over the Green Base?

29. Can your main pass the V-Hole Challenge?

(I'm thinking specifically of Corrin for this and the above two)

30. Do chest monsters suck?

The orne theme is useful for helping me reach any high notes when singing. (Which reminds me, I need to ask my grandmother to resume my singing lessons so I sound less like a dying crow)

26. The Chaos Kin level always scared me for whatever reason, I think it's the ornes.

27 - 29. I don't have Smash Wii U, so I don't know.

30. Yes.