SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

14 hours ago, Iris said:

What's the biggest way SB has griefed you in League?

What's the best format of MtG. Why?

How long have you been playing MtG for, and what are your favorite colors/combos to play?

1) It's a gradual process but sometimes he definitely goes full "has science gone too far" mode with his weird picks and this is why I never believe him when he tells me something is good.

2) Cube Draft. Cube combines the best part of the Magic draft experience with more exciting power level than your usual draft set and a ton of customization to make for, imo, the best way to play Magic. Cube is one of the only places to play broken cards like Time Walk and Balance and even Chaos Orb (powered cube is the way to play) that just aren't available, and a well-designed cube has a lot of archetypes and has a lot of replayability. Proxies are cool with people in a lot of Cube environments too for cutting costs. Honorable mentions: Commander, the best format that is easily accessible to the most players; Legacy, the best competitive format that is really held back by being prohibitively expensive due to the reserve list; and Vintage, which is even more expensive and is extremely degenerate , and not actually a good format, but a format I enjoy for being dumb.

3) I said before that I started playing in 2006 just before the release of Time Spiral. In accordance with my color rankings also listed before (R>U>G>B>W), Red is my favorite standalone color, Izzet is my favorite guild, and Temur is my favorite 3 color faction. For combos Storm is a personal favorite. I think Mono Red Dragonstorm was the coolest standard deck ever.

10 hours ago, SB. said:

First/Current impressions?

Would you prefer a Caitlyn mid on your team or a Vayne mid?

If we made a Clash team, who would be on it and who would play what role?

When are we getting off of the boat?

Tell us a funny story about Juliette.

1) First: You were a mafia person I almost never talked to before FAYZ and I think we became friendlier after that travesty
Current: High up on the list of my better friends and someone I have a good time both talking and playing games with you

2) Caitlyn is clearly a much better pick, Vayne is obviously not meant for mid. Play her in her proper role, top lane (actually just please don't play her)

3) Assuming ignoring current teams and I get to pick anyone and they have to deal with it: PKlucas AD, me and you as either top or mid, breezy jungle, and I dunno conscript someone to autofill support, maybe Amy. I care more about having fun than outright winning so

4) Never. Sidney, being the captain, is taking over as main lord and this is now a pirate RP.
Serious answer: I doubt we will be done with this map within the year. Really this turn is by far the easiest yet we just need people to post. But I would like to hope we are done before February.

5) When were younger the first time I came over to her house I was baffled with how many pillows Juliette owned. Her room was super neat (a trait that she has not continued) so it wasn't like they were out of place, and not throw pillows either, just a lot of huge pillows. Eventually it was explained she used to roll around a lot in her sleep so she had a guardrail thing and the bed against the wall, but with pillows on the side so she didn't hit the wall. Fortunately she's gotten calmed down on that.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. First/current impressions?

2. Tell me about your education / career goals! What do you most enjoy, what do you wish didn't exist, what do you hope to do in the future? You've dodged talking about this before, and now you can't. 

3. What parts of Fire Emblem (specific games or in general) do you think show promise but are under-explored and you wish were developed more? Gimme like, three.

4. What five things are you most looking forward to about Smash Ultimate?

5. In general, do you tend to see:
- negative aspects of yourself in other people,
- positive aspects of yourself in other people,
- negative aspects of other people in yourself, or
- positive aspects of other people in yourself?
(Pick two, if needed.)

3 hours ago, euklyd said:

1. First/current impressions?

2. Tell me about your education / career goals! What do you most enjoy, what do you wish didn't exist, what do you hope to do in the future? You've dodged talking about this before, and now you can't. 

3. What parts of Fire Emblem (specific games or in general) do you think show promise but are under-explored and you wish were developed more? Gimme like, three.

4. What five things are you most looking forward to about Smash Ultimate?

5. In general, do you tend to see:
- negative aspects of yourself in other people,
- positive aspects of yourself in other people,
- negative aspects of other people in yourself, or
- positive aspects of other people in yourself?
(Pick two, if needed.)

1) First: who is this nerd
current: One of my better friends but you definitely rig in HaruFE.

2) I do part time school studying for economics and I wish the American college system was less ass and we would get with the times already. I actually intend on doing some sort of planning or analysis work in government but at the local and/or state level where I feel there's actually potential in doing something useful.

3) 1. I was really excited for Fates when it was announced because it felt like they might actually be capitalizing on making relevant choices that affect how you play the game but instead you just choose between Conquest/Birthright/Revelation and that's like the only really major gamechanging event. I think dynamic choices that affect the game in a big way are great, and not just one-off choices like picking the recruitment of 1 character or another. FE10 touches on this a bit with the ability to recruit the characters to different sides in part 3 and, to its credit, FE6 does this in an interesting way with the Illia/Sacea route split (the Lalum/Elphin one not so much because it's so short and basically doesn't impact the story at all and you can literally miss it existing), and FE7 has the start of something cool with the method for the Pale Flower of Darkness Jerme/Kenneth versions, but ultimately it's a lot of setup for just 1 different map, which is disappointing. FE8 also excels because I think the Ephraim and Eirika route differences are really fun, even if it is just a menu choice.
2. Bases are great. This is something I think was awesome about FE9 and 10 is going beyond just battle preparations or a world map and having a way to really go into the more detailed interactions between characters, and is one reason why I think Tellius makes for the best setting. FE12 sort of does this but there are way more with the Avatar than just interactions between the other characters. Similarly Fates sort of goes for it with My Castle but again this doesn't have nearly as much meaningful interaction. Echoes kind of did something similar with the character conversations in villages, but this is just with the lord- still, I think it's the best attempt at it since Tellius.
3. Multiple points of view. Lots of FE games have sort of touched on this. This is kinda related to routesplits/decision making but the best examples are not: namely being FE10 and Gaiden, in which you just go through entirely different parties as a part of the game, and I think that's awesome. The next closest is FE8 which I also praised above. Fates kinda does it at the start but just seeing different thirds of the game, and ultimately all of the sides end up Corrin-focused anyway, so it's not that different. FE7 also has a few different maps between Eliwood and Hector mode, which is nice but not super involved, and Lyn mode, which would be great if Lyn mode sucked less. Lastly, FE4 does put you with two different parties, but it's a bit different because of the time difference.
Summary: Meaningful playthough-changing decisions, base conversations, and different perspectives. All of these are sort of present in Fates but they're underdeveloped or done in a less interesting fashion. Also of note, one thing I am really excited about is that from what little of Three Houses we've seen, all three of these things actually look like they're something that's being considered- hopefully in a deep way and not just skimming the surface. I really hope Three Houses is good and I think it has the potential to be super exciting.

4) I'll do a countdown for this.
5. The music. There's so much. It's great.
4. The stages. There are so many, and I didn't play much smash Wii U so some of them are pretty fresh to me, and being able to play on a bunch of different stages with friends is fun.
3. Online play. Of course. 3ds had this but everyone played smash Wii U more so after the first month it took active organizing to get 3ds games going with friends.
2. The newcomers and redesigns. No Isaac is super disappointing and if he was in this would probably be number one, but Simon and Richter look hype, as do Incineroar, Ridley, King K. Rool, and the prospect of Ganondorf not sucking.
1. SNAAAAAAKE

5) The latter two, I think.

2 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Sup, Rein.

1. Why are you the People's Champion?

2. Any upcoming games you're looking forward to?

3. First/current impressions?

1) Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them- a desire, a dream, a vision. They have the skill, and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. -Muhammad Ali

this doesn't really answer your question

2) Catch these hands in smash ultimate (not actually my hands they hurt right now). Also Three Houses. That's about it as far as near-future stuff.

3) I didn't really know you until relatively recently but you're super friendly and fun to talk with. Even if dueling Grimnir is destined for failure.

Edited by Reinfleche

Nominations:
1: Innocentmask

The nomination period will be extended until next Tuesday due to lack of nominations.

15 hours ago, ChefGuevara said:

Tryhard

Tryhard has already been interviewed (#97). 
You may nominate someone else instead.

1. Favorite video game series?
  2. Opinion on fighting games?
  3. Favorite music genre?
  4. How did you pick your profile pictures and why did you choose them?
  5. Will you be lifting the question limit?

1. Megaman games.

2. I suck at them. Fighting games are eh. The fighting games that seem to fit me are beat em up games, one in particular would be Senran series. I do also enjoy smash as well. Street fighter, Tekken, Mainstream fighters, they are way too basic I would say. Also the fact you do certain buttons to make moves. They are kinda unbalanced, Smash has interactive environments which i like. 

3. Game music, I find mainstream music to be forgettable.

4. Find them on google simple. Usually my profile picks relate to something my fave series. 

5. Nope.

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:
  1. Favorite video game series?
  2. Opinion on fighting games?
  3. Favorite music genre?
  4. How did you pick your profile pictures and why did you choose them?
  5. Will you be lifting the question limit?

Edited by Innocentmask

1. Thoughts/Opinions on Star Wars?
  2. Something you thought you weren't going to like, but ended up enjoying?
  3. Something you both love and hate?
  4. If someone was interested in getting into a genre/series (of your choice), what video-game/movie/book/anime etc. would you recommend them to try first?
  5. If someone was interested in getting into a genre/series (again, of your choice), what video-game/movie/book/anime etc. would you tell them to stay the heck away from?

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:39 PM, Innocentmask said:

Street fighter, Tekken, Mainstream fighters, they are way too basic I would say

Um, please define "basic."

I. Which of the classical and Chinese elements are your favorite?

II. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you most relate to?

III. How were you introduced to Fire Emblem?

IV. How were you led to Serenesforest?

V. Hot or cold?

On 2018-12-14 at 12:13 AM, Rex Glacies said:

I. Which of the classical and Chinese elements are your favorite?

II. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you most relate to?

III. How were you introduced to Fire Emblem?

IV. How were you led to Serenesforest?

V. Hot or cold?

1. Metal

2. Sin: Envy, Virtue: Justice.

3. I was bored and decided go dwelve into the Fire emblem universe.

4. I wanted to join an FE community and so there i searched for that.

5. Hot.

On 2018-12-13 at 8:30 AM, Karimlan said:

Um, please define "basic."

Might not be the best description but all i can say is not interactive.

On 2018-12-12 at 12:12 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Hey Mega Man is cool.

Who's your favorite robot master?

Does the use or omission of a space in names ever mess you up?

My favourite robot master would be Acid man. Fits my personality of a crazed genius.

No the omission of space in names haven't messed me up.

On 2018-12-11 at 7:57 PM, Hawkwing said:
  1. Thoughts/Opinions on Star Wars?
  2. Something you thought you weren't going to like, but ended up enjoying?
  3. Something you both love and hate?
  4. If someone was interested in getting into a genre/series (of your choice), what video-game/movie/book/anime etc. would you recommend them to try first?
  5. If someone was interested in getting into a genre/series (again, of your choice), what video-game/movie/book/anime etc. would you tell them to stay the heck away from?

1. Star wars i used to like during my young days but my like for it has drained down because i've felt it was aging.

2. Something i wasn't going to like, but ended up enjoying was Minecraft. Thought it was overrated but then decided to try it and it was a good sruvival game. Just that the community over-glorifies it.

3. Cell phones, ok they have a great concept but it’s that people seem to use it for a different use now. People now pretty much stare at it for days which is pretty mortifying to me. More on a possible later thread. I get the technology it’s great but just that it’s overused.

4. If someone was interested in getting into a horror game (That counts i guess?): I would choose Silent hill PS1.

5. If someone was interested in getting into a horror game: I would choose not to go with Slender. 

Edited by Innocentmask
The question “something love and hate” was changed from Pokémon to cellphones. I felt it was more fitting.

2 minutes ago, Innocentmask said:

My favourite robot master would be Acid man. Fits my personality of a crazed genius.

No the omission of space in names haven't messed me up.

I see. On that note, ever played the Battle Network subseries? I don't think the names have spaces there and I have trouble keeping which series uses which rule straight.