SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

How would family and real life friends describe you, personality-wise?

How do you feel about being interviewed twice for the SF interviews?

Do you have any advice for people on how to be interviewed twice for the SF interviews (or even once, for those unlucky enough)?

What's your least favourite food?

What TV shows did you grow up with as a kid?

Besides open-mindedness, what personality traits do you value?

Did you have any weird fears as a kid? (Eg; clowns, dolls, puppets)

So are you and sunday a couple or something? It seems like it, but I'm completely lost and clueless on inter-SF relationships.

First and current impressions of me?

Between hero or villain, what would you say the below image is?

godspeed_tribute_by_xavor85-da2q5tz.jpg

Edited by Randoman

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

6.What three historical figures would you most like to go on a road trip with?
7.What three fictional heroes would you most like to go on a road trip with?
8.What three fictional villains would you most like to go on a road trip with?
9.Is humanity awesome, monstrous or completely irrelevant (please only select one)?
10.A Mega Pokémon you'd like to see? 

6. Benjamin Franklin, John Lennon, and Muhammad Ali.  I went for a more relaxed group of people so I wouldn't be stressed out the whole way.

7. Towa Herschel (Trails of Cold Steel), Feena (Ys), Erika Russel (Trails in the Sky).  I'm not going to hang out with dudes if I don't have too!

8. Godot (Phoenix Wright), Joshua (The World Ends With You), and Captain Qwark (Ratchet & Clank).  I went with people who wouldn't kill or worse, bore me.  I'm not entirely sure if the first two count as villains, but I had a hard enough time coming up with this list as it is.

9. Humanity is fucking awesome.  It's really easy to only notice its failings, but if you make an active attempt to look around, you'll find many more examples of it being great.  Overall, I'd say that it's been a great success.

10. Mega Eevee, although I already mentioned that.  Another one I'd really like to see is Mega Rotom, just to see all of the variations on its different forms.

8 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

1. Favorite of the classical and Chinese elements?

2. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you relate to the most?

3. How were you introduced to Fire Emblem?

4. Do you have a favorite history or mythology to learn about?

5. Do you consider yourself a dreamer and theorist or do you stick to the facts and are down to earth?

(No idea if these questions have been asked before.)

No worries, none of them have been asked before.  Honestly, I'd be too lazy to read through all of my responses as well haha.

1. Favorite classical is fire because it generally represents things like determination and passion, both of which I lack but I think are very cool!  Favorite Chinese is also fire, for the same reason.

2. Sloth, because I have a very hard time getting motivated to do work.  Humility, because I have the lowest opinion of myself when compared to anyone I know.

3. A friend was playing Fire Emblem (GBA) in Middle School, and it looked similar to Shining Force (a game that I had previously played and thought was the coolest shit).  When I got my DS, I noticed a copy of Sacred Stones on the shelves, so I got that with it.  I liked it so much that I got a GameCube to play Path of Radiance, and later picked up FE7 as well.

4. Not particularly, although I enjoy learning about mythology in general.

5. I generally stick to the facts and am down to Earth.  I'm far too cynical to consider myself the former.

2 hours ago, sylveonzoroark said:

7. Do you like jellyfish??
7a. If so what's your favorite jellyfish?
8. Favorite Zelda game?
9. happy birthday refa!
10. Would you ever go skydiving?
11. What is your biggest pet peeve?

7. When I was a kid, a jellyfish stung my mom.  I was afraid to go on the beach for the longest time because of that.  So...probably not.

7a. Deepstaria, just because it looks hilarious to me.  Anything that's not a Man O' War is okay with me, too.  Those things are terrifying.

8. Link's Awakening, because it was really charming and melancholy at the same time.  I haven't gotten past the 50% mark in any Zelda game though (and that was for Link to the Past).  In the case of Link's Awakening, I think I just got to the first dungeon.

9. I'm fairly sure that it's not my birthday, but thanks anyways!

10. No, my parents did it when I was roughly 6 years old and I thought it was the most terrifying thing ever.  Still do, thanks acrophobia.

11. People talking to me when I want to be left alone.

2 hours ago, unique said:

14. what is your favorite color

15. what have you done that you're most proud of? you don't have to answer this if you don't want to though, I've been asked this a few times and I never know the answer

16. do you play music? if you don't, are there any instruments you'd like to play?

17. alright so i remember someone made a thread about the new samurai jack and you said you hadn't watched samurai jack before and something about metal gear rising and i was like "i agree cause you mentioned metal gear rising but also because i never watched it either"

have you seen the new samurai jack??? cause i saw 3 of the four new episodes so far and i really liked them even though ive never seen the old show. if you havent you should watch it its pretty cool

18. do you have any pets? if you don't, do you want any pets?

19. who is your favorite celebrity?

20. i'm sorry refa

14. Blue.  In particular, I prefer the lighter shades, like hex code #6666.

15. I can't think of anything either, sorry.  That's kinda depressing when I think about it.

16. I don't, but playing the guitar would be pretty cool.

17. I've actually started watching the old Samurai Jack series in anticipation of the new one and it's really good!  Hopefully I can finish that up soon.

18. No, and I don't particularly want any pets.  Not because I don't like animals, but I'd be a horrible caretaker and I wouldn't wish that on any of them.

19. George Takei.  I really respect him, and he has a great voice as well.  What's not to like?

20. I accept apologies in the form of US currency.

2 hours ago, Koneko said:

10. Describe yourself with three characters (basically choose three characters that represent you in personality)

I'm fairly detached and cynical, so I always feel like there's something wrong with me even if it's not necessarily true (Joshua (Trails in the Sky)),  I have a hard time communicating with people and mostly prefer to stay alone (Neku (The World Ends With You)), and despite all of that, I'm fairly personable when I do decide to speak (Dante (Devil May Cry)).

2 hours ago, sunday said:

51. oh yeah happy birthday refa!!

52. do you have a favourite flower

53. prettiest

Reveal hidden contents

e0d9c46d24.png

54. prettiest

Reveal hidden contents

7fbc4607f5.png

55. prettiest

Reveal hidden contents

3c0a29bc6f.png

51. It's still not my birthday, but thanks anyways!

52. Hibiscus.  They look nice, but I just really, really like the name of the flower.

53. The one on the far right, she has a great smile and looks somewhat approachable.  I didn't pick your avatar on purpose, I swear.

54. The one in the middle, I think I just like her hair the most.  They all look like they want to punch me. =(

55. Horse face, it's the best mask.

1 hour ago, PKLucas531 said:

1. red saber or blue saber w/ your current knowledge (ie. no wikiing if you feel like you don't know/misremember things)

1. Red Saber because she's Nero and I remember she had a hilarious conversation about harems (could be wrong though).

18 minutes ago, Randoman said:

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

How would family and real life friends describe you, personality-wise?

How do you feel about being interviewed twice for the SF interviews?

Do you have any advice for people on how to be interviewed twice for the SF interviews (or even once, for those unlucky enough)?

What's your least favourite food?

What TV shows did you grow up with as a kid?

1. Detached.  I have an incredibly hard time getting emotionally invested in anything, which IMO is to my detriment.  Other than that, I'm a fairly accepting and chill person, so decently amicable as long as you don't get under my skin for whatever reason.

2. My cousin once described me as "really boring, but can be really fun when he actually decides to talk".  She probably had the right of it.

3. I don't really get why people are interested in or care about me, but I'm very flattered regardless.

4. Yeah, send me a PM to remind me to ask you questions because chances are, I forgot/was too lazy and that's a damn shame.

5. Spinach.  It's not enough that I hate the taste itself, but it's the slimiest food ever and I feel like throwing up every time I eat it.

6. Danny Phantom, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Kim Possible, and Spongebob are what come to mind.  Honestly, I still like all of them now, so I had good taste.

So are you and sunday a couple or something? It seems like it, but I'm completely lost and clueless on inter-SF relationships.

1.Impressions?

2.Why do you consider yourself cynical when you're optimistic about humanity in general?

3. What are you favourite strategy games?\

4.Favourite sport?

o man refa i cant really respond to your individual answers bc i accidentally asked like 50 oops but im really happy and grateful that you put so much thought into your answers and even explaining the rationale behind them when i forget to add "why" tbh u've always been mysterious to me but now i feel like im gettin to KNOW know u and it feels great thank u for existing

12. Weirdest dream you've had?
13. What's your favorite mushroom??
14. What languages do you speak?
15. What languages would you like to learn?
16. Favorite cat breed?
17. What is your favorite fruit?
18. What's your favorite subject and why?
19. Favorite number?
20. Are you a morning person?

11 minutes ago, sunday said:

o man refa i cant really respond to your individual answers bc i accidentally asked like 50 oops but im really happy and grateful that you put so much thought into your answers and even explaining the rationale behind them when i forget to add "why" tbh u've always been mysterious to me but now i feel like im gettin to KNOW know u and it feels great thank u for existing

same

14 hours ago, Randoman said:

Reveal hidden contents

7. Compassion, Courage, Passion, and Rational, at least according to this list of personality traits I dug op.

8. I wasn't afraid of anything as a kid.  I'm pretty sure I have more weird fears now, actually.

9. Not that I know of.

First: Your topics really annoyed me, and it felt like you just didn't get people.

Current: I don't see your posts as much, but you seem a lot more mellow than you used too.  It's an improvement, so keep up the good work.

11. Hero, because colour schemes of white/gold tend to be good guys more often than not.

15 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

1.Impressions?

2.Why do you consider yourself cynical when you're optimistic about humanity in general?

3. What are you favourite strategy games?\

4.Favourite sport?

First: I don't actually remember my first impressions of you!  I often got you mixed up with Retyl, though (similar Skype names), so probably not much at first.

Current: We don't talk as much, but when we do you bring up interesting topics (or just COOL GAMES that I need to play), and it's always thought provoking.  Also we have a lot of similarities personality wise, so that's cool as well.

2. I probably used the word wrong, I moreso meant that I was a skeptic.  I want to believe whatever people are saying, but it's hard for me to do so until I have proof.  I've already seen enough proof of how humanity is pretty great despite all of its failings, which is why I have that belief in it.  Also, I'm pretty sure it's a main characterish thing to believe in the power of humanity or something, and there is no one more main characterish than I, Lord Refa.

3. Besides Fire Emblem?  Final Fantasy Tactics is the only one that comes to mind.  You can customize your characters so much that it feels like a different game every time you play, even though you have a relatively small cast.

4. Underwater basket weaving, because it's hilarious that that even exists.

14 hours ago, sunday said:

yeah, i figured peoples' curiosity wouldn't be satisfied with just a direct answer, so i tried to provide explanations where i could.  sounds like it worked, which is good!

14 hours ago, sylveonzoroark said:

12. Weirdest dream you've had?
13. What's your favorite mushroom??
14. What languages do you speak?
15. What languages would you like to learn?
16. Favorite cat breed?
17. What is your favorite fruit?
18. What's your favorite subject and why?
19. Favorite number?
20. Are you a morning person?

same

12. I've had some pretty fucked up dreams, but I can't actually remember most of them.  There was this trippy dream I had when I was a lot younger, though.  It was my birthday party, and I was sitting on a small table alone.  My grandmother sat down and handed me my present.  Unfortunately, the present was a BEEHIVE wtf and all of the bees started swarming out and everything.  Clearly the shock was too much for my young mind to handle, cause I woke up after that.

13. This.

14. Only English.  I took French in High School, but I barely remember any of it nowadays.

15. Japanese, because I'd be able to play a lot more games that I'm interested in and it might even help land me a job.

16. Tigers, because I don't really know traditional cat breeds.

17. Pomegranate, although I don't really eat many fruits these days.

18. Psychology, because I used the class as a free period and really, that's the best kind of class.

19. 108, because it's the convergence point for many things and that's awesome.  Also it's how many stars of destiny there are at any one given point.

20. Definitely not, but my sleep schedule alternates from me waking up at 4-7AM to me waking up at 2-4PM.

same

21 hours ago, Refa said:

1. Red Saber because she's Nero and I remember she had a hilarious conversation about harems (could be wrong though).

cool I now know one more thing than the none I did before

I just imagine her as doing all of the things real nero did tbh it works for me

21 hours ago, Randoman said:

they're happily married with fifteen kids and twenty grandchildren

1 hour ago, PKLucas531 said:

I just imagine her as doing all of the things real nero did tbh it works for me

Honestly, I don't even know what real Nero did!  I think he was the first Space President of China, if I'm not mistaken.

1 hour ago, sylveonzoroark said:

21. Have you ever painted with acrylics?
22. What about oil paint?
23. What kind of art do you like?
24. Ice cream in a bowl or in a cone?
25. opinion on this painting?

21. Yeah, but the last time I did was in High School.

22. I never have, honestly.  Also I'm not quite sure what exactly oil paint is, whoops.

23. Artwork of cute girls, obviously.  It's actually the sixth basic necessity or life, and I do love living.

24. In a cone.  In a bowl is fine if I'm feeling lazy, but I don't get that visceral enjoyment from eating it.

25. I like it!  I'm not sure if it was the intent, but the trees look really otherwordly.  That combined with the sunset and the lights lends the whole piece a really ethereal feeling.  It's also kinda melancholy because there's a lonely bench with noone sitting on it, but I'm probably just reading too deeply into things on that one.

11.First Fire Emblem game you ever played?
12.A new class you'd like to see introduced into the series?
13.On a scale of 1-10, how underappreciated is Glade (aka, the least popular Fire Emblem character by vote)?
14.Would you ever play an Iron Man mode in Fire Emblem (ie, the opposite of casual where you can't even reset upon character deaths)?
15.Say something nice about your least favourite Fire Emblem game.

11. Who was your favorite character in Psycho Pass?

12. What was your favorite film?

13. What fears do you have that you would want to get rid of?

14. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?

15. What is your most treasured possession?

19 minutes ago, Refa said:

25. I like it!  I'm not sure if it was the intent, but the trees look really otherwordly.  That combined with the sunset and the lights lends the whole piece a really ethereal feeling.  It's also kinda melancholy because there's a lonely bench with no one sitting on it, but I'm probably just reading too deeply into things on that one.

Thanks! Otherworldly was indeed the intent i'm glad that it translated well onto the canvas. tbh part of the reason there's no people in the thing is because i just can't draw people. I suppose it does look kinda melancholy though.

26. Have you read any of Kafka's books?
26a. If so, what did you think of them?
27. Who is your favorite author?
28. What is your opinion on centipedes and millipedes?
29. Do you like bubble tea?
30. Saturn or Jupiter?

23 hours ago, Jotari said:

11.First Fire Emblem game you ever played?
12.A new class you'd like to see introduced into the series?
13.On a scale of 1-10, how underappreciated is Glade (aka, the least popular Fire Emblem character by vote)?
14.Would you ever play an Iron Man mode in Fire Emblem (ie, the opposite of casual where you can't even reset upon character deaths)?
15.Say something nice about your least favourite Fire Emblem game.

11. First Fire Emblem game I played was Sacred Stones.  Considering my only prior experience with the genre was Shining Force, I definitely appreciated how the game gave me an easy outlet to grind.  Funnily enough, I knew Seth was good but I didn't use any of the other prepromotes.

12. A werewolf would be cool.  I'm not sure how it'd mechanically work, maybe similar to FE3 dragons.

13. 5.  He's a pretty cool dude, but I appreciate him more for being Finn's bro/heterosexual life partner over his own merits.

14. Yeah, I've done Iron Man runs of FE7 and FE8 already (and the FE7 one was a blind HHM run, to boot).  It'd be great if there was an official mode for that, because I don't want to have to rely on my self control to prevent a reset.  Also if it's a legit mode, it could be better balanced and give you some rewards if you manage to complete it.

15. Revelations has some fairly amusing interactions between the Hoshidans and the Nohrians.

23 hours ago, eclipse said:

Best girl in the Trails series?

2. Estelle the Wallcrusher Bright.  Part of the reason I stuck with the series after suffering through Nightmare Mode was just seeing how she'd react to things.  She changed from being "really entertaining" to "one of my favourite characters" in SC, though, where she's more mellowed out.  Still, asking this question makes you pretty evil IMO.  Honorable mentions go out to Anelace Elfead, Sharon Kreuger, Sara Valestein, Claire Riedvelt, and of course, Erika Russell. EDIT I forgot Fie.

23 hours ago, Koneko said:

11. Who was your favorite character in Psycho Pass?

12. What was your favorite film?

13. What fears do you have that you would want to get rid of?

14. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?

15. What is your most treasured possession?

11. EDIT I forgot to answer this question, sorry!  It's definitely Shogo Makashima.  I thought I had his character figured out from episode 1 (your standard evil pretty boy), but he definitely turned that around as time went on.  He's actually a huge philosophy nerd and his thoughts on how the Sibyl system is restricting what makes humanity beautiful really resonated with me.  Additionally, you could tell how he came to have those philosophies after being considered less than human his whole life, thanks to being criminally asymptomatic.  Also, something I liked was how he was still undoubtedly a villain, considering the extremes he took his philosophy too.

12. Already said my favourite movie overall (although that might be coloured by recency bias), but as far as movies with real people go, probably...Star Wars?  Episode V, to be exact.  I like how they managed to depict this very surreal setting and make it feel grounded at the same time.  The plot also picked up in this movie and got less predictable, which is why I appreciate it more than its predecessor (and its more subdued than its relatively action packed sequel).  I used to watch the Star Wars films with my family on New Years, so there's a lot of nostalgia there as well.

13. Social anxiety; if I didn't have that, my life would be a million times better.

14. Japan, because it's such a fascinating culture and I am a huge nerd at the end of the day.  Of course, I don't understand Japanese, so that might be inconvenient....Hmm, probably California, if the former isn't viable.  A lot of people that I know live nearby, so it'd be very convenient for me.

15. I don't have any possessions with any sentimental value, unfortunately.

23 hours ago, sylveonzoroark said:

Thanks! Otherworldly was indeed the intent i'm glad that it translated well onto the canvas. tbh part of the reason there's no people in the thing is because i just can't draw people. I suppose it does look kinda melancholy though.

26. Have you read any of Kafka's books?
26a. If so, what did you think of them?
27. Who is your favorite author?
28. What is your opinion on centipedes and millipedes?
29. Do you like bubble tea?
30. Saturn or Jupiter?

Whew, glad I passed that test then.

26. Yeah, I've read The Metamorphosis and watched an adaptation as well.

26a. Shezzy brought this up the other day, but the message of a dude who thinks he's worthless and the rest of the world affirming that belief was pretty depressing; not exactly something I can approve of.  I haven't read it in a while, though, so I don't really have any other thoughts beyond that.

27. Jonathan Stroud.  He made this series of books called the Bartimaeus trilogy which takes place in an alternate history of London where they reign supreme with magic.  While the alternate history stuff was interesting (especially when they talk about America), what really interested me was the main character, a young magician named Nathaniel, and how he changed through the series.  Also the titular character, a Djinn named Bartimaeus, was always entertaining as well.  Something else I appreciated was how the series was narrated from two points of view (the second book introduced a third point of view in the form of the tritagonist, the commoner Kitty), so you could better understand the characters' thought processes.  The books also didn't follow a linear timeline throughout their chapters, so it could be hard to follow at times; that's what rereading is for, though!  It's actually been forever since I've read the books, and I don't really want to get into the specifics.

28. They're cool, but they'd probably terrify me if I actually saw one in person.

29. I don't even know what bubble tea is!  Sounds carbonated, but that can't be right.

30. Jupiter, because I want to see what Spring is like there.

Edited by Refa

We probably don't talk as much because I use skype more than discord while you like discord more.

1.Tbh I didn't think you were the optimistic type. Since you say that we're similar, we need to talk sometime about our VIEWS ON HUMANITY. My pessimism vs your optimism. Whaddya say?

2.Should I watch Little Witch Academia?

3.Do you like university more than school? If so, why? Would you prefer working instead?

4.What are your top 5 mafia moments?

5.If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

6.What element do you think fits you the most?

On 4/12/2017 at 11:52 PM, Randoman said:

lmao nah i just really love everyone =)

56. would u ever dye your hair

57. any abnormal or unique habits?

58. do you prefer to hide or seek

59. your favourite childhood game??

60. pick a number 1-13 this is rly important

61. your favourite avatar youve had so far??

62. favourite fictional character?

63. what kind of traits in fictional characters do you tend to like

64. favourite clothing pattern?

65. seemingly useless things you like to keep around you anyway??

also i noticed ur response to kittys 3-character question and frankly im disappointed that you didnt pick joshua for twewy as well "why" itd be funny