SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

Nightmare has informed me that he's ready for his re-interview.
His interview will start later today, at the end of the current nomination phase.
The winner of the current nomination phase will have their interview immediately after Nightmare's, from Sunday the 22nd to Friday the 28th.
That interview will then be followed by an extended nomination phase, from Friday the 28th to Tuesday the 2nd.

Nominations:
3: King Marth 64
2: Rex Glacies
1: Dragoncat
1: Carmine Sword

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

How would your family members and real life friends describe you, personality-wise?

What personality traits do you value most?

What were some of the very first video games you played as a kid?

Are you lifting the 5 question per post limit for your interview?

1. hi nightmare!!!!

2. are you excited to be interviewed???

3. are you ready for kim to ask you like, 200 questions

4. i'll think of actual questions later i just wanted to say hi

5. :ihatemondays:

1 hour ago, Randoman said:

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

How would your family members and real life friends describe you, personality-wise?

What personality traits do you value most?

What were some of the very first video games you played as a kid?

Are you lifting the 5 question per post limit for your interview?

Boring, calm.

Unemotional, calm.

Kindness, charity, loyalty, patience, temperance, humility, diligence.

King's Valley, Super Mario Bros., Street Fighter II, Revenge of Shinobi, Mortal Kombat, Sonic the Hedgehog, Circus Charlie, etc. etc.

Yes.

1 hour ago, unique said:

1. hi nightmare!!!!

2. are you excited to be interviewed???

3. are you ready for kim to ask you like, 200 questions

4. i'll think of actual questions later i just wanted to say hi

1. hi maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

2. KIND OF

3. oh yes

4. hi

1. omg hi natemare how are you xD
2. What is your opinion on jellyfish??
3. Which country's history interests you most?
4. What does your ideal world look like?
5. First/current impressions of me?
6. Favorite thing to wear?
7. Have you ever painted a thing?
8. Favorite Elsword character?
9. Do you play Zelda? If so what's your favorite game??
10. What's your favorite food?

1. ARE YOU THE FIST OF THE NORTH STAR??????

2. CAN YOU FLEX??????????????????????????????

3. PLEASE POST YOUR FAVORITE FOOD DISHES

4. HOW DOES A MAN SELF IMPROVE HIMSELF?

5. HOW MUCH SPICY CAN YOU HANDLE?

What are some of your most unfavourite foods?

How good were you at Circus Charlie? I always got stuck at the trampolines and ropes (stage 5)

What inspired you to make your username Nightmare?

What are some of your favourite video game companies?

What TV shows did you grow up with as a kid?

What are some of your pet peeves?

1. First / current impressions?

2. What are your top 10 video game series?

3. Favorite dishes to cook?

4. Favorite artists?

5. Favorite Iranian film, if any? If not, favorite film in general?

6 hours ago, Kloe said:

1. opinions of:

a. ee06c1c24e.gif 

b. e67647148a.gif

2. dicks?

3. DICKS

4. what do you think of Mara?

5. impressions of me

1. :thumbsup:

2. dicks

3. DICKS

4. excellent design

5. first impression: some person, has nice avatars
current impression: nice girl who loves suku almost as much as I love t. rex. good conversational partner.

4 hours ago, sylveonzoroark said:

1. omg hi natemare how are you xD
2. What is your opinion on jellyfish??
3. Which country's history interests you most?
4. What does your ideal world look like?
5. First/current impressions of me?
6. Favorite thing to wear?
7. Have you ever painted a thing?
8. Favorite Elsword character?
9. Do you play Zelda? If so what's your favorite game??
10. What's your favorite food?

1. omg hi sylv I'm gr8 hbu xDDDDDDDD
2.  ILOVE JELLYFISH they are amazing creatures especially the lion's mane jellyfish which is like one of the largest creatures and the deepstaria which is like all kinds of whoa. They're fascinating creatures in general, with the way they work and their stingers and everything. And they're one of the few sea creatures who will greatly benefit from global warming. There's also the Japanese shrimp jellyfish, and then all the pretty glowy ones...and of course, the king of all jellyfish. These probably don't count, but honourable mention to them. Not actually a jellyfish, but honourable mention to the Portuguese man o' war. They're so cool.
3. Probably my homeland's, but otherwise I'm mostly interested in the histories I'm not very well acquainted with, such as most African countries that aren't Egypt, Central and South America and Central Asia. I really like the histories of China, Japan, India and Arabia, otherwise. The Middle East as a whole is probably my favourite.
4. I think this world is already ideal for me, in terms of the base requirements. I would just like people to be more understanding, tolerant and kind to each other. I'd like them to be less biased and more knowledgeable, more respectful and dignified, to know the limits of what's good and bad, and to think more before talking and rejecting and having kneejerk reactions. Safety guaranteed everywhere you go because no one is terrible any more. Something like that, probably, is my ideal world.
5. First: wth who is this new person in the chat lmao I think I've seen her before
Current: Cool, very nonchalant. Nice sense of humour. A little too secretive. Gotta open your heart duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude(tte).
6. Suits, overcoats, capes, complete with all the pizazz...that sorta thing.
7. I once painted in the international book fair. I painted a fiery skull in the depths of hell while all the other kids were painting nice scenery. We gave it to the people there so it would be displayed. I don't know what happened to it afterwards. I'd love to paint more and I probably will, especially since I marathoned The Joy of Painting. Ah, Bob Ross...
8. In terms of looks and stuff, it's probably Ciel. Guy knows how to dress. He has a pretty cool personality and voice too. I don't like the paedophilic undertones with him and Lu though...
9. I do! I haven't played most of the series, but my favourite is either Ocarina or Majora. That'll probably change once I continue my marathon of the series (I've finished Zelda 1, but stopped after I got to Zelda II; I have a suspicion I will enjoy the Game Boy games the most).
10. Gawrsh, choosing a favourite from so many good things (read: everything) is hard. I really like lasagne, though, but it's a specific type of cooking that does it for me. Not just any lasagne!

4 hours ago, Chen said:

1. ARE YOU THE FIST OF THE NORTH STAR??????

2. CAN YOU FLEX??????????????????????????????

3. PLEASE POST YOUR FAVORITE FOOD DISHES

4. HOW DOES A MAN SELF IMPROVE HIMSELF?

5. HOW MUCH SPICY CAN YOU HANDLE?

8ZxC6R.jpg

2. OF

:MUSCLE:

COURSE

:MUSCLE:

!!!!!!!!!!

3. There's a lot...I mentioned lasagne above, but I saved the rest for here! I love fesenjan, sushi, butter chicken, Peking duck, burgers, tomato soup with grilled cheese, shark fin soup, fried trout, caviar, a nice lobster, steak, shawarma, falafel...the list goes on!

4. A man must be virtuous and challenge himself to grow, but one cannot grow and self-improve without understanding first, so an attempt to understand must first be made. And growth must be controlled and balanced; if growth of character is imbalanced, it is akin to having a body part far larger than the others. This will obviously trouble the person in question, perhaps make it impossible to live well, or at all. Thus, by understanding and controlling (but not suppressing) oneself, healthy and balanced growth becomes possible, and one cannot grow without improving the self over time. But for all this to happen, the proper conditions must be met, and one must have the proper tools as well. What those are is up to every man to find out for himself. HOWEVER!!! This poem is really very good and related to the question, but translating it will take time. =( Look forward to it!!!

5. 2APLUN.jpg

By that scale, I can go about as far as hot or too hot before it becomes more painful than pleasurable.

3 hours ago, Randoman said:

What are some of your most unfavourite foods?

How good were you at Circus Charlie? I always got stuck at the trampolines and ropes (stage 5)

What inspired you to make your username Nightmare?

What are some of your favourite video game companies?

What TV shows did you grow up with as a kid?

What are some of your pet peeves?

Nothing really.

Pretty good. I managed to beat the game, in fact, and get to the second loop.

I had a self-insert called Nightmare. It stuck with me for the rest of my life.

I really love a lot of the big name companies, but mostly for their work in the past. Konami is maybe my favourite of them for being veritably huge and having an incredible output of games (especially during the mid-eighties till the entire 90s, my favourite period for them). Capcom in similar periods is also a big favourite, but I'm not as familiar with them. 80s to 90s Namco is also huge, I really love their arcade games from the time especially. Taito was one of the four devas of the arcades (alongside the aforementioned three) and I super appreciate them for their quality work there. Squaresoft made some really amazing things, especially in the entire 90s (especially especially late PSX output Square is like...WOW). Irem is an amazing company; despite its comparatively smaller lineup, they managed to make a lot of them into quality titles. SNK made some of the greatest fighting games ever that are still unmatched. Koei's earlier, historical and strategy-focused works (mostly or exclusively done by Kou Shibusawa, a huge history buff himself) were amazing in their own right. Sega was a juggernaut of innovation and made a lot of incredible games. And Nintendo, well...we all know what they've done for the industry and how great they were and are. There's a lot more I appreciate, but I'd be going on for a while if I don't stop now.

The original TMNT, Thundercats, Transformers, Batman: The Animated Series, Bionic Six, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, etc. etc.

I'm not fond of kneejerk reactions, or people who don't reply. There are probably some more, but I don't feel strongly about those either.

2 hours ago, Koneko said:

1. First / current impressions?

2. What are your top 10 video game series?

3. Favorite dishes to cook?

4. Favorite artists?

5. Favorite Iranian film, if any? If not, favorite film in general?

1. First: Seems like a good person. Would like to know better.
Current: YOU ARE NUMBER VON
IRAN NUMBER VON
USA
HAAAAAACK PTOOEY

2. That's a toughie! I'd say, in no particular order...

Spoiler

1. Castlevania: You all guessed it. There's a lot of impeccable design, gorgeous graphics, incredible music and much more going on in this series. What's not to like?

2. Gradius: The king of all shooting games. The one responsible for the SHMUP boom of the late 80s to the early 90s. With simple but deep mechanics, creative stages and excellent music, it's no wonder Gradius took the world by storm. Or at least, Japan.

3. SaGa: One of the most inventive and creative series out there. Goes a bit minimalist on the story side, but delivers wholesale in every other side. Complex and deep mechanics, amazing battle systems, transcendent soundtracks, great graphics and character art, and despite its minimalism, really immersive and thought-provoking stories, always hinting at a larger and more thoughtfully designed world/characters. Support the series by buying Romancing SaGa 2 on smartphones, and be on the look out for Romancing SaGa 3's enhanced smartphone port coming soon!

4. R-Type: Irem's flagship shmup is the grand daddy of memorizers, methodical games where the pattern of stages/enemies is key to mastering the game and winning. With a magnificent mechanic and incredible, visceral alien and body horror themes alongside its impeccable design, R-Type blasted its own way through to a dedicated audience despite Gradius' huge gravity, and reached its zenith with R-Type Delta.

5. Dragon Quest: Hailed as the king of comfort food video games (at least in Japan), Dragon Quest may not often make radical changes between each installment, but it does make for a consistently different and quality experience that, despite being thought of as being "traditional to a fault" actually avoids a lot of cliches and pitfalls that plague the rest of the genre.

6. Darius: Where Gradius had the simplicity and depth of strategy and R-Type had the methodical design, Taito opted to make their (not yet) flagship shmup series be more about creating worlds to immerse the player in. Gigantic, three screened arcade cabinet, headphone jacks, vibrating seats, charistmatic bosses based on aquatic creatures...it was a one of a kind game not only back then, but even now nothing has been able to come close or surpass that level of ingenuity (except for Taito's own Metal Black, but that's not a series...) and its sequels brought about a lot of different worlds that were still unmistakeably Darius, and all of them perfect in their own way. The greatest contributor to all of this was probably Hisayoshi Ogura (aka OGR) who crafted Darius' meticulous scores which lent their respective games 90% of the atmosphere and weight they have.

7. Final Fantasy: Maybe you knew this was coming, maybe you didn't. I don't think I need to say much about this series (even though parts of it are really badly misrepresented by its fans and detractors alike). Great stories, great characters, amazing music, simple but effective and enjoyable mechanics...the secret to this series is that every Final Fantasy game is good. Except maybe II.

8. Mana: Excellent action RPGs with gorgeous environments and vivid, three dimensional music that penetrates straight to your heart (at least for the SFC ones). On the mechanics side they can be a little all over, but it doesn't stop them from being massively fun.

9. Sonic the Hedgehog: Another that kind of speaks for itself. Loose, innovative, alternative, beautiful, funky and stylish. Sonic swept the video game market off its feet and it's no surprise when you think about it.

10. Ghosts 'n Goblins: Or MAKAIMURA as they call it in glorious Japan. Really creative environments and great atmospheric music to go with it! And I guess it's kinda hard too. It also gave birth to the spin-off series which starred Firebrand, everyone's favourite demon, and which eventually led to one of mankind's greatest triumphs, Demon's Crest.

By no means a final list. 10 isn't nearly enough to contain all the series I love. Also I may have gotten lazy with describing some of them whoops. But there you go!

3. Deep frying is pretty fun, but grilling is also great. I think I like doing stews and pasta the best though. I can't really name a particular dish, but those are all the general ones! I love cooking in general so I don't really discriminate.

4. Yoshitaka Amano, Ayami Kojima, Tomomi Kobayashi and Kazuma Kaneko are super high up there. I love all of their artses, Amano for his ethereal brush strokes, Kojima for the immortal and dark beauty of her creations, Kobayashi for the regal, dignified and beautiful designs, and Kaneko for...well, everything he does. There's also this person named 子猫 and that one is my top favourite artist, but they're pretty obscure so you probably don't know them.

5. This one! It's really great and funny, but you'd need to know a fair amount of Iranian/Islamic culture to get it.

46 minutes ago, Shadowess said:

i havent backlogged, apologies if there are repeats

1) HOLY SHIT WOW YOU'RE BACK HI

2) favorite book?

3) do you like baking?

4) favorite tea?

5) impressions i guess??

1) YEAH I'M BACK HI

2) Toss up between Bram Stoker's Dracula and To Kill A Mockingbird.

3) Very much! It's one of my favourite things to do, but I haven't done it in a while. The feeling of having the perfect pastry/bread, the aroma...it's just amore.

4) Black tea! I love Assam, but a very high quality Ceylon tea is excellent as well. I'd love to try some Chinese black teas as well, but they're sadly not available here.

5) First: I guess a new person or something
Current: Fun and a good conversationalist. Nice and patient. A good friend.

Edited by Nightmare

6. who said my love for suku isn't just as great as yours for T Rex?!
7. why are dicks awesome
8. what about butts
9. favourite beverage
10. question limit lifting or not?

1. Favorite of the classical and Chinese elements?

2. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you relate to the most?

3. How were you introduced to Fire Emblem?

4. How were you led to Serenesforest?

5. Do you have a favorite history or mythology to learn about?

First and current impressions of me?

What are your favourite games/game series from Taito?

What are your favourite games/game series from Konami not counting the Metal Gear, Metal Gear Solid, and Silent Hill series?

Are there any things you find so bad they're good? (eg: CD-I Zelda) If so, what are some of those things?

Are there any question types/topics in particular you hope to be asked about for your interview?

NIGHTMARE??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KENSHIRO VS GOKU WHO WINS?

Which is more disappointing, Souten no Ken or Steel Ball Run?

Have you ever seen Commander Breetai punk three ace pilots in their mecha with nothing but a lead pipe?

Impressions?

1.Greatest achievement  in life thus far?
2.Something you think is really good but I likely have never heard of?
3.What book are you currently reading?
4.Furthest you've ever been from home?
5.The most beautiful thing you have ever seen?

9 hours ago, Kloe said:

6. who said my love for suku isn't just as great as yours for T Rex?!
7. why are dicks awesome
8. what about butts
9. favourite beverage
10. question limit lifting or not?

6. I said it! Mwahaha.
7. that's just the way they are
8. they're okay
9. probably coke, but I love a lot of beverages...hot, it'd be tea (black) or coffee (also black), but cold it's coke, lemonade, strawberry lemonade, guava juice, sparkling fruit juice, or a bunch of others
10. lifted, go wild

9 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

1. Favorite of the classical and Chinese elements?

2. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you relate to the most?

3. How were you introduced to Fire Emblem?

4. How were you led to Serenesforest?

5. Do you have a favorite history or mythology to learn about?

1. Water and water, nobias.

2. Probably patience of the virtues, and gluttony or sloth of the sins.

3. I looked at the Smash Dojo during Brawl pre-release, and decided "I need to get into more of these Nintendo series so I can enjoy Brawl". Fire Emblem was among them, natch. I ended up not enjoying Brawl that much, but it was worth it.

4. I don't remember the exact details right now, but I think I was searching for FE artwork and it led me here. I joined a while after, but it wasn't until a month or two later that I actually could get into the community.

5. I've answered favourite history already more or less, so I'll say that Japanese mythology/folklore is excellent. It's very creative and full of variety, and there's something about all those woodblock prints that makes my heart tingle with delight.

9 hours ago, Randoman said:

First and current impressions of me?

What are your favourite games/game series from Taito?

What are your favourite games/game series from Konami not counting the Metal Gear, Metal Gear Solid, and Silent Hill series?

Are there any things you find so bad they're good? (eg: CD-I Zelda) If so, what are some of those things?

Are there any question types/topics in particular you hope to be asked about for your interview?

First: Verily, a person.
Current: A little awkward and oblivious, but not a bad guy. Don't know you that well though, so sorry if it's not thorough.

I mentioned probably my all-time favourite from Taito in the previous post (Darius), so I guess I'll say that my favourite Darius titles are the first one, Darius II, Darius Gaiden and G-Darius. The latter two are perfection itself, and the former two are really cool in some ways. Otherwise, I love Bubble Bobble (Bubble Symphony might be my favourite), Puzzle Bobble, Elevator Action Returns (incredible game), Night Striker, the Rastan Saga games, Ninja Warriors, KiKi KaiKai, Ray series (e.g. RayForce, etc.), Metal Black (divine), and Cleopatra Fortune, among many others.

You're fine because I haven't actually played Silent Hill yet (I really should...) and am not that fond of Metal Gear in the first place (though MGS1 holds a very special place in my heart). Besides Castlevania and Gradius (which includes the Salamander spin-offs, natch), which I mentioned in the aforementioned post, I really love Ganbare Goemon (the Super Famicom titles are especially amazing), Contra (Hard Corps is the best), Suikoden, Parodius (honestly, deserved a spot in my top 10 list), Thunder Cross, Xexex, Sunset Riders, Mystic Warriors, Metamorphic Force, Azure Dreams, Rocket Knight Adventures, Konami Wai Wai World, TwinBee, Snatcher, Space Manbow...and so much more. I'd be here all day if I went on.

Nothing in particular comes to mind right now. I'm usually not that much into the idea in the first place, but I'm sure there are a few I can't remember at the moment.

Not really anything in particular.

9 hours ago, Namekian With A Mustache said:

NIGHTMARE??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KENSHIRO VS GOKU WHO WINS?

Which is more disappointing, Souten no Ken or Steel Ball Run?

Have you ever seen Commander Breetai punk three ace pilots in their mecha with nothing but a lead pipe?

Impressions?

SIR CHARLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think Kenshiro would know Saiyan anatomy enough to hit Goku's pressure points, but he does know Muso Tensei. I'm not sure if Goku will be able to hit him during that, but I feel like he'll figure it out after a bit. By that point however, Kenshiro might also figure out Goku's pressure points. It's a tough call, but Kenshiro might edge out Goku a bit.

Gosh, that's a really tough one. Souten no Ken took a concept that worked best in a post-apocalyptic setting and ruined it by chaining it to a contemporary setting that had little else of interest, and Steel Ball Run is...well, Steel Ball Run. I'd probably go for Steel Ball Run if only for how slow, uninteresting and convoluted it gets, and it also has an edge over Souten no Ken in badness in the art style. While Souten no Ken is inferior to Hokuto no Ken in art (IMO), Steel Ball Run is just garbage compared to previous JoJos. Everyone became an expressionless, lanky super model, anatomy took a massive hit and sometimes made no sense at all and there's rarely ever anything that looks interesting and expressive (whether through facial expressions or body language) like in parts 1 through 4, and his panelwork took a hit too. While JoJo was very easy to follow before, it became progressively more and more muddled, and that's not even going into how boring and unengaging the characters and story are. I think if I managed to talk so much about how bad it is, then SBR takes the cake by far.

Unfortunately no, but I do have it downloaded! I will one day soon see Commander Breetai punk three ace pilots and tell you of my thoughts.

First: Why does he not like Tellius? That's lame. (circa 2008)
Current: Forget about Tellius, this guy is aces. Level-headed, respectful, reasonable, an independent thinker, loyal, and with great taste to boot. Also has the capacity to be a great conversational partner.

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

1.Greatest achievement  in life thus far?
2.Something you think is really good but I likely have never heard of?
3.What book are you currently reading?
4.Furthest you've ever been from home?
5.The most beautiful thing you have ever seen?

1. Living. I don't really have any other great achievements, but I don't really believe in having to achieve anything to live a good life.
2. Nahj al-Balagha.
3. Faust. I should pick up the slack though...
4. Saudi Arabia. Soon to be other places.
5. The universe and all that exists within it, but they are only a reflection of the true beauty.

5 hours ago, Reinfleche said:

1) nightmare

2) reinfleche

Edited by Nightmare

11 hours ago, Nightmare said:

1. omg hi sylv I'm gr8 hbu xDDDDDDDD
2.  ILOVE JELLYFISH they are amazing creatures especially the lion's mane jellyfish which is like one of the largest creatures and the deepstaria which is like all kinds of whoa. They're fascinating creatures in general, with the way they work and their stingers and everything. And they're one of the few sea creatures who will greatly benefit from global warming. There's also the Japanese shrimp jellyfish, and then all the pretty glowy ones...and of course, the king of all jellyfish. These probably don't count, but honourable mention to them. Not actually a jellyfish, but honourable mention to the Portuguese man o' war. They're so cool.

hi nate i'm gr8 2 xDDD

and omg thank u you're like the first person i've asked to really appreciate jellyfish i love you

11. Favorite classical author?
12. Do you play any instruments?
13. Favorite classical composer?
14. Do you prefer open-world or linear games more?
15. What's your favorite Pokemon and why?
16. What's your least favorite Pokemon and why?
17. What question do you want to be asked?
18. What is your opinion on kpop.
19. Do you utaite? If so who's your favorite?
20. Watercolor, oil, or acrylic?

21. Do you watch figure skating?
22. Do you agree that Kim Yuna deserved that gold medal in Sochi 2014?
23. Favorite galaxy other than the Milky Way?
24. Impression on Greek mythology?
25. Would you ever keep a pet jellyfish?
26. Vanilla, chocolate or strawberry?
27. Favorite dessert?
28. Do you prefer really cold or really hot weather more?
29. Do you follow politics?
30. What music genre do you like most?

6.What three historical figures would you most like to go on a road trip with?
7.What three fictional heroes would you most like to go on a road trip with?
8.What three fictional villains would you most like to go on a road trip with?
9.Is humanity awesome, monstrous or completely irrelevant (please only select one)?
10.A Mega Pokémon you'd like to see? 

(idk if these were asked so ignore it otherwise bud)

6. Name three characters that describe your personality.

7. What's your favorite anime character of all time?

8. What foods do you want to try the most?

9. Why are triceratops better than t-rexs?

10. What's your aesthetic?

6. opinions on CANNED FOODS?

7. if you ran a restaurant what would you theme it after?

8. opinions on the concept of eternal damnation?

9. what superpower would benefit humanity the most while not being too dangerous?

10. if the world had an APOCALYPSE do u think you could handle all the canned foods and rations