SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1: Obligatory "What is your first/current impression of me, if any?" question.

2: Aspirations in life?

3a: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?
3b: Opinion on kids in FE?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you love that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else loves?

@Hattusili I Are we still doing the 5 question max limit or 5 at a time, now?

8 hours ago, Leanne. said:

Opinions of the following:

a. 13f26d5e1b.gif 

b. 49f2b4fd55.gif 

c. yours truly, if any

a. Cute!
b. Also cute, but in a slightly goofier way than the above. It's probably the self-satisfied facial expression~
c. A Hakutaku of myself, you mean? I don't think I've ever actually seen one!
EDIT: Derp, I totally misread that. I dunno, have we interacted much? I mostly just lurk, so I might have forgotten about it. If I did, I'm sorry!

7 hours ago, Trisitei said:

Favorite season?

Any other game series besides touhou you find enjoyable?

Why the name scarlet?

Autumn! I prefer cool weather over the heat of summer, but winter is too cold for me. I also quite like rain, and autumn tends to have lots of it.
That aside, I also like how colorful the leaves become during this time of the year.

Lots of them, actually! Probably too many to actually list them all.
 - Fire Emblem is an obvious one!
 - I quite like the Ys series' fast-paced combat.
 - Hyperdimension Neptunia is awesome. The games themselves are solid, but the nerdy humor is the best.
 - Rosenkreuzstilette is lovely!
 - Likewise, I also quite like the Megaman series (the Zero sub-series especially) and Megaman-like games (like The Legend of Dark Witch, for instance) in general.
 - Games made by Orange Juice (like QP Shooting Dangerous!! or Sora) are also high up on my list.
 - I love the Metroidvania era of Castlevania games. The three DS titles are among my all-time favorites. I'm also one of the few people who quite enjoyed Castlevania 64 / Legacy of Darkness.
 - Not a series in the traditional sense, but I also quite enjoy atmospheric RPG-Maker games that focus on telling a story. I've played and enjoyed about half the translated games vgperson offers on her site.

The reason I chose the name Scarlet is actually quite silly. It's basically both a reference and a pun - obviously, there's Remilia, whose family name is Scarlet, but she also goes by the title "Scarlet Devil"... ...and I used to have a Koakuma avatar and signature for quite some time. Koakuma is a devil. You do the math. =P
Obviously I switched my avatar and signature eventually, but I decided to stick with the name because I simply like it.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

1: Obligatory "What is your first/current impression of me, if any?" question.

2: Aspirations in life?

3a: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?
3b: Opinion on kids in FE?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you love that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else loves?

1. I tend to notice your posts when I browse the forums and you seem pretty reasonable. I don't think we've ever really interacted beyond that? I mean, if we did, I evidently totally forgot about it.

2. With my health being in the state it is there really isn't much I can aspire to. I don't like thinking about the future.

3a. I don't mind kids; after all, that's what we all used to be at some point. However, I don't plan to have any myself.
3b. I like the concept and enjoy them from a gameplay perspective, but the way Awakening and Fates integrated them into the story was... suboptimal, to put it mildly.

4. Castlevania 64 probably fits the bill best. Out of all Castlevania games, I think it really nails the gothic atmosphere best.

5. I can't think of a game that I actually hate (other than Touhou LoLK, but as far as I'm aware not a lot of people liked that game), but I've grown extremely indifferent towards the Pokémon and Final Fantasy franchises over the years. They just seem dull and uninspired compared to so many other games out there.

3 hours ago, Chen said:

1. do you like hurting other people?

2. who is leaving messages on your answering machine?

3. where are you right now?

4. why are we having this conversation?

1. Does eating people count as hurting them?

2. I don't even have one!

3. In Gensokyo, as always~

4. Does this really qualify as a conversation if all you're doing is asking questions and all I'm doing is replying to them? :V

42 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

1: Favorite gaming system?

2: Favorite color?

3: Favorite FE protagonist?

4: Favorite movie?

5: Favorite book?

1. Nowadays, it's probably the PC. If that doesn't count, I'll have to say it's the Gamecube. So many gems on that one~

2. Red, as you might have guessed! Darker shades in particular. Crimson like blood~

3. Probably Ephraim.

4. I don't think I've actually watched TV in years, so I honestly can't remember if there was one I really liked.

5. As boring an answer as this probably is, I'll have to say it's the Harry Potter series. While I like reading, I don't really read a lot of books, so my knowledge about the world of literature is rather limited.

32 minutes ago, Eleanor Hume said:
  1. Can I assume that your UN has a certain Touhou reference?
  2. Opinion of Scarlet in FE14?
  3. Which languages can you speak?
  4. Favorite Touhou music theme?
  5. How would you motivate someone like me  who's interested in the Touhou shooters but is overwhelmed with the game speed?

1. Yes~
For a more detailed answer, simply scroll upwards a bit. =P

2. She's kind of boring, honestly. I also don't like the way Revelations handled her.

3. German and English~

4. Easily "3rd Eye - Satori Maiden", although "Septette for the Dead Princess" and "Primordial Beat ~ Pristine Beat" are up there, too.

5. Start with one of the easier games (probably PCB, IN, MoF or TD) on Easy difficulty and practice! Rome wasn't built in a day. Watching replays, whether your own or other people's, can also help a lot - you'll find it much easier to recognize patterns and how to deal with them when you're not busy dodging them at the same time.
...also, if speed is an issue, don't pick Marisa, as she's the fastest playable character and tends to have rather narrow shot spread. Reimu tends to be more beginner-friendly.

Edited by Scarlet

1.Greatest achievement  in life thus far?
2.Something you think is really good but I likely have never heard of?
3.What book are you currently reading?
4.Furthest you've ever been from home?
5.The most beautiful thing you have ever seen?

1 hour ago, Eleanor Hume said:
  1. Can I assume that your UN has a certain Touhou reference?

Possible trivia you might not know, but Touhou was actually referencing Agatha Criste with the phrase UN Owen.

Edited by Jotari

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

1.Greatest achievement  in life thus far?
2.Something you think is really good but I likely have never heard of?
3.What book are you currently reading?
4.Furthest you've ever been from home?
5.The most beautiful thing you have ever seen?

1. Achievements are overrated. I play games to have fun.

2. You might have heard about Yume Nikki, but unless you're into Japanese RPG Maker games, chances are you probably don't know about its various fangames. Two of these, .flow and especially Yume 2kki, are probably actually better than the original and quite enjoyable. You might not like them if you don't like atmospheric horror / surrealism games with a heavy focus on exploration, though.
Other than that, while they've gained a lot of popularity, I do believe the RPG-Maker games translated by vgperson can still be considered fairly obscure overall. Some of these games have made it to Steam by now, but my personal favorites are some of the ones that haven't - in particular, Wadanohara and The Great Blue Sea, as well as END ROLL.

3. None.

4. I've been to various other countries with my parents when I was a kid, but I don't think I've ever actually left the continent. So, a couple thousand kilometers, I think?

5. It really bothers me that I honestly can't think of anything. Am I a broken person?

6.What three historical figures would you most like to go on a road trip with?
7.What three fictional heroes would you most like to go on a road trip with?
8.What three fictional villains would you most like to go on a road trip with?
9.Say something nice about your least favourite Fire Emblem game.
10.A Mega Pokemon you'd like to see? 

8 hours ago, Hattusili I said:

The rule stays 5 questions per user max until I've made a definite decision.

For now though, it's up to Scarlet if they want to retain that question limit or lift it.

29 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Scarlet:

#6: Will be you be sticking to the 5 question limit?

I don't mind answering more if you're really that interested. Ask away~

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

6.What three historical figures would you most like to go on a road trip with?
7.What three fictional heroes would you most like to go on a road trip with?
8.What three fictional villains would you most like to go on a road trip with?
9.Say something nice about your least favourite Fire Emblem game.
10.A Mega Pokemon you'd like to see? 

6. The vast majority of historical figures honestly seem either too eccentric or intimidating to go on a road trip and have a good time with. Besides, most of them probably wouldn't be historical figures had they had the time to go on a road trip. :V

7. Now that's a tough one. I assume protagonists from media without some kind of conflict (and thus without something you could clearly label as "heroes" or "villains") don't count?
I guess I'll go with Marisa Kirisame, Nepgear and Shiroe. Marisa because she simply seems like an incredibly fun person to hang out with, Nepgear because she's really nice and reliable, and Shiroe because he's a magnificient bastard that I feel I can relate to.

8. I may be stretching the definition of "villain" here a little, but I'll go with Hime, Wario and Asgore. Hime and Asgore because they're actually genuinely nice people, and Wario because not only is he funny, he really just seems extremely selfish rather than actually evil.

9. I suppose FE4 has a decent story.

10. I don't even know which ones exist at this point; as I implied earlier, I stopped following the Pokémon hype quite a while ago.

8 hours ago, Trisitei said:

Something you like about were you live?

favorite music genres?

favorite music artists?

a big pet peeve of yours?

It's fairly calm and peaceful.

Hard to say, considering there are so many subgenres. Can't go wrong with Metal, though. I also really like gothic style pieces and music box arranges.

The first ones that come to mind are SYNC.ART'S, EastNewSound and Mohican Sandbag. For stuff that isn't Touhou-related, absolutely Yousei Teikoku. Rammstein is also worth mentioning, although I doubt they're very well known outside of Germany.

I hate having to repeat myself when speaking to someone.

7: Opinion on the name Rachel?

8: Opinion on Kilts?

9: Opinion on Petticoats?

10: Would you wear either?  (Sorry, I'm not sure if I've ever definitively seen your gender.)

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

7: Opinion on the name Rachel?

8: Opinion on Kilts?

9: Opinion on Petticoats?

10: Would you wear either?  (Sorry, I'm not sure if I've ever definitively seen your gender.)

7. It looks mundane, but it actually seems to be pretty uncommon. It's a decent name.

8. I'm honestly surprised so few people wear them. They strike me as men's obvious answer to women's skirts.

9. They're pretty nice. I like frilly clothing.

10. Yes~!

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

7. It looks mundane, but it actually seems to be pretty uncommon. It's a decent name.

8. I'm honestly surprised so few people wear them. They strike me as men's obvious answer to women's skirts.

9. They're pretty nice. I like frilly clothing.

10. Yes~!

Cool!

11: abb42b0d04282bc5031966c4a1a63be1_1024.jp

Don't feel obliged to answer, if you don't want to.  I just wanted to know if I have a fellow member of the petticoat club, or finally met a guy who likes wearing kilts.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Cool!

11: abb42b0d04282bc5031966c4a1a63be1_1024.jp

Don't feel obliged to answer, if you don't want to.  I just wanted to know if I have a fellow member of the petticoat club, or finally met a guy who likes wearing kilts.

I'll leave that to your imagination~!

7 minutes ago, Trisitei said:

Favorite sweet?

A guilty pleasure of yours?

Something you find annoying in fictional characters?

Do you eat meat? if so what's your favorite kind?

I really like chocolate filled with hazelnut-creme~

Hm... I guess roleplaying outside of RPs counts? I know it's immature and annoys a lot of people, but sometimes I get carried away a little, haha~

There are a lot of things I find annoying in fictional characters, but what I probably dislike most is protagonists who keep getting into "accidents" for fanservice, as well as ones who are just flat-out perverts. Bonus points if they're both at the same time.

Occassionally. I think I like lamb best, but I rarely ever get to eat any... Chicken is fine, too.