SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

7 Questions per post? Alright.

What were some of the very first video games that you played as a kid?

What TV shows did you grow up with as a kid?

What makes Shadow Dragon your favourite Fire Emblem game?

Aside from video game, TV show, and movie related videos, are there any specific kinds of youtube videos you like watching? (Eg: science experiment videos, animal videos, prank videos, etc.)

What would you say your best and worst personality traits are?

From what you played of Final Fantasy IV, who are your favourite characters so far? It can be either for their looks or personality.

From what you played of Final Fantasy IV, who are your favourite songs so far?

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Zera!

I. Favorite of the classical and Chinese elements?

II. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you relate to the most?

III. How were you introduced to Fire Emblem?

IV. How were you led to Serenesforest?

V. Do you have a favorite history or mythology to learn about?

VI. Fight or flight?

VII. What's the origin of the username Zera?

1 hour ago, Randoman said:

What were some of the very first video games that you played as a kid?
What TV shows did you grow up with as a kid?
What makes Shadow Dragon your favourite Fire Emblem game?
Aside from video game, TV show, and movie related videos, are there any specific kinds of youtube videos you like watching? (Eg: science experiment videos, animal videos, prank videos, etc.)
What would you say your best and worst personality traits are?
From what you played of Final Fantasy IV, who are your favourite characters so far? It can be either for their looks or personality.
From what you played of Final Fantasy IV, who are your favourite songs so far?

The SNES classics, Super Mario World and Zelda: ALTTP. Still among the best games Nintendo's made.
Spongebob Squarepants and some other cartoons.
I don't remember, but it was my first FE, and eventually led me to Advance Wars. 
On YT, I mostly watch gaming related channels, like - 

I'm not fit to judge myself, but I can try a Wikipedia Personality Trait Check.

Spoiler

Openness to experience - 3
Conscientiousness - 3
Extraversion - 2
Agreeableness - 4
Neuroticism - 3
Honesty-Humility - 3
Self-esteem - 3
Harm avoidance - 3
Novelty seeking - 3
Perfectionism - 4
Rigidity - 3
Impulsivity - 4
Disinhibition - 2
Psychoticism - 1
Obsessionality - 1

I don't like FFIV, so I have no answers for those questions.

2 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

I. Favorite of the classical and Chinese elements?
II. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you relate to the most?
III. How were you introduced to Fire Emblem?
IV. How were you led to Serenesforest?
V. Do you have a favorite history or mythology to learn about?
VI. Fight or flight?
VII. What's the origin of the username Zera?

I. Metal, I guess?
II. Sloth, Kindness.
III. A friend lent FE: Shadow Dragon.
IV. The same friend told me about this site, or I found it on my own.
V. Nope.
VI. Fright.
VII. A randomly generated name in Fate, which my brother and I enjoyed about a decade ago.

1. How good do you find Canvas Curse relative to the mainline Kirby games?
  2. Is any part of the "nostalgia blind" argument fair?
  3. Do you find Sin and Punishment-like games such as Wild Guns and Cabal to have any of the merit of Sin and Punishment itself?
  4. How much difficulty is too much difficulty?
  5. How little difficulty is too little difficulty?

In terms of the amount of posts you're hoping to get for your SF interview, how many pages worth of posts are you hoping to get? (I'm asking so I can call in more SF members to ask questions, if you feel like your interview is going slower than you hoped) The average amount of pages an interviewee usually gets is one and a half to two pages worth of posts.

What are the 3 hardest stages in Super Mario World, in your opinion?

What are the 3 hardest to find/access secret exits in Super Mario World, in your opinion?

Who are your favourite characters in Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger?

In regards to looks/personality/backstory only, who are your top 3 favourite male characters and top 3 favourite female characters in gaming?

Have there been any game series that you've been considering trying out that you haven't yet? (Eg: you've never played a Crash Bandicoot or LittleBigPlanet game before, but you'd be interested in trying it out)

Have you ever enjoyed something that's so bad, it's good? (Eg: playing a game so bad and glitchy, but you enjoying the game because of its glitches and how ridiculous it is)

1. What three words best describe you?

2. How do you think success should be measured?

3. Are there any unspoken social rules that you dislike?

4. What do you value the most: free time, recognition, or money?

5. Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?

6. Do you enjoy overcoming challenges, or do you prefer things to be easy? Why?

7. What are your pet peeves?

Spoiler

On 12/6/2017 at 8:56 PM, Reality said:
  1. How good do you find Canvas Curse relative to the mainline Kirby games?
  2. Is any part of the "nostalgia blind" argument fair?
  3. Do you find Sin and Punishment-like games such as Wild Guns and Cabal to have any of the merit of Sin and Punishment itself?
  4. How much difficulty is too much difficulty?
  5. How little difficulty is too little difficulty?

1. Canvas Curse is a good game, but I prefer the platformers because of the variety the copy abilities add.
2. I don't know what that argument is. Could you explain it?
3. If I had a PS4, I would've bought Wild Guns Reloaded ASAP, but I don't, so I didn't. Cabal looks really old so I'm not interested in it.
4. There is no such thing as "too difficult", unless it really is. Play Sayonara Umihara Kawase+ (Steam and PSV) to find your limit.
5. There is no such thing as "too easy", unless I'm basically pushing a win button.

12 hours ago, Randoman said:

1. In terms of the amount of posts you're hoping to get for your SF interview, how many pages worth of posts are you hoping to get? (I'm asking so I can call in more SF members to ask questions, if you feel like your interview is going slower than you hoped) The average amount of pages an interviewee usually gets is one and a half to two pages worth of posts.
2. What are the 3 hardest stages in Super Mario World, in your opinion?
3. What are the 3 hardest to find/access secret exits in Super Mario World, in your opinion?
4. Who are your favourite characters in Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger?
5. In regards to looks/personality/backstory only, who are your top 3 favourite male characters and top 3 favourite female characters in gaming?
6. Have there been any game series that you've been considering trying out that you haven't yet? (Eg: you've never played a Crash Bandicoot or LittleBigPlanet game before, but you'd be interested in trying it out)
7. Have you ever enjoyed something that's so bad, it's good? (Eg: playing a game so bad and glitchy, but you enjoying the game because of its glitches and how ridiculous it is)

1. I don't care how many posts I get, but I'll inform the SF Discord that I'm here. Although, I'm also there, so the interview is kinda pointless, isn't it?
2 & 3. I was unable to finish the Special World in Super Mario World, as the SNES does not play nice with the HDTV (input delay). I had some difficulty with Larry's Castle, because who put the checkpoint down there? I don't remember if I reached Awesome, but that level is awesome. You know you've made it when you're skating on single-tile ice platforms. As for the exits, I don't remember since it's been too long, but it matters not, as I would use the internet to find them anyway.
4. Dillon is my favorite character. He's a silent badass who should totally replace Sonic in Smash Bros. Gallo and Nomad follow.
5. Favorite male: Professor Layton, a true gentleman. Favorite female: Tie (Aqua from Kingdom Hearts) (Vivian from Paper Mario: TTYD)
6. I like games that fuse creativity and quality, but creativity in series is hard to find outside Nintendo. Nonetheless, I have heard very nice things about Doom 2016, and will likely try it when I get a Switch.
7. No. If a game is really bad, I stop having fun and start hitting the power button.

2 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

2. How do you think success should be measured?
3. Are there any unspoken social rules that you dislike?
4. What do you value the most: free time, recognition, or money?
5. Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
6. Do you enjoy overcoming challenges, or do you prefer things to be easy? Why?
7. What are your pet peeves?

2. Success should be measured by how successful you are; everyone knows that!
3. Nope.
4. Free time, followed by money, followed by recognition.
5. Introvert.
6. I like my pretend challenges hard, and my real challenges easy.
7. I don't have any, AFAIK.

Edited by Zera

If you've played Kirby's Dream Land 3, what did you think of the game as a whole?

What do you think of the Sonic series and fanbase as a whole? I mean, I hear you talk good about Sonic Rush and Colors, but not so much any other Sonic games. And I don't think I've actually ever heard you comment on the Sonic fanbase.

Aside from Nintendo and its subsidiaries like Treasure and Intelligent Systems, what would you say your top 3 favourite game companies are?

What would be the very first video games you'd let your future sons/daughters try out?

Are there any particular game genres that you really dislike or are bad at? (Eg: sports, first person shooters)

Who are some of your favourite Disney characters?

What's your favourite subject in school? (Eg: science, math, etc.)

18 hours ago, Zera said:

4. Dillon is my favorite character. He's a silent badass who should totally replace Sonic in Smash Bros. Gallo and Nomad follow.

Even without my Dillon's Rolling Western bias, I definitely agree with you on Nintendo giving more priority to actual 1st/2nd party characters in Smash and less 3rd parties. Sonic in particular has really been overstaying his welcome (especially as a guest character), and Sonic being prioritized for SSB4 over actual Nintendo Smash veterans like Mewtwo and Wolf is just ridiculous (even with Mewtwo being DLC, he should've been in the the base game over Sonic).

Hello

1: First/Current Impressions of me, if any?

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids and do you plan to have any?

4: A movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

5: A movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

6: Opinion on petticoats?

7: Opinion on kilts?

VIII. Hot or cold?

IX. Have you ever gone fishing?

X. Do you know your Myers-Briggs personality test, and if so, does it fit you?

XI. Eastern or Western dragon?

XII. Katana, broadsword, or scimitar?

XIII. Ever solved a Rubix Cube?

XIV. Samurai or ninja?

Spoiler

On 12/9/2017 at 12:15 AM, Randoman said:

1. If you've played Kirby's Dream Land 3, what did you think of the game as a whole?
2. What do you think of the Sonic series and fanbase as a whole? I mean, I hear you talk good about Sonic Rush and Colors, but not so much any other Sonic games. And I don't think I've actually ever heard you comment on the Sonic fanbase.
3. Aside from Nintendo and its subsidiaries like Treasure and Intelligent Systems, what would you say your top 3 favourite game companies are?
4. What would be the very first video games you'd let your future sons/daughters try out?
5. Are there any particular game genres that you really dislike or are bad at? (Eg: sports, first person shooters)
6. Who are some of your favourite Disney characters?
7. What's your favourite subject in school? (Eg: science, math, etc.)

1. Dreamland 3 has a fantastic soundtrack and way more ability/friend combinations than Dreamland 2. The only thing to complain about is how much the level design would improve by RTD. Are you excited for Cleaning Kirby's return in Kirby Star Allies?

2. Sonic games are pretty fun, except when they randomly land "Worst Game Ever" lists. It's a veritable rollercoaster of quality and I assume the fanbase is the same. I know they love their cringey OCs. My general attitude is like this -
"Are you a Sonic fan?"
"Me? Never! I just play a lot of Sonic games."
"Doesn't that make you a-"
"Shhhh! I'm not one of... them. Now, if you'll excuse me, I gotta go fast."

3. Jokes on you; Treasure's not a subsidiary of Nintendo. Other non-Nintendo developers I respect are -
[now defunct] Amusement Vision (F-Zero GX)
Choice Provisions Inc. (Bit.Trip Presents... Runner 2, Future Legend of Rhythm Alien)
Ganbarion (Pandora's Tower)
Image & Form (SteamWorld Heist)
Namco (Klonoa series)
Platinum (Bayonetta 1 & 2, Okami as Clover Studios)
Prope (Rodea the Sky Soldier)
Shin'en (FAST Racing NEO, Art of Balance)
Ubisoft (Rayman series, Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes)
WayForward (Shantae series, Mighty Flip Champs)

4. I don't care, as long as it's good.
5. I have an aversion to FPSs, which have been over-saturated for years. I don't play sports games at all.
6. The genie from Aladdin.
7. Math. It's so easy!

By the way, did you know there's a new DRW game coming out in Japan? It looks cool!

On 12/9/2017 at 10:01 PM, Rezzy said:

2: Aspirations in life?
3: Opinion on kids and do you plan to have any?
4: A movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?
5: A movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?
6: Opinion on petticoats?
7: Opinion on kilts?

2. I want to become a game designer/developer and drive Nintendo out of business.
3. Kids are okay. I don't have plans for one.
4. Pokemon. It will continue aging like a fine mold for decades.
6. Frilly!
7. Kilty!

On 12/10/2017 at 8:58 AM, Rex Glacies said:

VIII. Hot or cold?
IX. Have you ever gone fishing?
X. Do you know your Myers-Briggs personality test, and if so, does it fit you?
XI. Eastern or Western dragon?
XII. Katana, broadsword, or scimitar?
XIII. Ever solved a Rubix Cube?
XIV. Samurai or ninja?

VIII. I like it cool at night, warm during the day.
IX. Nope.
X. INTJ, apparently.
XI. Why not both?
XII. I've never used a sword, so I can't say.
XIII. Yup. It's not hard.
XIV. Why not both?

Edited by Zera

1 hour ago, Zera said:

Are you excited for Cleaning Kirby's return in Kirby Star Allies?

By the way, did you know there's a new DRW game coming out in Japan? It looks cool!

2. I want to become a game designer/developer and drive Nintendo out of business.

I actually forgot about Clean returning, but I am glad it is. I find the animation for Kirby/Gooey randomly sweeping with the broom really awesome for some reason, since it's so peaceful looking yet deceptively destructive.

As for the new Dillon's Rolling Western, yep! I've known about it since it was first introduced in that one Japanese Nintendo Direct. I look forward to hearing more about the new gameplay mechanics like the chase sequences. I especially like Dillon's new outfit.

So uh, why do you want to drive Nintendo out of business?