SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, JohnCarter said:

This is a democracy, Von. Like I said, the people have spoken.

I am not insistent on crashing our interview period, I am however insistent on being granted the people’s choice. 

I welcome further input.

What people have spoken?  In another nomination period?  Which one?  Giving me their usernames shouldn't be hard.  I'm not opposed to democracy.  I'm opposed to people trying to give me bullcrap like I'm suspicious you're doing.

For that matter, you still haven't quoted the so-called "Rule 1, Subsection 2" for me and everyone else to read like I asked.  If this is just a misunderstanding and you sincerely believe you deserve this interview space and I don't, even though my name is right there where Interview #205 starts, then you have a responsibility to make your evidence as clear as possible.

2 minutes ago, JohnCarter said:

This was a test.

You will be contacted with the outcome within 5 business days.

Good grief.

If you were looking to steal some of the attention I was hoping to get out of this interview thing, I guess you succeeded.  The least you could do is try out the game I'm making.

Seconded. My Christmas planning is going well I got 6 Star Wars Black series figures and two popular books recommended by Oprah for my father. My Mother will have a jewelry box to keep her even growing collection of accessories. And my gift for my younger brother is a 2 one month subscription for a MMO for me and him to play over Winter break with a 50 dollar giftcard.   

26 minutes ago, Integrity said:

i'll not be a douche too and ask a question since this is the interview thread

hey op how's your day going! got any sick gifts planned for christmas?

I'm doing fine.  Planning to spend as much of Winter Break as I can working on my game.  Implementing the remaining Support conversations for v1 characters should only take a couple more days.  Then I'll do one more test run with the new window size and I can release v1.1 of it.  No new chapters, but existing ones have gotten tweaks.

As for gifts, I'd rather not say here lest I risk somebody accidentally seeing what I get them.

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

As for gifts, I'd rather not say here lest I risk somebody accidentally seeing what I get them.

fair enough

question 2: tell me about your game op i am out of touch and i want to Know

2 minutes ago, JohnCarter said:

They don’t call me JohnBolder for no reason

nobody calls you that

anyway i'm putting my mod foot down; don't respond to me except in dm, only post to ask the interview dude questions by rule of the thread, cheers mwah

18 minutes ago, Integrity said:

question 2: tell me about your game op i am out of touch and i want to Know

Glad you asked!

Sanctaea Chronicles is a Fire Emblem-style game being made in SRPG Studio.  It follows Claudius and Carol as they attempt to stop Claudius's half-brother, King Cato of Rema, from conquering the whole continent of Sanctaea.  They must also figure out how to end the famine in Rema that is driving Cato to invade other kingdoms in the first place.  More information about the game can be found in its dedicated thread.

With this game I want to show everyone that SRPG Studio is just as valid a tool for making high-quality Fire Emblem-type games as hacking one of the existing GBA games.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

Well, that was interesting. Anyway, here are my questions.

1. What was the first progressive rock/metal album you've purchased? Your most recent one?
  2. Thoughts on neoclassical metal, and favorite guitarist of the subgenre, if any?
  3. Would you rather get physical copies of music (CD/cassette/vinyl) or digital ones? (corollary: what's your stand on analog vs digital recording?

26 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Well, that was interesting. Anyway, here are my questions.

1. What was the first progressive rock/metal album you've purchased? Your most recent one?
  2. Thoughts on neoclassical metal, and favorite guitarist of the subgenre, if any?
  3. Would you rather get physical copies of music (CD/cassette/vinyl) or digital ones? (corollary: what's your stand on analog vs digital recording?
  1. With my own money, those would be A Trick of the Tail (by Genesis) and Discipline (by King Crimson).  These were bought at the same time.
  2. I don't really listen to a lot of metal.  Sorry.  I don't know of any neoclassical metal bands, but I do like Ozzy Osbourne-era Black Sabbath.
  3. I'm a CD man all the way.  Vinyl records I find a little unwieldy.  I prefer physical copies (because I like reading the liner notes), but find the "loudness wars" a bit of a shame.  But I'm not too picky about analog vs. digital recording techniques at the end of the day.

The easiest link to pick up in neoclassical metal would be, incidentally, on Ozzy's solo work. Randy Rhoads (RIP) was an awesome guitarist. Or, you can always look to early Dream Theater and Yngwie Malmsteen...

1. Do you play an instrument?
  2. Favorite book/s?
  3. Favorite movie/s?
  4. What consoles/handhelds do you own?

5 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

The easiest link to pick up in neoclassical metal would be, incidentally, on Ozzy's solo work. Randy Rhoads (RIP) was an awesome guitarist. Or, you can always look to early Dream Theater and Yngwie Malmsteen...

1. Do you play an instrument?
  2. Favorite book/s?
  3. Favorite movie/s?
  4. What consoles/handhelds do you own?
  1. I attempted to learn guitar when I was little because I liked playing Guitar Hero on the PS2, but I found it too difficult and more or less gave up on it.  Looking back I don't think I would've enjoyed it very much.  My little sister is the musician in our family; she plays guitar, piano, and flute, off the top of my head.
  2. My favorite book is Around the World in 80 Days.  This to me is THE ideal adventure novel.  It's got everything: action, romance, memorable characters and locales, the works.
  3. My favorite movie(s) is/are a little harder to pin down.  Fritz Lang's Metropolis is definitely a big one for me.  Others include Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn and The Producers.  I wouldn't mind giving Blazing Saddles another watch, either.
  4. I own several consoles, namely:
    • PlayStation 2
    • Wii U
    • Switch
    • Game Boy Advance SP
    • Nintendo DS
    • Nintendo 3DS

18 minutes ago, Natalie said:

egg?

egg on toast or with baked beans?

fish for breakfast, yes or nah?

what languages do you speak?

if you could live anywhere (including game/movie etc places) where would you live?

I don't like eggs or beans.  Fish for breakfast sounds strange to me.

I mostly just speak English.  I took Spanish and Japanese classes in high school, but I don't remember how to speak either of them because I've never actually had to use them IRL.

I'm not sure where I'd want to live.  Texas (where my dad currently lives and I often go on summer vacation) is pretty nice.