SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Yes.

It's patented, but you know that by now.

6. Which of the 12 zodiac(east or west) that isn't yours, do you like the most?

7. Which of the seven sins do you closely relate to?

8. Which of the seven virtues do you believe can do the most harm to a person?

9. If you had 57 seconds to address the world, what would you say?

10. Favorite time of day?

11. Favorite fruit? Can it be juiced? If so, have you had it juiced?

12. Can you describe your day in 5 words in another language?

13. What was your favorite dream and worst nightmare?

14. How often are you dependent on others in comparison to being depended on?
15. Do you remember your first SF avatar?

If you were a character in a typical fantasy RPG thing, what would your class be?

Least favorite color?

Which of the seven deadly sins do you believe would cause the least harm?

Ever played a Professor Layton game?

1. Don't know too much about it, but I am nihilistic to the extent that I do not believe in any objective truth, morality or meaning to life (nuance: I do not exclude the possibility that they could exist, but I am convinced that it is impossible for us to know). But I don't let that thought hinder me in my personal beliefs in truth, morality and meaning. I accept the fact that a person needs something to live their life by, and I subsequently have a strong morality and strong principles. However, the thought does give me nuance, and therefore I am always ready to consider alternative beliefs and perspectives.

2. Er... dubstep, probably.

3. Er... I remember looking it up a long time ago and thinking it was quite fitting, but I don't really remember. *looks up*

Oh hell no, hahaha. But it also lists 'energetic,' 'clever,' 'witty' and 'indecisive,' which are qualities of mine.

4. Er...

First: I vaguely remember you and Sol talking in the interview thread when it was his interview, so I guess I thought you were a somewhat inactive SF member who was friends with Sol and therefore came back for his interview? Clearly I did not know of LtP's existence back then, haha.

Current: You seem like a smart and busy person and from what I remember, we have certain common interests, which is cool. I think I only have to gain on an intellectual level from talking more with you.

Oh, whoops, I didn't answer your question. Yes, you may.

The thing that makes nihilism is the belief that nothing means anything. So if I have that right, then I wouldn't really call you nihilistic. o:

Actually, you were spot on since at the time, I was mostly on Skype. And yeah, we should talk more, buddy.

Thank you very much. >w<)/

1. I am too badly versed in the lore of sukusuku to answer that question. Favorite Touhou character is Shikieiki... or Konngara...

Well, sukusuku is just based off a Touhou character! So I'll assume your favorites would be your favorite sukusuku. Maybe. Although there isn't one of Konngara...

6. Would you worship sukusuku? Not that Nobunaga dude!

7. I'm gonna jump the gun on the impressions question, but I kinda already know the current so... I'll ask mostly for first impressions.

8. What do you think of Kaguya (from Touhou)?

9. Which consoles and handhelds do you own?

10. Why do you want to get your master's? Like your motivations, etc.

Edited by Espeon

1. Impression question thingy...

2. Which major historical figure would you like to have as an ancestor? (Also a related question: Do you think you could have a major historical figure as an ancestor?)

3. Do you like astronomy?

Edited by Naughx

1. Are you satisfied with the government in your country?

2. Do you wish the returning of the Gulden as currency?

3. Do or would you buy goodies in Germany, if you see them for a lower price than in the NL?

4. Would you agree with me that vanilla vla is the best NL delicacy?

5. Could you give me three tourist attractions / sights (when I'll be the next time in the NL)?

6. Which goodies do you recommend me to buy in the NL?

1. Impressions if any?

2. If you were granted three wishes, what would they be?

3. If you were in a fantasy world, what would your class be?

4. Favorite thing about Shikieiki?

5. Same as above, but with Konngara

11. Why did you name yourself after Hattusili I?

12. Would you prefer to experience some media franchise in the order the individual works were released, or in the order they happen chronologically in-universe?

13. Have you read any American superhero comics?

14. What about any European comics?

15. Wanna buy some wed?

11. I've always been bad at coming up with usernames, and usually ended up taking some historical figure. This time I decided to be intentionally extra bad with my username. That one paper I wrote about the historiography on Troy in the school year before was still fresh on my mind, so Hattusili I it was.

12. In the order they were released. It's how I play FE, it's how I play Touhou, its how I read Tolkien. You just get a better sense of how the series developed.

13. No.

14. No. Wait, actually... if you mean just comics in general, then there's Asterix and Obelix, Lucky Luke, Suske and Wiske.

15. Do you know who ur talkin to? IM THE MOTHERFUCKING YAMA!!

impressions of myself

would you worship our lord and savior Oda Nobunaga, Devil King of the Sixth Heaven

1. You're a peculiar person. You're alright, but you could be more open and friendlier.

2. Nah, I'm good.

1. What do you like in a plot of a game?

2. Animal you think you resemble the most?

3. Opinions on the reptiles?

4. Kill or be killed?

5. *insert obligatory impressions question here*

1. I'm pretty easily satisfied with a plot. But I love politics, so it's nice when games have some properly defined political situation, preferably (but not necessarily) with some good political intrigue (in that regard FE4 > FE2, just as an example).

2. I don't know... maybe an owl?

3. Dinosaurs are cool yo.

4. Depends. For a just cause, I'd do either.

5. First must have been April, right? Ah, those were different times... I don't remember much from it, but it was nice to see a new person in HHH, I guess.

First: Tiki is cool, so you're probably cool too.

Current: why did our PM die? I know you as a friendly and funny person.

Pop Tarts:

pop-tarts.jpg

Toaster Strudel:

Toaster_Strudel_482x193.jpg

I've heard of them, I've just never had them.

1. Three words you think describe yourself?

2. Least favourite Fire Emblem?

3. Opinion of the RPG genre?

4. How much do you like books?

5. Pancakes or waffles?

1. Perfectionist, thinking, justice.

2. I love all Fire Emblem equally.

3. Not well-versed in genres, but it's pretty cool as far as I know.

4. Pretty much. I'd like to read more literature, but it's mostly informative and Tolkien nowadays.

5. Tough question. They're not really comparable, in my opinion. I eat waffles as snacks and pancakes for dinner. Going to pick pancakes though.

It's patented, but you know that by now.

6. Which of the 12 zodiac(east or west) that isn't yours, do you like the most?

7. Which of the seven sins do you closely relate to?

8. Which of the seven virtues do you believe can do the most harm to a person?

9. If you had 57 seconds to address the world, what would you say?

10. Favorite time of day?

11. Favorite fruit? Can it be juiced? If so, have you had it juiced?

12. Can you describe your day in 5 words in another language?

13. What was your favorite dream and worst nightmare?

14. How often are you dependent on others in comparison to being depended on?
15. Do you remember your first SF avatar?

Official Sol questionâ„¢.

6. Don't know much about zodiac, sorry.

7. Envy.

8. Diligence. Martyrdom has shown what it can lead to.

9. Love your neighbor; be kind; be generous; be happy with what you have; think before you act; obey the law.

10. Evening; it's when I relax from a day of work.

11. Apples. I've had apple juice, yes.

12. Mein Tag war sehr gut.

13. Favorite dream was this one dream where I went to my old elementary school and met people from high school there. It was pretty whacky. Worst nightmare was huge spiders with wings infesting my room.

14. I wonder about this actually. I like to think I'm not very dependent on others (and I know I can be independent), but I know I'd be off a lot worse if I were to suddenly lose one of my best friends. I think 'give without asking' is a good principle though, and I always try to be there for other people without burdening them with my problems.

15. Yes. It was FE1 Gazzak (and no one got the joke). Real first avatar was FE1 Wrys.

If you were a character in a typical fantasy RPG thing, what would your class be?

Least favorite color?

Which of the seven deadly sins do you believe would cause the least harm?

Ever played a Professor Layton game?

The thing that makes nihilism is the belief that nothing means anything. So if I have that right, then I wouldn't really call you nihilistic. o:

Actually, you were spot on since at the time, I was mostly on Skype. And yeah, we should talk more, buddy.

Thank you very much. >w<)/

5. Sage. I suck with weapons, but I'm book-smart.

6. Brown, I guess. Have never really thought about it though.

7. Sloth, because it harms others only passively.

8. Nope.

Yeah, I'm not nihilistic. Just some slight tendencies.

Wow, I have a good guess then. Consider it done.

6. Would you worship sukusuku? Not that Nobunaga dude!

7. I'm gonna jump the gun on the impressions question, but I kinda already know the current so... I'll ask mostly for first impressions.

8. What do you think of Kaguya (from Touhou)?

9. Which consoles and handhelds do you own?

10. Why do you want to get your master's? Like your motivations, etc.

6. Sukusuku is worthy of worshipping. But I'd like the deities I worship to have more meaning.

7. First: I vaguely remember seeing you in HHH. You seemed like a pretty happy person. I somehow had the thought talking with you was out of my reach or something.

8. She's fine. Don't have too much of an opinion on her since I haven't played IN, but her theme is great.

9. I own a DS, a 3DS and a GameCube. I used to own a GBA, but my little brother felt the need to break it.

10. I love law. I've set my mind on studying law and I want to go as far as I can. I know I have what it takes.

1. Impression question thingy...

2. Which major historical figure would you like to have as an ancestor? (Also a related question: Do you think you could have a major historical figure as an ancestor?)

3. Do you like astronomy?

1. First: pretty cool guy, I guess.

Current: Kraft Dinner! We've had some fun conversations, you could exist more.

2. Marcus Aurelius. Roman Emperor and philosopher, hell yeah. (I am descended from German nobility, so maybe?)

3. Not particularly interested in it, but I find it useful. I've actually had to use astronomical findings in that one paper about Troy I wrote, heh.

1. Are you satisfied with the government in your country?

2. Do you wish the returning of the Gulden as currency?

3. Do or would you buy goodies in Germany, if you see them for a lower price than in the NL?

4. Would you agree with me that vanilla vla is the best NL delicacy?

5. Could you give me three tourist attractions / sights (when I'll be the next time in the NL)?

6. Which goodies do you recommend me to buy in the NL?

1. Not really. Everything is being sacrificed for efficiency and low costs, which is exactly what a government should not do. Important matters like legislation should be considered thoroughly and be aimed at long-term effects. Our national politics are plagued by short-sightedness. Nevertheless, there are some very competent ministers among the bunch. And it's a lot better than a certain other figure who stains Dutch politics, though said figure is sadly in parliament.

2. No. That would cause a whole lot of problems and make things more complicated.

3. Sure. I don't travel to Germany much though, but I suppose I could.

4. It's a Dutch delicacy? And it is really good, but the best?

5. Depends on where you go. I'm bad with tourist attractions though.

6. ALL THE GOOD STUFF, meaning stroopwafels, roze koeken, hagelslag, vanille vla, griesmeelpudding/-pap, custard. Food is all you need, my friend.

1. Impressions if any?

2. If you were granted three wishes, what would they be?

3. If you were in a fantasy world, what would your class be?

4. Favorite thing about Shikieiki?

5. Same as above, but with Konngara

1. Not really any impressions, except you're a guy who likes Touhou, Sakuya and Catria. Catria is great.

2. Universal obediance to authority and the law, more tolerance and understanding in the world, less fixation on efficiency and maximum profits.

3. Sage; see above.

4. Justice.

5. Somehow, she seems zen.

1.) Why are you Hattusili I? Why not Gilgamesh, Sargon of Akkad or Hammurabi?

EDIT: I didn't realized Shinpichu asked why you named yourself Hattusili, answer anyways if you'd like.

2.) First impressions?

3.) Favorite food?

Edited by ~Summer~

1.) Why are you Hattusili I? Why not Gilgamesh, Sargon of Akkad or Hammurabi?

EDIT: I didn't realized Shinpichu asked why you named yourself Hattusili, answer anyways if you'd like.

2.) First impressions?

3.) Favorite food?

1.) Gilgamesh, Sargon of Akkad and Hammurabi didn't appear in my Troy paper.

2.) Uhh... I can't remember. I believe you said you cycle(d) though, and that's rad.

3.) Pizza.

1. You're a peculiar person. You're alright, but you could be more open and friendlier.

2. Nah, I'm good.

wow

but

Have you studied the Warring States Period of Japan? If so, who's your favorite person? Would you play Samurai Warriors to appease me?

21. What does it mean to be successful in life?

22. If you had to relive the previous year, what would you do differently?

23. Fondest memory?

24. How does luck work in FE1?

25. What type of musical instrument represents your personality?

26. What personality traits do you admire in other people?

27. Do you tend to be drawn to people with similar personalities as yourself, or different?

28. If you could go back 2 years and give your past self advice, what would you say?

29. Only allowed to glimpse one, would you rather see heaven or hell?

30. Favorite quote from my sig?

21. To be happy. And a wise person is happy with what they have.

22. Hmm... nothing. I've had some bad stuff happen to me in the previous year, but it all helped shape me into the person I am now, and that's better than the person I was before.

23. The week my girlfriend-at-the-time stayed with me for a week last February, I think.

24. Luck constitutes magical avoid and contributes to critical. All enemies have 0 luck. Consequently, recruitable enemy characters start off with 0 luck, but get assigned a random number of luck when they are recruited: a phenomenon known as - luck. What formula the game uses to decide how much luck such a character gets upon recruitment remains a mystery and haunts my perfectionism.

25. Violin (or viola, don't know the difference, sorry).

26. Courtesy, honesty, rationality.

27. Similar.

28. Don't worry so much. Resign yourself to what you do and don't get yourself worked up over wanting to work harder.

29. Heaven. If there is any objective good, I would find it there.

30. The Anacybele one.

Have you studied the Warring States Period of Japan? If so, who's your favorite person? Would you play Samurai Warriors to appease me?

No, but I should start studying Japanese history again. When the time allows it, I will, but for now, I have law to focus on.

Nah, I'm fine playing FE and Touhou for now.

You got any residual opinions about gamergate?

Are you talking about the steam/gog-like online store or that whole shitstorm mess?

---

Which part of history do you find the most important to mankind as a whole?

---

2. Marcus Aurelius. Roman Emperor and philosopher, hell yeah. (I am descended from German nobility, so maybe?)

Well, since the guy lived more than 2 thousands years ago the likelihood is quite higher I guess.

Edited by Naughx

Are you talking about the steam/gog-like online store or that whole shitstorm mess?

I wouldn't think there was really anything to say aside from look it's a pretty good online store 8/10 for the former, really.

This is my sarcastic way of saying yes, the latter. Hattusili was interested in it, at least for a while.

16. Are there any features from FE1 you think should be brought back?

17. Pancakes or waffles?

18. Will you go to see SW Episode VII?

19. How do you feel that France is getting Ep. VII 2 days before the US?

20. What are your thoughts on pennies?

5. First must have been April, right? Ah, those were different times... I don't remember much from it, but it was nice to see a new person in HHH, I guess.

First: Tiki is cool, so you're probably cool too.

Current: why did our PM die? I know you as a friendly and funny person.

Oh wow I'm such a bum *goes to instantly revive the PM*

6. Not sure if anyone asked this yet but, if you could equip any five skills from FE, what would they be?

7. If you could rule another country, what would it be?

8. Any quote from a historical figure you're fond of?

9. Favorite toppings on pizza?

10. would u like some of this hot choclety milk?

Which virtue do you seek to embody as best as you can the most?

Favorite thing about your country's culture?

Thing you like least about your country's culture?

Do you play any musical instruments or sing?

1. What are your current impressions on the general situation of the world?

2. What political situation (in the world) do you find the most concerning and why?

3. What would you want to find at the "edge" of the universe?

4. How much do you know of black holes and what do you think one would find inside of one?

5. What (if any) theories do you have for events prior to the (supposed) Big Bang?

If there's any repeats just ignore them.

You got any residual opinions about gamergate?

Whatever noble goals there were (and still are, I guess) on either side, they got buried under a huge shitstorm, sadly. In the end, I think it caused more trouble than it did good, for which the shitstorm (and those involved in the shitstorm) should be blamed - not the people who actually tried to achieve something good; they get my sympathy. I hope that in the end GamerGate actually accomplished something. I don't like the thought of putting so much effort into something only to have it fail.

Which part of history do you find the most important to mankind as a whole?

Well, since the guy lived more than 2 thousands years ago the likelihood is quite higher I guess.

I think the most important thing about history is the insight it gives in human nature. It's important to learn from mistakes mankind made in the past and take steps to prevent likewise mistakes from happening again; i.e. we should study history so we can break the cycles of history and get closer to shaping an ideal world. However, the most important lesson one can learn from studying history is that mankind doesn't learn from history.

Marcus Aurelius' bloodline died with his son Commodus. RIP dream.

16. Are there any features from FE1 you think should be brought back?

17. Pancakes or waffles?

18. Will you go to see SW Episode VII?

19. How do you feel that France is getting Ep. VII 2 days before the US?

20. What are your thoughts on pennies?

16. Though I like the game a lot, no. FE1 is unique in certain ways (such as the storage instead of the convoy, 2-2 ballista range and the fact that a lot of classes simply have no promotion). It would be fun to see a feature return sometime, but not as a permanent feature.

17. Answered before; pancakes.

18. That's in the makings? Hmm, I'll consider it.

19. Why? Isn't the whole thing from the US?

20. You mean the coins? They're cool.

Oh wow I'm such a bum *goes to instantly revive the PM*

6. Not sure if anyone asked this yet but, if you could equip any five skills from FE, what would they be?

7. If you could rule another country, what would it be?

8. Any quote from a historical figure you're fond of?

9. Favorite toppings on pizza?

10. would u like some of this hot choclety milk?

Wow, you have Aum?

6. As far as FE games with skill systems go, I've only played FE4 a bit (and FE8 and FE13 a little bit), so I'm not that good with it. Pursuit (it's just really handy), critical (also really handy), renewal (I don't have to worry much about healing), great shield (I find it really cool to just block an entire attack), silencer (to strike with such deadly precision fascinates me). Then again, pursuit and critical are simple game mechanics in most FEs, so they only count for FE4. So if they don't count, then vantage and paragon.

7. That's a tough question because it warrants more context. I'd like to have ruled the Roman Empire at a time when there were still true Romans - those who fight for Rome, and not for their own power.

8. There's a few, but I tend to not be able to think of them when people ask me for it.

9. I love all pizza. Weirdest topping I've ever had is spinach.

10. *thinks it's a reference he's not getting*

*is unsure how to answer*

*nervously looks around*

*sweating incontrollably*

UHHH...

Which virtue do you seek to embody as best as you can the most?

Favorite thing about your country's culture?

Thing you like least about your country's culture?

Do you play any musical instruments or sing?

I try to be as helpful as I can.

Dutch people tend to be straightforward with a no-nonsense attitude.

Dutch people should be more compassionate and polite.

I play keyboards. My singing should not be mentioned.

1. What are your current impressions on the general situation of the world?

2. What political situation (in the world) do you find the most concerning and why?

3. What would you want to find at the "edge" of the universe?

4. How much do you know of black holes and what do you think one would find inside of one?

5. What (if any) theories do you have for events prior to the (supposed) Big Bang?

If there's any repeats just ignore them.

1. I think we (the western world in particular; can't say much about the rest due to limited knowledge) are on the wrong end of the evolution in the cycle of forms of government, as described by Polybius in his Histories, meaning that our democracies are turning into ochlocracies. The absolute will of the masses is no better than the absolute will of a tyrant (and what are demagogues other than tyrants in the making?). I also think we've been too zealous with spreading our ideals over the world, which has led to a conflict between secularized Christian Western and devout Islamic Eastern culture, particularly embodied by the emergence of the Islamic State.

So overall pretty concerning, but they're all natural evolutions, so I'll resign myself to it.

2. Geert Wilders' haircut. The conflict between west and east.

3. What could there be found? If I can just make up whatever, I'll say wisdom

4. Very little; I don't know. I don't think one could go so far as to find anything in a black hole; simply because one can't access what's inside a black hole.

5. I have no theories for it. I find this a mystery and I will treat it as such until new evidence will shed light on it.

"2. Universal obediance to authority and the law, more tolerance and understanding in the world, less fixation on efficiency and maximum profit"

But what if the authority is wrong and over authoritarian? I can't think of a single authority in the entire world that is right all the time (and many times right is relative). If we include laws, it's get even shadier, because there are many disgusting and just plain wrong laws all over the world. Doesn't that worry you? Do you really think that would be good? Why? Should people stop fighting against laws they think are wrong?

Lawful distopias sound even scarier than chaotic ones, see SMT law endings or the book 1984

Edited by Nobody

"2. Universal obediance to authority and the law, more tolerance and understanding in the world, less fixation on efficiency and maximum profit"

But what if the authority is wrong and over authoritarian? I can't think of a single authority in the entire world that is right all the time (and many times right is relative). If we include laws, it's get even shadier, because there are many disgusting and just plain wrong laws all over the world. Doesn't that worry you? Do you really think that would be good? Why? Should people stop fighting against laws they think are wrong?

Lawful distopias sound even scarier than chaotic ones, see SMT law endings

This is a very good question, and in my opinion it ultimately comes down to a matter of legal positivism (i.e. obediance to the law as the objectivized replacement for justice) versus legal naturalism (i.e. the law is inferior to what is naturally just). If you've read my answer to Crizix's question about nihilism, you'll know that I do not believe it is possible to knowingly know objective truth - I must therefore assume that all our truth is subjective. Because all our truth is subjective, neither I nor anyone else can know what is right and what is wrong. Sure, we have our opinions on what is right and wrong, but we know nothing. We must trust to something though - or else we can't live our lives. That's what we have authority (most strongly in the form of government and law) for. It provides us with objectivized rules to replace our subjective rules.

Obediance to authority doesn't mean you have to take everything what your government does. Dutch law knows many procedures of complaint and various other likewise procedures to fight what government does. Because these procedures are laid down in laws, obediance to authority also means people have every right to make use of these procedures - and obediance to authority means that government can't do anything against it (nor should desire to do anything against it).

I realize that not all political entities have such laws. In fact, in despotisms, speaking out against the despot would soon be considered treason, and therefore punished harshly. I may personally strongly disagree with this, but it is in accordance with the authority of said despotism, and I must therefore resign myself to it.

Legal positivism is unfortunately not a solution to all problems of justice. It is a practical solution.