SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

10 hours ago, Slumber said:

1.) I got a G5420T. Fairlane Blue. Love the thing.

2.) I wanted a guitar that did clean tones really well. While there are plenty out there, the something about a Gretsch was alluring, and it was a very striking guitar. My dream guitar is also semi-hollow, so a guitar that was affordable(For a hobbyist), did clean tones well, and was semi-hollow was a must. It came down to a proper Fender Strat(Which was admittedly easier to play and a bit cheaper) and a Gretsch, I asked a buddy who is also into guitars. He said Gretsch because everyone has a Fender.

I'll still get a Strat eventually, probably.

3.) My heart says "You can never have too many guitars", but my wallet says "I'm a one guitar is enough" kind of guy. Right now I just have my Gretsch and a PRS SE 245, which has a busted neck but still sounds fine and is totally playable. I have to stop myself when I'm on YouTube, because like once a month, I see a guitar review that makes me go "I need that guitar".

4.) I'm not the kind of guy who worships guitar virtuosos, so I tend to admire guitarists who can just write good, interesting, mildly intricate guitar riffs. And when it comes to that, Josh Homme(Yes, I'm well aware his style is famous for its distortion and I like clean tones) or Marissa Paternoster are the two guitarists I am most inspired by right now.

5.) Yes, but that's fine.

Bonus.) The bones of people who eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch

`Sweet. Guitars with f holes are super cool.

Yeah, I feel like every guitar player comes across a strat at one point or another. They're just so iconic.

Yeah I getchya..

Oh well, in for a penny in for a pound.

Best answer to that question yet... but still not quite there.

8 hours ago, Natalie said:

psst get a jazzmaster or jaguar

Yes get a jaguar so you can tell me what all those cool looking switches do 

1.) How did you get into the Screaming Females?

2.) Have you heard any Elliott Smith?

3.) What kind of amp to you like to play?

Okay, here are the real guitar nerd questions.

4.) Do you use a pick? 

5.) If so, what is your preferred gauge and material of said pick?

6.) What gauge strings do you use?

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Thoughts/Opinions on the Lord of the Rings?
  2. Favorite card/board game?
  3. Thoughts on puzzle games?
  4. Do you prefer action/fight scenes to be realistic and down-to-earth, or over-the-top and flashy?
  5. If you had a single day to hang out with a Fire Emblem character of your choosing, and weren't restrained by money or travel distance/time requirements, who would you pick and what would you do?
  6. Something you would tell your younger self?
18 hours ago, Slumber said:

*coughcoughStarTrekisbetterthoughcoughcough*

7. Favorite Star Trek series?

8. Kirk or Picard?

5 hours ago, ProfImpossible said:

1.) How did you get into the Screaming Females?

2.) Have you heard any Elliott Smith?

3.) What kind of amp to you like to play?

Okay, here are the real guitar nerd questions.

4.) Do you use a pick? 

5.) If so, what is your preferred gauge and material of said pick?

6.) What gauge strings do you use?

1.) I had a Spotify playlist probably 4 or 5 years ago based on the Distillers, and it must have just picked that up to mean "Female led garage rock/punk rock bands", and I think it recommended Ripe, which I really liked. Then like a few months later I started playing Rocksmith 2014, and it had Rotten Apple, which became one of my favorite songs to play on that game. So at that point I figured "There must be something to this Screaming Females band", and I've been a pretty big fan ever since. 

2.) I enjoy Elliot Smith. I don't listen to him often, but I liked his shoe-gazey/folksy acoustic soft rock stuff. 

3.) I have this giant Fender... It was called a Windjammer or something, and I loved annoying my sister with it, since it'd get super loud, but I think some of the tubes are busted in it, and it has an audible hum and it pops when it's on and not even anything is plugged in. Ever since I've started playing in my own, I've been using this non-descript Marshall Amp that came with my first guitar waaaay back when I was 12-13. It's been pretty solid, though I should probably replace it soon. 

4.) Yes. I've tried doing more finger stuff, but I always go back to relying on picks. 

5.) I have these Dunlop Tortex jazz picks that are really nice. I think they're nylon and 0.73mm or something? 

Generally I prefer thinner picks, closer to 0.4mm, since I tend to find it a bit easier to alternate pick with them.

6.) I use two different sets. My Gretsch tends to rattle a bit on thinner gauges, so right now I have some D'addario XLs that go from 11-48. I like those a lot. My PRS, since I'm trying to keep the tension on the neck low, gets some standard Ernie Ball 9-46s.

5 hours ago, Hawkwing said:
  1. Thoughts/Opinions on the Lord of the Rings?
  2. Favorite card/board game?
  3. Thoughts on puzzle games?
  4. Do you prefer action/fight scenes to be realistic and down-to-earth, or over-the-top and flashy?
  5. If you had a single day to hang out with a Fire Emblem character of your choosing, and weren't restrained by money or travel distance/time requirements, who would you pick and what would you do?
  6. Something you would tell your younger self?

7. Favorite Star Trek series?

8. Kirk or Picard?

1.) Love LotR. Read all the books(Except the Silmarilian for obvious reasons) in elementary school just as the moves were coming out, and love the movies. 

2.) I'm basic. I like Cards Against Humanity and its ilk. I only get one real opportunity to sit down and play Card/Board games a year, and that once a year is enough for me to not get too tired of CAH's schtick. 

My sister and her boyfriend roped me and my cousins into Mice and Mystics last year, so we've got a game of that going. 

3.) I like em. Really depends on how addictive the puzzles are. I'm also fine with obtuse puzzle games. 

4.) I like something in between. Flashy, but within human boundaries. I grew up on DBZ, though, so insanely over the top fights are cool with me. 

5.) As long as he doesn't hit on minors, Homer, obviously. Or Llweyn. A hard partying bard seems like a great "This will be a day I'll remember for the rest of my life" choice. 

6.) "Actually try in school before college" 

7.) TNG

8.) Picard. As neat as Kirk can be, I prefer the diplomatic politics of Star Trek, so Picard is more of what I want. 

Edited by Slumber

8 hours ago, Slumber said:

Additionally, I've avoided XV up until now, so I have no opinion on it. Also, it might be sacrilege to out 4 above 6, but 4 was my first FF, so I have a tone of nostalgia for it. Also, it might be sacrilege to put most of the games I put above 6 that high, but I played 9 before I played 6, and 9 scratched my itch for a classic FF way more than 6 did, and I hold 9 much closer to my heart. 6 is still fantastic, I just don't hold it in my heart like I do everything above it.

Interesting. My first FF was Tactics Advance, followed by IV Advance, and then... (spoilered due to a bit of length- don't read if you don't want to)

Spoiler

Dawn of Souls I&II, VI Advance, III, TA2, VII, X-HD remaster, V iOS, VIII. I also have FFT, but I've only played it to near the end of part 1, it was slow and rather difficult (the number of KOs I'd suffered so far was quite high- times when almost everyone was a goner), and I just never got back to it. I should, and I know the difficultly is something of a reverse curve from what I've read, but I'm kinda terrible with getting to games i want to play for no good reason. I want to try XII IZJE, but I need a PS4 for that.

Now despite IV being my first real FF (and the GBA ATB bug never bothered me), I prefer VI. Maybe it has to do with how I can recall getting it on the day my family was going on a long car ride to our vacation destination, and then sitting in the vehicle, ready to pass the time. Turning on the GBA, I watched the opening sequence unfold, and at just the very first intro scene, where the title rises in glowing orange amid ominous storms with the music as much an eerie harbinger, it embedded itself in my being.

Yet 4 above 6 isn't wrong by any means, which FF has received the most ports, retranslations of all? And which got a DS remake it didn't really need unlike its predecessor? (I wish VI got a similar overhaul.) IV is where I say the franchise began to really embrace itself and dare to become the gargantuan leading RPG series it is today. 

Now compared to VI, the soundtrack is hindered by Uematsu not having mastered the SNES's abilities yet, but it isn't bad at all, just simpler with the tracks being shorter. Visuals are also simpler, and the locales more generic fantasy than in VI, but this is a rather petty issue. The characters in IV you could argue are better than in VI, that I could see since the narrative more tightly integrates them. In gameplay, IV is more restrictive with who you get to use and all, but VI has a samey character problem once Espers appear and everyone learns magic. And to speak of plot, VI is a bit less generic, but IV's pace is much more brisk I feel. Kefka and Golbez go for totally different villain profiles, Kefka is a nihilistic Joker-esque psychopath, Golbez has been said in interviews to have been inspired by Darth Vader and it shows, they're apples and oranges; and Sephiroth is a durian- each caters to a different crowd.

...And a few more questions:

6. Care for museums or art galleries or botanic gardens at all?

7. Favorite Dragon Quest character?  (From my limited playing of the series, Angelo is my favorite in terms of character, and V protag is awesome visually.)

8. Archetype/trope/cliche that you like the most or can tolerate the most?

9. Favorite character from the Tellius duology?

10. Lastly, single favorite video game music piece?

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Interesting. My first FF was Tactics Advance, followed by IV Advance, and then... (spoilered due to a bit of length- don't read if you don't want to)

Hide contents

Dawn of Souls I&II, VI Advance, III, TA2, VII, X-HD remaster, V iOS, VIII. I also have FFT, but I've only played it to near the end of part 1, it was slow and rather difficult (the number of KOs I'd suffered so far was quite high- times when almost everyone was a goner), and I just never got back to it. I should, and I know the difficultly is something of a reverse curve from what I've read, but I'm kinda terrible with getting to games i want to play for no good reason. I want to try XII IZJE, but I need a PS4 for that.

Now despite IV being my first real FF (and the GBA ATB bug never bothered me), I prefer VI. Maybe it has to do with how I can recall getting it on the day my family was going on a long car ride to our vacation destination, and then sitting in the vehicle, ready to pass the time. Turning on the GBA, I watched the opening sequence unfold, and at just the very first intro scene, where the title rises in glowing orange amid ominous storms with the music as much an eerie harbinger, it embedded itself in my being.

Yet 4 above 6 isn't wrong by any means, which FF has received the most ports, retranslations of all? And which got a DS remake it didn't really need unlike its predecessor? (I wish VI got a similar overhaul.) IV is where I say the franchise began to really embrace itself and dare to become the gargantuan leading RPG series it is today. 

Now compared to VI, the soundtrack is hindered by Uematsu not having mastered the SNES's abilities yet, but it isn't bad at all, just simpler with the tracks being shorter. Visuals are also simpler, and the locales more generic fantasy than in VI, but this is a rather petty issue. The characters in IV you could argue are better than in VI, that I could see since the narrative more tightly integrates them. In gameplay, IV is more restrictive with who you get to use and all, but VI has a samey character problem once Espers appear and everyone learns magic. And to speak of plot, VI is a bit less generic, but IV's pace is much more brisk I feel. Kefka and Golbez go for totally different villain profiles, Kefka is a nihilistic Joker-esque psychopath, Golbez has been said in interviews to have been inspired by Darth Vader and it shows, they're apples and oranges; and Sephiroth is a durian- each caters to a different crowd.

...And a few more questions:

6. Care for museums or art galleries or botanic gardens at all?

7. Favorite Dragon Quest character?  (From my limited playing of the series, Angelo is my favorite in terms of character, and V protag is awesome visually.)

8. Archetype/trope/cliche that you like the most or can tolerate the most?

9. Favorite character from the Tellius duology?

10. Lastly, single favorite video game music piece?

Yeah, a lot of my FF rankings have to do a lot with initial feelings and how they impacted me, so I understand the idea of falling in love with FFVI on a long trip. I've fallen in love with many games that I had on road trips as a kid(I actually fell back in love with FFIV with the GBA version on a roadtrip I had when I was 14, and having all of my memories flood back).

I like FFIV's soundtrack a lot, but I agree that Uematsu largely got better as the FFs went along... baring a dip with the FFVII OST, which I think has a lot of great melodies, but I think as Uematsu's first game on the PS1, it shows quite a bit(Much like a lot of aspects of FFVII), and the actual OST doesn't really sound all that good. Especially on modern technology.

6. I loved going to the science museum as a kid, and I still enjoy checking out the Science Museum of Minnesota every couple of years. As for art galleries? That kind of stuff escapes me. Modern art escapes me. Botanical gardens I got sick of as a kid, since my mom is a landscaper and had a big garden in the yard, so I'd always see plants. The few times I went as a kid were enough for me.

7. Kiefer from DQ7. I enjoy him a lot, and he got his own side-game. Yangus is also great. Really the whole DQVIII cast it up there with Kiefer.

8. As for the ones that are so common they feel like a crutch? The broody rival. Just so long as it's not Sasuke extreme or worse.

9. Honestly probably Boyd. There's a lot I like about him. He's kind of a humble idiot, but he has a good heart, and seeing him calm down from rowdy teenager to actually mature adult between the two games was a nice character progression. Him being just about the first to be sincerely cool with Laguz joining the army was also nice.

10. Oh god, this is the hardest question so far in this interview. Just answering this could be like, a 10-question post in and of itself(Favorite boss theme, favorite emotional song, favorite world music, etc).

Spoiler

I think this is both an awesome, awesome piece on its own, and its use in FFIX is so good that it immediately left an impression that's stuck with me for nearly two decades now. It's a theme that manages to be booming and epic, but also thoughtful and contemplative. I can see why Uematsu considers FFIX the best work he's ever done.

I rewrote this answer about a dozen times, and probably 8 or 9 of those were FF music.

1. Your favorite mechanic from Thracia 776 that you would want implemented into FE in the future?

2. What's your top 3 Assassins/Thieves from FE?

3. What's the most recent FE play-through that you've completed?

4. What's your favorite Lord of all time from FE?

5. What weapon class is your favorite? and what game do you like using it the most? (In FE of course lol)

Edited by Tsak

10 hours ago, Tsak said:

1. Your favorite mechanic from Thracia 776 that you would want implemented into FE in the future?

2. What's your top 3 Assassins/Thieves from FE?

3. What's the most recent FE play-through that you've completed?

4. What's your favorite Lord of all time from FE?

5. What weapon class is your favorite? and what game do you like using it the most? (In FE of course lol)

1.) Mechanic specific to Thracia 776? Personal promotions.

2.) Uh...

1. Matthew
  2. Volke
  3. Perne

I'M NOT FALLING FOR YOUR TRICKS TO GET ME TO SAY JAFFAR

3.) Completed? Probably FE6. I start a bunch of FE runs and stop for one reason or another often, but I completed FE6 again a month or so ago.

4.) Personality-wise, Leif. Gameplay-wise, Ike.

5.) I really like the ideas of axes, but they're crap more often than not. However, one very busted one climbed its way to meme glory in FE5, so I am going to say FE5. They're actually pretty good as a whole in that game. FE9-10 axes are in contention, too. So many good units wield axes(Primarily).

Edited by Slumber

2.) Uh...

1. Matthew
  2. Volke
  3. Parne

I'M NOT FALLING FOR YOUR TRICKS TO GET ME TO SAY JAFFAR

Haha I just promoted Volke in Path of Radiance so it made me choose that question. My favorite character is Jaffar though, he's not for everyone tho lol

3.) Completed? Probably FE6. I start a bunch of FE runs and stop for one reason or another often, but I completed FE6 again a month or so ago.

Yeah I definitely feel you, I've personally started like 3 playthroughs and i think I'm only going to finish my PoR playthrough because i've never played it before

17 hours ago, Slumber said:

3.) I have this giant Fender... It was called a Windjammer or something, and I loved annoying my sister with it, since it'd get super loud, but I think some of the tubes are busted in it, and it has an audible hum and it pops when it's on and not even anything is plugged in. Ever since I've started playing in my own, I've been using this non-descript Marshall Amp that came with my first guitar waaaay back when I was 12-13. It's been pretty solid, though I should probably replace it soon. 

Ah, too bad. Sounds cool

1.) Did you ever play Tony Hawk's Underground 1 or 2?

2.) What is your favorite style of shoe?

3.) Have you ever seen a real life giraffe? 

43 minutes ago, Tsak said:

Haha I just promoted Volke in Path of Radiance so it made me choose that question. My favorite character is Jaffar though, he's not for everyone tho lol

Yeah I definitely feel you, I've personally started like 3 playthroughs and i think I'm only going to finish my PoR playthrough because i've never played it before

I like Jaffar just fine, I was just messing with you.

7 minutes ago, ProfImpossible said:

Ah, too bad. Sounds cool

1.) Did you ever play Tony Hawk's Underground 1 or 2?

2.) What is your favorite style of shoe?

3.) Have you ever seen a real life giraffe? 

1.) Yes, and I love both. I was totally in to Jackass and Viva la Bam when 2 came out, so I wasn't turned off by the framing device of 2. It has some of my favorite music in the TH series, and some of my favorite levels.

2.) I was a skater in middle school, and I still totally rock Vans Off the Wall as my casual shoe. In general any canvas, like Chucks, or skate shoe will be my go-to.

3.) I want to say no, but apparently the Como Zoo has a giraffe exhibit, and I went there tons of times as a kid, so I probably have seen real life giraffes.

11. Favorite Fates character?

12. Do you use YouTube regularly, and if so, who is your favorite "niche" YouTuber?

13. Opinions on Jurassic World?

14. Do you prefer deontological or utilitarian ethics?

15. Favorite bassist?

1. Something you fell in love with immediately?
  2. Something that had to grow on you?
  3. Something (in reality or fiction) that you'd pay good money to see?
  4. Thoughts/opinions on Batman?
  5. Favorite dream you've ever had?

1. Would you rather something be equal parts amazing and terrible, or thoroughly average in every aspect?

2. A game you only got into after stepping away from it/dropping it once?

Edited by The DanMan

9 hours ago, Alistair said:

11. Favorite Fates character?

12. Do you use YouTube regularly, and if so, who is your favorite "niche" YouTuber?

13. Opinions on Jurassic World?

14. Do you prefer deontological or utilitarian ethics?

15. Favorite bassist?

11.) Pfff... I actually rather like Nyx and Leo. Between the two, I might lean towards Leo, simply because he doesn't have a creepy little girl body.

12.) Yes. "Niche" might not be the best way to describe them, as they do have 100k+ subscribers, but Double Toasted. I was a big Spill fan back in the day, and as much as I'm not a huge movie fan right now, I love their movie reviews. I'm bad at finding smaller channels I enjoy. I'm not sure if I'm subscribed to a single channel under 100k subs.

13.) It's a dumb popcorn flick that lacks much of the charm the original had, but it's not as bad as Lost World. 

14.) Utilitarian in general. I think it is generally a better way to live day-by-day, and I think it makes it easier to do good. There's more flexibility, it's easier to compare similar actions. For massive moral dilemmas, there might be more of an argument for deontological, but utilitarian ethics help deal with shades of gray.

15.) LEMMY

9 hours ago, Hawkwing said:
  1. Something you fell in love with immediately?
  2. Something that had to grow on you?
  3. Something (in reality or fiction) that you'd pay good money to see?
  4. Thoughts/opinions on Batman?
  5. Favorite dream you've ever had?

1.) Mostly music these days. I can hear 5-10 seconds of a song and usually determine how much I'll like it. Every month or so I'll hear a song that makes me go "THIS IS  MY NEW FAVORITE SONG OF ALL TIME AND NOTHING WILL EVER TOP IT"

Shaun of the Dead is a non-music example. My best friend and I got into the theater in like... the 7th grade, and I was just enamored with the movie. It was the first time I ever processed that a comedy could have amazing direction and proper writing. It's been one of my favorite movies ever since.

Also Dragon Ball Z. Watching DBZ in the late-90s as a kid was like taking some sort of mind-altering drug. There was nothing like it. My normal child brain was acclimated to colorful slapstick cartoons and Pokemon, and then suddenly there were these ripped dudes screaming, throwing fire balls, punching holes in each other, and just in general brutalizing each other.

2.) Science. In 8th grade when they were giving us generalized science courses intended to get us introduced to lab etiquette, I was one of those "Man, screw this nerd stuff, let me play with the Bunsen Burner." kids. Earth Science in 9th grade and biology in the 10th grade went similarly. It wasn't until Junior year chemistry that I started to really like the sciences. I had a teacher I really liked, and I found the subject matter interesting. I still wasn't all on the ball, and I still skated by in chemistry and physics in my senior year.

When I got to college and I needed to figure out what I wanted to do, I figured I had not future in music, and came to the conclusion that after music, the thing I enjoyed most in school was physical education but there was also no future in that science. Specifically chemistry. Then after taking college level biology courses, I also figured out that I really like that, too. And that's how Slumber the Biochemist was born.

3.) An army of clowns fighting an army of mimes.

4.) Batman's great. Been a big fan since growing up with TAS.

5.) Unfortunately I'm a super light sleeper and never remember my dreams. I've never had vivid dreams.

4 hours ago, The DanMan said:

1. Would you rather something be equal parts amazing and terrible, or thoroughly average in every aspect?

2. A game you only got into after stepping away from it/dropping it once?

1.) I think I'd rather have something be equal parts amazing and terrible. It mostly depends in which ways that thing is terrible and amazing.

2.) Demon's Souls. I rented it when it shortly after it came out, and didn't even get to the Phalanx. I got my ass kicked so many times, I just gave up. It was already down to $20 on Amazon about 6 months after, and on a whim I decided to buy it. A few hours in and everything clicked, and I've been a massive Souls fan ever since.

1. Something you’re glad you tried, but will never do again?
  2. Something that seems to bother others, but never/rarely you?
  3. Something you want to like, but can’t for one reason or another?
  4. Something you wish had a sequel?
  5. Thoughts/opinions on the Elder Scrolls?
  6. Favorite/Least Favorite story trope/clichue?
  7. Favorite/Least Favorite character trope/cliche?
  8. Favorite/Least Favorite gameplay trope/cliche?
Edited by Hawkwing
Spelled Cliche wrong. For the final time.

Hi

1: First/Current impressions of me?

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

9 hours ago, Hawkwing said:
  1. Something you’re glad you tried, but will never do again?
  2. Something that seems to bother others, but never/rarely you?
  3. Something you want to like, but can’t for one reason or another?
  4. Something you wish had a sequel?
  5. Thoughts/opinions on the Elder Scrolls?
  6. Favorite/Least Favorite story trope/clique?
  7. Favorite/Least Favorite character trope/clique?
  8. Favorite/Least Favorite gameplay trope/cliche?

1.) Probably sky diving.

2.) I really don't get too bothered by a lot of stuff. Bad driving is probably the biggest one I notice. I really don't get road rage.

3.) Neon Genesis Evangelion. Alternatively, Sony's direction for AAA exclusives in the post-PS2 era of gaming(See question 8).

4.) Guitar Romantic by The Exploding Hearts.

5.) I like Morrowind, not a fan of Oblivion, and can really only stomach Skyrim with heavy mod support. I have a lot to say about TES3-5, but that's almost a thread on its own.

6.) The aimless hero finds a purpose trope/The idiot hero who is destined for greatness trope

7.) As said earlier, the moody rival/The idiot hero

8.) Does satisfying combat count as a trope?/Gameplay that suddenly and without clear indication transitions into cinematics(Also, NPCs you have to follow that move slower than your slowest movement option)

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Hi

1: First/Current impressions of me?

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

Howdy.

1.) Can't remember first impressions, but currently you're another one of my favorites here.

2.) Get rich, retire early, and live on a beach somewhere.

3.) They're cool, but a huge hassle. Maybe eventually, but right now I have no plans.

4.) Probably Dark Souls 2 or FF8. Not everyone hates those things, but those are big things that come to mind. More so Dark Souls 2 than FF8, but I find Dark Souls 2 to be a perfectly acceptable Souls game(Albeit definitely not quite up to the series' standards in a lot of ways, but it manages to do some things better than any of the other Soulsborne games), and a great game in general.

5.) Juno. God I hate that movie. The morals of the Jason Bateman/Jennifer Garner couple is so fucked, and we're meant to sympathize with the absolute wrong character there.

Edited by Slumber

On 6/7/2018 at 12:04 PM, Slumber said:

1.) Yes, and I love both. I was totally in to Jackass and Viva la Bam when 2 came out, so I wasn't turned off by the framing device of 2. It has some of my favorite music in the TH series, and some of my favorite levels.

Cool, yeah. The Distillers always make me think of those games.

Okay so here's a music rec (if you want it.)  and one last question.

1.) What's your second favorite movie of all time?

You might've already heard of these, but here they are. Like 'em or leave 'em.

Mary Bell.

Spoiler

The Replacements

Spoiler

Ellen and the Degenerates

Spoiler

Richard Hell and the Voidoids.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, ProfImpossible said:

Cool, yeah. The Distillers always make me think of those games.

Okay so here's a music rec (if you want it.)  and one last question.

1.) What's your second favorite movie of all time?

You might've already heard of these, but here they are. Like 'em or leave 'em.

Mary Bell.

Hide contents

The Replacements

Reveal hidden contents

Ellen and the Degenerates

Reveal hidden contents

Richard Hell and the Voidoids.

Hide contents

I actually think a Distillers song is in THUG2, so it makes sense why you'd associate them.

1.) That might be a tougher one. It's split between two wildly different movies, but I'll go with the one that's objectively a much better film.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

I even did a presentation on it in my high school psych class.

I've heard of Ellen and the Degenerates, and I've been a fan of Richard Hell and the Replacements for years. The Replacements specifically are one I have a looooong history with. Together with Husker Du, they were the foundation of the Twin Cities punk scene in the 80s, and my mom knew members of the Replacements and was a roommate of the members of Husker Du(I might have that backwards, but eh).

Mary Bell is new, though.

While we're on the topic of female-led punk bands, I'll toss a few recommendations your way:

White Lung:

Spoiler

The Newports

Spoiler

Mobina Galore

Spoiler

And then a small local band from my area

Kitten Forever

Spoiler

6. What's a self set target you haven't reached yet?
7. Have you been to music concerts or Other similar Festivals yet?
8. Any sights close to your location you'd recommend us to visit?
9. Which character has died the most in all your FE playthroughs?
10. How did you find your interview?

3 hours ago, Slumber said:

I actually think a Distillers song is in THUG2, so it makes sense why you'd associate them.

1.) That might be a tougher one. It's split between two wildly different movies, but I'll go with the one that's objectively a much better film.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

I even did a presentation on it in my high school psych class.

I've heard of Ellen and the Degenerates, and I've been a fan of Richard Hell and the Replacements for years. The Replacements specifically are one I have a looooong history with. Together with Husker Du, they were the foundation of the Twin Cities punk scene in the 80s, and my mom knew members of the Replacements and was a roommate of the members of Husker Du(I might have that backwards, but eh).

Mary Bell is new, though.

While we're on the topic of female-led punk bands, I'll toss a few recommendations your way:

White Lung:

Reveal hidden contents

The Newports

Reveal hidden contents

Mobina Galore

Reveal hidden contents

And then a small local band from my area

Kitten Forever

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah yeah, I think it's beat your heart out.

Jeez, that's pretty damn cool.

Awesome, thanks a lot! (Kitten Forever is sweet)

well, I have more questions now. Here are the obscure ones. Obviously don't feel obligated to listen to all these.

First things first, Have you heard of the Miami Dolphins? I believe they're from around the twin cities too.

Spoiler

Next is Hickey.

Spoiler

Finally, Melt Banana.

Spoiler

And then, not as obscure. Otoboke beaver

Spoiler

Also, thanks, it was an enjoyable interview. It's not often I meet someone with such similar musical taste.

Nominations for #180 are open.
Nomination ends next Tuesday.

A re-interview is allowed this round.
You may nominate one user who has already had an interview before. Please read the rules on re-interviews for more information.

Slumber may answer the remaining questions.

17 hours ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

6. What's a self set target you haven't reached yet?
7. Have you been to music concerts or Other similar Festivals yet?
8. Any sights close to your location you'd recommend us to visit?
9. Which character has died the most in all your FE playthroughs?
10. How did you find your interview?

6.) Hm... I don't really have any goals right now, beyond the "retire early" bit. I guess joining a boxing/kickboxing gym? Not really a huge aspiration.

7.) I've been to a few concerts. The first big one I really went to was when Blink-182 reunited. My best friend and I had a bunch of nostalgia, so being able to see them with him was nice. We also wanted to go to boo Fall Out Boy, which was a lot of fun. 

But as of late, not really. I don't hang out with people who listen to the music I like, and I'm the type of person who feels weird being alone at a concert.

Haven't gone to any big festivals. Almost went to Lollapalooza a few years ago, but I couldn't with school.

8.) It's weird. The Twin Cities have a bunch of cool stuff, but not one standout amazing thing. It's just generally a very nice area with a lot of stuff to do. The closest would probably be First Avenue, for anyone coming here to see a show. Probably the most famous music venue in the Twin Cities.

9.) Erk.

10.) It was fine and fun.

14 hours ago, ProfImpossible said:

Yeah yeah, I think it's beat your heart out.

Jeez, that's pretty damn cool.

Awesome, thanks a lot! (Kitten Forever is sweet)

well, I have more questions now. Here are the obscure ones. Obviously don't feel obligated to listen to all these.

First things first, Have you heard of the Miami Dolphins? I believe they're from around the twin cities too.

Reveal hidden contents

Next is Hickey.

Reveal hidden contents

Finally, Melt Banana.

Reveal hidden contents

And then, not as obscure. Otoboke beaver

Reveal hidden contents

Also, thanks, it was an enjoyable interview. It's not often I meet someone with such similar musical taste.

Maimi Dolphins are a new one. Thanks.

And yeah, thanks for the music questions and recommendations.