SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

5. My life has made me feel like Sysiphus quite a bit at times.

Oof. Hope you have Albert Camus's perspective on that...

VIII. Fire is your favorite Pokemon type, and your favorite element. Any particular reason why?

IX. ... Does this Fire affinity also mean you'd say "hot" if I asked "Hot or cold?"

X. You mentioned wanting to own armor. Do you own any other medieval type stuff, such as swords?

XI. Do you live in a rural, urban, or suburban area, or a combination?

XII. Which do you prefer of the areas above?

XIII. Favorite game franchises other than Fire Emblem?

XIV. Est is your favorite Fire Emblem archetype, correct? How about your second favorite?

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Lyn works well with her Brash Desperation combo, so personal weapon and Desperation in the B slot.  Fury works well in A, since it helps get her in range.  Swift Sparrow is nice, but it's 5* exclusive.  I'd do Ardent Sacrifice to help get her into range.

Isn't Desperation built into her weapon? Or is that negated with the Brash Assault refinement?

40 minutes ago, Hashuni Mei said:

Why are you so cool?

(I don't remember why I think u're cool but eh I had a reason at one point. Do you agree, disagree?)

I would like to think of myself as cool, but honestly I think I'm too dorky to be cool.

17 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Oof. Hope you have Albert Camus's perspective on that...

VIII. Fire is your favorite Pokemon type, and your favorite element. Any particular reason why?

IX. ... Does this Fire affinity also mean you'd say "hot" if I asked "Hot or cold?"

X. You mentioned wanting to own armor. Do you own any other medieval type stuff, such as swords?

XI. Do you live in a rural, urban, or suburban area, or a combination?

XII. Which do you prefer of the areas above?

XIII. Favorite game franchises other than Fire Emblem?

XIV. Est is your favorite Fire Emblem archetype, correct? How about your second favorite?

8. Not sure, I've just always liked fire and explosions.  Growing up in the country, we had bonfires quite a bit, and back when I was a kid, you could buy fireworks from vendors off the street.  I majored in chemistry in undergrad, so at least I put my curiosity to good use.

9. Yep

10. I have a couple swords (which is good for quite a few man points, according to @Shoblongoo), but I would love to get some medieval clothing, like dresses.

11. Combination is probably the best answer, currently

12. I like rural, but close enough to town to get the essentials

13. Baldur's Gate, the Tales of Series, RPGs in general

14. I love building up units.  After Ests, I guess the "Merric" would be one.  I always love training up mages.

10 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Isn't Desperation built into her weapon? Or is that negated with the Brash Assault refinement?

Yep, you're right.  I was thinking pre-refinement.  Vantage could be a good B skill to add on top of that.

I'm normally not inquisitive, but...

1. Care for museums?
  2. Do you read at all for pleasure? If so, what?
  3. Place you want to visit the most?
  4. What would you ideally do on a typical day of a vacation?
  5. Since you like Titania, any one support/dialogue/moment of her's you like?
  6. I know it's niche and certainly not for everyone, but any interest in the Etrian Odyssey series?
  7. Opinion on this?
Spoiler

TitaniaSMT2

8. Lastly, opinion on myself?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
Picture was there that wasn't supposed to be anymore

REZZY i'm late sorry 

1. something something opinion of me question?

2. Favourite country or place you've visited?

3. Top 5 places you'd like to go?

4. Any tips for keeping a long term relationship? n-no i'm not asking for myself

5. Do you prefer the art style in PoR or RD?

12 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Our first kiss was while watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail at my apartment.

Anddddddd that's when you know you've found a keeper. 

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I have a couple swords (which is good for quite a few man points, according to @Shoblongoo)

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I've played many different characters over the years.  My very first character was a Half-elf Ranger who was chaotic good with no real backstory besides being a shameless self-insert because I was 12.

Soon as I saw your score  I said to myself this chick owns medieval weapons.

So back when I played the game and was super into writing characters, I had a 4th edition Warlock whose gimmick was that he had been contacted by "The Thing From Beyond Stars." And it was always ambiguous whether this thing was an alien or a demon or a lovecraftian deity, but he was slowly going insane from talking to it.

All his spells and abilities had a Cthulu Mythos motif going on. So his powers would actually fluctuate depending on the time of the month or the season IRL--he would get certain perks and bonus rolls only when certain constellations were visible, or certain stars were in alignment. 

And of course because [Darkness of The Mythos], every time he leveled up or used a new spell he had to sacrifice sanity. So he started off as just an eccentric old wizard and became progressively more batshit the more I played him.

That was a fun character. 

1)  You a fan of H.P. Lovecraft, or anything in that genre of horror-fantasy and weird fiction?

2)  Any other fictional settings besides D&D and Fire Emblem that you've gotten deeply immersed in?

3) What do you look for in a fantasy setting? What, for you, does the setting need to do to draw you in and achieve full immersion?  

4) How long did you and your husband date before getting married?

5) Who proposed? How did they do it? Was it a surprise?

Edited by Shoblongoo

Rezzy getting re-interviewed? Oh, how I have waited for this day...

1) First impressions of me?

2) Current impressions of me?

3) I'm pretty sure this is a record for re-interviews. How does it feel to be super-loved by an internet community?

4) A lot of people here refer to you as their "mom". In fact, your "mom" status is almost as legendary as Elieson's "dad" status! Do you have any idea how this got started? How does it make you feel?

5) Discord when?

12 hours ago, Rezzy said:

8. Not sure, I've just always liked fire and explosions.  Growing up in the country, we had bonfires quite a bit, and back when I was a kid, you could buy fireworks from vendors off the street.  I majored in chemistry in undergrad, so at least I put my curiosity to good use.

9. Yep

10. I have a couple swords (which is good for quite a few man points, according to @Shoblongoo), but I would love to get some medieval clothing, like dresses.

Fireworks are popular here as well, though I've never been the biggest fan.

Dang. I guess you can't join the Ice Army I'm amassing.

Neat! I have a couple swords as well.

XV. Have you ever gone fishing?

XVI. Quality or quantity?

XVII. Eastern or Western dragon?

XVIII. Katana, broadsword, or scimitar?

XIX. Ever solved a Rubix Cube?

XX. Samurai or ninja?

XXI. Do you play Legend of Zelda?

Thanks for the questions, everybody.  I think I'll divide these up again.

17 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm normally not inquisitive, but...

1. Care for museums?
  2. Do you read at all for pleasure? If so, what?
  3. Place you want to visit the most?
  4. What would you ideally do on a typical day of a vacation?
  5. Since you like Titania, any one support/dialogue/moment of her's you like?
  6. I know it's niche and certainly not for everyone, but any interest in the Etrian Odyssey series?
  7. Opinion on this?
  Reveal hidden contents

TitaniaSMT2

8. Lastly, opinion on myself?

1. They can be nice, if it's for something I'm interested in.

2. I used to.  Sadly, it's hard for me to find the time and quiet to read properly.  Nowadays, I mostly listen to audio books while driving.

3. It would be nice to see Europe again.

4. Just sitting and relaxing without any responsibilities for a while would be nice.

5. Thankfully, she gets enough screen time in the actual story to flesh her out.  Her support are mostly fluff reinforcing her personality, with a bit of backstory on her.  Learning her relationship with Greil and her unrequited love for him is probably the best part.

6. I have not played it, sadly.

7. Pretty. Who is that?

8. You're a nice guy and should download Heroes, rather than just lurk.

12 hours ago, Natalie said:

REZZY i'm late sorry 

1. something something opinion of me question?

2. Favourite country or place you've visited?

3. Top 5 places you'd like to go?

4. Any tips for keeping a long term relationship? n-no i'm not asking for myself

5. Do you prefer the art style in PoR or RD?

1. It's fun to talk with you and see your artwork.  You're a much better artist than me.

2. I'm not good at picking favorites.  Apart from the USA, I've visited France, Switzerland, Italy, the Vatican, Austria, Germany, the Netherlands, and England.  It would be nice to go back to any of those.

3. Any of the above.  I like seeing castles.

4. Be honest and open.  Try to do stuff together you both find interesting.

5. PoR, but I like them both.

8 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Anddddddd that's when you know you've found a keeper. 

Soon as I saw your score  I said to myself this chick owns medieval weapons.

So back when I played the game and was super into writing characters, I had a 4th edition Warlock whose gimmick was that he had been contacted by "The Thing From Beyond Stars." And it was always ambiguous whether this thing was an alien or a demon or a lovecraftian deity, but he was slowly going insane from talking to it.

All his spells and abilities had a Cthulu Mythos motif going on. So his powers would actually fluctuate depending on the time of the month or the season IRL--he would get certain perks and bonus rolls only when certain constellations were visible, or certain stars were in alignment. 

And of course because [Darkness of The Mythos], every time he leveled up or used a new spell he had to sacrifice sanity. So he started off as just an eccentric old wizard and became progressively more batshit the more I played him.

That was a fun character. 

1)  You a fan of H.P. Lovecraft, or anything in that genre of horror-fantasy and weird fiction?

2)  Any other fictional settings besides D&D and Fire Emblem that you've gotten deeply immersed in?

3) What do you look for in a fantasy setting? What, for you, does the setting need to do to draw you in and achieve full immersion?  

4) How long did you and your husband date before getting married?

5) Who proposed? How did they do it? Was it a surprise?

Cool

1. It's fun, but I've never actually played Call of Cthula

2. I really like Sci-Fi, particularly Star Trek.

3. I'm not too picky.  It's a bit hard to say, being so subjective.

4. Over 3 years

5. It was sort of a mutual decision.  We were driving down the road after dinner one evening, and were like "Hey, you want to get married?" "Sure"

7 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

Rezzy getting re-interviewed? Oh, how I have waited for this day...

1) First impressions of me?

2) Current impressions of me?

3) I'm pretty sure this is a record for re-interviews. How does it feel to be super-loved by an internet community?

4) A lot of people here refer to you as their "mom". In fact, your "mom" status is almost as legendary as Elieson's "dad" status! Do you have any idea how this got started? How does it make you feel?

5) Discord when?

1. Country boy

2. You're a good kid.  You remind me of several of my friends, or even myself when I was younger, maybe being considered sheltered or innocent depending on how you look at it, but that can be a good thing and nothing to be ashamed of.

3. I think there's been a few re-interviews already.  I'm flattered that people are still interested in me.

4. I'm not sure exactly how it started, except maybe because I have offspring in real life.  I'm honored that people think of me that way.

5. Is Discord a real-time chat?  I've thought about getting it, but worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up with it.

5 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Fireworks are popular here as well, though I've never been the biggest fan.

Dang. I guess you can't join the Ice Army I'm amassing.

Neat! I have a couple swords as well.

XV. Have you ever gone fishing?

XVI. Quality or quantity?

XVII. Eastern or Western dragon?

XVIII. Katana, broadsword, or scimitar?

XIX. Ever solved a Rubix Cube?

XX. Samurai or ninja?

XXI. Do you play Legend of Zelda?

15. Yes, I used to go fishing with my dad and sister sometimes, but it's been a while.

16. Quality

17. Western Dragon

18. Broadsword

19. Yep

20. Ninja

21. I've played most of the old games, and the NES original one was one of my first games, but I don't have a Wii U or Switch, so I haven't played the most recent ones.

I think I got all of them.  Let me know if I forgot any and feel free to ask more.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Shin Megami Tensei's version (well one version, another looks very different) of the mythological Queen of the Fairies- Titania.

I see; I really like her dress.  I don't know why, but I really like green dresses.

1. Thoughts on me?

2.If you are a Star Trek fan. What are you thoughts of Star Trek Discover so far? 

3. Any general advice for a person still learning in this world?

4.What Fire Emblem character you closely resemble?

5. Any tips for starting D&D?

6) What made SF "click" with you? 

7) Do you enjoy classical art?

8) What is your favorite song?

9) What is the riskiest thing you've ever done?

10) What is the most risque thing you've ever done? You're going to make me regret asking that, aren't you...

XXII. You are quite open on the internet, at least in my perspective (rarely would I willingly give my name up so freely as you do). Is there any specific reason you are so open?

XXIII. Favorite Pokemon?

XXIV. Favorite Pokemon generation?

XXV. Favorite Zelda game of those you've played?

XXVI. Favorite character from each Fire Emblem game you've played?

XXVII. Least favorite character from each Fire Emblem game you've played?

XXVIII. If I might ask, first and current impressions of one Rex Glacies?

6. Why do you want to see the magic triangle back? Because I don't consider it a legitimate strategic element.

7. Are you into magical girl anime (Sailor Moon, Glitter Force, etc.)?

8. Favorite Gym Leader?

9. Favorite Elite Four member?

10. Have you played Pokémon Colosseum and/or Pokémon XD?

6. Favorite moment(s) on SF?

7. Have you played any FE games you hadn't played before since your last interview?

8. In your opinion, who was the rightful King of England after the death of Edward the Confessor: Harold Godwinson, William of Normandy, Harald Hardrada or other?

9. First and current impressions of me?

11 hours ago, Rezzy said:

1. It's fun to talk with you and see your artwork.  You're a much better artist than me.

Aww thank you~

4. Be honest and open.  Try to do stuff together you both find interesting.

I see, I see.

5. Is Discord a real-time chat?  I've thought about getting it, but worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up with it.

It is, but I never stay up to date. I just pop in as and when.

24 minutes ago, Septimius Severus said:

8. In your opinion, who was the rightful King of England after the death of Edward the Confessor: Harold Godwinson, William of Normandy, Harald Hardrada or other?

6. Wouldn't you agree that Hatt is a stupid bum?

7. What are some of you first memories of SF, or some of the people you initially remember interacting with?

8. Do you think SF has changed much since, and do you still interact with the same or mostly different people now?

9. Top 5 favourite FE characters based on personality?

10. Top 5 FE characters based on appearance?

16 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I really like Sci-Fi, particularly Star Trek.

good taste.

1. Ever tried getting into battlestar galatctica? (highly recommend it if you haven't)

2. Do any table-top gaming besides D&D?

3.  Have you ever played Dominion or Settlers of Catan? You a fan of that kind of hobby-gaming?

4. Did you ever have any interest in the kinkster or partying scene back in your college days, or was it strictly pre-med + nerd hobbies?

5. Is there anything you could do before you had kids that you can't do anymore, and miss being able to do?

6. Hardest part about being a new parent?

7. Something no one told you about being a parent that you wish someone would have told you before you became a mom?

8. I hate to ask--but everyone's doing it. First and current impressions of me?

Edited by Shoblongoo

Ooh, lots of questions; I'll divide these up again.

21 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

1. Thoughts on me?

2.If you are a Star Trek fan. What are you thoughts of Star Trek Discover so far? 

3. Any general advice for a person still learning in this world?

4.What Fire Emblem character you closely resemble?

5. Any tips for starting D&D?

1. You were the one who did the Heroes Orb giveaway, correct?  I think you're quite generous.  I've thought of doing another, but I'm worried it can't live up to my first one, where people got six 5*s.

2. I have not yet seen it.  I've been meaning to binge watch it to catch up, but I've been busy.

3. Know that the more you learn, the more you'll learn that there is more to learn.  Never assume what you think you know is true, and don't trust people who think they do either.

4. Increasingly Titania

5. That would be a nice list to make someday.  One thing would be to get one of the "Starter Sets" that 5th edition D&D has released which gives a general introduction to the rules.

21 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

1.thoughts on me?

2. Favorite FE?

3. Favorite Console?

4. Any advice about the world you can offer?

5. Thoughts for questions I have no ideas?

1. Nice guy who's a member of the "Wave" of people who popped up on the site last year.

2. Probably a tie between FE7 and FE9

3. For Nostalgia, the NES and SNES hold the fondest place for me.

4. Keep an open mind, and the most popular opinions aren't always the right ones.

5. Maybe ask me something about Harry Potter.

20 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

6) What made SF "click" with you? 

7) Do you enjoy classical art?

8) What is your favorite song?

9) What is the riskiest thing you've ever done?

10) What is the most risque thing you've ever done? You're going to make me regret asking that, aren't you...

6. Probably the FftF/Games section community.  I met a lot of online friends there and it made me stick around after the hype of Fates was over.

7. It's nice

8. Cat's in the Cradle

9. Took a quarter million dollars in debt to go to school

10. I'm going to have to take a pass on answering that directly.  I don't want to upset @Arcanite again or go above PG-13.

16 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

XXII. You are quite open on the internet, at least in my perspective (rarely would I willingly give my name up so freely as you do). Is there any specific reason you are so open?

XXIII. Favorite Pokemon?

XXIV. Favorite Pokemon generation?

XXV. Favorite Zelda game of those you've played?

XXVI. Favorite character from each Fire Emblem game you've played?

XXVII. Least favorite character from each Fire Emblem game you've played?

XXVIII. If I might ask, first and current impressions of one Rex Glacies?

22.  I like to foster a friendly community online where we're all friends.  I think people are kinder to each other when they realize it's a real person behind the screen (or a Pokemon @Nym, or a robot @Arcanite, or a cat @Vaximillian) and not just some soulless text.  So sharing a bit of myself with others is just my way of trying to be friendly.

23. Charmeleon

24. Gotta go with the Original

25. A Link to the Past

26. I have many characters I like that might vie for the top spot

FE6: Roy

FE7: Nino

FE8: The Rachel

FE9: Soren (And Titania, so she'll get the next one)

FE10: Titania

FE11: Est

FE12: Wrys (So I'm not doubling up)

FE13: Noire

FE14: Leo

FE15: Palla (this game made me appreciate her a lot more)

27. For most of these, I don't really hate, them, they just have a trait that rubs me the wrong way

FE6: Saul

FE7: Karel

FE8: Riev

FE9: Sanaki

FE10: Sanaki

FE11: It's really hard to say, since 90% of them have no personality

FE12: Ditto FE11

FE13: Nowi

FE14: Reina

FE15: Conrad

28: Nice guy and member of the Counting family.  One of the young and innocent kids.

1. What’s your opinion on RonxHermione?

2. Favourite HP movie and book?

3. Into what houses would you place your kids, and why? 

4. Have you ever ridden on a steam train?

5. What magical discipline would you excel at? 

16 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

6. Why do you want to see the magic triangle back? Because I don't consider it a legitimate strategic element.

7. Are you into magical girl anime (Sailor Moon, Glitter Force, etc.)?

8. Favorite Gym Leader?

9. Favorite Elite Four member?

10. Have you played Pokémon Colosseum and/or Pokémon XD?

6. I think there's potential to differentiate the different types of magic, and the old D&D player in me likes specialist mages.

7. I'm not a fanatic, but I like watching stuff like Sailor Moon and Madoka

8. Probably go with my Fire bias and say Blaine

9. Karen, win with your favorites

10. Yes, both.  I wish they had kept making games like them

13 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Favorite melee weapon for a character to use?

11. Not a super huge preference, but Axes, if I had to pick one.

12 hours ago, Septimius Severus said:

6. Favorite moment(s) on SF?

7. Have you played any FE games you hadn't played before since your last interview?

6. Hard to pick just one.  I like the overall community here.

7. I've started playing Heroes since then.  I forget if I tried to start FE4 before or after that, but the interface and gameplay was too cumbersome for me.

8. None of the above, really.  Edgar Aetheling should have been the rightful heir by right of blood, but 11th century England was a mess when it came to succession, even before 1066.  William the Bastard probably had the weakest claim, but I shouldn't complain, since I have Norman ancestry.

9. History buff/I think you're an intelligent young man who has misguided views about when the Roman Empire ended.  I always look forward to our conversations.

11 hours ago, Natalie said:

Aww thank you~

I see, I see.

It is, but I never stay up to date. I just pop in as and when.

6. Wouldn't you agree that Hatt is a stupid bum?

7. What are some of you first memories of SF, or some of the people you initially remember interacting with?

8. Do you think SF has changed much since, and do you still interact with the same or mostly different people now?

9. Top 5 favourite FE characters based on personality?

10. Top 5 FE characters based on appearance?

6. Only when it comes to the Byzantine Empire.

7. I started back in 2015.  I remember trying to get gameplay info on Fates, but was really trying to avoid having the story spoiled (in hindsight, it might not have been worth it).  There's lots of people I remember from back then, among them are Hatt, BLS, Fire Emblem Fan, and Captain Karnage here.

8. The Heroes Board has almost become a forum unto itself.  There were two main "waves" that I've noticed.  The first wave from around when I started and then another last year roughly around when Heroes launched.  Many from the first wave are still around.

9. Titania, Est, Leo, L'Arachel, Nolan (Soren is one of my faves, but he'd be a sourpuss to hang out with in real life.)

10. Hmm, not really sure: Nolan, Renning, Naesala, Titania, Oliver