Worst Units and Classes

riolumaster

Anyone tried changing her into Dread Fighter for the instant boost and see how it goes? But then she would end up with even shittier strength growth in the long run -w-

Edited by Ryo

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best part about Odin is his daughter tbh, I just recently finished Chapter 17 and when everyone showed up epicly I was like "Awww yee everyone is here Leon, Xander and everyone time to kick ass! Let's try out Odin!" and see that he does zero damage and was really confused. What was the point of bringing those other units in so late with those bases. As AVGN would say "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!"

Also to answer the Owain question anyone that can make Sorcerer work and hold a Nosfertau was good in Awakening lol. I'd really like to see how everyone else plays IK though I had to grind or straight up have Kamui pairup with Felicia and solo chapters for the most part.

I really don't know what IS was doing with her, gameplaywise. It contradicts a lot of her character. If they're worried about earlygame characters being too strong, well, clearly they don't, because Nohr!Elfie exists.

My best guess is, "We want her to be able to take a hit and be in this really great tanky class... but crap, if she's too tanky then she's the only unit anybody will ever use in Hoshido, Hoshido isn't supposed to have really good tanks," and then they overcompensated.

Hoshido isn't supposed to have really good tanks

But then you have units like Crimson, Oboro, Silas, and somewhat Hinata/Tsubaki. Even Saizou has like 45% personal defense lol.

But then you have units like Crimson, Oboro, Silas, and somewhat Hinata/Tsubaki. Even Saizou has like 45% personal defense lol.

Hoshido's balance seems like it gets thrown out the window once Ryouma and Crimson arrive because they can stomp most of the rest of the game by themselves. Is that accurate?

Hoshido's balance seems like it gets thrown out the window once Ryouma and Crimson arrive because they can stomp most of the rest of the game by themselves. Is that accurate?

Yes with Ryouma, not so much Crimson. She is good but not really enough to steam roll the rest of the game but Ryouma is very powerful. Really all the siblings are all you need to beat the game once they are fully trained.

Compare Hosh to Sacred Stones. Ryoma's strength is a combination of his own merits and the enemies kinda sucking dick for a long ass time and not getting their shit together until it's kill boss. Sufficiently trained units have no difficulty rolling through Hoshido. Ryoma just does it for no investment.

Like, Ryo's the exact same unit in IK but significantly less dominant because enemies are strong from jump and stay that way.

Kind of slightly off topic but I'd say it's also because Ninjas kind of counter Ryoma to a little bit.

Other than that I can't really think of anything that would be that big of a difference...

Tanking is kind of odd though, I'm honestly not sure what to say

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Ninja body everyone pretty hard tbh. By far the most annoying enemy type.

Also, would I be correct in assuming that they attack before other enemy types, assuming a ninja and something else are both in range to attack?

Ninja body everyone pretty hard tbh. By far the most annoying enemy type.

Never forget Nohr!17 Kotarou. 80 and 110 avoid is just dumb

Unbelievable...!!!

I never expected that there'd be a boss in the series that could be as bullshit as Gel, Hyman, or H5 Gazzak...

*insert "ahooga!" sound here*

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Also, would I be correct in assuming that they attack before other enemy types, assuming a ninja and something else are both in range to attack?

The AI behaves like that as unlike Weakness staves and sealing skills, the Ninja's debuffs do stack.

Unbelievable...!!!

I never expected that there'd be a boss in the series that could be as bullshit as Gel, Hyman, or H5 Gazzak...

*insert "ahooga!" sound here*

Hening as well. Damn luck factoring bosses.

These bosses are bad for your tactics rank. :/

Yes with Ryouma, not so much Crimson. She is good but not really enough to steam roll the rest of the game but Ryouma is very powerful. Really all the siblings are all you need to beat the game once they are fully trained.

Steamrolling is completely impossible in this game as Freeze and Weakness staves become very common at endgame. (Nohr/IK)

Hoshido though...have fun! Speed Drain is all you need to steamroll this path. :D

Edited by Princess_Elise

You're correct! It's really annoying because they debuff you significantly then venom takes 20% of your HP. When there is more than one of them it's like RIP.

Lunatic Kotarou is like the evil shinobi love child of HM Henning and H5 Gazzak. + Avo classes on thrones is such a bad idea lol.

Edit: IK has no status staves. It does have ninjas, though which are like status staves that actually hurt you.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Is Asyura worth using on Nohr? I'm hesitant to use him because of his Kamui exclusive support pool.

He has slightly higher base stats than a 20/2 Zero on average.

Zero has much higher growth to catch up soon and outclass Asyura later.

Zero is better overall IMO, but having more bowers is not a bad idea.

Have you trained a Bowman Mozume?

Do you decide to use Golden-kite Warrior Azura/Luna or Bow Knight Luna/Lazward?

Are you getting 2-gen bowers like Midoriko/Eponine?

If you want a lot bowers but you don't get a lot, just use Zero+Asyura.

He has slightly higher base stats than a 20/2 Zero on average.

Zero has much higher growth to catch up soon and outclass Asyura later.

Zero is better overall IMO, but having more bowers is not a bad idea.

Have you trained a Bowman Mozume? I haven't decided on using Mozume yet.

Do you decide to use Golden-kite Warrior Azura/Luna or Bow Knight Luna/Lazward? I plan on using Aqua as just a singer for the most part and I'm not using Luna or Lazwald.

Are you getting 2-gen bowers like Midoriko/Eponine? I'm definitely using Midoriko but I don't know who Eponine's mother should be.

If you want a lot bowers but you don't get a lot, just use Zero+Asyura.

Is there a need for so many bow units?

You're correct! It's really annoying because they debuff you significantly then venom takes 20% of your HP. When there is more than one of them it's like RIP.

Lunatic Kotarou is like the evil shinobi love child of HM Henning and H5 Gazzak. + Avo classes on thrones is such a bad idea lol.

Edit: IK has no status staves. It does have ninjas, though which are like status staves that actually hurt you.

Figures...

How much HP do thrones heal? 20%?

Edit and Bold: Does IK have thousands of them?

Figures...

How much HP do thrones heal? 20%?

Edit: Does IK have thousands of them?

Thrones are +3 Def/Res, +30 Evade, and 20% recovery. IK actually only has like 2 thrones I think, most of the rest are just forts. Granted 1 of the thrones is on Fuuga in chapter 9 so....

Can't tell about late-game, but as of chapter 18, no. There are some chapters like 10 and Lutz's paralogue with lots of flying enemies where more bow units would help quite a bit, of course, but it's not required.

Thrones are +3 Def/Res, +30 Evade, and 20% recovery. IK actually only has like 2 thrones I think, most of the rest are just forts. Granted 1 of the thrones is on Fuuga in chapter 9 so....

Bold: Urk! That, like, sucks.

No. People say there is but I made my way through Nohr!Lunatic just fine with only Adventurer!Zero and Bow Knight!Luna(Who mostly used swords any ways). They are handy cause you do face more fliers in Nohr since Peg Warriors and such, and Adventurers make for good staff bots, like Asyura since if you use Elise and make her a Strategist, she will be doing more offensive stuff then(Well mine did).

It is up to you but you do not need several bow users. Despite their buff, they are not that good. One or two will suffice for the whole game.

Also, to answer your question on Asyura, unless he is marrying Kamui or going to be a stff-bot, I would not use him.

Edited by Azz

I think I'll edit the original post to show the general consensus. Here's what I've gathered so far:

Units:

"Worst":

Odin (IK)

Tsukuyomi (Birthright)

Mozume (Birthright)

Bad:

Rinkah

Odin (Conquest)

Mozume

Sub-par:

Pieri

Lazward

Setsuna

Asama

Classes:

Sub-Par:

Weapon Master

Basara

Mercenary/Hero

Does anyone disagree for feel anyone needs to be added?

EDIT 1: Removed Lazward and added Rinkah

Edit 2: Made changes based on respones

Edited by riolumaster