New ~Official Touhou Chat Thread~

deleted35362

poll title  

37 members have voted

1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

Well... read the pages.

there's nothing wrong with it. I just know that being on the verge of a 1cc for so long can be a really frustrating experience, and Iwant you to enjoy this series without it having it be agonizing for you. but if you're happy with playing the other games, there's nothing wrong with that

I'll get a new laptop sometime since my current one is going to break apart. 
I hope this one let me configurate gamepads so I still might come back to this.

I still have the motivation to say sometime I've beaten a Touhou part!

Edited by はたの 秦 こころ

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, はたの 秦 こころ said:

Also first I apologize to you for annoying you with my same kind of posts like every year. I guess it's like the third time that I'm whining that I can't go further in IN.

Nothing wrong with it. I'm happy to help to the best of my abilities.

2 hours ago, Futaba said:

i think i can adjust to her though
uhhh i think B? if that's the second option you can choose lol

SakuyaB is by far the worst shot type in DDC if you just want to beat the game. If you want to play as Sakuya, I'd recommend sticking to SakuyaA, who in turn is one of the best shot types in the game. Her bomb in particular acts as a shield, and you get back 3 bomb pieces if it runs out without getting hit.

1 minute ago, shezzy said:

also is it just me or is stage 1 in SA way more troublesome than stage 2

The thing about SA Stage 2 is it's just really, really gimmicky imo.

It's really just a matter of knowing what to do going in.

Of course, I can only speak for Normal, not Hard.  But at least that's the impression I get.

I ended up trying EOsD on Hard for shits and giggles the other day, after not touching the main games for a long while. i made it to Stage 4 before I started screwing up and dying.

Although that's actually when I start running into trouble even on Easy and Normal, i'm surprised I made it that far at all.

Edited by Zak Something

2 hours ago, shezzy said:

SA Stage 1 is probably the hardest Stage 1 in any Touhou game, and definitely harder than Stage 2, yes. Even if we include the bosses, Yamame is probably harder than Parsee, especially on Lunatic (her first non-spell...).

no one does that except secondaries who think that because SA Normal's difficulty is higher than other Normals, it applies to the other difficulties as well 

and paying attention to their opinions is silly in the first place 

4 hours ago, shezzy said:

you know i honestly think SA lunatic is a bit overrated difficulty wise.

the really only TRULY difficult stage is stage 5, everything else can chip off your lives but there's never really anything too overwhelming

so it just means that getting the 1cc takes a LOT of attempts to get those first 4 stages right, then lose a ton of resources on stage 5, and pray you still have enough for okuu. and stage 6 is one of the easiest lunatic stage 6's in the series ive 2cc'd it multiple times o-okay

maybe im just salty about my uhh past experiences with it, but honestly playing it again today it really feels more frustrating than actually impossible.

SA Lunatic is definitely tough, if just because bosses have a metric ton of HP and most bombs don't do very much to them, so bomb-skipping isn't much of a thing in this game. Add to that that Stage 1 is disproportionally difficult for what it is and that Orin is a trash boss that for some reason has to be fought literally five times over the course of a single run and I can definitely see why people rank it pretty high on the difficulty chart, although it's definitely not as utterly nuts as UFO Lunatic or LoLK Normal.

3 hours ago, shezzy said:

not as good on stages :^)

What are you on about
ReimuC is fantastic against stage segments and bosses alike
Being able to aim anywhere freely is extremely useful, and more or less hitting full power at 3 Power already is pretty helpful, too
The passive is also one of the better ones, as it not only synergizes well with her bomb, it also allows you to grab Power and other items via the PoC much more easily than other shot types can, and at full value to boot (unlike ReimuB's passive)

40 minutes ago, shezzy said:

its harder to use

Perhaps, although not by much. Firing both forwards and backwards at the same time if you have 2 Power or more makes it quite easy to align with whatever you want to hit, and if you want to fire in a fixed angle (that includes straight forward) for a bit, you can just focus. The flexibility it gives you more than outweighs the fact that it takes some getting used to, and I find it much easier to use than, say, IN Youmu.

40 minutes ago, shezzy said:

and I find the stage warping to be useful in a few areas

That's true, but so is being able to fire in whatever (two) direction(s) you want, including backwards.
It's like MarisaB except you don't arbitrarily get crap damage at some angles, and quickly adjusting your shot's angle is much easier than cycling through five different shot types in a hurry.

ReimuC's bomb is the only reason why she's even considered for use. She's much more troublesome in a NB environment.

Also thankfully Reisen makes LoLK Normal relatively simple to clear. Same for  Hard and Lunatic (along with Sanae here). And Extra, as well. Bunny bomb is too OP.

Finally beaten TPDP Remilia.
It took me long enough, but it wasn't that hard honestly.
Just needed a revival item and enough puppets left against her. Miko could 2RKO her. Just needed a revival item for her because Remilia could oneshot her. Had to sacrifice someone else after that. Two over ray attacks were the key to success.

Just needed a revival item and enough puppets left against her. Miko could 2RKO her. Just needed a revival item for her because Remilia could oneshot her. Had to sacrifice someone else after that. Two over ray attacks were the key to success.

On 2017-6-23 at 8:03 PM, shezzy said:

2hu thread is eternal

whenever summers comes around I always get back into the games

2hu thread unum et indivisum est.

I'd say "me too," but when summer comes around this year I'll be busy biking through Italy and when I get back from that working every day, so I think I'm gonna pass this year.

On 2017-6-23 at 8:32 PM, Glaceon Sage said:

I haven't posted in this thread in ages.

What happened here in my absence?

Touhou.

23 hours ago, shezzy said:

its amazing how much more clarity you get going back to touhou after taking a break.

i had this mental block where I just could not do yuugi's 2nd to last non spell in SA. did it today with no problems whatsoever.

captured that, yuugi's midboss spell, and got ridiculously fucking close to capturing satori's first spell with 0 power, all stuff that were pretty much auto bombs back when I was going for 1cc.

but of course im so rusty on a ton of other shit it barely even matters. made it decently far into the stage 5 bossfight but that's all i can report

You know, this is actually one of the reasons why I don't want to play Touhou more than once a week (the biggest reason being that I'm an absolute casual when it comes to Touhou).

Practice is important, but if you keep practicing the same thing over and over again, you'reo prone to getting stuck on something, to the point that it's better to take a short break than to keep trying.

I guess the key would be to find the proper balance between practice and break, because rust is a very real problem too.

22 hours ago, Zak Something said:

I ended up trying EOsD on Hard for shits and giggles the other day, after not touching the main games for a long while. i made it to Stage 4 before I started screwing up and dying.

Although that's actually when I start running into trouble even on Easy and Normal, i'm surprised I made it that far at all.

Wow, that's very good.

8 hours ago, はたの 秦 こころ said:

Hey, congrats!