poll title  

37 members have voted

1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

K. Can anyone check to see if 15.5 and 16 work, too?

All files not kept in the folder with the game from 12.5 on are kept in a folder in C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\ShanghaiAlice\th##

Back it up if you're scared.

Edit: Wait, you weren't talking about that, THCRAP should still work, it's the same program.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

51 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

All files not kept in the folder with the game from 12.5 on are kept in a folder in C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\ShanghaiAlice\th##

Back it up if you're scared.

Edit: Wait, you weren't talking about that, THCRAP should still work, it's the same program.

Ok. I’ll come to you for help when I need it.

19 hours ago, Rosalina said:

No, I wanted a figure of her all the time. The ridiculous high prices always daunted me to buy one. But I found this one for 35 €. The quality is not ideal, but it is fine for the price. It is 23 cm tall (including stand). 

So, I converted that to inches, and it seems to be around 9 inches tall.

Yeah, that is a large chest confirmed.

So, if Touhou were to get into Smash, and Reimu became a playable character, what would you think of this set of tracks? My ration is in the brackets

Main character music:

Spoiler

-Maiden’s Capriccio (Both original and a new remix) 

-Love-Colored Master Spark (Both original and a new remix)

-Lunar Clock~Lunar Dial/Flowering Night medley remix [Sakuya is the most reoccurring playable character outside of the main two characters, as well as one of the most popular. I feel she is the one to have the third and final remix here]

EoSD:

Spoiler

-Lunar Clock~Lunar Dial [Theme of Sakuya]

-Septette for the Dead Princess [Final Boss Theme, as well as the theme of a popular character]

-UN Owen was Her? [One of the most iconic Touhou songs. An easy pick.]

PCB:

Spoiler

-Hiroari Shoots a Dead Bird~Till When? [Theme of a reoccurring playable character]

-Border of Life [Final Boss theme]

-Necrofantasia [Theme of an important character in Touhou and the theme of the one official Phantasm boss of the series]

IN:

Spoiler

-Lunatic Eyes~Invisible Full Moon [Popular character, playable character in one game. Also @MarkyJoe1990‘s waifu.]

-Voyage 1969 [Wanted to find a way to represent both Final bosses of Touhou 8. Decided their shared final stage theme would work best]

-Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke [Theme of a popular extra boss]

PoFV:

Spoiler

-Flowering Night [Sakuya’s other theme]

-Fate of Sixty Years [The Theme for the final boss. Did not want to have too many themes, and I felt this game can do with just two.]

MoF:

Spoiler

-Youkai Mountain~Mysterious Mountain [Aya’s theme]

-Faith is for the Transient People [Sanae’s theme]

SA:

Spoiler

-Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom~Nuclear Fusion [Popular Final Boss theme]

-Last Remote [I read somewhere that this was a great extra stage theme, so I put it here]

-Hartmann’s Youkai Girl [Theme of a very popular extra boss]

UFO/TD:

Spoiler

-Emotional Skyscraper~Cosmic Mind 

-Shoutoku Legend~True Administrator

[Both of these are themes of the two final bosses of these games.]

DDC:

Spoiler

-Reverse Ideology [Thought Seija was important enough to the game]

-Inchling of the Shining Needle~Little Princess [Obligatory Final Boss theme]

-Primordial Beat~Pristine Beat [Just thought that this was a semi-necessary addition]

LoLK/HIoFS:

Spoiler

-Pierrot of the Star-Spangled Banner [theme of an infamous boss, and a popular character in the west]

-Pure Furies~Whereabouts of the Heart [Final Boss hen]

-Concealed Four Seasons [Another Final Boss theme]

Fighting Games:

Spoiler

-Catastrophe in Bhava-agra~Wonderful Heaven (SWR) [Final Boss theme and a popular character]

-Beloved Tomboyish Daughter (Hisoutensoku) [Cirno’s Theme has to be somewhere, so I went with the one that fit her character best]

-Tonight Stars an Easygoing Egoist (AoCF) [Most recent fighting game antagonist theme]

Total: 32 songs (including 3 remixes).

I mean, Touhou music is really popular. If any choices or the like need to be criticized, then do so.

If we want to be extra sneaky, we can add in the first stage theme of Touhou 17, too.

5 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

You really tempted to drag Markyjoe to this chat. 

If he really should post here what is never going to happen, you will get a cookie! 

That was on a whim. Unnecessary detail, I guess.

Hyped for the new game.

ZUN's art has really improved since the early Windows games (EoSD/PCB/IN, which is what I play most of the time)

Also, nice figure. I've always wanted a Touhou figure, but can't decide on a character.

Edited by snowyglacier

On 25.4.2019 at 8:32 PM, snowyglacier said:

Hyped for the new game.

ZUN's art has really improved since the early Windows games (EoSD/PCB/IN, which is what I play most of the time)

Also, nice figure. I've always wanted a Touhou figure, but can't decide on a character.

As for me PCB and IN have my favorite artstyle. 

I'm general Touhou figures are expensive, REALLY expensive. 

Still want Byakuren, but it is only available for >150 €, way too much. 

As explanation for what I said before here is the tl;dr:

I ship Mokou x Keine and Remilia x Patchouli.

Various ships in Touhou usually has a name and phrase in Japanese that shows support for them. The Mokou x Keine one is an example, but I had to make one up for Remilia x Patchouli (the name is a “romanized” version of RemiPachu, the name usually used for the ship. It has already existed, just not the phrase).

On 4/27/2019 at 3:35 PM, Rosalina said:

As for me PCB and IN have my favorite artstyle. 

I'm general Touhou figures are expensive, REALLY expensive. 

Still want Byakuren, but it is only available for >150 €, way too much. 

Oh, I do like IN's art. But while it's cute, it's a bit hit and miss in terms of quality. Remember Sakuya's face from EoSD? (Ok, it's not IN, but whatever.)

blob.png.4e126b52fa6ac7cf7e9ded95812e7b2c.png

You know, I like the hair in this one. ^_^

Anime figures are always expensive... :'( I'd probably get Yuyuko if I did get a figure.

Okay, so apparently, these are the games available on the Switch. If any of you guys have played these games, let me know how they are, okay?

-Azure Reflections

-Genso Wanderer Reloaded

-Gensokyo Defenders

-Sky Arena -Matsuri- Climax

-Kobuto V: Burst Battle

So, we apparently have the first 3 midbosses/bosses of Touhou 17 now. Spoilered just in case you guys want to play 17 for real first or you have not played the demo.

• 2 weeks later...

So, what is the most advisable way to get each Touhou game? I know that 15-16 is getting the Steam version + applying the Fanmade English patch is the way to go for those, but I know someone who has almost every Touhou game, and he said that they are all like freeware; you just have to look the game up and find a place to download it. What do I do?