New ~Official Touhou Chat Thread~

deleted35362

poll title  

37 members have voted

1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

Whelp, it's no UFO Lunatic, but you're not getting out of the bullet hell no matter what you pick, so IN is just the logical place to start if you want to ease into the series without getting too discouraged.

Fair enough.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2hou can be fun for me, when I'm really bored and desperated.

I played the 8th part (IN) and this series isn't my cup of tea.

Too chaotic for me and I get eye cancer after a while. And my reaction time is just bad.

And the gif avatars kinda annoy me after a while.

However the music is great.

[spoiler=especially this one:]

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

I think IN sucks because someone ruined it for me, the only reason I'l ever play it again is to defeat and completely destroy Extra with Sakuya solo, otherwise not worth it for me.

I'm claiming it because I think it's worth it to shut that person up at least.

I cleared the extra with Sakuya Solo

My rage while doing so was real.

You can clear with Border or Remilia in a fraction of the time it takes to do it with Sakuya.

IN is my favorite, it's great, don't listen to ZM.

Play border team, btw.

Or Nether Team

Border is better for Ex, while Nether is better for main game.

Play Sakuya solo only way to play imo. :v

Not really. there's 11 other shots to try.

i haven't played touhou should i do it

YES

Also, my parents saw me playing MoF Hard today, specifically the Kanako boss fight.

"Wow, this is like Galaga on crack".

Hahaha

It took me months to 1cc IN easy.

It took me less than a week to 1cc SA Normal, or PCB Hard.

It's all relative. Starting out, you kind of need to have the bullets miss you a bit.

So, the game actually feels, you know, beatable and all.

But that's just my opinion.

Same at the amount of time the IN easy clear took me.

I cleared DDC Normal in a few days.

You obviously got better.

IN still doesn't have bullets.

It does, they're just few and slow.

2hou can be fun for me, when I'm really bored and desperated.

I played the 8th part (IN) and this series isn't my cup of tea.

Too chaotic for me and I get eye cancer after a while. And my reaction time is just bad.

And the gif avatars kinda annoy me after a while.

However the music is great.

Best Touhou Song is this tho

i just downloaded a touhou game for the first time okay were keeping this

discuss anything touhou here!!

old thread: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=50344

my first touhou will be touhou IN. blame glac =u

who is best character in IN?

IN is a great game, in fact, all Touhou games are great. Don't listen to these IN haters. As for which "character" to use, imo the best shot type when starting out is Netherworld Team, since Yuyuko has ridiculous spread that makes stage sections a lot easier.

IN is a great game, in fact, all Touhou games are great. Don't listen to these IN haters. As for which "character" to use, imo the best shot type when starting out is Netherworld Team, since Yuyuko has ridiculous spread that makes stage sections a lot easier.

This~

LOL THE SALT

AHAHAHAHA

What the fuck is this thread.

Gonna bring in my newbie recommendation elitism:

Anyone who wants to start playing Touhou, play EoSD. On normal. Pick whichever shot you like (try em all out).

I really truly despise anyone who recommends starting at the easiest fucking point in the whole series because it's just asking for that person to eventually not play Touhou again. I think people need to learn their initial skill level and how they enjoy the games before deciding where to go, and the best way to gauge that is by how they do at EoSD normal.

IN is too easy to most mlg players like Vincent

No, I just think it's boring and the maingame patterns aren't really fun to dodge. There are some exceptions like Keine and Eirin (I quite enjoy their fights), but everyone else is boring to me.

Also my IN distaste is comically exaggerated. I don't think it's truly a bad game. I see why people appreciate it a lot, and I appreciate and acknowledge the game, as well. Last Words are an amazing concept, the cast of IN is great and the lore they brought to the table is intriguing, the game has one of my favorite overall soundtracks, and playable Yuyuko. But due to the game's maingame being my least favorite overall, I consider IN to be my least favorite and the worst in the series.

You have a point, but still, I would personally like starting with a game I know I have a reasonable chance to beat and improve from there.

If you practice often, then you should consider all the games to be possible candidates. I started with UFO as the game I would 1cc first, for example.

Also I feel it's really lame that everyone seems to be starting with IN. No variety whatsoever.

Ah, well, I haven't been around this recommending newbies things too long.

Still though, a lot of people come in scared of the series, and I doubt they have the dedication to do something too difficult developed yet.

EoSD Normal isn't too difficult, though. People would be surprised by how tame it actually is compared to what they thought.

It's no harder than most modern games on their higher difficulties.

The thing is, if people just want to beat games, then they really need to not play Touhou, IMO, because they will make themselves stupidly frustrated and annoyed. It's far more important that people enjoy the games while playing, regardless of the achievements they get.