deleted35362

poll title  

37 members have voted

1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recommend them secondary stuff like lores and arts and get them involved with the Touhou world, considering that's one of Touhou's biggest charms. After that, EoSD (with hitbox patch).

I would recommend DDC if it doesn't have a kinda more complicated PoC system. Or give them videos to watch and let them try stuff out themselves. From my experience, starting at IN, with its low bullet speed and stuff, would cause some difficulties later in faster games.

"Frustrating" better defines the guys playing Touhou getting worked up over a goal and starting to make threats and vows and losing reasons to keep playing and cursing at the bosses and flooding the last Touhou thread with tears than the games themselves.

Edited by Aryabug

It's hard to get into that mindset though when you're starting the games because a friend recommended it.

Just the idea that they're playing the easiest game shows just how much practice you need to put in the series to even improve a little.

Eventually, you'll start to enjoy it more honestly, and seeing yourself slowly improve is part of the fun IMO.

No, EoSD Normal is not impossible, but it can be pretty damn intimidating.

But on the other hand, IN Easy with Netherworld is a fucking joke and I don't know anyone who could play that and actually enjoy it.

Seeing yourself improve is part of the fun, but I personally would have no reason to improve in a game that I find boring. Dunno if it's the same for everyone (I guess masochists exist).

Yeah, you guys are probably right.

Sorry.

Don't just give up and apologise, if you think you have a point, then explain fully and justify it. There's always the possibility that we're wrong instead and you're right.

"Frustrating" better defines the guys playing Touhou getting worked up over a goal and starting to make threats and vows and losing reasons to keep playing and cursing at the bosses and flooding the last Touhou thread with tears than the games themselves.

lol

You didn't post there, so how would you know. There was plenty of gameplay discussion. Shezzy just bitched a lot.

Also EoSD sux, if you want them to start with an average difficulty start them with MoF Normal.

Because EoSD is the worst Windows Touhou. The input lag (and I can't get vpatch to work with it) and heavy use of rng is terrible. The instruments used in the soundtrack are completely inferior to PCB on.

But eh, opinions.

Also EoSD sux, if you want them to start with an average difficulty start them with MoF Normal.

Because EoSD is the worst Windows Touhou. The input lag (and I can't get vpatch to work with it) and heavy use of rng is terrible. The instruments used in the soundtrack are completely inferior to PCB on.

But eh, opinions.

>using instruments as a means for gameplay

>recommending the game everyone claims is the bombspamming game

MoF Normal should be something newbies should come back to. That game's formula isn't something I'd recommend for a beginning entry. EoSD Normal would be a better first entry because it's not that bad. You haven't played it, so I wouldn't believe your words.

But eh, opinions.

It's the first Touhou game, though, and it's actually a solid shmup. If you don't like the music, you can turn it off in the options. You are unable to use vpatch but that doesn't mean no-one can. RNG is light in normal mode.

No, that's SoEW for just shmups and HRtP overall.

I honestly beg to differ, it gets overwhelming around stage 4

Pedantics, the PC98 games are definitely off-limits IMO for recommending as a first game.

And also, stage 4 is almost all streaming, except for the books. In fact most of EoSD normal's stages are streaming. Not sure how you can think that they're heavy RNG.

Edited by Relick