How would people feel about these characters as DLC?

DSYS

New member here. Anyway, these are some of the characters I'd like as DLC:

Captain Syrup (Wario Land)

Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club part 2)

A Resident Evil character (preferably a female one like Jill or Ada)

Another F-Zero rep (Pico, Black Shadow, Goroh, just to name a few)

Another Punch Out rep (Super Macho Man, King Hippo, Great Tiger, Vodka Drunkenski, Doc, etc)

The Lost Vikings (from, well, The Lost Vikings)

Bad Mister Frosty (Clay Fighter)

Waluigi

Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness)

Raimi (Geist)

Another Metroid rep (Dark Samus, Sylux, etc)

Another Street Fighter rep (Chun Li, Cammy, Zangief, etc)

Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)

Red Arremer (Demon's crest)

Arthur (Ghosts'N Goblin)

Earthworm Jim (Earthworm Jim)

Boogerman (Boogerman)

Crypto (Destroy All Humans)

Simon Belmont (CastleVania)

Another CastleVania rep (Sypha, Shanoa, Alucard, etc)

These are just the ones at the top of my head right now.

Edited by DSYS

I know of barely any of these characters... (I've heard of a few though)

Waluigi shouldn't even be an assist, imo, if Daisy can't have anything more than a regular old trophy. She's been around much longer and wasn't created simply for spinoff filler. Yeah, she actually appeared in a non-Party/sport/kart Mario title. It might not be considered part of the main series, but it's still more than what Waluigi has ever had. Daisy is a much better character and choice for DLC if another Mario rep gets in, imo. Toad would be better than Waluigi too.

For the most part, they look rather obscure to me. Although a Punch Out! character would be a fun addition, no matter who it is. They are all fun and awesome, significance be damned.

Edited by BrightBow

I know of barely any of these characters... (I've heard of a few though)

Waluigi shouldn't even be an assist, imo, if Daisy can't have anything more than a regular old trophy. She's been around much longer and wasn't created simply for spinoff filler. Yeah, she actually appeared in a non-Party/sport/kart Mario title. It might not be considered part of the main series, but it's still more than what Waluigi has ever had. Daisy is a much better character and choice for DLC if another Mario rep gets in, imo. Toad would be better than Waluigi too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHbUpa6-XZs

I'd personally love Waluigi, but I think it's hard for bit characters like him, Daisy and Toad to get a spot.

With how little Wario Land influences there are in Wario's moveset and the fact that she played a major role in 3 Wario Land games, this is actually a good idea.

I think Deathborn (from GX) would be the best choice. He's so powerful he can just teleport people he dislikes to outer space, and his villainous theme is incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gy4IRn291k

As a character from a japan-only game that few have even heard of, her chances of being playable are approximately -50%

Resident Evil is too grimdark for Smash Bros. Also, third party.

Another Punch Out rep (Super Macho Man, King Hippo, Great Tiger, Vodka Drunkenski, Doc, etc)

There is already another Punch Out rep - Donkey Kong!

I've never played these games, so I can't say.

@Shin I'm actually surprised at how well those hackers included Waluigi in Brawl. It certainly adds credence to the possibility of him as a playable character.

@Anacybele I've read too many of your (Daisy > Waluigi) comments for comfort. Daisy's already a pallet swap, which is better than an assist trophy, so your comments are more grating than anything. And don't complain about my "We need a Sin and Punishment rep!", because that series has ZERO reps.

I think Syrup would be a great throwback to the old Wario Land games, especially since Wario in Smash now basically has no references to them.

I am not familiar with this character at all.

Mm...That would feel a little strange for Smash.

If F-Zero gets another game, I think it will deserve a second rep, I wouldn't know who, though, since I don't play the series.

Naw. Punch-Out isn't a big enough series, nor does it have unique enough characters, to warrant another rep.

I have literally never even heard of these.

Waluigi

No.

As a character from a japan-only game that few have even heard of, her chances of being playable are approximately -50%

More like "a lot less that 50%". In fact, she was apparently planned to be in Melee, but Sakurai dropped her for being too obscure.

Resident Evil is too grimdark for Smash Bros.

Yes, Snake was included in Brawl because Metal Gear Solid is all sunshine and flowers, isn't it...

Also, third party.

So? That "reasoning" got invalidated the moment Snake and Sonic were announced for Brawl. Also, people can vote for any videogame character in the Smash Ballot, including third-party characters.

I don't see why not, seeing as though Blizzard isn't doing anything with them...

Edited by NinjaMonkey

@NinjaMonkey When I say "Also, third party," I am referring to the fact that a third-party character always has a much lower chance of being playable than an equivalent first-party character.

Sadly Sakurai himself doesn't like Wario Land and thats why we have little to nothing with it involved in Smash.

Can you give me a source? Because the only thing less explainable than Brawl's tripping is how someone can dislike the Wario Land series.

@NinjaMonkey When I say "Also, third party," I am referring to the fact that a third-party character always has a much lower chance of being playable than an equivalent first-party character.

Can you give me a source? Because the only thing less explainable than Brawl's tripping is how someone can dislike the Wario Land series.

Well for one, there is not even a single reference to the series in the entirety of Smash. It's pretty obvious he doesn't care or doesn't like the franchise.

Well for one, there is not even a single reference to the series in the entirety of Smash. It's pretty obvious he doesn't care or doesn't like the franchise.

That doesn't say anything, he's just using the most recent source material. Back in Melee, if Sakurai had had time to add another unique character, Wario would have been it, and Wario Land would have basically been the only source material to draw from.

In Brawl, Wario had the shoulder barge move from the Wario Land series as part of his moveset. Also, one of the tracks that plays in Smash 4's Gamer stage is from Wario and the Shake Dimension. Oh, and he has his traditional, non-WarioWare clothes as one of his alternate outfits.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

As someone who recently played the excellent Wario Land 4, I know how Wario Land fans feel. And they don't feel good. Why did they remove his signature move, of all things?

@Anacybele I've read too many of your (Daisy > Waluigi) comments for comfort. Daisy's already a pallet swap, which is better than an assist trophy, so your comments are more grating than anything. And don't complain about my "We need a Sin and Punishment rep!", because that series has ZERO reps.

Uh, how is being a palette swap better than being an assist trophy? An assist trophy is the actual character itself doing something in the game. A palette swap is not the actual character, just colors that look like it on a completely different character.

People telling me to just accept Daisy-colored Peach when I've said before that it isn't Daisy and I fucking hate Peach is more grating than anything.

Also, I have no reason to complain about your Sin and Punishment rep comment. I have no idea what the series is about or anything.

Edited by Anacybele

I personally would rather have an Isaac palette swap on a character that looks 98% the same as Isaac than an Isaac assist trophy, because then I could actually pretend I was playing as Isaac.

It's not like Daisy would be anything more than a Peach clone, anyways.

People said Rosalina would be a Peach clone too. Look how that turned out. Also, I wouldn't care if it was an alternate model or Daisy got her own slot and was still a clone or got a unique moveset, it would still be Daisy instead of another character wearing her colors.

I don't want to PRETEND I'm playing as Daisy, I want it to be Daisy. Not a princess I hate wearing her colors. How many times must I say this? I'd rather have a Daisy model than a stupid palette. Not everyone likes Peach and it's a virtual fuck-you to Daisy fans, imo, especially when the Koopalings and Alph got their own models. Also, Peach doesn't even look like Daisy.

Edited by Anacybele

People said Rosalina would be a Peach clone too. Look how that turned out. Also, I wouldn't care if it was an alternate model or Daisy got her own slot and was still a clone or got a unique moveset, it would still be Daisy instead of another character wearing her colors.

I don't want to PRETEND I'm playing as Daisy, I want it to be Daisy. Not a princess I hate wearing her colors. How many times must I say this? I'd rather have a Daisy model than a stupid palette. Not everyone likes Peach and it's a virtual fuck-you to Daisy fans, imo, especially when the Koopalings and Alph got their own models. Also, Peach doesn't even look like Daisy.

I'll probably regret asking, but what does daisy have to set her apart from peach?

rosa had lots of stuff that's like, new (lumas, whatever magical galaxy stuff she had going on, etc.), and nintendo has been pushing her super hard; what does daisy have going for her?

I'll probably regret asking, but what does daisy have to set her apart from peach?

Flowers. No parasol. No Toads. Being from a desert kingdom (meaning she could have desert-based moves too). Sakurai has made movesets based off of less, you know. Also, like I said, it wouldn't matter to me if Daisy was a clone or not.

Edited by Anacybele

Out of all of those I'm only really down for the idea of Captain Syrup; Wario Land needs some love and she's a great way of showing it.

People said Rosalina would be a Peach clone too.

I'd like to meet those people, I've never heard anyone say that prior to her confirmation.

Flowers. No parasol. No Toads. Being from a desert kingdom (meaning she could have desert-based moves too). Sakurai has made movesets based off of less, you know. Also, like I said, it wouldn't matter to me if Daisy was a clone or not.

you said you hated playing as peach

I assumed you were talking about playstyle, my b

¯\₋(ツ)₋/¯

you said you hated playing as peach

I assumed you were talking about playstyle, my b

¯\₋(ツ)₋/¯

No, I said I hate Peach as a character. Her moveset doesn't bother me much... xP