Still hyped?

nyainou

Fates was announced roughly 9 or 10 months ago, and it doesn't seem like the game will have its NA release until the spring. Thats more or less a whole year of waiting for Fates. My question to you guys is, are you still excited? I am. I swear checking SF every single day and reading up the forums is the only thing keeping me sane. Im not gonna give in and look up lets plays though, I wanna enjoy my first playthrough on my own.
To those of you who imported, do you think in spite of having already played the game youll still play and enjoy the NA release? Thats a lot of money to churn out for a game. But if you have it, why not spend it?

Edited by lordcorrin

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sorta looking forward to it but at this point it's mainly just for the gameplay and music and stuff

after learning that the story and a lot of the supports are kinda terrible my enthusiasm for those has greatly dropped

although watching streams of the game increased my hype a lot

Edited by maybe

I'm playing the JPN copy, but I'll still buy the localized version. However, I won't purchase all three paths on each copy to save money.

For your question, I'm still hyped for the gameplay and is still enjoying it very much. The other aspects, not so much, but let's just leave it as that...

Edited by Ryo

I'll get more hyped once I see more English footage. Like you, I have not looked up any playthroughs of the game. I've only seen the E3 Treehouse footage, as well as the Vanguard DLC map. That's pretty much it; I don't want to ruin my experience with this game like I did with Awakening by watching an LP.

Though I am disappointed to hear that the story wasn't all that it was made out to be, I still want to see how the localizers interpret and translate the story and supports.

Edited by Leif

My hype for this game fizzled out months ago, when I watched some guy on Twitch stream the entire Nohrian campaign, and saw how absolutely shit the gameplay is.

Needles to say, I won't be buying this game whenever it releases here in the UK.

Fates was announced roughly 9 or 10 months ago, and it doesn't seem like the game will have its NA release until the spring. Thats more or less a whole year of waiting for Fates. My question to you guys is, are you still excited? I am. I swear checking SF every single day and reading up the forums is the only thing keeping me sane. Im not gonna give in and look up lets plays though, I wanna enjoy my first playthrough on my own.

To those of you who imported, do you think in spite of having already played the game youll still play and enjoy the NA release? Thats a lot of money to churn out for a game. But if you have it, why not spend it?

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/xenoblade-chronicles-x-special-edition/125408

Yes. Since were getting Xenoblade Chronicles X on Dec 4th 2015. Which I'm absolutely hyped for that...too. This will prove that well get it by Spring.

I'm playing the JPN copy, but I'll still buy the localized version. However, I won't purchase all three paths on each copy to save money.

For your question, I'm still hyped for the gameplay and is still enjoying it very much. The other aspects, not so much, but let's just leave it as that...

I'm only getting the Conquest game and downloading the other two paths. Because Nohr rules. I'll be getting the English game as well to help out the sales of Fire Emblem and plus it's translated officially. :3

I bought the game on JP release and have played over 300 hours but I'm still psyched for the English version.

I just really want to see what changed. It's funny; I go into threads about censorship or supports or dialogue and see people saying "I hope they don't change that!", but from my perspective I'd be happy if every character was completely reinterpreted. I just really want to see what they do with all this, as I've already played the original to death.

My hype for this game fizzled out months ago, when I watched some guy on Twitch stream the entire Nohrian campaign, and saw how absolutely shit the gameplay is.

Needles to say, I won't be buying this game whenever it releases here in the UK.

Are you one of those people who hates things because they're popular?

Because as many complaints there have been directed towards this game, gameplay is definitely not one of them; heck, it's generally cited as some of the best in the series.

As for the question, still looking forward to it but not really hyped. Put that up to crap writing and fanservice.

I am EXTREMELY hyped. Of course it sucks that there will probably be at least 4 or more months until its NA/EU release, but I'm kind of OK with that thinking about it now.

I'm hoping that the long wait will give me enough time to try to forget about some of the major points that have been spoiled. It's not a big deal though. Either way, the hype is still strong.

I totally can wait until next year. *eye twitch*

I can't vote for the poll, but...

I'm not really hyped, I was before I saw all of the leaked content before the game was even released. It was very exciting and a rather nice internet experience.

Now, I still really want to play the game, but I can't consider myself hyped lol.

I'm far less excited than I used to be, but I think I'll still be happy to have the game when the time finally comes around.

You know what would stir up some more hype in me, though? New English release news/footage. Wouldn't it be nice?

I've watched multiple playthroughs, I've been spoiled both accidently and on purpose and I'm still (mildly) hyped for the release. The only thing that's keeping me from being "super" hyped is the fact that I know some of my favorite aren't very good.

2016 can't get here fast enough...

mmm I guess I'm more mildly hyped, but I'm still very eager to play it at some point.

Also there's a glitch or something because I keep trying to vote but it says I have to vote for every question, even though there's only one. Unless I'm being an idiot and not seeing something lawl.

Edited by Shadowess

Before reading this, please understand that I've little to no familiarity with Fates' gameplay- at least, in regards to how it differs from previous installments- and so I can't speak to that one way or the other. Nothing I say here is directed at the gameplay elements of the game.

I was super hyped for a long time. Seeing the initial trailer for the game in a Nintendo Direct kinda gave me the same feeling as waking up on my birthday, or on Christmas, or really the morning of any celebration that involves present-giving.

Unfortunately, the game seems to have taken after and "built upon" Awakening in some of the worst possible ways... at least, for my personal tastes. I haven't seen much evidence to suggest that the writing quality of the main plot is too far above Awakening's in any route, the characters seem to still be largely static and "gimmick-centered" in the same way as Awakening's were, and I don't really have a lot to say about the... ahem... gratuitous... fanservice elements that hasn't already been said, but any negative sentiment towards them you can think of, I probably share. Honestly, the game in a lot of ways doesn't feel like Fire Emblem to me... or at least, it seems to have lost a lot of what I personally like about the series. I'm not sure if I'd go so far as to deliberately not buy it out of spite, but I am seriously having second thoughts about whether or not it would actually be worth the ~$80.00~ USD for the full package.

If you're looking forward to the game and think it looks fun, then more power to you, and I hope you have a great time with it! I'm just starting to think that maybe it's really not my cup of tea.

I'm still looking forward to it, but they sure did a lot to destroy my excitement for the game.

They messed up Nohr's plot, I can't get the servant I want from the beginning of the game due to the ridiculous reason of gender-locking and have to wait sixteen chapters just to get him, they forced one of my favorite characters into role of being foolish for the sake of their idiotic story, I've heard they force KamuixAqua down the player's throat, they didn't follow up on the theme of family that I was so stupid enough to get excited for, etc. At least it sounds like they did well with the gameplay. I'll enjoy it for that.