4Koma & Character Book Translations [COMPLETE]

Kirokan

Thanks everyone! I aim to work at just one or two pages a day, usually a profile/pic and the comic that follows. : ) Again, the quality is a little low on the first few but it will improve...soon. xD

"They have the unique trait of charming those around them."

-From Kamui's profile.

*Promptly pukes*

(No offense, Kirokan. It's always nice to see you do these translations, and I am thankful for them as many others are.)

It's okay. By "charm" they mean "brainwash and reprogram".

Try not to overwork yourself on this, Kirokan.

I would say something about Kamui's "charm", but I don't want to potentially derail the topic so I'll let it slide. Thank you for the hard work Kirokan. Take your time with this and don't overwork yourself.

Hehe, no worries.

Sounds really funny though, I wonder what term they used in the original text, though I doubt it would change much.

Do you mean the "charm?"

不思議な魅力 is what they use, "mysterious appeal/attraction/charisma"

I have both books just to clarify Character’s profile is basically the roster profile from the game itself.Also character’s title is similar to their Epilogue Title.

profiles here:

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-characters/

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/other-characters/ (not counting capturable bosses)

I'm aware : ) I translated them in the character thread and so use them for the main book profiles. The titles too I did from their epilogue ones. It does make things easier!

Page 8 and 9 are up! Featuring Aqua.

Edited by Kirokan

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aqua's eyes look a bit strange in that picture for some reason. It kind of looks like she has a blank stare, boring a hole straight into your soul.

… *runs*

Ryouma's pages are now up : )

Also I decided for those who just want the artworks and don't really care for the translation, I'll upload those hopefully in a few hours (or by tomorrow) Maybe Vincent can make use of them too. : ) But the comics will still come day by day with the profile translations.

You know, I just now noticed this, but is this the first artwork featuring Camilla that isn't focused on her for fanservice reasons?

Also, everybody on the cover is really pale.

The Ryouma laughing panel reminded me of Marx x Luna A wwwwwwwwwwwww

lobster mane bene

That's the first thing I thought of, too. I wish someone would make a comic of that. I just want to see Marx acting goofy and the horrified reactions of his siblings. It'd be hilarious.

The Ryouma laughing panel is funny. He made his siblings worry. Ryouma maybe you should have done laughing practice in private. Just saying. Besides that I noticed that Rinka is a bit pale in that artwork. Anyone else notice that?

Edited by Frelia

Barring Ryouma and Sumeragi, none of the kids seem to resemble either of the parents

Of course there is an explanation for that but eh

Okay everybody, so for those of you who want just the character artworks (untranslated, though technically translated in the Character Threat and on the SF sub section for Fates), I set up a blog post here:

There are a lot of images, so it's not viable to paste them into this post. So please view them on the blog! Took hours of scanning and editing, so hope it pays off (there's still some issues, like slight blur in the first images, some borders still visible, etc, but please don't harm me)

I'll add this to the original post as well.

EDIT: Or should this be its own thread... xD

Edited by Kirokan

YOOOO KIROKAN

Thanks for everything!

Thanks and you're welcome! I loveee how Oboro turned out! I was worried since its multiple artists and such.

But...Belka just looks strange...very strange. The proportions xD

And Midoriko here reassures you that you can, in fact, marry a child. xD

Thanks and you're welcome! I loveee how Oboro turned out! I was worried since its multiple artists and such.

But...Belka just looks strange...very strange. The proportions xD

And Midoriko here reassures you that you can, in fact, marry a child. xD

Yeah, Belka's proportions are a bit odd, I'm not sure what's going on there. Oboro's looks really nice, although I kind of wish she wasn't bent over. Midoriko is … yeah, she's definitely and unmistakably a child.

Anyway, you're amazing as usual XD

You know, another thing I liked about some of the artworks is that they have that "classic FE" vibe to them. Do others see that too or is that just me? And that's just some. Something about the poses, or maybe the faces that aren't drawn by Kozaki...etc

Whoa, nice work, Kirokan!

Mozume looks like shes five in her art.

(i do love Pieri's a lot)

Yes, she looks to be a protagonist from a Studio Ghibli film here... xD

Yeah, Belka's proportions are a bit odd, I'm not sure what's going on there. Oboro's looks really nice, although I kind of wish she wasn't bent over. Midoriko is … yeah, she's definitely and unmistakably a child.

Anyway, you're amazing as usual XD

Ah, well I didn't mind the bent over-ness too much as she has nice, modest clothing. But yes, that Belka...

@CocoaGalaxy

I assume they use that symbol for general skirmishes/MyCastle sort of things, too. But that's an assumption! Otherwise, artbooks for FE making mistakes is nothing new : )

Edited by Kirokan

The drawings do feel a bit...cheapskate maybe?

I don't really have that many qualms (Hana's is pretty nice), but some things are a bit weird

Like the Baton seems out of proportion for Sakura (it's supposed to be, what, half her height at least?)

Some of the clothing and/or shoes also seem a bit weird, poses aside

I could probably comment on everyone but I dunno

In my opinion, Mitama's eyes look quite a lot..different, from the ingame one, it feels quite different

And Soleil looks like a completely different person, that's kind of....

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Thank you so much for this! The art here is really nice, and I love looking at it.

Tbh, Gunther and Kagerou are really nice, and I love how Hana, Setsuna, and Hinata are drawn. I also appreciate how the artists for Subaki and Yukimura went out of their way to draw the mounts, the Pegasus and the Puppet, respectively, as well.

And the Amiibos look awesome. o♢o

Edited by Minischew