What's the highest one could hack the stat caps to in the SNES games...

Katie

255!!? whoa seriously!!? dang what have I been doing wrong then? not that I would make stats that high but wow in nightmare or something else?

Anyway Matthewtheman from my finds the highest you can hack stat caps in Genealogy of the Holy War is 30 however for generic enemies as I have many of them walking around with hax stats they do not have a stat cap they can go as high as you want it don`t know why generics don`t have caps but they don`t HP can also go over 100 for them... Well maybe that 255 cap is for them I dunno my mind is still trying to wrap itself around 255 just wow talk about hax stats that would make a terrifying unit.

Actually 255 is maximum value 1 byte can hold.

That's why in many games you can see the character stat is 255 max out.

Back in FE4, I made a few nightmare modules to break this rule. But I lost it together with my other data files.

First, you need to change the cap of both char stat and class stat combine together, then you need to change the level up calculation so the game can allow your char stat goes beyond 15.

Edited by hanhnn

FE4 caps can technically go pretty high, although there's a limiter set so it doesn't usually happen. Generic enemies don't have that cap, so technically they can go up to about 90 or so. Non-generic bosses and playable characters will cap at their class base +15, and no greater than 30.

Fascinating. What would happen if I hacked a character in FE4's base stats to higher than the cap. Would that stat just start off capped? Cause I've been hacking FE3 and I noticed that's what happens when you hack a character's base stat to higher than the cap in that game.

Fascinating. What would happen if I hacked a character in FE4's base stats to higher than the cap. Would that stat just start off capped? Cause I've been hacking FE3 and I noticed that's what happens when you hack a character's base stat to higher than the cap in that game.

They can actually go beyond caps, but they can't break 30. I don't know what happens when someone past their cap procs a stat, I have a feeling they might drop down to the cap.

They can actually go beyond caps, but they can't break 30. I don't know what happens when someone past their cap procs a stat, I have a feeling they might drop down to the cap.

Having now tested it, I found that it actually drops down to their class base then adding the stat proc, essentially making it drop to one more than the base.

Edited by Matthewtheman

any stat sans HP in FE4 will roll back to 0 instead of going to 32

luck can go up to 99 for player characters and holy blood enemies without incident on first loading the character but it will reset to 3 on reload (32 - 64 - 96 are actually 0)

the same characters are also restricted in HP I believe, only up to 80

I think I've heard of a bug with sety before where his speed stat can roll back? I've never experienced that before but I'm guessing that's what happens if you cap levin and fury

Edited by Lamia

Ced's speed can grow by 2 if he has major Holsety blood. I think if the cap is 30 and he has 29 speed and then gains 2 it loops back or something like that.

If you have Lewyn as a father for Ced his speed stats usually starts at around 17 or so because his speed is so high it warps back around. This isn't a big deal though, because Forseti gives him +20 speed and his speed growth is so high that it doesn't take long for him to cap speed.

• 3 weeks later...