I think if they ever remake FE4 they should let you have all the Holy Weapons

Katie

Here's how it'd work:

Arione could join you instead of becoming an NPC, giving you access to Gungnir.

Brian could join you if you talk to him with Johan/Johalvier, giving you access to Helswath. Lex's son might also be able to convince him.

Saias would join you at around chapter 8 or so, and get Valflame after Arvis is killed.

Ishtar could join if talked to by the right person, I'm thinking either Tinni/Linda or maybe Saias, giving you access to Mjolnir. She would refuse to fight Julius though, and be programmed to not be able to.

Loptyr would still be unobtainable, and all of the above except Saias would be final chapter recruits, except Saias, and even then Valflame would only be useable in the FC and maybe the end of chapter 10.

What do you guys think? Yes or no? Should they be able to join on first playthrough, or be a 2nd playthrough recruit like some of the RD characters?

No. Isn't the major part of difficulty and epicness of FE4 that the enemy has those OP weapons too? Besides, the whole premise of the final chapter is that another holy war is happening, where people of major holy blood and their holy weapons fight each other on opposite sides?

I'd be happier if a remake also included the events of thracia, for example first comes Sigurd's chapters, then both thracia for Leaf and the 2nd gen with Celice at the same time in a way. Now that would be a long, amazing game.

Edited by GrySun

(FE4 spoilers follow)

While it would be neat to be able to use all of the weapons, i feel that a big theme in the final chapter is that the children of the twelve crusaders are now at each others throats, turning their weapons on each other.

Besides, having all of the holy weapons on your side while the enemy has none might make things a bit too easy!

Edit: whoops, GrySun beat me to it

Edited by AzimuthFE

That would be wonderful and I always liked Arione and the Gungnir. Gungnir is more useful than Gae Bolg due to speed boost. Brian I think a good one to speak with him would be indeed Johalva or Johan. At first Brian seemed just plain bad but his death quote made me feel sorry for him he seemed recruit potential.

Anyway until IS and nintendo make that dream true my hack I am working on gives every holy weapon for people to mess around with loptousu included.

• 5 months later...