Colm or Rennac?

Florete

The Rogues  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you use?

• Colm
    • Rennac

Assuming you promote Colm into a Rogue, which do you prefer? The likely-to-have-better-stats-and-supports Colm, or the already-promoted, gets-the-thieving-job-done-well-enough Rennac?

And I don't want any "Rennac, because Colm should be an Assassin!" Assume you usually decide to make him a Rogue. Which do you generally use for thievery? Do you drop your unpromoted Colm when you get Rennac, or does Colm get your Ocean Seal and continue with his job?

I will choose after seeing some of your choices. I realize it's kind of a tough way to look at things, but I've met this choice before and not really known what to do.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stick with Colm. The way I see it, I've been using him since chapter three, and he more than likely has supports developed by the time Rennac joins. Colm has already been built up, and I see no reason why I should put that to waste.

EDIT: Damn typo.

Edited by Ronan

Colm is infinitely better, but I don't hate Rennac at all. I was quite impressed one PT where he capped Str and Res.

At the very least, he's a good THIEF (not fighter) and carries out his duties well. Plus if you use him as a theif instead of Colm, you can use the Ocean Seal on Ross.

Colm my ass. The only thing that makes him good is that you get to level his ass up from the ground. As to Rennac, the poor bastard is given to you later in the game, promoted and with sucky stats. I still take rennac over him for thievery duties, Rennac has the coolest gf of the two, and she is a princess. XD

:mellow:

*Rennac and La'arachel are messing around in an empty room with Dozla standing outside*

La'arachel: Oh, Rennac!

Dozla: Is everything alright in there?

Rennac: Dozla! We need you to stay there and keep guard!

It's for the sake of the princess!

Dozla: My apoligies...

*La'arachel moans*

Dozla: Princess!

Rennac: Have you forgotten your duties already?

Dozla: You're right Rennac! You're a good friend.

*Dozla continues to stand outside while loud noises come from the room behind him*

...Rennac doesn't deserve all the hate.

I use Rennac... because Ross takes my Ocean Seal to go Berserker. I don't use Colm, only for thieving and chests etc. and when Rennac comes along to do all that, Colm gets benched, because he's better than my unraised Colm stat-wise.

I don't see why anyone would vote Rennac. Colm is better in every aspect of the word, and, if you're not tower abusing/arena abusing, you should be promoting your units only a chapter or two before you can access the secret shop and buy a new Ocean Seal, assuming you've leveled all of your units equally. They'd be Rogues at the same time.

Buying promotion items (let alone the ocean seal) is freaking expensive, and unless you abuse for funds you're not gonna have much left if you can even afford it.

Also, you can use the eart seal to promote colm, can't you? I swear I've brought him into endgame for that purpose.

A.) I always have around 10000 gold on me, so it's never a problem. This game just throws money at you.

B.) I don't think Pirates and Thieves can use the Earth Seal. I could be wrong, though.

You mean the Master Seal? I can't remember if you can use that on Thieves. I don't think you can... but I'm not sure.

Anyway, Colm doesn't even need to promote in order to be one of the most useful characters on your team. Massive win.

As a thief, sure.

He'll die in two hits and won't hurt anything, though. Kind of defeats the purpose of stealing, doesn't it?

If he is hit, yes. Rare though, my rennac avoids hits like a maniac.

Fun thing is, Rennac and Colm aren't going to be fighting, they're going to be stealing and picking locks. So it doesn't matter much that they have crappy durability and offense.