Colm or Rennac?

Florete

The Rogues  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you use?

• Colm
    • Rennac

Fun thing is, Rennac and Colm aren't going to be fighting, they're going to be stealing and picking locks. So it doesn't matter much that they have crappy durability and offense.

So, they're NEVER going to be standing right next to someone? Even when stealing? Damn, those're some good thieves.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, they're going to be next to someone. They will fight from time to time, but they will rarely do so. Besides, you also have other characters to finish off the enemies Colm and Rennac stand next to.

Sure. I'm also not saying that Rennac is the superior of the two.

I was just stating that Colm is still very useful if he does not promote ;)

Just so everyone knows, you can use Master Seals on Thieves. I'm pretty sure it works on Pirates as well. It is the Earth Seal in Blazing Sword that doesn't work on Thieves or Pirates.

Colm is the best choice for Rogue, however, in terms over all utility, he is much more useful as a Rogue because Rennac comes later and doesn't do as good a job as Colm (lower speed and slower speed growth, plus sub-par bases). Additionally, as you get the Ocean Seal a good four to five chapters before you get Rennac, if you don't use it to make Ross a Berserker, (which is common for people not to) you will raise Colm to level 20 in the tower (if you haven't already) and then promote him. If you make him an Assassin, you lose out on anything you could have stolen between chapter 9 and 14, including but not limited to, a talisman, multiple red gems and multiple elixirs. You also have to make sure that you have sufficient lockpicks, meaning stealing them from the thief in ch. 8 is a must for which you have to train Colm up to have over 14 speed before having access to the tower.

Also, he serves much more during the Creature Campaign of getting hell a lot more stuffs and more because he can pick for free without lockpicks. And enabling to get important things such as promotion items, and stat-boosts. Despite the fact that I think Assassins are pretty good class, they're actually consider to be the worst anyways. What's the point of promoting Colm to an Assassin when you get so much more out of Rogues? It's not like Assassins are better than Rogues in any way at all.

This.

And also as for Rennac. He doesn't do a good job at all since he sucks. Why have a crappy unit doing the fighting and picking when you have Colm since he's able to fight and being able to steal.

Indeed, Rennac's useful, especially if you haven't bothered with Colm at all.

A thief Colm could beat Rennac. >_>

Dart gets my Ocean Seal and I'm not wasting a Master Seal on Colm.

Lolololololololol.

Rennac > Colm in their support

Colm > Rennac elsewhere

Colm has an automatic support with Niemi and the likes of Marisa and Kyle to give him boosts elsewhere.

Who does Rennac have? Dozla?

I think what Simca meant was that Rennac was the better thief according to his supports with Colm. Not that he has better support options or whatever.

But I could be mistaken.

Colm has an automatic support with Niemi and the likes of Marisa and Kyle to give him boosts elsewhere.

Who does Rennac have? Dozla?

Nah. More like Neimi and Moulder.

Rennac has... nobody >_>

A thief Colm could beat Rennac. >_>

Because we all bother to raise Colm in our playthroughs.[/sarcasm]

If you don't use Colm for anything other than stealing and picking chests, Rennac will be better than Colm by the time Rennac appears. If you properly use Colm for fighting and everything else, then yeah leave Rennac and continue with Colm. But if (like me) you don't bother with Colm, only to pick chests and steal, then Rennac would be the better choice by the time he arrives.

Edited by Raven

Why wouldn't you bother with Colm? Rennac comes pretty late in the story, so you've missed a lot of stealable items.

I do use Colm, for stealing and chest purposes only. Unless you make him battle, he won't be better than Rennac by the time you get him.

Why? I don't see why you wouldn't want to use Colm.

I guess I normally would, but I was maining with other units in my last playthrough of non-abuse HM.

I'm properly using him in another file, and he's a pretty kickass Assassin.

On terms of combat etc. I'd choose Colm, but for just pure stealing, picking chests, etc. I'd choose Rennac. And since it's a Rogue's job to do those things, I voted Rennac.