General Warriors Thread: Persona 5 Scramble

Jedi

You don't need to play the other games every Dynasty Warriors game has the same story just some good more in-depth.

It does have similar story, but sometimes they change things for effect. Or variety

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading some "historical shit" I kinda disliked playing the game at times due to how much Shu got glorified, and for a long time Wei was "the villain". I'm pretty much a full on Wei fanboy right now, the characters are likable, the story has been tweaked in recent games(like 8) for the better

Although on the other hand Cao Ren and Zhang Liao has always been some of my favorite character, so knowing how ridiculously overpowered they are in historical records is actually pretty nice

Anyway playing DW8 as Wei is somewhat hilarious. One time they give you Cao Ren, Zhang Liao, and especially Xiahou Yuan who is ridiculously overpowered, and then other time none of them exist in favor of scrubs like Jia Xu or that guy with double Hook sword. It actually got so bad that me and my cousin decided to do a rock-paper-scissor to decide who get to play Xiahou Yuan

Edited by JSND

Anyway playing DW8 as Wei is somewhat hilarious. One time they give you Cao Ren, Zhang Liao, and especially Xiahou Yuan who is ridiculously overpowered, and then other time none of them exist in favor of scrubs like Jia Xu or that guy with double Hook sword. It actually got so bad that me and my cousin decided to do a rock-paper-scissor to decide who get to play Xiahou Yuan

Yue Jin's alright. He reminds me of Kabal from Mortal Kombat with the hook swords. His moveset's fun enough.

One time they give you Cao Ren, Zhang Liao, and especially Xiahou Yuan who is ridiculously overpowered, and then other time none of them exist in favor of scrubs like Jia Xu or that guy with double Hook sword. It actually got so bad that me and my cousin decided to do a rock-paper-scissor to decide who get to play Xiahou Yuan

What map is this? I don't recall a map where you play with these three.

Hey Yue Jin is one of the Wei 5 grand general's!

and god i loved early Cao Ren, but ever since 6 his portrayal has not been kind, let alone how few chances he gets to be playable.

Well, all of the Five Generals of Wei are playable now, so.

Also this is a concern. Balance in playable characters. Though Cao Ren's portrayal hasn't bothered me that much, tbh

Also this is a concern. Balance in playable characters. Though Cao Ren's portrayal hasn't bothered me that much, tbh

i mean he could have more screen time of course, but Cao Ren didn't have a storymode in 6, wasn't playable at all in 7's story mode (not even in his famous battles), and got ONE stage in 8. (not even one that he was well known for)

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

i mean he could have more screen time of course, but Cao Ren didn't have a storymode in 6, wasn't playable at all in 7's story mode (not even in his famous battles), and got ONE stage in 8.

Yeah, that's what I meant by balance with playable characters. Though, in 8XL, he has 3 stages.

I only played 8 XL :(

Character balance is an issue that is weird to solve tbh. On one hand, we have DW5 Model, that obviously allows everyone to have same level of roles, and then SW2 shows how bad this become when your character roster is like.... 60 x 20 stages(this is the entire reason SW never clicked on me). Good luck playing the game with all character!

DW6 Model allows a better story in general(because theres fewer of them of course) but it comes with its own issues of not having enough characters in the spotlight.

Then we have 4/8 model where some characters are just overused, and some others are underused

Im a fan of DW5 Model, but this is because I'm not the knd of player who gets really easilly bored playing the same game over and over again

Too bad the last two aren't good

Cao Ren was actually pretty cool in the earlier DWs. But yeah, I see balance between the characters being a lasting issue the more they add to the roster

Then we have 4/8 model where some characters are just overused, and some others are underused

Im a fan of DW5 Model, but this is because I'm not the knd of player who gets really easilly bored playing the same game over and over again

I liked the way DW5 did story mode as well.

Like, for example, Guan Ping was only good and relevant in one game *coughDW5cough*

Yue Jin's alright. He reminds me of Kabal from Mortal Kombat with the hook swords. His moveset's fun enough.

Yeah the whole "HERE LET ME HOOK YOU AND SMASH YOU AND IM JUMP AROUND AND SHIT" is really fun. I'm mostly a fan of Bruiser explosive tanky characters though, so guys like Cao Ren/Orochi Nene fits my ideal playstyle much more. This was one of my gripe with Orochi Kunoichi as well since despite how ridiculously good she is(she's probably the single most overpowered character in any Warriors game), her playstyle involves spamming one move with very narrow coverage that kills officer while having enough coverage to deal with crowds

Oh wait you don't need to deal with crowds with Kunoichi, what am i kidding.

Anyway Guan Ping being entirely added for adding young characters during 5 was quite a big mess since they decided to add more after Ping loses his purpose and they ended up becoming "Guan Yu cheer squad"

Theres also Pang Tong who'se hard to work in since he's only relevant for like 2 battle

Edited by JSND

The last two meaning Yue Jin and Yu Jin?

Character or playstyle?

if it's the latter, then you're right

if it's historical route then, Yu Jin's character is atrocious

I forgot about Yu Jin, oops, he's... he looks okay, as far as movesets go.

But, I meant Li Dian and Yue Jin; both of them are kinda bad in both personality and movesets.

Yeah the whole "HERE LET ME HOOK YOU AND SMASH YOU AND IM JUMP AROUND AND SHIT" is really fun. I'm mostly a fan of Bruiser explosive tanky characters though, so guys like Cao Ren/Orochi Nene fits my ideal playstyle much more. This was one of my gripe with Orochi Kunoichi as well since despite how ridiculously good she is(she's probably the single most overpowered character in any Warriors game), her playstyle involves spamming one move with very narrow coverage that kills officer while having enough coverage to deal with crowds

Oh wait you don't need to deal with crowds with Kunoichi, what am i kidding.

Anyway Guan Ping being entirely added for adding young characters during 5 was quite a big mess since they decided to add more after Ping loses his purpose and they ended up becoming "Guan Yu cheer squad"

Theres also Pang Tong who'se hard to work in since he's only relevant for like 2 battle

koei's in a tough spot regarding worthless additions, they can't remove characters due to backlash, but they also can't do anything with certain peeps as long as they stick to historical.

with that said Guan Suo is not popular in the east or the west so i think he could go.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

Bao Sanniang can join him with characters that can go

Hmm, Guan Xing could've replaced Guan Ping after DW5, now that I think about it. But even then, the relevancy of Xing would've been limited, because Yiling was all he was really known for.

I think Pang Tong could be a unique NPC for all the treatment Koei gives him.

If they want to keep the Guan family, give us Pang Hui for what that's worth.

I'm partly annoyed that they make Ling Tong and Gan Nings whole rivalry their entire schtick since like 6, I liked how 5 had them reflect on it more and still do their other stuff.

Ling Tong was also a really generous man and Sun Quan actually cried when he passed away because he had taken care of a number of matters in the Kingdom.

Although I will say both are still damned fun to play, I didn't mind Tongs shift to a tri-staff and I love his musou for just how ridiculously cool it looks.

although I will admit I enjoy the banter between Tong, Ning and Lu Meng in the recent games.

Edited by Jedi

The Tri-Staff is pretty cool, but it really only shined in DW6 if you ask me, it was just ridiculous there.

Then again, in comparison to the nunchaks in 7 & 8, the Tri-Staff easily outdoes it

Lu Meng is pretty great when dealing with them.

Edited by Soledai