General Warriors Thread: Persona 5 Scramble

Jedi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/24/2018 at 6:40 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

As long as the Switch version gets Ganon and his epic mane I would tolerate any performance issues. If we do not get Ganondorf and his mane I'd probably get it for PS4

They've already shot down guest characters, saying they want 4 to re-focus on being DW VS SW.

Safe to assume that October 16th is the worldwide release date.

Also only 8 deifications, likely tying into the 8 artifacts mentioned on the website.

Samurai Warriors characters keep their Hyper Attacks.

Magic Weapons seem to have replaced RB attacks, with different kinds (unique magic, charge magic, combination magic); going to have to wait for full translations before we get in-depth info.

But here's Yingping launching a Kamehameha:

DfP-d_AU0AAoT7G.jpg

Weirdly enough the musou bar is seperated into individual stocks, but using a musou depletes it in full.

Updated cover art featuring a couple silhouettes: 

DfP8nVHU0AAqm8H.jpg

...Poseidon with a pirate hat?

A few different Magic Weapons:

DfP9eBbU0AA6pTQ.png
Laevateinn 

DfP9evGV4AAypVW.png
Nectar

DfP9fbbUwAAconC.png
Brisingamen

Edited by The DanMan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I see this topic hasn't been updated in a while, despite some news of it coming out. I'm sure some people here have already taken notice of it, but I'll post it anyhow for those who aren't aware.

They announced four new mystics in the playable roster:

1. Athena, goddess of war and wisdom using the shield Aegis:
    • Spoiler

2018-07-05_045342

2. Ares, god of war using twin dragonhead spears known as Typhon:
    • Spoiler

3. A demigod in the form of Perseus, who is rather heavenly with a tree-like staff (name of weapon?):
    • Spoiler

perseus 1

Why did they choose him over the more famous Heracles? I mean he is big for killing Medusa (I first "typed Medeus"- thanks FE!), but bigger than Heracles?

And wasn't a mirror shield key to his success? Why isn't he using that?

4. And ...Odin? What? How did the King of the Norse gods get into a roster of Greco-Romans?:
    Spoiler

Dj_EIR6U8AEtYa1

And why is he a buccaneer? Poseidon must be very angry, and sad (off to drinking with Hades and Hera then).

Odin has his signature spear Gungir of course.

We also have three new Deification Forms (in addition to Zhao Yun and Yukimura Sanada who we already know):

1. Guan Yinping:
    • Spoiler

perseus 2

Didn't she... not exist IRL?

2. Your favvvvorite @Etrurian emperor! Mitsunari Ishiida:
    • Spoiler

That hair color makes me think of Pit. A Pit who went off the rails later in puberty. A quick Rewind Spring soak should fix that.

3. Bovine Urine (Cao Pi): 
    • Spoiler

I never saw his DW8 self before, wow his hair got blue. FE has never had edgy and blue before for a lord, wanna be the first? A little too generically angelic to me, save for those shoulder fins, but the dualblade is bound to be fun regardless.

And lastly, Sacred Treasures, equipment for characters. I don't think it's exclusive to anyone in particular, but they only showed them on these characters:

1. Talaria- Hermes's Sandals:
    • Spoiler

perseus 3

2. The Pestle of Exorcism:
    • Spoiler

perseus 4

3. Artemis's Bow:
    • Spoiler

4. Gullinbursti:
    • Spoiler

5. Gleipnir:
    • Spoiler

There are also transfer bonuses for Warriors Orochi 3 and Dynasty Warriors 9. Sadly, if all you have is a Switch and play in English, you're outta luck for either bonus. Fortunately it's just some Bonus EXP for WO3 data, and costumes for Zhenji, Daqiao, Yueying, Wang Yuanji, and Diaochan for DW9 data.

Links from Siliconera:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/06/warriors-orochi-4s-latest-greek-legend-is-the-demigod-perseus/

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/07/05/warriors-orochi-4-gets-a-closer-look-at-athena-god-mode-ishida-mitsunari-cao-pi/

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/09/warriors-orochi-4-gameplay-trailers-show-flashy-moves-from-odin-and-ares/

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/07/warriors-orochi-4-reveals-ares-and-odin-as-new-playable-characters/

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/03/warriors-orochi-4-gets-save-data-bonuses-from-warriors-orochi-3-and-dynasty-warriors-9/

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/17/warriors-orochi-4-highlights-its-four-new-gods-perseus-ares-athena-and-odin-in-a-new-trailer/

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/07/31/athena-and-zeus-storm-into-action-in-warriors-orochi-4s-latest-trailers/

Interesting. I heard fans were afraid Warriors All-Stars would replace Warriors Orochi, so it's cool to see that those fears were groundless.
I am actually playing through Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate at the moment and this is the first I hear about a 4th game.

On 8/28/2018 at 7:00 AM, Etheus said:

It is looking good, but I am still reserving judgement. After the DW9 fiasco (yes, I'm still mad, and yes, it's still my worst game of 2018), I will be more hesitant to preorder these games, but if the in-fandom buzz is good, I'll buy it post launch. 

Considering this is a mixture of DW8 and SW4 stuff I don't see why you'd be worried about that relation.

8 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Considering this is a mixture of DW8 and SW4 stuff I don't see why you'd be worried about that relation.

I suspect that you are correct and this will be a game that I will enjoy. I expect to like the end product.

However, the last game is nothing short of a case of substantial brand damage in my eyes. I took a vacation for that game, preordered it with the same anticipation for which I would otherwise preorder this game, and was burned. I did not enjoy the game, I felt that my vacation could have been better spent on one of the many better games released this year, and I regret having wasted my money and time on it. Forgive me if I do not want to repeat that experience.

Edited by Etheus

6 hours ago, Etheus said:

However, the last game is nothing short of a case of substantial brand damage in my eyes. I took a vacation for that game, preordered it with the same anticipation for which I would otherwise preorder this game, and was burned. I did not enjoy the game, I felt that my vacation could have been better spent on one of the many better games released this year, and I regret having wasted my money and time on it. Forgive me if I do not want to repeat that experience.

True enough. I haven't bought nor played DW9, but I have seen Jim Sterling's videos on it and I was less than impressed by what I saw (except for the rain effects. That stuff was great). I still wonder why DW9 turned out to be such a mess, I mean the previous Warriors titles before it (which were all spin-offs, but still) are all really good games. All-Stars is fantastic (I even prefer it to Orochi so far), Fire Emblem is great and Hyrule is awesome, so the only question I have is what the hell happened?

Hopefully, Orochi 4 can mend the wound DW9 inflicted a bit. It would be really said to see the game go down the route of so many other over-hyped games before it.

16 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

True enough. I haven't bought nor played DW9, but I have seen Jim Sterling's videos on it and I was less than impressed by what I saw (except for the rain effects. That stuff was great). I still wonder why DW9 turned out to be such a mess, I mean the previous Warriors titles before it (which were all spin-offs, but still) are all really good games. All-Stars is fantastic (I even prefer it to Orochi so far), Fire Emblem is great and Hyrule is awesome, so the only question I have is what the hell happened?

I think part of the reason is that the series just didn't mesh very well with open worlds to begin with. Koei as a company might also not be the right company to craft gigantic worlds due to their habit of cutting corners. 

7 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think part of the reason is that the series just didn't mesh very well with open worlds to begin with. Koei as a company might also not be the right company to craft gigantic worlds due to their habit of cutting corners. 

True, true. I haven't played too many Koei games (although I hear Toukiden has a pretty huge world, too, and people liked that game (I think?)), but the ones I did play all had sort of small worlds. Nights of Azure, for instance, took place in a single city, but it worked incredibly well. Less is more, as they say.

Which is a good way to describe my relationship with Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate at the moment, honestly. The roster is humongous, excessively so, in fact. It feels kind of overwhelming and the game does a pretty poor job encouraging me to test all of them, since there are no side battles. And I haven't even unlocked all of the characters yet (I'm still missing some in the "Other" category). One thing that confused me is that of all the characters from Samurai Warriors, they left out Naotora Ii, who, judging by Warriors All-Stars, is a fan-favourite for whatever reason. Unless she didn't exist by the time WO3U was made, I don't know.

We have our final 2 Deifications. 

28 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

True, true. I haven't played too many Koei games (although I hear Toukiden has a pretty huge world, too, and people liked that game (I think?)), but the ones I did play all had sort of small worlds. Nights of Azure, for instance, took place in a single city, but it worked incredibly well. Less is more, as they say.

Which is a good way to describe my relationship with Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate at the moment, honestly. The roster is humongous, excessively so, in fact. It feels kind of overwhelming and the game does a pretty poor job encouraging me to test all of them, since there are no side battles. And I haven't even unlocked all of the characters yet (I'm still missing some in the "Other" category). One thing that confused me is that of all the characters from Samurai Warriors, they left out Naotora Ii, who, judging by Warriors All-Stars, is a fan-favourite for whatever reason. Unless she didn't exist by the time WO3U was made, I don't know.

She was introduced properly in SW4 which was a bit after Orochi 3 first came out. Three years in fact, and Ultimate came out before that too iirc.

38 minutes ago, Jedi said:

We have our final 2 Deifications. 

She was introduced properly in SW4 which was a bit after Orochi 3 first came out. Three years in fact, and Ultimate came out before that too iirc.

I saw it coming but dang! That deification form is seriously going to waste on a character as swallow as Moeblob.

So with all god forms confirmed it seems that there are only two characters I like in there. All other spots went to my least favorite characters or characters who are just boring like the posterboys. What a sorry line up.

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

Huh, thought so. I'm almost glad she isn't in the game because Warriors All-Stars sort of ruined her for me with her stupid invincibility thing and her constantly spouting her clan's "precepts" that in real warfare would never work and almost always get you killed instantly (from her recruitment battle: "Ii Clan Precept: If you see an enemy, charge right at them! Hiiyaaah!").

This whole "deification" business seems interesting. Giving Lu Bu one does seem kind of excessive, though. Although it may be better this way, seeing how they wasted him in WO3U where he got manhandled by an emo cyborg that may or may not come right out of some edgy teen's fanfic. "Look! My OC is a cyborg that has pink hair and can defeat Lu Bu in seconds! Soooo coool!" (I don't like Nezha, if that wasn't clear)

I wonder if they're ever going to address that Nobunaga and Cao Cao are practically identical when it comes to their looks and their ultimate goal, which is discarding old traditions.
Speaking of Nobunaga, I never expected him to sound like he's constantly on a stage in a play / a posh noble. I imagine him making overdramatic gestures whenever he talks. XD

I also hope they take a few notes from All-Stars, Fire Emblem Warriors and Hyrule Warriors and give us a damn way to lock on to enemy officers. It is no fun getting hit by an attack you didn't see coming because the guy you're attacking hides in a crowd and / or sneaks off-screen, especially if said attack is a Musou attack that instantly kills you if you play any difficulty above Normal and / or use lower level characters.
I also hope they make level 1 characters not suck so much. I swear, half the difficulty of the earlygame in Orochi 3 is the fact that nearly every character starts out weaker than a cockroach. I should not have so much trouble killing a generic nameless mook is all I'm saying. It's also one of the reasons why I feel discouraged from trying out new characters after I already found three that I like (Kunoichi, Wang Yuanji and Kasumi in my case), because I know full well that starting a new character is nothing short of a nightmare waiting to happen. I'm also reluctant to spend growth points to get them out of that early hell (which is around level 15 for most characters), because I wouldn't want to waste points on a character I end up not enjoying (like the three initial idiots you get). This is part of the reason why I said that WO3U's roster is too big. 

Did I just use an opportunity to stealthily state some of my complaints about WO3U? Sorry.

Anyway, looking forward to WO4, where you can hopefully get Mitsunari Ishida early enough for him to be worth a damn. I loved the guy in All-Stars.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Huh, thought so. I'm almost glad she isn't in the game because Warriors All-Stars sort of ruined her for me with her stupid invincibility thing and her constantly spouting her clan's "precepts" that in real warfare would never work and almost always get you killed instantly (from her recruitment battle: "Ii Clan Precept: If you see an enemy, charge right at them! Hiiyaaah!").

This whole "deification" business seems interesting. Giving Lu Bu one does seem kind of excessive, though. Although it may be better this way, seeing how they wasted him in WO3U where he got manhandled by an emo cyborg that may or may not come right out of some edgy teen's fanfic. "Look! My OC is a cyborg that has pink hair and can defeat Lu Bu in seconds! Soooo coool!" (I don't like Nezha, if that wasn't clear)

Yeah my impression wasn't that Nehza was super dangerous, but more that Lu Bu was a pathetic joke in WO3. So him getting a god mode is a bit step up. Still I wonder what they will do with him in the game. There are only 8 god slots so limiting Lu Bu to his usual role, but only with a transformation seems like a bit of a waste. Giving him an important or leading role in the story would be weird though seeing how Lu Bu is both an awful person and an awful leader.

Naotora is still the worst and no god mode will change that.

6 minutes ago, Sasori said:

Yeah my impression wasn't that Nehza was super dangerous, but more that Lu Bu was a pathetic joke in WO3. So him getting a god mode is a bit step up. Still I wonder what they will do with him in the game. There are only 8 god slots so limiting Lu Bu to his usual role, but only with a transformation seems like a bit of a waste. Giving him an important or leading role in the story would be weird though seeing how Lu Bu is both an awful person and an awful leader.

Naotora is still the worst and no god mode will change that.

Maybe WO3 Lu Bu was actually DW9 Lu Bu - the pathetically weak one that you have to pursue to beat Hulao Gate instead of the regular Lu Bu you must not pursue. 

Also, Naotora isn't THE worst. That would be Xiaoqiao and Daqiao. Naotara is just almost the worst. 

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I wonder if they're ever going to address that Nobunaga and Cao Cao are practically identical when it comes to their looks and their ultimate goal, which is discarding old traditions.
Speaking of Nobunaga, I never expected him to sound like he's constantly on a stage in a play / a posh noble. I imagine him making overdramatic gestures whenever he talks. XD

I also hope they take a few notes from All-Stars, Fire Emblem Warriors and Hyrule Warriors and give us a damn way to lock on to enemy officers. It is no fun getting hit by an attack you didn't see coming because the guy you're attacking hides in a crowd and / or sneaks off-screen, especially if said attack is a Musou attack that instantly kills you if you play any difficulty above Normal and / or use lower level characters.
I also hope they make level 1 characters not suck so much. I swear, half the difficulty of the earlygame in Orochi 3 is the fact that nearly every character starts out weaker than a cockroach. I should not have so much trouble killing a generic nameless mook is all I'm saying. It's also one of the reasons why I feel discouraged from trying out new characters after I already found three that I like (Kunoichi, Wang Yuanji and Kasumi in my case), because I know full well that starting a new character is nothing short of a nightmare waiting to happen. I'm also reluctant to spend growth points to get them out of that early hell (which is around level 15 for most characters), because I wouldn't want to waste points on a character I end up not enjoying (like the three initial idiots you get). This is part of the reason why I said that WO3U's roster is too big. 

Did I just use an opportunity to stealthily state some of my complaints about WO3U? Sorry.

Anyway, looking forward to WO4, where you can hopefully get Mitsunari Ishida early enough for him to be worth a damn. I loved the guy in All-Stars.

Just use the bonus experience mechanics if it bothers you that much about being actually weak at the start. Something tells me you’d really dislike the older warriors games where you could die in seconds from Arrow fire if you didn’t block.

They addressed the Cao Cao and Nobunaga deal in the earlier Orochi games.

Part of the reason you probably don’t enjoy the full cast, is probably because you’re not an oldie or haven’t played DW8XL or SW4/4-II.

With the lock on thing there’s also something called... actually getting good. I never even use the lock on in the 3 games it’s in, because turn blocking is still effective. That and FEW, HW and All Stars aren’t as good as Orochi 3, DW 8XLand SW4

25 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Maybe WO3 Lu Bu was actually DW9 Lu Bu - the pathetically weak one that you have to pursue to beat Hulao Gate instead of the regular Lu Bu you must not pursue. 

Also, Naotora isn't THE worst. That would be Xiaoqiao and Daqiao. Naotara is just almost the worst. 

Yes keep beating that dead horse. I’m sure it’s relevant to our conversation at hand. Except it’s not.

Edited by Jedi

9 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Just use the bonus experience mechanics if it bothers you that much about being actually weak at the start. Something tells me you’d really dislike the older warriors games where you could die in seconds from Arrow fire if you didn’t block.

They addressed the Cao Cao and Nobunaga deal in the earlier Orochi games.

Part of the reason you probably don’t enjoy the full cast, is probably because you’re not an oldie or haven’t played DW8XL or SW4/4-II.

With the lock on thing there’s also something called... actually getting good. I never even use the lock on in the 3 games it’s in, because turn blocking is still effective.

Yes keep beating that dead horse. I’m sure it’s relevant to our conversation at hand. Except it’s not.

So talking about Lu Bu being weaker than standard in X is not relevant to him being weaker than standard in Y? Are you actually serious?

I swear, the SF mods have the most backwards, overly stringent definition of what does and does not constitute on topic in any forum I have ever participated in. 

Edited by Etheus