I have some trouble creating a deck

Watanuki

Hi, my name is Watanuki, and I'm kind of new on this forum, been reading quite a while since I got my Fire Emblem Awakening copy and needed some advice on some stuff.

Anyway, I'm making this thread because I'm having some trouble on building a deck around B01-091SR 選ばれし希望の戦士 ウード Owain Chosen Warrior of Hope.

I think is a very quick card, and it can break orbs very fast, so I wanted to use it, and also because it's Owain, and he is my favorite character.

Well, going to the point, I can't seem to decide which cards use to support him, covering his weaknesses and to make his attacks stronger, I'm using B01-093HN 力を封印せし者 ウード Judicious Swordsman, Owain as Hero/MC, but I'm not sure if using B01-091SR 伝説の継承者 ウード Legendary Descendant, Owain (cost 2), as he has very good sinergy with Lissa cards, which I was also planning to use, but I can't help thinking that cost 2 card is better when used outside of MC.

Currently I'm using:

• B01-093HNJudicious Swordsman, Owain
  • B01-092N Legendary Descendant, Owain
  • B01-091SR Chosen Warrior of Hope, Owain
  • B01-083R Demure Dancer, Olivia
  • S02-004ST Intellectual Inquirer, Miriel
  • B01-069N Maiden of Flower Fortunes, Sumia
  • B01-057R Exalted Strategist, Robin
  • B01-058N Amnesia-stricken Tactician, Robin

Well, I will say that it will be good to put lots of Flying units, they have rescue which gives mobility to the deck and are 30 power supports. About B01-092N Legendary Descendant, Owain... I don't think he is useful for anything but paying the cost of B01-091SR Chosen Warrior of Hope, Owain. Also I'm not really sure about Promoted Lissa, she is a 10 power support and need to be class changed to have his skill but Olivia can make some devastating turns so I will say she is worth it even if she is just 10 power in support.

Lonqu can be a good option as his promoted form gains 10 per sword user, also Chrom can be good as he helps to make more attacks that will destroy 2 orbs, via his support skill or the skill in the promoted one. Male Robin is also pretty amazing, if you can get it i highly recommend it.

Over all I will say that putting flying units in the deck, Cherche, Sumia and Cordelia, is top priority. They are amazing.

Also you can try to mix it with some Norh/Black cards, Promoted Luna can be ha 80 power attacker with Owain and the SR Elise is quite amazing.

And that's all I can say, I'm by no means an expert but I hope my advice helps you at least a little.

The only Owain cards you would probably need are Owain (cost 4) and Owain (cost 1).

As for supports, it would depend on what you have / want to play.

Nowi (cost 3) is an excellent Blue / Awakening card (one of the best cards in the game atm) so its probably best to have as many of it as possible.

You want to max out your fliers (Cordelia, Sumia, Cherche) (Cost 1s), because 30 Support is pretty much the best, can't really go wrong with it.

I dunno if you want to go mixing another colour into the deck, but it's up to you (and also depends what you got).

I agree with above poster in regards to the Owain's you'll want to run.

Rank 4 Owain in your case will be your primary orb taker, and you'll want him out as fast as possible. He should definitely be run at 4.

Rank 2 Owain looks good on paper, and FEELS like it would synergize well, it'd be nothing but a filler card, and would end up clogging your deck. I'd avoid running him.

Rank 1 Owain feels a bit shaky to me, being able to take 2 orbs is great, but losing 10 attack isn't. To offset this we're going to need 2 things, lots of copies of Owain for Critical Hits and lots of flying units with a huge 30 support, otherwise he's not going to be able to run over enemy units. Run him at 4 copies.

So what ELSE do you run?

- Young Prodigy, Cordelia: She's pretty much a staple in any blue deck because she's a flying unit. Her Rescue ability is awesome in a pinch and her support skill Flying Emblem is great for giving your deck some much needed mobility. Run her in 2 - 4. I prefer 4 because promotion Cordelia's CCS ability is too good IMO.

- Pegasus Knight Paragon, Cordelia: Definitely one of the best cards in the game, being able to attack a second time for winning combat is huge, her promotion ability gives ALL allied flying units 1 - 2 range until the end of the turn, giving you some scary control of your opponents board and to top it all off, 30 support. Run her in 4.

- Jet Black Ace, Gerome: I really didn't understand how good this card was until I realized how many relevant cards are sword users at the moment. Because the current meta is so heavily focused on sword users, Gerome is pretty much always a base 80 attack which is great and he also comes with that 30 support Owain likes. Not worth running his unpromoted variant IMO. Run 3 - 4 of him.

- Intellectual Inquired, Miriel: She's one of the only draw engines in the game right now and she lets you do 2 things draw cards and manipulate your hand. first she lets you draw a card by discarding a card which is good for thinning your deck out, and getting to the cards you need while offering hand control by allowing you to discard cards you're not using anymore, and secondly her support bonus is great because it's the same thing but you don't have to bother deploying her.

IMO drawing cards is the most powerful thing you can do in just about any card game, I like running her in 3's.

- Maiden of Flowers Fortune, Sumia: She's good for exactly the same reasons as unpromoted Cordelia, Rescue, Flying Emblem and 30 support. Run her in sets of 2 - 4.

- Gentle Flower of the Shepherds, Sumia: A great option for any blue deck for a few reasons. First off, 30 support. Second off, Cry of the Pegasus. Whenever an allied unit (Including Owain) is supported by a flying unit (Which is gonna happen, because blue decks have a ton of great flying units at their disposal, so we'd be stupid not to run a bunch of them) they gain +10. So Rank 1 Owain gets supported by Cordelia while promotion Sumia is on the field. He uses his ability to make him 30 attack but take 2 orbs, then he gets 40 support power which brings him up to 70, he's almost guaranteed to take 2 orbs from any rank 1 character in the game, and if a unit is supported by themselves, he should be taking 2 orbs from any character in the game except someone like rank 5 Tiki.

Sumia is a fantastic supporting unit and I recommend you run 4 unpromoted and 4 promoted.

- Wellspring of Youth, Nowi: One of the best cards in the game. AFAIK, she's the only unit in the game that lets you recycle used bonds and can allow you to place bonds without fear of never getting access to them again.

She can also become a massive 80 attack with 6 or more bonds and has 1 - 2 range. Only 20 support power, but that's okay because she's awesome. Run her in 2 - 3 otherwise she'll clog your deck. She can be a dead draw early/mid game.

- Lissa/Maribelle: They're clerics and are therefore incredibly valuable. They're your only way of recycling units in your discard and will allow you to do things like fetch copies of Owain for his effect or other cards for Crits/Evades or grabbing promotions/units as you need them. Clerics tend to be high value targets which when combined with Sumia and Cordelia can make your opponents life difficult when considering who to attack. Run 3 - 4 of either Lissa OR Maribelle. Not both as that's overkill IMO.

Chrom, (F) Robin and Tharja are all generally considered good for blue decks, but I don't tend to run them because I tend to stick with fliers.

Cherche can also be considered an option here and running her rank 1 variant doesn't really cause your deck any harm, she's another 30 support with flying emblem and rescue which is nice. Her promotion is a little less useful, buffing all flying units by 10 and doesn't offer anything to Owain, though her usefulness is multiplied the more flying units you run in your deck.

Hopefully this gives you an idea of what you should be looking for when building your deck.

Edited by Ignis Sphaera

• 2 weeks later...

Well thank you all for your comments, I really appreciate it.

As for the deck, yes, I was thinking on mixing it with some black cards, but I currently only have blue and red ones. About flying units, should I run 12? I mean 4 Sumia, 4 Cordelia and 4 Cherche.

I was really thinking about removing B01-092N Legendary Descendant, Owain because, yes, he is a very interesting card and his effect tempts you to use it, but when playing it it doesn't feel as much satisfactory than it did in my head...

About promoted Lissa, deploying a Maribelle card and not letting her be defeated makes for a good combo, as Lissa gets a total of 80 damage.

So again, thank you all, all your comments have made me an idea of what I shoul get.