FE6 - FE7 crossover

Katie

I decided to make a romhack for FE6 that replaces certain units with ones from FE7. I got my inspiration from FE7 crossover, a romhack of FE8 that replaces several units with FE7 ones. It did poorly in execution, but the concept was cool, and I thought it'd be really cool to have some FE7 units in FE6. I've gone and replaced Ellen with Serra, Chad with Matthew, Zeiss with Nino, Astore with Jaffar, Tate with Florina, and Ogier, Barth, and Wendy with Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn, respectively. I've changed their classes, stats, growths, and affinities to match those of their FE7 counterparts. I've done some other editing too, but nothing too major, with the most major change being upping the level cap to 30 so classes that can't promote don't end up as screwed over. Other than that, I've made a few edits to the base stats and max stats of classes(Thieves caps are now the same as Assassins), edited the stats of a few items(the biggest changes here being making the S rank weapons and Fae's dragonstone unbreakable), buffed a few characters base stats, and buffed everyone's growths. I also made Short Bow and Murgleis 1-2 range, the former so its name can be less misleading and the latter because Wynaut. Also note that since Jaffar, Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn's classes aren't in FE6, Jaffar is a thief with crit+30(to make up for lack of lethality), Eliwood is a Paladin, Ly is a swordmaster that can use bows, and Hector is a general that can use swords. Here's the patch I have so far. Be sure to patch it to an FE6 ROM that's been hardpatched with gringe's translation.

EDIT: I have now inserted the portraits. I also edited the names. Go ahead and download the beta

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4ge3qq4gqzxksj/FE6%20-%20FE7%20Crossover%20beta.xdelta?dl=0

EDIT2: Here's a new patch I just made that adds even more characters. Canas replaces his mom, Dart replaces Garret, Geitz replaces Wade, Oswin replaces Douglas, Pent replaces Yoder, Rath replaces Shin, Raven replaces Deke, Rebecca replaces Dorothy, and Sain replaces Lance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6pk2pdxorqxcq4/FE6%20-%20FE7%20Crossover%20beta%20v2.xdelta?dl=0

Here's another patch I made that adds Sacred Stones characters in addition to FE7 ones. Amelia replaces Bors, Eirikia replaces Noah, Ephraim replaces Treck, Innes replaces Klain, Joshua replaces Rutger, Lute replaces Hugh, L'Arachel replaces Clarine, Marisa replaces Fir, Moulder replaces Saul, Myrrh replaces Fae, Seth replaces Jerrot, Gerik replaces Deke, and Tethys replaces Lalum:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9ggqauw1wrgkdo/FE6%20-%207%208%20crossover.xdelta?dl=0

Edited by Matthewtheman

The replaced characters don't really make much sense from a story perspective... but maybe I'll give this a shot when I wake up later.

Yeah. It's best not to try and make sense of of the story with this hack. the story is literally exactly the same. But who knows, maybe I'll try and form a coherent story out of tis hack in the future.

great screens bro

I'll provide screens eventually. I just have to play test it until I've reached all the parts I wan to screencap.

Also, do you guys think I should boost the bases of the Chapter 1 player units? I found chapter 1 to be rather difficult thanks to the boosted accuracy of axes, and I'd imagine it'd be really hard to beat without making heavy use of Marcus and Roy(whose bases have been boosted due to me boosting his class bases), and I can only imagine what it's like on hard mode. I myself ended up boosting every non-Marcus player unit in chapter 1's bases by 4 across the board to beat it, though I obviously wouldn't go that far for an official release of the patch. Maybe just boost Allen's speed and Lance's strength or something.

EDIT: I added a few other important changes I made to the OP.

Edited by Matthewtheman

• 2 weeks later...