• Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn
    • Shadow Dragon
    • New Mystery of the Emblem
    • Awakening
    • Fates
  2. 2. Top three?

Since we don't have a poll about one's favorite overall game, I decided to make one. There are two polls here, one where you just vote for your favorite, and another where you pick your top three. The latter is so can get a better feel for which FEs are the most popular. My top three are Awakening, New Mystery, and Genealogy, in that order.

1 Radiant Dawn: there was a lot of great maps and a unique hard mode.

2 Thracia 776: The difficulty was amazing. The plot was really good. Maps were fun and the capture mechanic was absolutely amazing.

3 Heroes if Light and Shadow: Well simple it was a FE remake done properly the side story was really interesting and it had a lot of the features everyone loves before Awakening had it.

I like fe9

the story's good and the missions actually varying significantly is fun

then fe7

the story's also pretty decent, the gameplay is pretty fun, and it has a ton of replayability

then either fe4 or fe11

fe11 is fun and I like it

fe4 has a pretty good story and I have fun with it despite the gameplay being unbalanced as fuck and being extremely frustrating at times

it's just fun to mess with the incredibly unbalanced gameplay

things like master knight are just fun to use

Edited by maybe

1ST: FE7, it's fun, it's one of the 2 FE games with an actually good plot, and one of the 2 games in the series I can't describe as unbalanced as all heck. Also has my second favorite map design in the series

2ND: Awakening, It's fun, highly exploitable, and unlike most FE games, you can actually pick it up and play it without playing the main quest. Also, if it wasn't for Chap. 23 ruining it, I would honestly feel it has the best plot in the series. As it stands, chap. 23 turns a good plot with problems explaining things into a mess that I still don't understand, so I can't say it has a good plot because of that

3RD: Binding Blade, best map design, balanced characters, and my Smash main's home game, what's not to love? Honestly, if it wasn't for the BS Gaiden's, it would be my favorite

Edited by MCProductions

1. Heroes of Light and Shadow: I just really like this FE game. I really enjoy the maps (I really like some of their designs. This game contains some of my favorite maps in the series), the difficulty (It progressively gets harder as you go on, but not too hard imo), the story (not too simple, but not too complex. It is a joy to enjoy the story) and the characters (I really like the characters in this game for some reason).

2. Binding Blade: Same as above I guess. I really have nothing new to say here.

3. Genealogy of the Holy War: Just finished chapter 1, and I have to say that this game is interesting in its own right. This is has many mechanics that are different from other FE games, and yet it feels like more of an FE game then some other FE games. I really enjoy the maps so far and the characters are great. I also like the pairing system in the game.

1. FE 4-The story is by far my favorite and I love pretty much all the characters(I also love the small amount too). I love the gameplay and I also like music too. I pretty much love everything about the game.

2. FE 8-Again I pretty much love everything but the story is not as impact full as FE 4. Though before I finished FE 4, this was my favorite.

3. FE 9-Despite my distaste for FE10(Which should not influence my decision anyways)I still really like this game. I like how Ike makes sense and I like the concepts introduced such as Laguz and bringing back skills etc.

TBD:FE 14-I have played it but I am waiting for it to be officially released in the West. Though I doubt the English release will effect the list.

1. Radiant Dawn

2. Path of Radiance

3. Sacred Stones

I'm a huge Tellius fangirl, and its games are my favorites of all time. It likely won't be topped either, I loved them both and Ike that much! <3

EDIT: I've never played the Japan-only FEs or Fates though.

Edited by Anacybele

Thracia is my favorite. Difficulty be damned, the game has so much in the way of interesting mechanics and it's a damn shame they got tossed to the wayside.

Otherwise, top three are that, Genealogy and a tossup between Binding Blade and Gaiden.

Yes, I said Gaiden.