Suggested team for H1 that dosn't copy my 2 previous teams?

sirmola

I wanted to try an H1 playthrough (probably not a gaiden run), but i don't want to copy my previous teams, which war as follows:

1st run (normal without gaidens. I killed garnef with starlight):

Marth, sheeda, frey, able, ogma, barst, lena, nabarl, meric, sedgar (who i did not level enough, so he came out horrably), minerva, jake, xane, tiki, gotoh

2nd run (a gaiden run. I skiped garnef, and got nagi's chapter by killing and resurecting tiki)

Marth, sheeda, frey, able, cain(as an archer/sniper), ogma, barst, lena, athena, meric, sedgar(as a general and used properly this time), jake, xane, tiki, nagi.

Both times, i used julian for any thief needs, but not as a unit.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to mx things up a bit and still have a decent team?

I want to be able to use all weapon types and locked weapons (so longbows, excaleber, and aura. Missing the wing spear is not the end of the world this time as i got it the last two times). I have no access to wifi ( wsh that i could get a falconight for a change, but i perfer playing on my cart and have no cheating device, so that's a wash. Is it possible to spoof the 3ds internet to access the replacement wifi shop that i read someone put up?

Any suggestions for different mages to run? Meric and lena do a decent job, but i want a change. I would still perfer to have both a male and female to get both tomes. I heard that sheeda works well, but i looking at stats, she looks worse then meric magicwise. Should i try using meric as a healer?

Are there any good axe users other than Barst? I am considering having wolf go general this time and having sedgar go beserker, or possibly just using ogma and barst again, but having them swap classes this time. Is there enough EXP in this game to use both wolf and sedgar and still have a balanced party?

Would it be a good idea to try to use julian?

What about an archer/sniper? the defaults look questionable. Alternately, i could skip long bow usage and just rely on wolf/ sedgar for bow users (which is why i recomended bow classes above.)

What about my flyers/paladins? Frey obviously no longer exists, and i would like to mix it up a bit. I hear hardin and the whitewings are good, but the whitewings seem to come lateish.

As for the balistician, i'll probably just use beck. Xane has the advantage of being awesome even if you almost never deploy him, so i don't have to plan out using him.

Overall, how hard is H1, compared to normal? How much can you experiment? Is it worth bothering to use marth? Do you get much additional EXP in hard as compared to normal? Are there any notable changes other then the lack of prolog?

Edited by sirmola

Draug (hunter), Julian (as a combat unit), Navarre and Merric (as cavaliers), Cord (as a dark mage), Roshea or Vyland (as a sniper), Linde and Minerva are some things you can try.

H1 is Normal with a VERY slight bump. . .so slight that it's not that noticeable, unless you're trying to rush through the game. The biggest changes are the ambush spawns and Chapter 1. Otherwise, you can have Jagen stomp on half the game.

H1 is Normal with a VERY slight bump. . .so slight that it's not that noticeable, unless you're trying to rush through the game. The biggest changes are the ambush spawns and Chapter 1. Otherwise, you can have Jagen stomp on half the game.

If it's really that slight of a chnge, is h2 a bigger change?

H3 or maybe H4 would be better. Still, its most likely that only early-game makes it difficult. Later on you will be able to Warp skip through...

Just get Wrys early on, with a healer it is much easier to stay alive.

^ Why do you imply that everyone who plays through FE11 would be care about warpskipping?

I mean it's a thing you can do if you get lazy, but the more fun way tends to be getting through it the "regular" way.

Edited by Gradivus.

H3 or maybe H4 would be better. Still, its most likely that only early-game makes it difficult. Later on you will be able to Warp skip through...

Just get Wrys early on, with a healer it is much easier to stay alive.

I should not that although i want notably harder than the curbstomp that is normal, i don't actually want it to be all that hard(slightly easier than awakening hard). I've seen enough of H5 on LPs to want nothing to do with a difficulty level that is anywhere near it, which i am afraid of H3 or H4 being. Also, i want to be able to experiment.

Why do you imply that everyone that plays through FE11 would be interested in warpskip?

I'm certainly not. I hate missing the exp and items. The only chapter in fe11 that i have ever warpeskipped was garnef's chapter in the run where i did not kill him, and even then, i made sure to warp enough people to get all non-falchion drops.

Edited by sirmola

Oh, I meant SSJDennis since he tends to bring up warpskip in like every second FE11 playthrough he posts in. (granted, I saw it 2 times, but it's still notable since both times were pretty recent)

Edited by Gradivus.

Oh, I meant SSJDennis since he tends to bring up warpskip in like every second FE11 playthrough he posts in. (granted, I saw it 2 times, but it's still notable since both times were pretty recent)

I knew that, but i don't want people to make team composition suggestions assuming that i warpskip because that's how they play. In fact i am one of those people who doesn't really care about turncounts at all, as long as they are not long enough to get tedious.

Edited by sirmola

If it's really that slight of a chnge, is h2 a bigger change?

It's really slight, and IMO H1 from H2 is a bigger change than Normal to H1. It's still possible to screw around with reclassing in H2 and finish wihout having to resort to stupid shenanigans (albeit sloppily).

I should not that although i want notably harder than the curbstomp that is normal, i don't actually want it to be all that hard(slightly easier than awakening hard). I've seen enough of H5 on LPs to want nothing to do with a difficulty level that is anywhere near it, which i am afraid of H3 or H4 being. Also, i want to be able to experiment.

Even H4 isn't anywhere near as hard as H5. As far as difficulty goes (assuming no warpskipping), I'd rank them as follows.

H5 >> H4 > H3 > H2 >> H1 = NM.

Even H4 isn't anywhere near as hard as H5. As far as difficulty goes (assuming no warpskipping), I'd rank them as follows.

H5 >> H4 > H3 > H2 >> H1 = NM.

I'll admit that I havn't heard much about relative difficulties. I've played normal, and People talk about H5 a lot, but everything else seems to just kind of get ignored. In order to get some sense of scale, which of those difficulties is closest to awakening Normal? Hard? Lunatic?

Edited by sirmola

LOL, yeah. I just assume it, because its the "easiest" way to beat the game.

I knew that, but i don't want people to make team composition suggestions assuming that i warpskip because that's how they play. In fact i am one of those people who doesn't really care about turncounts at all, as long as they are not long enough to get tedious.

If you don't plan on skipping anything, just use fighters that can wield horse slaying weapons. Ridersbane will proof to be a godsend, so is the Poleaxe to a lesser extend. Also Merric his Excalibur is pretty strong. Not sure if you will get Aura, but Linde is a nice unit, when you get her level high enough.

To beat H3 or higher, you need to stick to a small group of fighters. Level them up and spread the EXP gain among them, in the end you will have plenty 20/10 units that can breeze through the rest of the game.

I think H3 is hardish, but still fair. So why not try the first few chapters? If you think it is to hard, just switch back to H2.

You miss the point. Warpskip tends to be a very boring way to play and thus not the option the average player would probably prefer. You don't need to point it out constantly either because it's obvious that the option exists.

• 1 month later...

Here's a team that I chose randomly(with "random thing picker"), and am able to "cusomize" any way I see fit or to any advantage. It will not mirror anyone's previous teams - I swear it. Try using the following characters; and only the following characters any way you please. The only thing you cannot do is warp-skip chapters.

1: Marth
2: Julian
3: Elice
4: Macellan
5: Tiki
6: Astram
7: Palla
8: Linde
9: Doga/Draug [will Choke point!]
10: Midia
11: Roger
12: Tomas
13: Jake
14: Wolf
15: Radd
Note: Julian was not chosen randomly, but would have been replaced with Rickard if Rickard was chosen. I am extremely biased for Julian.

Are there any good axe users other than Barst? I am considering having wolf go general this time and having sedgar go beserker, or possibly just using ogma and barst again, but having them swap classes this time. Is there enough EXP in this game to use both wolf and sedgar and still have a balanced party?

Would it be a good idea to try to use julian?

YES

and YEEEESSSS!!!!

Ok. Pro-tip: Doga/Draug is excellent as a pirate(sanic-like speed). Cord is great as an armor knight. (Statistically Tankier than Doga.) Reclass them. Lastly, I found Roshea to be a decent archer with a 30% strength growth - and he got 19 strength by end game when I made him this way. Plus there's stat boosters, so It's not like it's horrible. He will get more than 20 skill - every. single. time.