Persona 4 Expert LLG

ruadath

If anyone cares, I'm currently working on this challenge and posting videos to YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPs9XPS9DEY&list=PLaRQIiRnzZu9oTu5A2fPAj-ZX6U9Q0YDI

Should be fun! It's my first time playing through the game, by the way/

[spoiler=Boss Fights]Shadow Yosuke

Shadow Chie

Avenger Knight

Shadow Yukiko

Edited by ruadath

If you bring non-MC characters into battle (you can choose who you bring after the next dungeon) and leave them KO'd when the battle ends, the MC will get 1/4th of the exp and nobody else will gain any experience (having the MC enter the battle alone will give him 4x experience instead, sorta ruining the point of a challenge and making it a 'solo' game at eventually normal levels). This is what you want to be doing for a low-level playthrough.

I tried this challenge once and it wasn't much fun - you have to farm skill fusion accidents, then the right Arcana (I forget what it was) to have skills morph into higher-tier ones. I have videos of this remaining up until Shadow Kanji or so, but I doubt I will be returning to it ever. The farming requirements are way worse than in P3P, and if you're not playing the Vita version you can't just run up and down the same two floors to regenerate the chests. Soulgrunt has finished an LLG in the Vita version (Golden is the name iirc), so you might wanna check that out.

If you bring non-MC characters into battle (you can choose who you bring after the next dungeon) and leave them KO'd when the battle ends, the MC will get 1/4th of the exp and nobody else will gain any experience (having the MC enter the battle alone will give him 4x experience instead, sorta ruining the point of a challenge and making it a 'solo' game at eventually normal levels). This is what you want to be doing for a low-level playthrough.

I'm not going for strict lowest level here, just only mandatory battles. I'm playing for a perfect game as well (max Social Links, possibly all quests completed), so I'm just kind of doing this to have fun, and seeing what happens along the way.

I tried this challenge once and it wasn't much fun - you have to farm skill fusion accidents, then the right Arcana (I forget what it was) to have skills morph into higher-tier ones. I have videos of this remaining up until Shadow Kanji or so, but I doubt I will be returning to it ever. The farming requirements are way worse than in P3P, and if you're not playing the Vita version you can't just run up and down the same two floors to regenerate the chests. Soulgrunt has finished an LLG in the Vita version (Golden is the name iirc), so you might wanna check that out.

Skill fusion accidents? Not sure what that means exactly, but IIRC you can't get other personas for Izanagi since there are no tutorial battles like in P3 (where you can pick up Pixie and Asparagus I know that's not her name, but I don't remember what it is), so you can't fuse stuff. Unless I'm missing something? Obviously not familiar with the game since it's my first time playing.

Lol yes, the farming requirements suck, although I did overprepare way too much for Avenger Knight. I suppose that gives me a good supply of items that should hopefully last a while though.

Shadow Yukiko downed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_uP5gUao6Y

This took a little bit of luck (and a lot of preparation), with chest farming on the upper floors for Flame Surpressors + Combat Dress + Gentleman's Tuxes to give everyone max durability and evasion. Other than that the strategy was as normal: chuck damage items at the enemy and revive as necessary!

Dealing with Kanji seems like it will be very painful. I think the main strategy I will employ is to go on an all out attack and hope everyone survives the first round. If this occurs, then they can do the same on the second round and 8 Smart Bombs should spell death for Nice Guy, which will hopefully make the fight manageable (after a string of revivals).

The annoying thing is that unlike is soulgrunt's LLG of P4Golden, the enemies tend not to have elemental weaknesses, so I can't knock them down like he does.

Edited by ruadath