Least favourite maps in each Fire Emblem game?

Icemario

Curious to see what maps people hate the most.

FE2: At the end of chapter 3 on Celica's side, when you fight Geyse. I didn't grind in my run and it was normal mode, so he was far more powerful than any of my units and the summoner kept creating fodder for me to have to blast through only to get hammered by him. So I had to make my own fodder with Jenny's Illusion to stall the summoner's skeletons and maybe whittle Geyse's health away while I dealt with all the other units without losing any of my own, including sending Catria to the summoner on an assassination mission:

4vaOR9j.png?1

Admittedly it was a funny thing to do but the map mostly felt like a drag because of what I had to do.

FE4: Chapter 3, if the game's going to have massive maps, at least don't make you have to backtrack so heavily to get to the next castle, especially if you have to do this twice. The only redeeming quality is the music that comes it, imo.

FE6: I don't remember this game well enough to pick.

FE7: Battle Before Dawn, protecting someone far from your starting point in fog of war is not a fun thing.

FE8: Don't remember this game well enough to pick.

FE11: Chapter 7, its reinforcements felt endless and at that stage they were readily capable of murdering some of my units, which forced half a dozen frustrating restarts.

FE12: Chapter 12 is a nightmare with all those dragons and wyverns and reinforcements, can't stand it.

FE13: Hated Chapter 22 for its layout and frequency of reinforcements.

Day Breaks from FE 9, I legitimately couldn't see anything on that map without turning up the brightness on my tv, and this flipping map has 4 PARTS to it

The Water Temple from FE7, berserk staffs, bolting mooks, and changing terrain = 1 gaiden I always skip

Finally, the Book 1 battle with Gharnef in FE3, I legitimately decided screw it, and quit that playthrough because of those 4 jerks on the top floor.

FE6: Chapter 14. Desert + Fog of War = Not fun. And that ain't even the half of it...

FE7: Battle Before Dawn. Protecting someone who starts out a long ways away from your starting point in Fog of War? Ugh. It's especially sucktastic on HHM.

FE8: Can't remember well enough to choose.

FE9: Chapter 27. The second part of the chapter is luck-based to a massive extreme, and there's a time limit.

FE10: 4-4. You're forced to field two deadweight characters, and you have a MASSIVE amount of reinforcements. Also, chapter 2-1 because you only get like 3 units to work with.

FE11: Chapter 13. It goes waaaay over the legal limit with ballistae (pretty much all the enemy units on that map are ballisticians), and that's just horrible.

FE13: Chapter 17. Starting out separated is bad enough, but this is pretty much where the gloves come off. Also, chapter 4, for forcing you to make do with a very small unit amount.

FE13: Hated Chapter 22 for its layout and frequency of reinforcements.

Are you sure you didn't mean chapter 21?

Edited by Levant Colthearts

FE6: I like most of the maps, but my least fav would be 18S because of the random reinforcement nonsense. Blocking 12 or something tents just to feel remotely safe is super annoying. 19S comes second, it'd be a lot better if fliers could fly over the big wall, as is it's kind of a slogfest. C13, 14 and 16 have similar amounts of movement, but more objectives and varied solutions, more constant action, and allow for better EP possibilities and hitrates.

FE7: Unfulfilled Heart and Sands of Time, I really dislike defense maps.

FE8: Don't recall

FE9: ^

FE10: Duh, the entirety of part 4 and a significant portion of part 3

FE11: C1 because it's borderline luck-based and the boss is worse than most FE6 and FE8 bosses

FE12: C3 due to being tedious

FE13: C23, mostly because turn 1 is BS since you can't rescue staff without specific reclass paths on Chrom and/or MU that I often don't use in casual play

Edited by Gradivus.

FE4: Chapter 2 for having too damn much backtracking. The rush at the start is also unpleasant.

FE5: It is really not fun to do anything that isn't cheese it by turtling with all those ballista and leadership stars.

FE6: Chapter 16x for going waaaaay over the legal limit with long-range magic, also heavenly arrows.

FE7: Chapter 14 for having rain in tandem with unreachable forts and pegasus knight reinforcements. DM to Chapter 29 on HHM for changing the enemy layout way too drastically.

FE8: Chapter 14 Eph for the conveyor belt reinforcements, the lack of free Restore staves vs all the status staves and Rennac.

FE11: Chapter 13 is a good example of what not to do with ballista.

FE12: Do I even need to explain Chapter 3? DM to Chapter 12 for cheap trial and error reinforcements and Chapter 4 for the opening.

Are you sure you didn't mean chapter 21?

No, I don't even remember reinforcements being a thing in that map beyond the ones on the side, and you can at least push through those more bearably due to its structure, anyway.

FE11: C1 because it's borderline luck-based and the boss is worse than most FE6 and FE8 bosses

This also, I'd consider it the hardest chapter in the game.

And also FE12's C3 per what others have said about it, my second least favourite.

No, I don't even remember reinforcements being a thing in that map beyond the ones on the side, and you can at least push through those more bearably due to its structure, anyway.

Chapter 22 had no reinforcements. Which chapter did you really mean? 24?

22 doesn't have any reinforcements though, it's the map with the deadlords that drop the regalia

23 is the one with the purple wall and 24 the one with the forest and the huge amounts of mounted reinforcements. Idk which one you mean, though frequent reinforcements makes me guess 24.

21 has reinforcements coming from the stairs in square-shaped formations in the middle part of the map, they spawn from turn 5 to 9.

Edited by Gradivus.

FE6: Chapter 7. I found this chapter annoying with the enemies appearing in the throne room and the wyverns and the cavaliers that appear at the bottom.

FE7: Chapter 26. Fog of War, protecting Zephiel. Not fun stuff.

FE8: I don't recall a chapter giving me much of a headache.

FE9: Chapter 19. I want the special item from Naesala, but it's a little annoying to get to him without having any of the ravens killed.

FE10: Chapter 4-3. Desert map and takes forever because of the reinforcements.

FE11: Chapter 11. The Ballistae are annoying

FE12: Chapter 3. The mountain.

FE13: Chapter 9. Desert. Also, getting attacked from behind with wyvern riders..... in a desert.

FE3/12 The desert chapter with the wyverns

FE6 chapter 14 and some of the more gimmicky gaidens, such 14x

FE7 the chapter where you fight sonia cause it has the same stupid gimmick as the above 14x

Fe6- Arcadia

FE7- Genesis and Night of Farewells (Battle Before Dawn never bothered me)

8- Chapter 6

11- Most of the chapters but chapter 11 takes the cake (mainly due to my bad luck)

13- A Shot in the Dark (Paralogue 15)

false friends might be my least favorite ever

it's just kind of a not fun clusterfuck

it's not that difficult but everything goes so smoothly before and after that

I think that's probably because it is literally just a map from sword of seals with different enemy placement

and that enemy placement is bad

getting serra to recruit erk is just not fun

oddly enough I don't hate battle before dawn (at least, not on eliwood mode), but I do hate Night of Farewells because while it's interesting from a narrative perspective it's just tedious to do, especially if you want to get that angelic robe from the bishop with berserk

in fe9 the first (I think?) defense chapter

chapter 2 and 3 of fe3 are pretty bad

throwing out dracoknights in chapter 2 is not cool

FE6- Chapter 4. The double Hard Mode bonuses on the cavaliers makes this quite the slog, recruiting Rutger is also kind of a pain

FE7- Probably Sands of Time. It's a defense map with no other way to complete it, not very difficult with no real side objectives

FE8- Chapter 2. The bandits hiding on peaks tends to make this map drag on longer than it needs to.

FE9- 17-3. An easy defense map with no way to end it early is always kinda dull.

FE10- 3-7. Another one of those defense maps that just drags on for no real reason.

FE11- Chapter 1. A map where the strategy relies on hitting axe users with Javelins is not a good time.

FE12- Chapter 3. Takes forever to get to all the villages on the map, strategy to make Palla not die is pretty unituitive.

FE13- Chapter 19?(first Walhart map) It's just a wide open space, completely symmetrical and filled with mounts. This map might encourage Avatar Nosferatu more than any other.

FE4 - Chapter 7. Such a slooooooow map. The detour you have to take to seize Yied is so dumb, then you have to do the whole backtrack thing to recruit Leen. Awful drag of a map.

FE5 - Chapter 24x. Conetender for worst map in the whole series. Fog of War, enemies that rely on cheap tactics like warping endless reinforcements while being sealed in inaccessible rooms without warping, and invisible floor tiles that send you to rooms you can't get out of with out being Warped out. All for a reward that barely gives any payback.

FE6 - That Sacae map with the multiple seize points that could either end the chapter or spawn reinforcements. Terrible design, and the reason I never take Sacae route.

FE7 - The Desert map. It's really dull you have to rely on Pent so much, which really make the map boring.

FE8 - The Pirate Ship, mainly because how cheap it is with reinforcements.

FE9 - Agree on 17-3. Quite a boring map.

FE10 - The Kauku Caves map (I think it was 3-8?). I have no idea why they made this a rout map. The enemy count is huge, the map is boring, and the hazards feel a bit cheap. All this make the map drag a lot more than it should.

FE11 - Been a while since I played this, but I recall having a lot of trouble with the early maps due to hit rates being against you, so I'll go with Chapter 1.

FE12 - Chapter 3. Maaaan another drag of a map. Stupid "go around the block" design. Keeping everyone alive is a pain, and you can't end the map early without sacrifying units. Awful.

FE13 - I agree with the first Walhart map due to how lame its design is. Honorable mention to the Tiki Defend map (Paralogue 17, I think), due to the ridiculous formation and unit placement you need to make to beat it.

Edited by Jave

FE6: Arcadia is tedious and boring. Also Desert + Fog of War is a terrible combination, especially with wyvern knights rushing you.

FE7: Not a big fan of Battle Before Dawn. Zephiel and Jaffar also do stupid things, which get them killed.

FE8: I remember Father and Son being extremely hard. On my current FE8 run, I'm about to reach it, so I'll see how hard it really is.

FE10: Not far enough in the game to say.

FE13: The first Walhart chapter. Horrible map design. Cavalry charging at you in an open field isn't fun. Also the Tiki map. Seriously, a defend map with a route objective?

Edited by Glitchy

I can agree with this - I even mentioned H5 Gazzak for That One Boss. The chapter is bad enough, but to get to the boss only for Jagen to get criticalled and killed (especially since he's pretty much the only way to kill him without taking like forever)... Gilbert Gottfried's reaction in this video best describes it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i1IpGWYROs

Also, there's 2-2 in Radiant Dawn for being a not-fun clusterfuck with Fog of War and having half my party being unable to fight (without transforming, though one of those is Leanne), and the number of those that can fight well is even lower than that.

Binding Blade: A lot of them lol

Blazing Sword: Chapter 27 Cog of Destiny (Eliwood's Story); I've always hated this one and have struggled with it the most.

Sacred Stones: Probably Chapter 14 Father and Son; that freaking berserk.

Path of Radiance: Chapter 17 Day Breaks; I absolutely hate all of those stages, it takes so freaking long.

Radiant Dawn: All super easy but I'll say Part 3 Endgame From Pain, Awakening just because its like the longest Fire Emblem chapter ever.

Shadow Dragon: Chapter 23 Dark Pontifex used to be a real pain.

New Mystery of the Emblem: Chapter 3 Abducted Princess; its just so freaking stupid.

Awakening: Don't really dislike any so I'm going with Apotheosis.

7: Night of Farewells.Most of the times I do it my low movement units get stuck in the water,and I never usually have a rescue staff.

8:Scorched Sand.Holy hell I hate sand.

13:The Grimleal.Too much sand,too little magic users you can have by then.

7: Night of Farewells.Most of the times I do it my low movement units get stuck in the water,and I never usually have a rescue staff.

8:Scorched Sand.Holy hell I hate sand.

13:The Grimleal.Too much sand,too little magic users you can have by then.

Desert levels really are a pain.

FE7: Night of Farewells is just really annoying. Narrow, disappearing platforms, boss that uses Bolting, fliers coming at you...

FE8: Phantom Ship. Pretty straightforward map, it would have been pretty easy if you could just tank it out, but the enemies coming at you from off the ship, plus the boss reinforcement, plus having to get to L'Arachel in time make it really painful. I'm not sure if this chapter is possible without Cormag/Tana.

FE9: Didn't play far enough to get to a hard chapter. Recruiting Illyana was annoying.

FE11: The Wooden Cavalry.

FE13: Priam's Paralogue. How not to make a chapter difficult 101.

Edited by kantoorfarina

19S comes second, it'd be a lot better if fliers could fly over the big wall, as is it's kind of a slogfest.

Funny you day that, as I consider it the least bad of all the Sacae maps (which reminds me, the other Sacae maps can go die in a fire. Or a ditch. I don't care which.).