[FE7] Adding aditional Custom Battle Sprites

marlon0024

I think this is a nightmare issue, as you now, the character module has the incredible feat of asigning an individual battle sprite (Lucius, Raven, Lloyd, Guy, Legault, Nino Sage) This is an amazing feat that lets you have an special sprite without the need of making a new class...What i want to now is how to add new custom battle sprites that can be assigned to a specific char.

There are like 12 slots in the char editor, but, i dont now how to modify the other slots. I need those pointers to asign new custom battle sprites.

Does anyone now the pointers next to the slot 12- Jerme? I found that that one was Jerme, that is next to Hawkeye, but slots 13 to FF that aparently are empty. How do i find those offsets? or how do i make the nigthmare module to accept full ofstets instead of the byte? Cause I just bricked my rom changing the Nightmare Module...Well, to be honest just bricked Dorcas, he Became Isadora...OR THIS WOULD TAKE ASM?

Im already using the duplicated Custom Battles sprites from Lloyd and Linus.

Edited by marlon0024

Lucius, Raven, Lloyd, Linus, Legault, Nino and Guy are all actually special classes that have everything except the animation that's the same as the base class.
That being said, Raven and Linus are literally the only two of their class.

Lucius, Raven, Lloyd, Linus, Legault, Nino and Guy are all actually special classes that have everything except the animation that's the same as the base class.

That being said, Raven and Linus are literally the only two of their class.

this is incorrect

custom battle animations for a character are determined in the character editor, which the animation list is somewhere in the ROM

the custom animations themselves have the same entry setup as regular animations if I recall, so you'd just need to find where the pointers and the data are in order to make your own (if there's room or if you can even make extra pointers, if the allotted amount isn't enough...)

if all else fails just make custom classes

Edited by Lamia

this is incorrect

custom battle animations for a character are determined in the character editor, which the animation list is somewhere in the ROM

the custom animations themselves have the same entry setup as regular animations if I recall, so you'd just need to find where the pointers and the data are in order to make your own (if there's room or if you can even make extra pointers, if the allotted amount isn't enough...)

if all else fails just make custom classes

I don't remember custom battle animations being like that in F#8 but whatever..

Yep, as lamia said, they have the same class, any recomendations on finding those pointers?

Cause it is just like the map sprite list in the class editor, they just use one byte of the list...Not an entire pointer, and...I dont find how does that byte relates to the pointers of the map sprites, it is the exact same here

Edited by marlon0024

search for the animations themselves by using the battle animation editor as a reference for what bytes to search

from there, once you find the animations, you can get the pointers

Edited by Lamia