Amiibo Info

Radiance

So I was hyped when they announced the function of using the smash bros amiibos Ike, Lucina, Marth, and Robin. I can't wait until this game comes out in North America, but for those who have played this game already, I want your feedback on how these extra units are. My favorite FE character is Ike and i can't wait to use him. I have all the FE amibos so i want to know how good they are in the game. Even if they aren't the best, Ill use them for fun. I'm the type of person that will use the characters i like even if they aren't the best. Please post your feedback about these bonus units. It would be much appreciated. (Roy amibo)

PROS:

-The amiibos actually have voice actors. A huge boon in my opinion.

-They have their own exclusive class, which you can otherwise only get for your other characters via DLC.

-With their own class, comes their own skills. Disregarding usage of DLC to get those on your own units, that is.

-They come with a personal weapon reflecting that of their original game. Those are generally very powerful and stand out from others in their own way. For a rundown:

>Ike has the Divine Ragnell, which, while it drops Ike's attack speed by 3 while used, is notable for being one of the only 1-2 range swords that can double, critical and activate skills all at once. It's also got that neat ranged animation it had in the Tellius series, unlike in Awakening where you would just toss the damned thing at the opponent.

>Marth has the Divine Falchion, which is effective against dragon units without getting its might halved if it ends up facing anything else (unlike most other effective weapons likes of Wyrmslayer) and has great stats on it (on par with a Silver Sword) without any drawbacks to using it. Oh, and it's an infinite-use Vulnerary.

>Lucina has the Parallel Falchion, which functions about the same way as the Divine Falchion, except without the Vulnerary thing, it swaps 2 might for +3 to attack speed, and 10 crit evade for 10 avoid, pretty much.

>Robin has the Book of Thoron, which gives him +3 Resistance and is on par with the Rainarok in raw power without any drawbacks.

CONS:

-The amiibo units don't have supports. They function the same way as Logbook units do, pretty much.

-They don't have a personal skill. Not a huuuge deal, but it still bugs me a bit to see an empty slot at the very top left.

-They have no secondary class, and since they can't support, Buddy and Marriage Seals are obviously out of the question. They can only use the seals that make you gain a class, such as the Dark Falcon seal.

-While I'm personally not angry about it, you can't give the weapons they come with to your own units.

They're definitely not the best units you can get, but they sure have things going on for themselves.

Edited by ItzMeeMario

Thats awesome. Their pretty cool units then. They seem pretty good. Im gonna look up their max stats. Im a huge fan on FE ever since the ambassador program scared stones. Wonder if the Roy amiibo will have Binding sword. Im gonna use these units in some missions. I missed the Ragnell shockwave animation. Awakening lazy with that animation

Edited by Alvic

Out of the amiibo units...I'd have to lean towards the Marth one. Speed Seal brings Limitbreaker back and that you can give him a Vanguard seal to have him learn Aether, Str Drain and Veteran Intuition. It's only too bad that no spotpass character, but Anna can get non DLC/Special Class skills. He does have trouble getting Res like in his actual games that he'd have to actually get your only Talismen. Plus 10HP unlimited heals are always a good thing!

Lucina is a fair one. Her weapon has no drawbacks and that she'll do alot better with Galeforce!

Ike has problems doubling with his Ragnell, but it is one of the only 3 ranged swords in the game that you can double with it with Siegfried and Rajin Katana being the other two. He has problems getting Res. For this reason, he's better off being a Dread Fighter as it'll fix this issue completely. Plus having Clear Mind and Aggressor will make him more brawny than before! :D

Robin has serious problems getting Speed which can be fixed by getting him a Speed Tonic and Speed+2 from the Dark Flier class. Plus he's fitting to have Galeforce too like in Awakening. He should be a Vanguard to better his HP out along with getting Aether. Having him use a Thunder Sword while doing so then re-classing him back to his default. But with enough time, if he's over LV40, that's when he will start to shine!

Tome users can all use Hoshidan spells

The classes have different animations...somewhat, I think, but they're largely minor ones

I see, thanks for answer. Had somewhat hoped for unique animations to account for the difference between Nohrian and Hoshidan magic.

I wonder will you be able to return them to their original class if you reclassified them. Like reclassify marth into something. Do you have to use a seal or the dlc seal? You get one I heard.

Edited by Alvic

I wonder will you be able to return them to their original class if you reclassified them. Like reclassify marth into something. Do you have to use a seal or the dlc seal? You get one I heard.

Yes, if you used a DLC seal to make, for example, Ike a Grandmaster, you can use a Parallel Seal to change back to Vanguard. It's his base class. And if you wanna go back to Grandmaster again, you can Parallel Seal too as the game keeps track of the DLC classes a character acquired and adds them to their class pool.

Edited by ItzMeeMario

Good to know. The main reason is because I like getting skills from other classes is really fun and unique, yet I like to keep them their original class. For example I like keeping my characters their original class because it makes the character unique or awesome. I played the GBA games so I like a mercenary to be a mercenary and class to a hero but also have skills like astra or other skills in awakening.

Edited by Alvic

I'm gonna figure out the skills I should put on my characters. Is it a good idea to make ike the lodestar class? Idk what to give those units. The dread fighter and dark falcon have some good skills.

Edited by Alvic

I'm gonna figure out the skills I should put on my characters. Is it a good idea to make ike the lodestar class? Idk what to give those units. The dread fighter and dark falcon have some good skills.

Hell no for the Lodestar. You only get one Lodestar Seal per save file (at least for now), so you're better off using that on a non-Einherjar/Amiibo character.

...unless you're willing to use another save file to give him the Seal there then update him in the logbook and re-recruit him so that you don't have to waste your other one in whatever your main file is, then it becomes a wiser decision.

Hell no for the Lodestar. You only get one Lodestar Seal per save file (at least for now), so you're better off using that on a non-Einherjar/Amiibo character.

...unless you're willing to use another save file to give him the Seal there then update him in the logbook and re-recruit him so that you don't have to waste your other one in whatever your main file is, then it becomes a wiser decision.

Ahh, logbooks. Glad to see that they can still potentially break the game. It's also good to see that i can make my Marth into VANMARTH and then reclass him back into Lodestar with a Parallel Seal.

(Seriously, it's going to be so goofy having Marth with Ike's body.)

Not my pics. Just saw on forums and was confused.

I'm gonna assume your confused as to how the stat caps don't match the ones on the site, its because theres a feature in my castle where u can set up statues that raise the caps of characters

theres info at the bottom of this page.

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/my-castle/buildings/