Make a Fun Chapter 3: It's over!

ghast

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is General Ciraxis' submission. Called "Shameless reused assets".

This is part 1 or what is likely to be a 3 parter. Please enjoy!

Edited by ghast

GASP.

ADVANCE WARS MUSIC.

SUPER DUPER QUIET, BUT ADVANCE WARS MUSIC!

but what was the player phase...?

Player phase was from Yggdra Union. In all honesty I didn't do a very good job mapping its instruments. Enemy phase theme (and the song that played during the first dialogue scene) has samples imported directly from Advance Wars 2 so it sounds better.

Well, that submission is pretty darn good so far! Commentary is pretty funny too. I'm expecting we'll see the dragon and her dude pop up later on? I guess I'll see next episode :)

After watching this I'm feeling pretty bad about having submitted my test project. It's not funny, witty or great like this one (or designed with any references in mind, or actually changed for this contest since I learned of it 2 days before the deadline)... But I suppose it'll be over in less than 20 mins so there's a silver lining!

Well, that submission is pretty darn good so far! Commentary is pretty funny too. I'm expecting we'll see the dragon and her dude pop up later on? I guess I'll see next episode :)

After watching this I'm feeling pretty bad about having submitted my test project. It's not funny, witty or great like this one (or designed with any references in mind, or actually changed for this contest since I learned of it 2 days before the deadline)... But I suppose it'll be over in less than 20 mins so there's a silver lining!

pft don't feel bad, mine is just pure gameplay.

swweeett

okay i forgot to give my typed thoughts on this,

So yeah. This submission was pretty funny to say the least. The pandering writing was funny and recycled assets were very well made!

I thought the construction gimmick was pretty neat, as well as having multiple mini bosses.

So things I thought could use some work was the whole incentivising the rushing idea. I was told I was supposed to rush it, but I felt like I was rushing because it was a pretty easy chapter in general. Like I thought I said in my end thoughts, maybe having a looming danger as opposed to a verbal warning might make the anti-turtling thing more impactful?

A giant corridor doesn't lend itself much to creativity, if you gave the player a reason to loop around and go through that top corridor then maybe that would help as well.

Good times, though.

Here's to the next one!

That first submission was pretty darn good in my opinion. Some pretty clever stuff (loved the support knights), some funny humor (loved the Sudoku guy in particular and Ghast's answer to it) and the nasty mage boss (I can hardly believe that there's no trick to beat that super-powerful character).

I have a grand total of one negative: I felt that it finished pretty darn abrupt. There's this whole hilarious introduction with the whole super soldier parody thing and there's some funny moments in the game, but when it comes to the boss fight and the follow up, it just ends straight away. Pretty challenging (in my opinion), but there's no payoff at the end and I feel a bit let down by the ending. I was expecting some more comedy at the end.

But besides that one thing, I thought it was really good. It'll probably get my vote on who should win unless one of the other two submissions turn out to be absolutely amazing.