SF makes a FE8 Tier List - Round 2 (Post 27)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Dancers do the same thing sure. But you know that:

Fenna (FE3/12) can use swords

Lalum/Elphin (FE6) much needed refresh in a rather hard game.

Ninian (FE7) stat boosting rings

Reyson/Leanne/Rafiel (Can refresh multiple units at once)

Olivia (Awakening) uses swords as well and has skills including special dance

Haven't played FE4 fully to know about thay game's dancers but considering the whole minor blood thing and marriage system and since the maps are so freaking long, they also have uses.

Tethys can refresh units...nothing else tho. Also Sacred Stones is a game that is so easy that extra movement is more of an option rather than a necessity unlike FE3 and 6 where things can get nasty without extra movement. I can say I played through FE8 without Tethys and I didn't felt any difference or missed her in tight situations

This topic is supposed to be about comparing the units in FE8 to each other, not to units in other games. The fact that Tethys can't do some of the extra things that the other dancers can do is irrelevant to the discussion at hand. Refreshing a unit is always useful in every game, so even if Tethys has less frills than other dancers in other games, she's still more useful than all of the scrubby units at the bottom of the list. Having any dancer in the bottom half of the tier list is just silly.

Yes Dancers do the same thing sure. But you know that:

Fenna (FE3/12) can use swords

Lalum/Elphin (FE6) much needed refresh in a rather hard game.

Ninian (FE7) stat boosting rings

Reyson/Leanne/Rafiel (Can refresh multiple units at once)

Olivia (Awakening) uses swords as well and has skills including special dance

Haven't played FE4 fully to know about thay game's dancers but considering the whole minor blood thing and marriage system and since the maps are so freaking long, they also have uses.

Tethys can refresh units...nothing else tho. Also Sacred Stones is a game that is so easy that extra movement is more of an option rather than a necessity unlike FE3 and 6 where things can get nasty without extra movement. I can say I played through FE8 without Tethys and I didn't felt any difference or missed her in tight situations

Let's see:

- Feena can barely use Swords in 12. Not even at all in Lunatic honestly barring some minor times with a Lady Sword. Outside of that, many other units can use Lady Sword and she is better off refreshing units.

- Lalum is about in the same boat as Tethys hnonestly. Lalum is pretty frail and needs a lot more help than Tethys to survive things like Bolting and the like. Tethys probably won't face such threatening things often. Elphin costs turns as mentioned before. So does Tethys to a minor extent, but both refresh units.

- Ninian will only use the Rings on rare occasions (in fact from a LTC standpoint I don't know when they are ever used - maybe against the Dragon).

- Olivia using Swords is a stupid idea. There's literally no reason to use them.

Look, Tethys is still very necessary to effectively LTC the game and progress through the game efficiently. Saying "she's less necessary than other dancers in the game" has got to be the dumbest fucking thing I've heard of in years.

And trust me - I heard a lot of stupid shit.

That being said, if this person had a Tethys ranking - please do not count it whatsoever.

Edited by Colonel M

• 4 months later...

Seth +3 Seth can solo Sacred Stones. Great Bases. Good Growths.

Franz +2 Mini Seth.

Tana+1 I think her and Vanessa are almost tied. Vanessa has better availability. Tana has better average stats. But, I like Tana more for better strength.

Lute+1 Don't know if this is aloud, but I think Tana and Lute ARE tied.

Amelia-3 Is only considered good because she is a trainee. Basically Wendy 2.0. Or if you choose cavalier, Franz and Seth will outclass her.

Neimi-2 Bases aren't good. Decent growths but can be strength screwed. Also, pretty squishy. Innes and Gerik are both better than her.

Moulder-1 Probably the worst magic user in Sacred Stones. Natasha, Artur, Lute, Saleh, Knoll, and even Ewan I prefer over him.

Tana+1 I think her and Vanessa are almost tied. Vanessa has better availability.

Which means that Vanessa and Tana aren't tied. As Vanessa is most assuredly better than Tana because of it.

Amelia-3 Is only considered good because she is a trainee.

Um... Trainees aren't really "good".

Moulder-1 Probably the worst magic user in Sacred Stones. Natasha, Artur, Lute, Saleh, Knoll, and even Ewan I prefer over him.

Moulder has the best availability out of the Magic users in Sacred Stones, though. And his join time is during a point where Staves are in high demand.

Also @bolded, you seriously think that the worst magic user in Sacred Stones is a better magic user than Moulder?