SF makes a FE8 Tier List - Round 2 (Post 27)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it also has 13 weight so Lute loses 4 speed if she uses it as a Sage, and 2 speed if she uses it as a mageknight. Her speed is already suspect in the first place too.

Okay then. I just responded because I saw the whole "reduces her speed to thwomp levels" thing as an exaggeration.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Vanessa > Franz > Tethys

I was iffy on the third, but took Tethys because Cormag is easier to replace.

Ewan < Marisa < Knoll

Edited by Gradivus.

Okay then. I just responded because I saw the whole "reduces her speed to thwomp levels" thing as an exaggeration.

20/2 Sage Lute has 16 speed, 12 speed with Excalibur.

20/2 Thwomp Gilliam has 11 speed.

20/2 Sage Lute has 16 speed, 12 speed with Excalibur.

20/2 Thwomp Gilliam has 11 speed.

Well then.... You got me. I checked Lute's averages, but fsr forgot to check Gilliam's... Doh >_<

...That said, she probably doesn't even need it anyway.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

And thus ends round 2.

Vanessa won with 42 points, beating Franz by 11.

Ewan lost with 41 points. Marisa beat him by 13.

Gogogo Round 3

Best: Franz>Cormag>Tethys

Worst: Knoll>Neimi>Marisa

For an efficiency tier list, the format of this is quite inefficient.

You could place a few more units on either end since everyone's said their piece on the best and worst of the units remaining.

Franz > Eir!Saleh > Eph!Cormag for best remaining; Edit: Or just Saleh > Cormag if we're still pretending that ignoring route split is a good idea lol

Marisa < L'Arachel < Rennac for worst remaining

Cormag and Saleh are both better than Tethys. I don't even know if I'd place Tethys above Gerik or Artur or freaking Tana tbh

Edited by Yojinbo

Best;

Franz > Ephraim!Cormag > Artur

Artur is better than Saleh because he's a legit warper on both routes, and he'll probably be a better warper than Saleh even if you give Saleh all three Energy Drops because that's what it takes for him to do something that Artur can't in a reasonable amount of time. Kudos for Saleh for being able to warp in the easiest route in the game but he's a worse staffbot than Artur in general (better at fighting but there's like only a couple of times where that's actually relevant and again, only on ONE route) and Artur actually can do things in the earlygame.

Worst:

Marisa > L'Arachel > Rennac

Duh.

Edited by Refa

Artur is better than Saleh because he's a legit warper on both routes

Not that I necessarily disagree with your argument but this is why I think the route split needs to be taken into consideration for this tier list.

Franz > Tethys > Cormag

Knoll < Marisa < L'Arachel

I agree with factoring in route splits, I'm hesitating to choose units like Cormag and Saleh who are wildly successful in Eir but too late to contribute much in Eph.

Edited by Sniper Knight

I agree with factoring in route splits, I'm hesitating to choose units like Cormag and Saleh who are wildly successful in Eir but too late to contribute much in Eph.

Bold: What...? I thought Cormag was the other way around?

I'm hesitant to work with the route split because the actual gain it brings doesn't seem worth the trouble of separating units. I get how it helps Saleh, Cormag et al but the tedium involved in working with all of the units that are impacted to a lesser extent. Like is Eph!Artur better than Eir!Artur because he doesn't have the competition from Eir!Saleh? Or like do you guys really want to make this thing take longer by having to go through Eph!L'Arachel and Eir!L'Arachel where the difference is barely (if at all) noticeable.

I think it's just easier to assume Eph!Cormag or Eir!Saleh is the only version of the unit in the game. Though I'm open to other suggestions.

Do the route split thing for characters who 1) join after it (characters who join before can have their contributions be evaluated towards both routes because they have the same join time either way) and 2) before the groups meet up again (this probably goes without saying). These characters are...

Tana

Amelia

Innes

Gerik

Tethys

Marisa

L'Arachel

Dozla

Saleh

Ewan

Cormag

Rennac

Duessel

Knoll

And you can safely ignore Amelia, Marisa, L'Arachel, Dozla, Ewan, Rennac, and Knoll whose contributions and availability on both routes are similar enough to not warrant inclusion (yeah, Dozla is better on Ephraim route but it's not significant enough to have another character slot). So that leaves...

Tana

Innes

Gerik

Tethys

Saleh

Cormag

Duessel

So basically everyone who rejoins with Eirika/Ephraim at Chapter 15 and Tana/Gerik/Tethys/Cormag.

EDIT Actually you could probably remove Tana.

Edited by Refa