Favorite Disgaea Challenge?

ruadath

What are some of your favorite Disgaea challenges?

The one I worked on most recently (started at the beginning of this past summer, reminded me of this series called Fire Emblem which I used to play as a kid then I got sucked in over here) was a Laharl solo, no extra battles, no hospital challenge.

It seemed like it would be interesting (it still might be), but I basically realized that the way to do things was to injure enemies to low HP, throw them together, and then kill them in order to powerlevel Laharl early game so he doesn't die immediately to enemy attacks (and you get a good chunk of money for healing items).

Maxing out the EXP from the first boss fight (with Adonis) actually involved a rather intricate strategy (that I will share on this thread if anyone cares to hear about it), but with Laharl at a ridiculous level 26/27 (I don't quite remember) going into Chapter 2, I imagined the rest of the game will be pretty straightforward, and its been on hiatus since then.

So what challenges do you guys like doing for Disgaea? And have any of you guys tried out something similar to what I described above?

Challenges I partake in, usually involve not using the main characters, considering in the 3 games i've played, 1, 2 and 4 they are all really solid.

A challenge my friend likes to do is no humanoids at all.

Lol I can imagine. What happens?

Resetting to buy better equipment, resetting for muscles and similar items, throw chains with classes like Brawler/Rogue and hoping you get Bull's eye on counters and enemies either whiff or do the weakest accuracy attack that decreases damage. It wasn't fun when and in the way I tried it basically.