Leafy's Collection of Things for a Project

BlueLeafeon

I quite like them, but maybe move Doran's eyes down a pixel or two? They look a bit high. Rolt's hair peaking through the bandana near his eyes look a bit too uniformly triangle and too unnaturally equally spaced to me as well.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like them, but maybe move Doran's eyes down a pixel or two? They look a bit high. Rolt's hair peaking through the bandana near his eyes look a bit too uniformly triangle and too unnaturally equally spaced to me as well.

C9EaKdW.png

He looks better now that his eyes have been lowered.

As for Rolt, I find that kind of funny cuz that's how the original sprite was, lol. Nonetheless...

2Mi4toi.png

I dunno why but his eyes bug the heck out of me. Whether it's because it's not making the look I was aiming for, or because there's actually something wrong with 'em, I don't know. I'll probably end up resplicing them or something.

Edited by MagicLeafy

What's the purple haired girl's name?

I like the idea of giving them names :^_^:

Her and Doran are my favorites from your gallery.

Neila~ And then the white Knight's name is Molly.

I have an entire folder of other splices, most of which are ancient and were originally 2-way, give or take some edits. (I am trying to be more adventurous now, lol.)

For example, this is an old sprite of Kendra, which I recently did some edits to:

bjhDdYv.png

She looks like Karla. I have tried on several occasions to splice other parts onto her, in order to make her NOT look like Karla, but the problem is that I like Karla because she's pretty. (And also because she's been using Karla's head/hair for AGES and by now the image is permanently engraved in my mind.) I dunno...maybe if I used different eyes for her, it'd be better, but I need to find something that would work for that first. lol.

...The hair I spliced onto her far side looks improperly shaded. Or is it at the wrong angle?

[spoiler=maps]

Also, I do not know if it's been done before by others in the community, but I spent about an hour today transferring the "sunset" and "night" palettes from FE6/7 to FE8 tilesets. I dunno if anyone would be interested in 'em, but they'll only work in Yeti's FE Map Creator program. (They're not formatted properly for Mappy.)

FE8 Castle, Night:

http://i.imgur.com/EGI0WMT.png

FE8 Fort, Sunset:

http://i.imgur.com/gURQX7e.png

And then FE8's Village tileset, but this time I used a filter to recolor the tiles. The former games' tileset was different from this one and had horrifically screwed up boat tiles.

http://i.imgur.com/IXsJMPB.png

And then I went and made my own custom palette:

S4mh8b9.png

I only really messed with the wall tiles/carpet tiles but I still like how it turned out. It's a bit TOO blue, but eh, this is only a cutscene map, anyway.

Edited by MagicLeafy

I think you're definitely improving at a quick pace. Keep it up!

Thanks~

I updated the first post with a busload of stuff.

And because I feel like I can't post in my own topic without posting a new image of SOME kind:

A pretend title screen. Obviously, nowhere NEAR being capable of being inserted into a GBA rom, and it's not the right size for FEXNA, but like I said, it's pretend. (it also has 17,000+ colors. Yikes!)

k3EUfN8.png

Also, I made his hair brown:

HLnbUkp.png

AND! BONUS MAP!

[spoiler=Welcome to...YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE!]

Chapter goal: Save all villages.

Bandits spawn at every cave tile and various fort tiles. They then proceed to go after the towns. >D

You start near the house/fort at the top of the map.

pOFjX6B.png

Edited by MagicLeafy

vWrPNgK.png

Honestly I can't tell you how good this is because he's so freaking ugly and I can't judge ugly.

Well, it's good at being ugly and the proportions seem correct for a human being so I say you succeeded. I don't have any experience with sprite criticism though, so feel free to take this with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the comment! I agree, he's good at being ugly. XD

MSY7noO.png

His far ear was bugging me, and so was the shading under his...crown? I'm shocked that this wound up with 16 colors even, and I wasn't even trying.

Our resident Swordmaster, Luther. His hair doesn't quite look like it's glowing but eeeeeeh. This is like the fourth time I've sprited the fellow because I wasn't happy with former results.

j1IX02O.png

...Does his body need to be larger still?

I wanted to play around with some FE7 palettes. Unfortunately, that kind of means that I don't have all the tiles I need for certain things...

Chapter 2

jfAHNRA.png

Chapter 5: A bandit chapter.

M4H8AFc.png

The 'Bandit chapter' map, or the bottom one, needs to have an extra vertical stairs tile in the upper right corner to match the height of the back wall.

I like your swordmaster he looks cool! His body looks good on him.

Chapter 2 could use more variety on the lower section of the map, and Chapter 5 looks good although you should remember to add stairs when the walls get broken.

Edited by Rosemary

I found a small error in your Chapter Two. one of the path tiles doesn't transition well into the grass:

https://docs.google.com/a/cps.k12.in.us/drawings/d/1t-2X9dEO84jQfRiJ0gD_mWVrNc93pDykgmD8qdFZsYE/edit?usp=sharing

Other than that, great job with the two maps.

Also lol, I'm using Google Drawings to show where the problem was XD

I like your swordmaster he looks cool! His body looks good on him.

Chapter 2 could use more variety on the lower section of the map, and Chapter 5 looks good although you should remember to add stairs when the walls get broken.

Thanks!

@Chapter 2: Hmm...good point. It does look rather plain. @Chapter 5: I'm assuming you actually mean 6 because 5 has a broken wall, but it's at the same level as everything else. And yes, I will have to remember that, indeed. (Not to mention it's going to be a bit weird for stairs to suddenly appear, but we'll just pretend somebody carved them or something LOL)

I found a small error in your Chapter Two. one of the path tiles doesn't transition well into the grass:

https://docs.google.com/a/cps.k12.in.us/drawings/d/1t-2X9dEO84jQfRiJ0gD_mWVrNc93pDykgmD8qdFZsYE/edit?usp=sharing

Other than that, great job with the two maps.

Also lol, I'm using Google Drawings to show where the problem was XD

I requested permission. Should be an account with pikachu in the name.

I requested permission. Should be an account with pikachu in the name.

Oops, fixed it~

I use the E-Mail my school provides me with for everything on my laptop so the settings made it so anything in my school district with the link could access and not everyone.

Also, I'm one step closer to finding out where you live

Oops, fixed it~

I use the E-Mail my school provides me with for everything on my laptop so the settings made it so anything in my school district with the link could access and not everyone.

Also, I'm one step closer to finding out where you live

What are you talking about? I live in Ylisstol. :P

A2PeYbh.png

Better?

Outdoor maps are a pain because on one hand, I want to shade all the walls like I do indoor maps, but on the other, I do not actually possess a corner tile that helps with transitioning from a vertical wall to a horizonal. ._.

I made another map today, and I realize I have a horrible problem with loving symmetry:

Fphwj0T.png

Edited by BlueLeafeon

What are you talking about? I live in Ylisstol. :P

A2PeYbh.png

Better?

Yeah, it looks great. Can't find anything else wrong with it.

I made another map today, and I realize I have a horrible problem with loving symmetry:

Fphwj0T.png

Also, because I have to:

hqdefault.jpg

The map looks good, but the perfect symmetry may make it a bit boring to play on for some people. I think the symmetry is fine, though.

^ I'm glad you like it so well XD

This is a revisit of an earlier map. As per Rosemary's suggestion, I made some alterations in an attempt to make it a survival chapter. (Because I do love those survival chapters.) The goal is to defend the gate. (The red building.)

siy9tTe.png

Yes, I realize the paths are too straight. No. I do not care. They're straight because the humans made 'em straight by pouring salt on the ground in le olde Roman fashion. I would have used the actual cobblestone paths, but honestly, the contrast on this tileset is so bad I can barely tell what tiles are what when it comes to the cobblestone paths and light grass patches. I was making myself blind because of it.

Also, I could not find the horizontal path tile. If anyone can point out where it is in the tileset, I will be thankful.

Edited by BlueLeafeon

I love this new map though it's like the bigger and better version of the map you had in page 1.

Good, because that's what it is. XD

Some non-project-related work:

KD81JEn.png

And a fix to an old stat sheet because THE CALCULATOR PAGE SAID SKILL NOT LUCK FOR CRIT.

h5GB9ey.png

^ Thanks! :D

And now for some maps. A remake of the two castle maps I made when I first came back to the community. I'm not sure, but I think I am going to HATE myself for this when I actually play the game...

[spoiler=Final Chapter, Part 1]

Mvtq6i9.png

This chapter will have two bosses. Every room aside from the main hallways and the room with the thrones will have bow and magic users to attack you with. (Probably a ton of longbows and long-ranged spells) Reinforcements will come from the top and sides of the map, where a staircase/hallways lead off screen. Your units will start with half on one bottom staircase, and half on the other.

[spoiler=FInal Chapter, Part 2]

jYLC4mi.png

The trick to this chapter will be that the door to the throne room cannot actually be opened by a key--you must find the triggers to unlock the door. Like with the previous part, bow/magic users galore in the closed-off rooms.

Finally got around to remaking Kendra and making some edits to much older sprites:

Fremont, a Paladin:

h441RHN.png

Luther, a lategame Swordmaster:

g5HSk3E.png

Mather, a General:

qw0EqJQ.png

New Kendra:

4SvCs27.png

Not fond of this one, but eh, here it is anyway because I'm pretty sure I haven't posted it yet. This is Ryan's mother, Tiffany:

UZr5y6l.png

And... This started because I wanted to make the stained glass more golden (because Triannos' theme colors are gold) and...wound up as this. Because stained glass tiles and floor tiles share the same palette. Yay.

[spoiler=Map Palette Change]

The green in the Triannos castle maps was REALLY bugging me, SOOOOO...

UnHWxHB.png

Edited by BlueLeafeon

No comments on the portraits, I guess.

I am growing increasingly discouraged with this because of how horrifically choppy it is. I realize it's more the fault of Lyn's Blade Lord sprite than my own editing skills, but I do not actually possess the knowledge of how to smooth the animation out. I also cannot produce good blur frames.

bReRLy7.png

5mHGjCM.gif

Obviously, not done yet, but I want to make this part of the animation more presentable before I move on. Any suggestions?

Edited by BlueLeafeon