FE6 randomized draft

Gradivus.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warp kind of seems like a bad idea, since some people might not have good healers? That being said, I'd say yes to warp since I do.

Hmmm... but wouldn't that argument be similar to potentially having a crappy Marcus/Roy or not having a refresher? It's not very likely to lack or have very few staff users that can reach A stf, especially with the probably slower than average pace of the early and midgame clears in this type of draft (there are many unpromoted units during the earlygame, and there are two classes with staves when unpromted, so chances are there will be some staffers). We'll have to test it before coming to a conclusion, anyway.

Edited by Gradivus.

If someone gets like Bishop Percival or something they'll just probably destroy everyone. Obviously it's not bad if you get like, Priest Geese or something, but it still creates a potential imbalance

which I don't think is really a problem for this draft

my Marcus kills him in one shot, I might have a chance!

probably mono sword user vs thwomp / flying thwomp!Damas?

Edited by Gradivus.

btw, since it appears to be a consistent bug with the randomiser, I assume we're banning dropping units onto tiles they can't normally stand on? ie, you may not rescue drop anybody onto a cliff or wall.

Missed that in the rules.

Also, can an undrafted unit get any of the earlygame villages? I figure out a way to 5 turn C1 with Marcus, Roy and +1 random unit but I'd have to forfeit the village :(

Edited by Irysa

The C1 village is only 5000G anyway, you'll have the starting money to buy weapons anyway and it mostly just serves the longterm cash.

Some of the more important villages can be picked up by Merlinus easily (C4's door key, C2's armorslayer) and for the rest you may or may not need drafted units, although for some I'm certain Merlinus can get them alone.

Edited by Gradivus.

The randomizer actually makes soldiers promotable via Knight's Crest.

Soldiers can actually promote if you randomize classes. I added logic to allow Soldiers to promote with the use of a Knight's Crest. In FE6 and FE7, they promote to General, while in FE8, they get the choice of General or Paladin.

Roy Lords can also use knight crests to promote.

The changed promotions are fair game.

The promo gain from soldier to General is hilariously big, like, +13 Def, +5 Str and +9 con.

Edited by Gradivus.

46790910b1.pngt

holy crap just looked at my marcus... thisll be fun

also any possibility of playing on hard mode? i feel like the units we pick would be equal to

or most likely better than the ones in the actual game

I feel we should stay within the rules and play NM, but I don't have any issues with you trying your team out on HM. That Marcus is crazy though, lol.

wrt general unit quality I disagree (or don't quite agree), it can happen that most of your units are staffers and thwomps or some team composition with mediocre offense, in which case HM would be a pain in the ass. Marcus and Roy can be gods, but they vary a lot and can also get very inconvenient debuffs and/or classes. The units that do get buffed on important stats and roll a good/decent class will likely end up being better than in vanilla FE6 though.

HM random draft might be worth trying eventually, but NM is better suited for testing since you're more likely to have adqeuate units. Plus, I think HM would need a bunch of extra rules for earlygame to be doable consistently.

Edited by Gradivus.

Noooooo I needed Alan, he was my Troubador. This is so uncool.

Cavalier Dieck.

Also don't get your hopes up about that Marcus, I bet his Dragonstone will run out in a few Chapters then he'll be useless.

Edited by Irysa