Odin reclass

Luninareph

Has anybody done Adventurer!Odin yet? How did it turn out? It seems like it would work really well: +15% MAG, +20% SPD, +20% RES, and he'd be able to use the Mighty Bow/Shining Bow combo (you'd almost certainly need to use at least one Arms Scroll on him, but might be worth). He loses 3 base MAG compared to Sorcerer, but gains 4 base SPD, and his SPD seems like it's the bigger problem anyway. He can start working on the class basically immediately in Nohr--Zero joins on the same map and Nyx joins the map after, and they both give him Outlaw; plus Nyx is a good mom for Ophelia--so grind the support while leveling in Dark Mage (+10% STR, +20% MAG) to level 10, then Buddy/Marriage Seal into Outlaw, promote to Adventurer, Arms Scroll, and poof, possibly an Odin that doesn't suck?

A Zero with much lower Spd and Res.

A Zero who cannot easily double enemies or tank magics.

A Zero with higher HP, MAG, SKL, LUC, and DEF. And also Samurai skills.

I should think an extra +4 base SPD and +10% SPD growth would help out with the doubling problem, which is kind of part of the point.

Anyway, I'm less interested in how Adventurer!Odin compares to Zero and more in how Adventurer!Odin compares to Sorcerer!Odin and Trueblade!Odin.

I heard he is better as a Dark Flier/Dread Fighter class.

Since you have limited items to change people into Dark Falcon/ Dread Fighter, having other options might be wise in case you want to use those items on other people.

Adventurer Odin

Caps:

HP - 50

Str - 27

Mag - 32

Skl - 28

Spd - 33

Lck - 28

Def - 25

Res - 33

Growths:

HP - 55%

Str - 40%

Mag - 45%

Skl - 60%

Spd - 55%

Lck - 60%

Def - 40%

Res - 40%

I personally feel like he's better off as a Sorcerer, although Adventurer Odin isn't too bad a choice for him. If you could get bowfaire on him from somewhere, then I imagine he'd be quite useful. E rank bows isn't too much of a problem in Nohr, as there is usually quite a few fliers in each chapter and bronze bows have a base MT of 6, so you can usually train your bow units with ease. I totally never thought of reclassing him to outlaw/adventurer, I'm so doing that on my next Nohr run.

I personally feel like he's better off as a Sorcerer, although Adventurer Odin isn't too bad a choice for him. If you could get bowfaire on him from somewhere, then I imagine he'd be quite useful. E rank bows isn't too much of a problem in Nohr, as there is usually quite a few fliers in each chapter and bronze bows have a base MT of 6, so you can usually train your bow units with ease.

Totally possible to get him Bowfaire: Buddy Zero and marry Mozume. Voila, Outlaw from Zero and Bowman from Mozume! Mozume's even a decent choice for Ophelia's mother: she has no MAG cap penalty, she cancels out Odin's negative SPD cap, and she passes down Aptitude to make up for lower inherited MAG growth. Of course taking Bowman as your secondary and marrying him as Kamui works as well.

I totally never thought of reclassing him to outlaw/adventurer, I'm so doing that on my next Nohr run.

I know, right?! I'd never even considered it before. I was looking at his reclass options and I went, "Well, he can Buddy Zero for Outlaw, but pfff, why would he want to do that, Odin doesn't need +20%... SPD... growth.... Wait a second, what...?!"

he'd be able to use the Mighty Bow/Shining Bow combo.

I doesn't matter because Eponine can join with a juicy C rank bows and promote to an adventurer with capped resistance generally. Plus she joins on the chapter where you get the shining bow anyway. It can depend on her mom, but my Camilla!Epon was pretty insane, and she's physical based.

I doesn't matter because Eponine can join with a juicy C rank bows and promote to an adventurer with capped resistance generally. Plus she joins on the chapter where you get the shining bow anyway. It can depend on her mom, but my Camilla!Epon was pretty insane, and she's physical based.

Being able to use the combo is still relevant. Not everybody wants to get the kids, not everybody wants to use Eponine, and anybody doing M!Kamui + Zero can't get her at all. Just like how a player might have other people to use the Dark Falcon Wing on and may therefore need a different plan for Odin, a player may want to know all their options for the bow combo, especially because it's not something you can toss to just anybody. Nyx, for example, can't use the Mighty Bow worth a damn.

Anyway, I'm less interested in how Adventurer!Odin compares to Eponine and more in how Adventurer!Odin compares to Sorcerer!Odin and Trueblade!Odin.

It is impossible to compare Adventurer and Sorcerer/Trueblade because they have different uses.

If you want a staff user or a flier killer, of cause Adventurer is 10000000000% better than the other two, because they both cannot use staves or bows.

So what? The reason why Odin sucks is not swords/tomes. At least Odin has high chance to crit at times in these classes.

The Mighty Bow/Shining Bow combo is just a second idea to make Adventurer's offense not so bad. By no means Zero is a good attacker because of it.

I don't understand why you mention the combo again and again as if you are showing 0 interests in the damage it actually deals.

I was under the impression the reason Odin was considered bad in Nohr was SPD (in Revelation it's bases, which is of course a different story). You even said "A Zero with much lower SPD and RES." Adventurer helps him grow both stats better than Sorcerer or Trueblade.

I was under the impression the bow combo did solid, reliable damage that could alternate between targeting enemy DEF and RES, and was thus valuable because of it. As Odin has hybrid offensive stats and growths--offensive growths that are better than Zero's--it suits him well.

Why do you say "At least Odin has high chance to crit at times in these classes" as if he can't crit in other classes? The innate crit bonus, I suppose? I should think his high SKL and LUC would give him a pretty good chance to crit in just about any class.

My goal is to discern ways that individual characters can hit peak performance. To speak purely hypothetically, all of these following rankings completely imaginary: the bow combo might make Eponine an A-rank character and Odin only a B-rank one. However, if Trueblade!Odin is, say, a C-rank character in comparison, then knowing that Odin can do better as an Adventurer than he does as a Trueblade is relevant. I would want to know that. Or, also hypothetically, what if Sorcerer, Trueblade, and Adventurer all make Odin a B-rank character, but Dark Knight Odin is a bad idea and is only a C-rank choice? That would be worth knowing as well.

To put it another way, if this discussion was about Hana and I was inquiring about how well Hana performs as a Trueblade, the answer "she's outclassed by Ryoma" isn't useful to what I want to know. Trueblade!Hana and Exorcist!Hana will both likely be outperformed by Ryoma; it's whether Trueblade!Hana is likely to outperform Exorcist!Hana on its own merits that I would want to know.

Does that make sense?

Odin is bad because his Str&Mag. He can't hit hard without critical which is not reliable. But at least he will have many critical attacks.

Odin can't crit with Shining Bow, of course. I don't understand why you are mentioning he Skl and Lck.

Adventurers deal much less damage with either Might Bow/Shinning Bow than many units' one-shots: it is just not so bad.

Even for Adventurers themselves, it will better to use Arms Scroll on other units for Brave Weapons or whatever. In this case, Adventurers can either have those powerful units as supporters in Attack Stance, or give them 4+ Spd so them can double enemies.

Will you say Sorcerer is a good class for unit who have 0 Mag growth? With the class growth, the Mag is still far from usable.

The same for Odin's Res.

Zero is not Ryoma. It is obvious that Zero<<<Ryoma.

Zero is already not so good, and now we have "a Zero who cannot easily double enemies or tank magics".

So how can my answer be something like "Hana is outclassed by Ryoma"? It is almost "Lv12 Exorcist!Hana is outclassed by Lv5 Exorcist!Orochi".

I said Adventurer!Odin is "a Zero who cannot easily double enemies" because that is what Zero can do.

Doubling is not easy for most units, but still doable with skills, pair-up bonus or whatever. But only units who have powerful one-shots are worth for that.

If Odin has amazing Mag, it will not be hard to make him a powerful unit even with his Sorcerer Spd. We have already successfully done something similar on Xander.

I am not saying Adventurer!Odin can double anything.

20/20 Adventurer!Odin has no problem to double the Sorcerer in Nohr 27. With Mighty Bow the damage will be about 6*4=24, while the Sorcerer has 50 HP.

Some units can ORKO the Sorcerer without critical. Some units requires just slight Spd/Str bonus to do so.

Edited by Tooru

Ah, okay, I think I understand what your argument is now. Am I correct that what you are saying is not, "Adventurer!Odin is bad," but that "Adventurers in general can't do combat"?

If the only thing you want a Adventurer to do is combat, Adventurer!Zero is even worse than Sorcerer!Odin or Trueblade!Odin unless he is shooting fliers.

But you are less interested in "Adventurer!Odin < Adventurer!Zero".

To be good units, Adventurers should do something else.

If you want a staff user or a flier killer, of cause Adventurer is 10000000000% better than the other two, because they both cannot use staves or bows.

Edited by Tooru

If the only thing you want a Adventurer to do is combat, Adventurer!Zero is even worse than Sorcerer!Odin or Trueblade!Odin unless he is shooting fliers.

But you are less interested in "Adventurer!Odin < Adventurer!Zero".

To be good units, Adventurers should do something else.

Yes, I did intend on using the staff-wielding, anti-flying class to use staffs and shoot fliers. I figured that was obvious enough that I didn't need to say it in the original post.

Yes, I did intend on using the staff-wielding, anti-flying class to use staffs and shoot fliers. I figured that was obvious enough that I didn't need to say it in the original post.

Then you should say nothing rather than post Mighty Bow/Shining Bow again and again.

Then you should say nothing rather than post Mighty Bow/Shining Bow again and again.

Tempting, but I like the sound of my own voice too much.

If your going to go to the trouble to use him, why not reclass over to trueblade/weapon master? Thats at least somewht unique for Nohr. Why bother with adventurer when Zero does that better anyways?

There are a few reasons to consider the option.

1) In comparison to Zero, Odin will have equal STR and better MAG. Zero will have more SPD, but if both are Adventurers we're talking 2-4 points more SPD, not the staggering 8-SPD difference between Dark Mage!Odin and Outlaw!Zero. Odin also has waaay more SKL and LUC. So any enemy both would double, Odin will do equal or more damage with a better chance to crit.

2) More MAG means Odin will use staffs better than Zero as well.

3) Odin's offensive growths are shaky. Trueblade has +10% STR growth and +5% MAG growth. Adventurer has +5% STR and +15% MAG. Ergo he has a slightly better chance of gaining offensive stats in Adventurer.

4) Seeing as Odin's offensive stats are shaky, bonus damage versus fliers via bows gives him a boost he won't get by using swords. Also, bows have higher MT than comparative swords (i.e. Bronze Sword = 4 MT while Bronze Bow = 6 MT).

5) If Odin's offense turns out poorly in Trueblade, he's screwed. If his offense turns out poorly in Adventurer, he can still staffbot. And if you want to use Jakob or Elise as offensive units, you may need more staff-users to take their place, which Odin can fill.

6) Odin has bad SPD and RES. Both Trueblade and Adventurer have +20% SPD, but Adventurer has +20% RES and Trueblade only has +10%.

7) Trueblade's Pair Up bonuses are +5 SPD and +3 LUC. Adventurer's are +4 SPD, +2 RES, and +1 MOV. You may prefer the MOV depending on what you're doing with Odin and/or his spouse.

Odin heals 0~1 more HP than Zero. 0~1 more, what a better healer.

Enemies will deal a lot damage, or even OHKO Adventurer!Odin in Attack Stance.

Since Odin will never use his Res, Adventurer wastes +20% growth and Trueblade only wastes +10%.

Has anybody done Adventurer!Odin yet? How did it turn out? It seems like it would work really well: +15% MAG, +20% SPD, +20% RES, and he'd be able to use the Mighty Bow/Shining Bow combo (you'd almost certainly need to use at least one Arms Scroll on him, but might be worth). He loses 3 base MAG compared to Sorcerer, but gains 4 base SPD, and his SPD seems like it's the bigger problem anyway. He can start working on the class basically immediately in Nohr--Zero joins on the same map and Nyx joins the map after, and they both give him Outlaw; plus Nyx is a good mom for Ophelia--so grind the support while leveling in Dark Mage (+10% STR, +20% MAG) to level 10, then Buddy/Marriage Seal into Outlaw, promote to Adventurer, Arms Scroll, and poof, possibly an Odin that doesn't suck?

It's not the worst idea, having Odin as an Adventurer which takes advantage of his hybrid stats while fixing his massive Speed problem not to mention the Shining Bow being much stronger than most tomes and Bows being strong, period, but being at Ch. 26 Nohr and having only two units married, I'd say the viability of even getting Odin into the Adventurer class is a bit of a problem. >.> Admittedly, I didn't plan for supports until Ch. 10 (Really late edit: Ch. 20! ​How did that get through!? D:), but the prospect of getting him into Outlaw by Lv. 10 or even Lv. 15 so he can start fixing his Speed problem while working on his Bow rank seems...difficult in that light.

If you want an Odin that doesn't suck, I'd say he's better off as a Samurai -> Trueblade. If you've got 2500G to spare early on, you can make him reclass the very second he joins and work on his Speed + Sword rank, quickly picking up Flowing Strike and Vantage along the way while putting the Dark Mage's Bind to good use. As a Trueblade, Swordfaire will mostly offset the Magic loss from not going Adventurer. Won't really miss staff use as you have enough healers as-is. You'll also get to take greater advantage of his high Skill and Luck.

If you're really bent on using him as an Adventurer, you can try Samurai -> Adventurer, but that's a lot of re-classing and screws with weapon ranks.

Just...whatever you do, if you intend to use him, keep him out of Dark Mage. I speak from experience with a Lv. 15 Sorcerer Odin. >.>

Edited by Technoweirdo

It's not the worst idea, having Odin as an Adventurer which takes advantage of his hybrid stats while fixing his massive Speed problem not to mention the Shining Bow being much stronger than most tomes and Bows being strong, period, but being at Ch. 26 Nohr and having only two units married, I'd say the viability of even getting Odin into the Adventurer class is a bit of a problem. >.> Admittedly, I didn't plan for supports until Ch. 10, but the prospect of getting him into Outlaw by Lv. 10 or even Lv. 15 so he can start fixing his Speed problem while working on his Bow rank seems...difficult in that light.

If you want an Odin that doesn't suck, I'd say he's better off as a Samurai -> Trueblade. If you've got 2500G to spare early on, you can make him reclass the very second he joins and work on his Speed + Sword rank, quickly picking up Flowing Strike and Vantage along the way while putting the Dark Mage's Bind to good use. As a Trueblade, Swordfaire will mostly offset the Magic loss from not going Adventurer. Won't really miss staff use as you have enough healers as-is. You'll also get to take greater advantage of his high Skill and Luck.

If you're really bent on using him as an Adventurer, you can try Samurai -> Adventurer, but that's a lot of re-classing and screws with weapon ranks.

Just...whatever you do, if you intend to use him, keep him out of Dark Mage. I speak from experience with a Lv. 15 Sorcerer Odin. >.>

Hmm... that's entirely possible. I thought if you started working on Odin x Zero support right away, you'd be able to reclass quite quickly--I believe it's even a "fast" support?--but in the non-grinding Nohr, it might still take more time than I'm expecting.

Hmm... that's entirely possible. I thought if you started working on Odin x Zero support right away, you'd be able to reclass quite quickly--I believe it's even a "fast" support?--but in the non-grinding Nohr, it might still take more time than I'm expecting.

If I could grind, I could test it out. Sadly, I can't. ._. Can only go off my Awakening experience where all ranks past C took two battles no matter how many hearts were gathered in a single one, leading me to believe there's a cap per battle. If the same applies to Fates, you're looking at 5 battles to A+ Zero, 7 to S Nyx. With Mozume's Paralogue and the first special My Castle battle, that means it -might- be doable by the start of Ch. 11 for Zero or 14 for Nyx. Whether it's sanely possible without levelling Odin too much to the point that you may as well stay in Dark Mage / Samurai is another question, buuut insanity's the norm in Nohr so what's a little extra challenge?