Odin reclass

Luninareph

I'm curious: what specifically was the problem with your Sorcerer!Odin?

Besides the fact that he's awful? The fact that he's awful. >:[

Lv 14 (Thought he was 15 earlier, my bad)

37 HP

18 Str

22 Mag (which is lower than the 24 Str he'd have if he re-classed to Trueblade right now :\)

22 Skl

17 Spd​​ (Oh dear God...)

27 Lck (Yay, low Sorceror cap! >.>)

19 Def

18 Res

Perhaps I've been screwed by RNG, but dear lord, it's just horrible. >.> He just doesn't have the offensive power of Strategist!Elise (31 Spd + 36 Mag <3) or utility of Azura to justify his inability to take a single enemy that isn't low on health for fear of a guaranteed lethal 2x counter-attack from just about everything. Heck, Elise can actually survive a hit just by downing a tonic or two for those instances where she needs to get every attack in on player phase or in those instances you just need her to take one for the team.

Basically, I should've made him quit his day job. As a Sorcerer, he does nothing any of my other units can't do better.

Edited by Technoweirdo

Dat 17 SPD, yeesh D:

Thanks for that, that was useful to see. Tangentially, it sounds like you use Elise offensively a lot; has her SKL/accuracy ever been a problem?

Never been a problem. lol Her high Luck offsets offsets her somewhat low Skill and she's pretty comfortable with the weaker but more accurate tomes all thanks to her Mag. If you really need someone dead, a drop in accuracy is well worth the trade-off for 4 shots at an enemy.

Even before factoring support bonuses and support attacks, a lot just works in her favor. :3

I would be curious to see how a Trueblade!Odin actually turns out, if you reclass him the moment you recruit him. We've all theory-crafted how he could turn out, but anyone that I've seen who actually has the game, has kept him as a Dark Mage/Sorcerer.

Edited by Orion5487

I would be curious to see how a Trueblade!Odin actually turns out, if you reclass him the moment you recruit him. We've all theory-crafted how he could turn out, but anyone that I've seen who actually has the game, has kept him as a Dark Mage/Sorcerer.

Well, he starts out at lv 5, so you can't reclass right away. Although it probably only takes a short while to gain 5 levels. However, idk when you get your first parallel seal so as to reclass him.

Edit: Looking now, I guess parallel seals don't require you to be lv 10 like in awakening. Still need to get one though.

Regarding luninareph, the "advantages" you gave to adventurer!odin were pretty pitiful. So he has slightly better magic, that still hardly justifies going through the trouble to make him an adventurer. You get plenty of staff wielders throughout the game (Elise, Felicia, Jacob, Asyura, Izana). I doubt you need one more. But feel free to try it if you want, but don't expect most others to bother. As it is, most people that use him will likely use him within one of his 2 base lines, assuming they bother to use him at all. I want him on the samurai line because of the nostalgia for sword hand. I can't get that satisfaction from adventurer.

Edited by andodel

Regarding luninareph, the "advantages" you gave to adventurer!odin were pretty pitiful. So he has slightly better magic, that still hardly justifies going through the trouble to make him an adventurer. You get plenty of staff wielders throughout the game (Elise, Felicia, Jacob, Asyura, Izana). I doubt you need one more. But feel free to try it if you want, but don't expect most others to bother. As it is, most people that use him will likely use him within one of his 2 base lines, assuming they bother to use him at all. I want him on the samurai line because of the nostalgia for sword hand. I can't get that satisfaction from adventurer.

Then don't do it. I'm not trying to force people to do anything they don't want to do. I'm simply exploring options.