Swift's Sprites

Swift_Assassin

The comment I am referring too said this. ...shirtless Alice when? So that led one thing to another....

NudeAliceHairDown_zpstecpogle.pngNudeAliceHairUp_zpsr3jzatr2.png

So. Yeah. I did it. But someone was left out. Shad and Alice both had topless mugs. Lennox had a topless mug. So his future wife(in rp) should get one too, I thought.

HairbandNudeIllya_zps5erzs6ty.png

And here she is. Fremy, aka Illya in the rp I'm in. But that prompted the next chunk of Fremy coming our way. Her head is still partially covered...which meant one thing. Uncover it.

NormalNudeIllya_zps2kxf5eq0.pngBlindeyeNudeIllya_zpsweiohqgp.pngDemonEyeNudeIllya_zpsm1dycnuy.png

IllyaCloakNormalEyes3NohairBand_zpsxbzdzIllyaCloakBlindEye3nohairband_zpsrdpz9fkIllyaCloakDemonEyes3NohairBand_zpsuvioyx

IllyaNormalEyes4NoHairBand_zpsydzcnxnf.pIllyaBlindEye4NoHairBand_zps55q9jedg.pngIllyaDemonEyes4NoHairBand_zpsydbxoeba.pn

IllyaNormalEyes3NoHairBand_zpsz7q43yaz.pIllyaBlindEye3NoHairBand_zpsprbakdrl.pngIllyaDemonEyes3NoHairBand_zpsaoi0ijnx.pn

IllyaSacaeNormalEyes3NoHairBand_zps5a0urIllyaSacaeBlindEye3NoHairBand_zpswrpcl2jIllyaSacaeDemonEye3NoHairBand_zps6w9ngod

FullBodyIllya3NohairBand_zps8ng6xhui.pngFullBodyIllyaNoCloakNoHairBand_zpscqhznc

So, in normal tradition with Fremy and her variants. Regular eye, blind eye/scar(from rp), and demon eye(anime/LN version) versions. In the anime/LN, her headband conceals the scar from a broken off horn. Her horn. So, that's what that red mark on her forehead is in the demon eye versions.

So, then I was lead to go to a place I didn't think I'd go. But as I just binged watched 31 episodes of Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya, with all it's fanservice scenes of Illya...I kinda felt compelled to make it.

MariaNoTop_zpsnohc6udf.pngMariaNoTopIllyaBang_zpsnvy5cqwf.pngIllyaNoTop_zps45aor0sn.png

I'm a monster. So to make up for it...

MariaAgain_zpso8ntntal.png

I updated her old mug with the new hair! Not enough? okay...

MariaIllyaClothes_zps3xakzac9.pngMariaWanderer_zpskxskyytu.pngIllyaClothes_zpsjqkuula7.png

I made her a full body sprite. Two different ones at that. The first one is Illya's attire from F/SN. I admit that I sorta traced some parts of it, but that was mostly just the line work. Shading I still did myself. Next is a full body of her cloaked outfit. Her outfit, and the whole impetus for that mug in the first place, was based on Emily from Fairy Fencer F. I used the Illya sprite for some aspects, but I did the new stuff by eye. And the last one is just an Illya bang/color scheme version of the first one.

Oh. Right. I had this too.

HeightComparison_zpsdvqthsi7.png

Just a height comparison. Not new stuff, just comparing how tall they each all. Maria is 4'3", Fremy is 5'0", and Shad is 5'5".

That's all for now.

Edited by Swift_Assassin

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

l-l-lewd

The skirt girls has nearly no hips! Your anatomy is a little wonky sometimes, especially in the guy's legs and his shirtless. Some of your shading looks like shading just to say you have shading, like the sleeves on the full bodies and the guy's hair. There's random bits of shading that don't look like they should be there. Your white hair colors are pretty weird, the little girl's and the guy's doesn't really get dark, and the other girls goes dark pretty quick and uses a lot of the third shade, which makes her hair look very outliney. The taller girl's eyes are pretty hard to make out, you might be able to fix this by darkening her irises or by making her corneas true white, and her pupils could stand to be darker as well. In the full body of the little girl without the skirt, her left forearm appears to have a kink in it where he bracelet is, and when her forearm approaches her elbow it curves inward instead of outward(look at your own arms, i'm not sure if that explanation makes sense) You're very prolific, keep it up!

Lets see. Skirt girl is ten. I don't know many ten-year olds with pronounced hips. I'd say I don't know any ten-year olds, but I'm not sure how old my cousin is now. I know the shirtless version of Shad needs work. I tried to reference one of Merc's mugs for torsos, only to find the only mug he had of a shirtless man was an emaciated looking Karel, so I couldn't get much use out of that. As for the shading...yeah. I can see that. The references I used wore similar attire, so I tried to emulate some of the folds in their clothes in the shading. I think I used Athos beard for the colors for Fremy, but it does look a little dark. I'm including a mug with some fixes in this post. One of the things with Illya's eyes is, due to the face she has white eyelashes, I kinda incorporated them...and somehow got rid of the pupil on the left eye. The only time I meant for that to happen was the demon eye versions of the right eye, as in the anime/light novel it doesn't have an pupil. The problem with Maria's left arm stems from two things. Both related to the reference for the full body. http://fairy-fencer-f.wikia.com/wiki/File:Emily.pngThis is the reference for the full body. I'd post the picture but it refuses to let me make this post. The problem with the bracelet stems from her hand, when the original sized mug was made, not matching the angle the arm was intended to be at. I'd probably be able to fix that problem easier if I just make a new hand to fit the angle. The other issue was trying to replicate the arm kept, unsuccessfully, making it seem really sharp. I could probably try it again now that I've had a full two days away from making anything, so I think I may try to work on that next.

Anyway, here's an update with some fixes.

IllyaNormalEyes4NoHairBandnew_zpskvvn6tf

New white hair, using the same shade as the Archer hair. New eyes, still with white eyelashes. That's all for now.

Edited by Swift_Assassin

MariaWanderer4_zps1flz9u4h.pngMariaWanderer5_zpsek22s1zn.png

Some more work done on it, plus alt pose. I realized that the hand I added on this version of Maria was actually much lower than the hand in the F/SN attire, so I moved that arm up a bit and lowered the cuff on that side. Also lessened the shading. Added an alt pose with other arm...but I think that kinda messes up the arm a bit. Perhaps the arm over chest has her arm out more and the cuff is raised past her elbow, and the other with the arm at rest is has cuff at just over the elbow. I don't know. I wanted an alt pose, but I think that might have retroactively ruined the first one. ugh.

MariaWanderer6_zpsrtpxnyw4.png

Okay, went back over the arm to readjust her forearm. Moved the arm up a bit and made the cuff hang a bit lower. Now it doesn't seem like it should hang lower than it actually does when her arms are at her side.

ShadFullbody7NewShoes_zpsjus8h7yr.pngShadFullbodshirtlessy7_zpskehmeqy2.png

His right arm still has some issues, but I've done some work with it. Slimmed the legs, changed the angles of his boots, completely redid his arm. Apparently leave a string of pixels hovering between his torso and left arm redid the torso. It still has issues, but I think it looks a lot better than before.

EDIT: Fixed two small issues really quickly.

Edited by Swift_Assassin

ShadFullbodshirtlessy7_zpsxyez1qsn.png
So here I did some more work on his right arm. And since I can't leave well enough alone.
ShadArcheroutfit_zpssvhroz1c.pngArchersorta_zpsr4ntfnur.png
Pants and Boots are in no way accurate, but here is Shad dressed as Archer and reskined as Archer. That's all for now.

Kirikaupdate_zpsqxw4bg76.png
Redid my Luna casual clothes sprite a bit, as I realized the shirt she wears is so inconsistently depicted, I switched it to match her outfit as I saw it in the episode I chose for reference. FYI Luna is based on Akatsuki Kirika from Symphogear.
LunaFullBody_zps0bd4poam.pngKirikaFullBody_zpshtwpb7ci.png
I also made her a full body portrait. Actually, Luna and Kirika fullbody portraits. Pose is based on her reference sheet pose. I also had to actually look up a ruffled skirt since I couldn't find a good picture of her in it. So now the only person with more than a dozen mugs made that doesn't have a full body portrait is Alice. First version is the Luna variant, using purple, the second version is Akatsuki Kirika version with blond hair and actual black outfit. Could use some refinement, but I'm happy with it.
LunaFullBody_zps0bd4poam.pngShadFullbody7NewShoes_zpsjus8h7yr.png
She's a bit shorter than her father, but she's fifteen right here, same age as her mother is now. She's not exactly going to dwarf Shad, but she'll still grow a few inches. She's also the same height as Illya right now.

I think that's all for now...but you never know with me.

• 3 months later...

So, been a while. Let's see if I can remember what stuff I've made since my last post.
Igalima_zps15sjzabx.pngArmedLunaadjust_zpst8bziayj.png
LunaFullBodySeason2_zpsnlrha571.pngKirikaFullBodySeason2_zpshlrklq6x.pngKirikaFullBody_zps5bjm4pey.png
So, updated colors for the original full bodies of Luna/Kirika, did a version with her scythe, and did an additional outfit based on Kirika's season three outfit.
TomboyCarla_zps4iuvbk8d.pngSacaenCarlaupdateshorthair_zpsjjafcskj.p
I had a thought that Carla, being the tomboy she is, would have had her hair cut really short at some point, so here she is.
YoungIllya_zpsctlewlfs.pngIllyaSacaeNormalEyes3NoHairBandneweyes_z
And this here is a young version of Illya next to an older version of her.
ankawip_zpstly54hm8.png
This was a request I did for Lightascetic on FEP of their character from the rp there.
JackTheRipper_zpshwhbmdo3.png
A mug based on the Assassin of Black, Jack the Ripper, from Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Grand Order, based on her Grand Order design.
AliceAlterBase_zpsykn8vkpm.pngAliceAlter_zpsnan94jkp.pngAliceAlterMask_zpswzwhc4tv.png
As I've been on a Fate series kick for most of the year I even cosplayed as Shirou at NYCC I made a couple versions of Alice akin to Saber Alter.

That's all for the moment. I have another post planned that is about 70% Maria, 20% Shad, and 10% their parents. Maybe less on the parents one, but it's going to be a bigger looking post because...I did quite a few more full body mugs since July.

When I actually got back into anime last year, Symphogear was one of the things I saw on crunchyroll. I added to my queue, didn't watch it for a while, then decided to just watch. Within the past year I've binged watched it twice, and I've actually downloaded the three seasons of it to watch when I got on vacation next week(as I won't have internet).

Thanks, I've been doing quite a bit of them lately. I think it's because otherwise I'd be making more npcs for the rp I'm in on FEP, and I've already made so many as it is.

I referenced an actual skirt as apposed to the skirt she wears, so I ended up replicating the shading a tad hard.

So, this next batch is mostly related to Maria, like I said before.

NewMaria_zpsduqqxec4.png

This was me trying a new older version of her based on Medea(Lily) from Fate/Grand Order.

CasterMaria_zpsthdn5nkd.pngMariaAssassin_zpsaamoo3wd.pngSapphireMaria_zps7ffhlc1j.pngPrismaMaria2_zpsfczwwwsh.pngZweiMaria_zpsed8osgm3.pngMariaKuro_zpsxi2kq0i1.pngMariaSchooloutfit_zpsswr0krvh.png

These are based on Fate/Kaleid Liner, like several other of the Maria mugs. In order, Caster Install, Assassin Install, Prisma Sapphire, an update to my Prisma Ruby version I did before, Zwei Form, Kuro/Chloe outfit, and school outfit. I originally made these based on outfits that Illya(and Chloe), fought in. Fate/Grand Order added both of them to the game, so I ended up having to make the school outfit as that was her base form outfit.

AnotherMariaIllyathing_zpskszyhzvf.pngAnotherMariaIllyathingblood_zpsyziiv2nu.

So, this is Maria in a night gown, with the second version based on a different Illya related thing, that being her flashback with Berserker when she's dying in UBW.

CasterIllya_zpsywy9n733.pngIllyaAssassin_zpsdbnslcpt.pngSapphireIllya_zpskhuil0vy.pngIllyaBangPrisma_zpsveth8yeq.pngZweiIllya_zpsr7lr2jkr.pngKuro_zpswcglqimu.pngIllyaSchooloutfit_zpswhfhi1xf.pngChloeSchooloutfit_zpsydyqm1od.pngAnotherIllyathing_zpst0824msz.pngAnotherIllyathingblood_zpsc5wdqoft.png

And these are her looking like Illya(and Chloe). It doesn't look as good to me, but I really didn't put much into them anyway.

MiyuEdelfelt_zpsaqymwfta.png

And, tangentially related, My attempt at Miyu Edelfelt in her Prisma Sapphire outfit. But back on topic.

MariaNightGown_zpsdyr6zvc2.pngMariaNightGownblood_zpswxu3mbgt.pngbeatenupMariaNightGownblood_zpsr5tj4896.Mariabikini_zpsbqg8dny9.pngMariaArcherInstallFullbody_zpsn9r0whj2.pMariaKuroFullBodynomark_zpsxfxhaqb4.pngMariaKuroFullBodymark_zpskbpy63xk.pngIllyaArcherInstallFullbody_zpsbasyvsqo.pKuroFullBodymark_zpscgjggnys.png

More full body portraits. Night gown, night gown cover in blood, torn night gown with blood and scrapes(rp purpose), a swim suit(vaguely based on Illya's swimsuit in Hollow Ataraxia) that was mostly a base for the following portraits, Archer Install, Kuro's outfit, Kuro's outfit with binding seal. Then a Illya and Chloe version of those.

But now, for an older version...

NewAgainMariaCoat2_zpskk3rxu9w.png

OlderMaria_zps0laxam93.pngOlderMariawithbook_zps4ihz2mqh.png

I found some fan art of an older Illya, so I used that as the basis for an older Maria, including a full body. The lightning tome was based on a book I'm assuming was made to go with a Robin cosplay, I think.

And I think that's it for this post. I don't think I could fit everything in this post, so my next post will have the Shad stuff plus some other things.

Okay, so here's the Shad related stuff now.

ShihadUBWcoat_zps7b2sdgl6.pngArcherInstallShad_zpsk6rtxrpa.pngArcherInstallShad2_zpsswztc2xc.pngArcherInstallShirou_zpsj1ovi5lf.pngArcherInstallShirou2_zpstbnk6v1f.pngSmallCorruptShad_zpscbol5a2f.pngSmallCorruptShadmask_zpsy4y2wcys.png

Okay, so in order, Shad as Shirou from UBW anime, Archer install, Archer Install w/cape(alternatively a CE from F/GO), as Shirou using Archer Install, as Shirou with Archer Install w/cape, corrupted version(akin to Alice in previous posts), corrupted version wearing a Assassin mask from the Fate Series.

ShadArcheroutfitinstall_zpskebtyjjy.pngShadnewattiremaybeneutralbat_zpsbp7ph7egShadnewattiremaybeneutralbattle_zps8cdksShadFullbodyupdate_zpsrmtfkul6.pngcorruptedShad_zpsdzpnhnmm.pngcorruptedShadmask_zpsjjxtpubb.png

Full body of Shad with the archer install, updated Shad's sacaen outfit in full body(dried blood from crossbow wound), same as before except beat up(rp plans for same rp as Maria all torn up), redone coat so it's not as loose and flowing, full body corrupted Shad, corrupted Shad w/mask.

DarenNewCoat_zpsxv5fkum0.pngNewestKelsey_zpsxmb42czx.png

Slight change of pace, Shad and Maria's parents. First, Daren wearing a coat that Shad wore(hand-me down kinda thing). Second is a remake of Kelsey, who used to just be a recolor of Eliwoods mom, who was then updated to have Brunya's clothes. Instead, I took my original older Maria mug and edited. Appearance-wise, based on Tohsaka Rin from Fate/Stay Night Who could've guessed? It's not a recurring theme or anything. Since both died the year Maria was born - Daren was executed six months earlier and Kelsey died in childbirth - they are both rather young looking. But that's not all.

DarenFullBody_zpsyeyn3iwa.pngKelseyFullbody_zps9pl88yet.png

Daren (and Shad's initial) outfit was based on Xu Shu from Dynasty Warriors, so that was my reference there. It's still a work in progress. Then there is Kelsey's full body based on a pose of an older Tohsaka Rin.

ShadFamily_zpszwefhp31.png

A hypothetical family photo, had things not gone awry.

MaddoxWIP_zpsrp9kcgej.pngDyrnwyn_zps41kppe9c.pngFullBodyIllya4NohairBand_zpsi7mynw1g.png

So I've been trying to do a full body portrait of Lennox, so here he is using a pose based on Li Shuwen from Fate/Extra. One of the issues here...is that he's so tall compared to the others I've done. That was the second full body I did after my post back in July, so I haven't revisited it. I think I'm going to redo that when the opportunity presents itself. Next to that is his sword Dyrnwyn, which was based on a model for a mod for Skyrim, and just to show how big it is, Fremy is there for a height reference as she stands at five feet tall. It doesn't look as good as Igalima, the scythe from the other post.

That's all for now. This post was certainly longer, but I think it had a bit less content wise. I think.

This guy though, what is up with his legs lmao. It's all just pillars with no hips. He also probably has a really big butt if his body is so curvy.

His head could also stand to be a tad larger.

Yeah. That's kinda why it's been in that state since July. I'm not too fond of the outfit, so I was originally considering him without a top on. I was trying find a wrestler as a reference, as there are quiet a few at that height and he has some wrestling experience, but couldn't find a good reference, at least at the time. When I get back from vacation and probably the hell that is last minute Thanksgiving shopping at work, I'll try again. Honestly, the way Lennox looks is kinda the main reason i always tossed out attempted full-body portraits of the Hyperions years ago. Shad's outfit I at least based on something I've seen fully. Lennox never got that. Well, sorta. His original outfit, and his look altogether, was based on trying to make Robin, the same variant used for Smash 4. But since I decided he was going to adopt a Sacaen outfit at one point, and then decided that would be his final outfit, I switched to something like he's wearing now, only with Dayan's pelt originally. I didn't want to try to sprite the pelt, so I removed it, only to still have no idea for the full body design.

I think I need to think of the full design before sticking with it.

• 2 weeks later...

LennoxBrawler_zpsb0b354f4.pngMaybenewLennox_zps9ee7i0py.png

So, trying an update of Lennox here. First is the old version topless. The second one is the update. Made the head a bit bigger, and used a reference of a wrestler who is Lennox' height for the body. It looks a bit odd, but I'm sorta planning on the full body as well for him, so it should look a bit better later. Suffice to say, you don't really see any of his right arm on that part because of his pecs.

I think that's all for now.

• 2 weeks later...

I was trying to use the body of a wrestler...but yeah, it looked kinda weird. So I changed it again. Then did a bit of a lazy edit thing, which turned out a bit better than expected. Still needs work, but it's a good base to work with.

MaybenewLennox1_zpsxg6pne4w.pngMaybenewLennox2_zpsx3lfsn1e.pngMaybenewLennox3_zpsqwyjtef6.png

So, new head on old body, new head on old outfit, and then new hood on top of that. And...

NewFullBodyLennoxMaybe_zpskqmvwuxm.png

I upscaled Shad's full body with no shirt to match Lennox's existing torso and miraculously it came out to the right height as the old work in progress Lennox full body. So, then I added a few things onto that. That's all for now.