CobyTheGoober

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

yjScy3q.pngFirst post (2015) 
imagePortraits from this winter season (2020).

Is serenes forest dead? I'm not too sure, but I felt compelled to return and look at where I began. Honestly I got pretty emotional going through this thread (I even shed a tear lmao). I've come a long way, and I have been through a lot. At the beginning of this thread I was 13, and was in my final year of middle school. Now I'm 18 and in my first year of university. I'm feeling a weird storm of emotions right now. I'm really happy with how much I've improved and excited for how much better I'm going to become in the next 5 years. I'm also a little disappointed in myself in not doing enough practice during those 5 years, and disappointed by the fact that I still haven't (in my opinion) surpassed the spriters of old. Feeling a lot of regret too, for failing to complete tasks or requests, or picking things up that I never bothered to finish and never bothered to resolve.  

Anyways, thanks to every single person who took the time to critique my art and help me improve. Joining the FE spriting community was, and still is the best thing to have ever happened to my development as an artist. Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/gogibahp I probably won't be coming back anytime soon, so I mostly post there. 

Take care yall 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, don't leave! 

I just got here!

Your palettes and linework has gotten sharper and more vivid. I think the next step for you will be transcending the FE style of portraits and using your own. The bunny girl is pretty original, for example.

Edited by copywright
spelling