Confessions of the Emblem

MCProductions

Hmm, nice to be able to unload my thoughts somewhere, well:

Stupid things:

- I totally forgot Kellam the first time I played Awakening and I also killed Gaius. Thus I had no idea who it was when Anna announced the "winners" in the beach DLC.

- I like using bow knights and pretend that they are awesome.

- I've never played FE4 yet I love the story.

- I think Roy's look in Smash looks slick and absolutely love it. (maybe not that stupid?)

- The only class changes to a character is the one that makes sense the most. So no Lissa or Brady with axes.

Awakening headcanons:

- The Avatar is male Robin. There is no self-insert.

- Robin died at the end and his comrades will be plagued by not being able to accept the fact, especially Chrom.

- Robin is just as morally unhinged as Tharja, Henry and Validar, if not more so, and can be just as ruthless as Walhart. He is just better at hiding it, with the Shepherds holding him back. (There is a reason why Robin is Grima's vessel.)

- Robin is a brilliant strategist and advisor-commander, expert magic caster and above average swordsman. Nothing more, nothing less (so no administrator, politician, swordsmaster, thunder god, hero etc. Looking at you, fanfiction writers)

- Robin had feelings for Emmeryn and her death shook him to the point that he never married any of the first generation parents.

- Robin is hated in Ylisse for being a warmonger and Grimleal and he holds no love for that realm either, his loyalty being to Chrom only.

- Robin is a Blood Knight similar to Lon'qu, seeking worthy opponents within the fields of tactics.

- Chrom is good at discerning people and gaining people for his benefit, he just leaves socializing with them to Robin.

- Vaike is smarter than he lets on and is better at acting than most others.

- Frederick is a capable general and commander on his own.

- Severa has a role to Lucina similar to Robin's to Chrom.

- Morgan comes from a future where Robin didn't sacrifice himself but would eventually lead to a hunt against him and his daughter by both followers of Grima and followers of Naga. Morgan having little memories of her mother is because of the mother dying as a result of the persecutions. Robin sent Morgan back to the past to spare her from the cruelty of mankind.

Fates headcanons:

- I like to pretend it doesn't exist. (F**k Kamui!)

Yes, I really liked Robin or at least the concept of his character. Any fan of Romance of the Three Kingdoms might understand.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- I totally forgot Kellam the first time I played Awakening and I also killed Gaius. Thus I had no idea who it was when Anna announced the "winners" in the beach DLC.

oh right also I killed Gaius

I didn't really get the concept of recruiting characters

All Fates related headcanons are coming from someone who's only seen the trailiers and seen this sites news updates, and as such has no knowledge of the story.

All the MU's are related by blood, much like Chrom to Marth and Priam to Ike. Corrin/Kamui is descended from Robin and Tiki cause manakete, while Robin descends from Kris and Linde, who descends from Mark and some village girl. This is why Lyn mistakes Robin for Mark, as they bear a strong family resemblance.

Hoshido's royal family is also descended from Tiki and M!Robin, while the Nohrian royal family is descended from F!Robin and Chrom's bloodline. Not sure how this works, but lets just role with it

FE does not exist in a multiverse, instead when another world is referred to, it's merely another continent on the same planet, much like how the Americas were once referred to as a new world

The Grimleal are descended from Gharnef's heretic followers in FE3, and likely just as brainwashed

For some reason, I headcanon the Black Fang to be the Red Lotus from the Legend of Korra.

After RD, Ike, Mia, and Soren leave Tellius to travel the world, Priam is descended from Ike and Mia, who wound up on Valentia trying to escape Soren who they started to find creepy after a few months of traveling together in peace. Tharja is actually descended from an abandoned Soren and Aimee.

My headcanon is that a prolonged cooling period is the driving force behind the events of Archanea and Ylisse.

[spoiler=Step-by-step explanation]-The Dragon Golden Age occurred while the climate was at its warmest. The cooling started with a rapid pulse, kicking off the Age of Decline.

-Several species existed alongside the dragons that quickly went extinct from the cooling, some of the vital sustenance. This, along with the pressures a cooler world had on them, caused their intelligence and birthrates to slip. (Brainpower and child-rearing take a lot of energy; so while they could still survive it came at a cost.)

-Dragons took human form because they could retain their intelligence and ability to express it, and with a smaller body they had far lower energy requirements.

-Of the dragons who refused to take human form, Ice Dragons held out the longest due to their association with the cold, but eventually succumbed due to the food shortage.

-Cooling slowed before relevant human history began, but not long after the two Wars it picked up the pace again.

-The second cooling pulse caused sea levels to fall, which resulted in the regions surrounding Plegia becoming desert. Archanea tried to provide aid but could not support an entire continent, which drove the fallen nations to merge and worship their Dark God out of desperation. (Archanea also reached out to the tribes in the badlands, and they were more successful here. The Ice Tribe developed into what is now Regna Ferox.)

-Political disputes over the events caused internal conflict too, which resulted in Archanea becoming Ylisse.

-Across the western sea it had a similar effect on Valencia, and while no part of society collapsed it broke the continent-wide nation into smaller states, which developed their own cultures. (They also opened up trade with Archanea.)

It doesn't explain everything that happened but remains one of the strongest causes.

Another is that class strength gaps are due to nobles being biased and giving better training to their cavaliers/pegasus knights/dragon knights than the rest. Most nobles also hold these prejudices, even the playable ones as much as they hate to admit it.

Confessions:

-RD IMO had the best battle, skill, weapon and class mechanics in the whole series despite its really bad story

-I liked the Laguz system

-Transformation Bars>Stones

-While I like both Fates and Awakening, I do feel that the series needs to slow down and go back to something like GBA or GC eras

-I like the kids in Fates, they just are presented badly

-I like the ability to grind and max my characters

-I dislike reclassing though as I feel it ruins character originality and for the most part, endings don't make sense if you reclass certain characters (I'm looking at you SD)

Headcanons:

-Lachesis and Fin had an affair and that is why Fin is mentioned to be the father of Nanna in FE5. Beowolf is the father of Delmund though

-All the substitutes exist in FE4 alongside the actual kids

-My haedcanons for what happened at Belhella:

Sigurd-Dead

Noish-Dead

Alec-Dead

Arden-Dead

Azel-Survived but taken by Alvis and turned to stone

Lex-Dead

Midayle-Dead

Dew-Dead

Adean-Escaped and raised the Celice, Shanan, Oifey, her kids, Aira's kids, Delmund

Aira-Escaped but hunted down and killed

Jamke-Dead

Holyn-Dead

Raquesis-Survived but went to the desert to find Delmund alongside Beowolf. Both were captured and turned to stone

Beowolf-Above

Lewyn-Died fighting to allow people to escape, but then resurrected by Holsety

Sylvia-Escaped, had her children, abandoned them in an orphanage, and was never seen again

Ferry-Returned to Silesse and became queen (She married Lewyn). She raised her kids, Arthur and Amid and died of an illness

Tailto-Escaped and returned home. Was abused by Hilda and died of depression.

Claud-Dead

Briggid-Escaped and somehow ended up in Tharicia with amnesia

-Ike did not leave Tellius

-Eirika became a vigilante and travels with Ross and Seth around Magvel

-Like someone said, Kamui is albino and is near blind, which is why he touches other peoples faces.

-All the FE worlds are connected and are just continents on a world

-Just a random timeline:

Jugdral->Tellius->Archanea 1->Valentia->Archanea 2->Elibe->Magvel->Ylisse&Valm->Fates

As for year, I have no idea

I would post my FEA headcanons but I have a lot of them.

I'm not good with thieves. Sometimes they even die in the recruitment chapter.

Kinda wish Flavia/ Basilio had an S Support.

Awakening- I always promote my avatar to Dark Knight. They end up being one of my most powerful units.

GBA games- I'm fond of Paladins, especially Seth.

I will join you in this fight since I ship Stahl and Sumia HARD. (Would have been such a cute family)

To battle!

Anyway, I have another headcanon.

After Ryoma and Elise's support, our good lobster lord decides to pass his flower crown making skills to Sakura, and whenever they have some festival or whatever Japanese people have, everyone ends up with a flower crown because who can say no to such a precious cinnamon roll like Sakura?

Edited by MidoriMage

Confessions

Um, uh, I enjoy FE6 more than FE7(though FE7 is objectively the better game).

I don't have too many "confessions" to be honest.

Seeing how this is also(perhaps mostly by now) a headcanon thread,

Headcanons

-Ike never hooked up with anybody, Soren, Elincia, or otherwise. Romance just isn't his thing, period.

-He did however eventually come across a young orphan, who he took in as his own and raised. He passed down his skills and the Ragnell(which Sanaki let him keep after RD). It's them specifically who Priam is descended from.

-The Black Knight was created to do the things that Zelgius with his position couldn't. He has no "self", no personality of his own. The persona is nothing more than just a tool, whatever Sephiran needs him to be, a ruthless warrior to rise through the ranks in Ashnard's army, or an honorable knight to gain Micaiah's trust.

Edited by DavidSW

My head canon for fates is that the Avatar from Awakening and the one from Fates are one and the same, as if to get back to Ylisse, they have to rewrite history! This is just so I can have the same avatar for both games though.

I have only beaten Awakening, but I also played a little bit of 7 and 8.

I suck at this game.

Edited by Ron of Ylisse

thought FE7 is objectively the better game

Why?

Anyway I don't really have many confessions or headcanons, but whatever:

- I always give my forges weird or generic names.

- I can't get myself to play FE4 past the first half of the prologue, it just gets me bored.

- I probably like FE6 more than FE12 by now.

- Ogma recognizes Sirius directly in FE3B2/12 chapter 4 and knows he can get him to his side.

- The Gradivus has Artemis' curse on it, not the Fire Emblem. That's why Camus and Hardin end up fighting for the bad side despite being good people and why it doesn't influence Marth. Hardin is the one who uses the Gradivus in the War of Shadows.

- Camus doesn't get skipped in FE11, he just pretends to die. (probably the most common view anyway?)

That's all I guess.

Edited by Gradivus.

1. Everyone in Awakening is a psychopath except Ricken who's been kidnapped and forced to fight. See his Lissa C support where Lissa gives really no shits about killing people.
2. Kamui is actually a manipulative fuck and that's why everyone gives them what they want.

3. Priam is a filthy liar, he just found Ragnelle at Ike's grave and took it. Why else would he get shitty Sol+Luna and not the real Aether.

4. I usually forget forging exists because it costs so much for max forges. Except in PoR where you get way to much money to ever actually spend.

5. L'Arachel and Erika get married in their A support. There's a ring and everything.

- I always give my forges weird or generic names.

My current PoR playthrough has a steel axe named Sam and steel sword named Jir. Earlier Ike had a sword called Cat but that broke.

2. Kamui is actually a manipulative fuck and that's why everyone gives them what they want.

My MU, this is actually canon.

I name my forges things like Pointy, and Spam (And Eggs) most of the time. But if im making something hella cool and balanced, they get a fancy name relating to Norse Mythology.

I desperately cling onto the fact that everyone's mothers in FE4 survived (except Deirdre, of course)

Also I don't give half a shit about the problems (storywise, costumewise, etc.) Fartes apparently has

I'm gonna buy and play the shit outta that game and I'm gonna love it; story and all

Pixelman, your not alone concerning Fates, heck I'm also that way about Vestaria Saga and SMTxFE

I typically name my forges puns, such as Win Spear or in my most recent POR playthrough, Win Button

The exception to this rule is Awakening, where I name my forges after the legendary weapons that are missing in that game, such as the Binding Blade Tho it reads Sealed Sword, so it will fit

3. Priam is a filthy liar, he just found Ragnelle at Ike's grave and took it. Why else would he get shitty Sol+Luna and not the real Aether.

honestly I just feel like he has a bunch of lookalike Ragnells that he throws at people

I mean not only does he not have Aether he has a limited use Ragnell that he throws at people

Also I don't give half a shit about the problems (storywise, costumewise, etc.) Fartes apparently has

I'm gonna buy and play the shit outta that game and I'm gonna love it; story and all

P R E A C H

Im gonna probably enjoy the campier parts of the story(s). And i have plans for a more serious take.

Pixelman, your not alone concerning Fates, heck I'm also that way about Vestaria Saga and SMTxFE

I typically name my forges puns, such as Win Spear or in my most recent POR playthrough, Win Button

The exception to this rule is Awakening, where I name my forges after the legendary weapons that are missing in that game, such as the Binding Blade Tho it reads Sealed Sword, so it will fit

As for me, I spend a little too much time forging weapon names in Awakening (since giving them names and unchanged stats cost 0g)

http://m.imgur.com/a/fnGLG

1) I complain a lot about Fates for someone who bought the special edition.

[spoiler=Awakening]

2) Emm is actually brought back to life by Henry who thought Chrom and Lissa were too sad about her death and wanted to make them happy. Since he could only reanimate the body and not bring back the soul she's pretty much a zombie.

3) EliwoodxHector is canon and their children are so weak because they used a village maiden as surrogate mother.

As for me, I spend a little too much time forging weapon names in Awakening (since giving them names and unchanged stats cost 0g)

http://m.imgur.com/a/fnGLG

Welp, I need to do a playthrough of Awakening where I name every weapon I have.

3) EliwoodxHector is canon and their children are so weak because they used a village maiden as surrogate mother.

This gave me an idea.

In randomized FE6, Eliwood randomly gets a wife from FE7's cast, so Roy ends up being good. New headcanon confirmed!

Edited by Gradivus.

I'm going to continue being that weirdo who considers Roy to be a good unit. At least he has been in all my runs so far

I headcanon that Emmeryn got stockholm syndrome while she was captured by Gangrel, and after her "revival" she still has feelings for Gangrel.

I also headcanon that Gangrel and Emm had a future kid, but she chose to not come into contact with her parents and stay in the future. I honestly don't care how many plotholes this makes

Stefan is Eliwood and Lyn's descendant, and the Vague Katti is actually the Sol Katti.

Headcanon:

- Since Sanaki has as much Growth rate total than her sister (and more than any other "human") she is a "dormant" branded, and she'll start to age extremely slowly shortly after the event of RD)

- Nanna can't use the Beosword because she use her mother's fighting style unlike Delmud (who use their father's, hence why he can't use the Earth sword)

- In their A support Eirika and Tana marries unknown men just to hide the fact that they are in a lesbian relationship.

- Finn is Cuansexual (that extend over Cuan's children).

- There are no "other world" except the one behind the dragon gate, and every continent featured in FE is part of the same world (this one is only because Awakening really ****** up with its fanservice)

- The last winter from Elibe is the cause of the degeneration of Akaneia's dragons.

- Severa is Bisexual (and Camilla too)

Confessions:

- Ever since I saw the old version of FE5's site on an english board, I can't see any father for Nanna except Beowulf (Even though I hate Beo/Lachy and I really want that another guy was Nanna's father)

- I warmed up to some of FE4's first gen women only because Osawa made (all of) them really beautiful (specially Diadora)

- I like that when confronted with a desperate fight forced on her, Micaiah used dirty tactics (even though it fail) instead of doing like every other lord and ***pull her way to victory thanks to plot armor.

- Playing FE11 or 12 felt like a chore unlike any other FE (as much as I hate the game, even Awakening gave me some fun)

Edited by Sartek

Confessions:

-I tend to like to grind a lot in casual mode to bring all my characters up.

-I think Casual mode is okay, I usually play it when I want to see the story.

-I haven't yet finished Shadow dragon as I keep having to restart because I keep losing units and I refuse to lose any unit unless it's Death by Plot.
-I haven't finished RD because of same thing above.

-I'm not big on roms so I haven't played any of the games outside of the ones released here in the states.

-I've been a fan of the series since first seeing Sacred Stones in Anime Insider as an ad and found Joshua very cool looking and seeing Erika got me excited to play.

-I don't own sacred stones due to a friend refusing to sell it to me along with their Rekka. (apparently I wasn't offering high enough for them.)

-I'm not a huge fan of Michah and Sothe as an item.

Head cannon:

-All continents are on the same world the difference is the time period.

-The Dragon Gate actually acts as a portal between times not worlds.

-AU's exist in their own plane and are on top of the time frame that actually happens and are running parallel to one another.

-Ike returned to Tellius later in life after traveling and realizing that what he wanted was at home.

-Soren eventually learned of his family and blood line.

-Palles is directly related to Marth and Chrom's family line.

-Mark is an ancestor to Kris, who is a ancestor to Corrin and Robin.

-Priam is related to Ike, but it's not as direct as most would think.

-Robin's mom is from Magval and she's a decedent of Erika and Ephraim.

-FeRobin marrying Chrom means that Kris and Marth's families are now connected.

-Robin has connections via family tree to a number of past branded and dragons meaning that their blood is more susceptible for Grima's use.

-I have way to many head cannons for my pairings.